• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• King prawn

• neilnunb

Captain Sausage

Kingsley in for Halkett is okay - I get it. 

Really disappointed in Neiwenhoff for McKay. That’s a really poor selection. Too defensive and will end up with us lacking a way to get up the field that isn’t hoof it Shankland. 

Really hope I’m wrong but reckon we’ll be second best until 60 mins when McKay comes on and we have the quality to unpick Hibs defence. 

Edited by Captain Sausage

stirlingshirejambo

Just parked up at Abbeyhill for stroll to stadium. Missed shankland interview on sport sound and  presenters creaming themselves saying all Hearts fans will be resigned to him moving on after that interview. Did anyone hear it ?

happy with team and I think the Hoff v Newell could be crucial

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, Captain Sausage said:

Kingsley in for Halkett is okay - I get it. 

Really disappointed in Neiwenhoff for McKay. That’s a really poor selection. Too defensive and will end up with us lacking a way to get up the field that isn’t good it Shankland. 

Really hope I’m wrong but reckon we’ll be second best until 60 mins when McKay comes on and we have the quality to unpick Hibs defence. 

May well be plan.

Not keen on the changes to be honest. I thought McKay done well enough for s start and he has provided that wee bit magic at Easter Road before. 

Just now, Sooperstar said:

Not keen on the changes to be honest. I thought McKay done well enough for s start and he has provided that wee bit magic at Easter Road before. 

He’s been out injured for months. 

4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Well if the attackers on the pitch are not doing the business there’s plenty on the bench to replace them.

What attackers?

Shankland and Forrest at a push.

I'm disappointed with that. It's inviting them on.

Just now, Sooperstar said:

These games go 100 mph for 35mins then start to settle. Save him for the second half when he’ll get a chance to get his foot on the ball. He’s only just back from injury no point wasting him for that first period and only getting 20 good minutes from him IMO.

Skivingatwork
5 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Nieuewenhof, ooft. Big call. Hope it's a good one. 

That was my only concern reading the team news.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

He’s been out injured for months. 

But looked absolutely fine at the weekend, played some brilliant passes and had an assist. 

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

But looked absolutely fine at the weekend, played some brilliant passes and had an assist. 

Had a good game. I’ve got to think he’d be starting if the fitness guys and coaches thought he was up to it though. Surely not just dropped. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, Hmfc1965 said:

What attackers?

Denholm in the 10 with Forrest and Shanks. Gives us plenty options to change once the initial kicking match dies down. 

I’d have started Oda every day of the week before Forrest.

Also should’ve started McKay…we should be going for it, but that lineup reeks of negativity.

The only counter to the above thought process, is that I said the same thing before we pumped Celtic…so hopefully he’s got the lineup spot on again.

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

What attackers?

Need the dynamic fullbacks heads on tonight. Hope those two and Denholm can cause carnage, get up, dust themselves down, and hand Mr Kingsley the ball several times tonight. 

Skivingatwork

Have to win the physical contest as they’ll come out all guns blazing with very little skill but all blood and thunder.

Weather the initial storm and let the superior quality take over when the game settles.

Just hope the ref gets a hold of that hammer thrower Newell early on as he’s an absolute thug. 

4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

These games go 100 mph for 35mins then start to settle. Save him for the second half when he’ll get a chance to get his foot on the ball. He’s only just back from injury no point wasting him for that first period and only getting 20 good minutes from him IMO.

Yeap - agree with this

He has clearly reverted to the system that has seen us having a much better away record and performances than recent seasons.

concern is hoff he needs to look like a hearts player tonight or he will be struggling to ever convince us . 

Attacking  options off the bench are considerable if we need a goal.

1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Need the dynamic fullbacks heads on tonight. Hope those two and Denholm can cause carnage, get up, dust themselves down, and hand Mr Kingsley the ball several times tonight. 

We do. But the fact we're relying on long range free kicks doesn’t bode well.

There's been a few games over the last 10 years or so when we've been blown away at Easter Road because they've come at us and we've had nothing.

The 2016 and 2017 cup games spring to mind.

2 hours ago, merrymac said:

Would be surprised if Denham is out for Hoff. He brought a new forward presence and attacking threat we have been totally lacking. He also did the hard graft well. Too fast a game for the Hoff i fear. Good to bring on when we are ahead.

Young players are more prone to injury when tired than older players are. On form I'd keep him in but I'd rather protect him a bit from what's likely to be an ugly match early on and throw him on later after players like Newell tire a bit and lose their appetite for Scott Brown tackles.

EDIT: Just saw the team sheet had been released, looks like Naismith is protecting Halkett but giving Denholm a run. Good luck to the lad.

Edited by Led Tasso

7 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

1-3

Another few drinks I might make it to 1-4 😁 

Stop drinking.

1-2 Hearts all day long shanks at the double 

15 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Hopefully dominate midfield I think this is the correct call here 

Mackay is a good option to come on but this is a derby is crap conditions 

Diadora Van Basten
16 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Not really sure what he brings to the team and leaves us short up front.

My initial reaction was that’s a defensive line up. On reflection we’ve got so many attacking options to bring on when the game is stretched. The first half is going to be a battle. 

2 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

That difference in quality on the two teams should be battering them today, they are overdue a hammering too 

From the starting line up I don't see us creating too much.

Just now, Des Lynam said:

My initial reaction was that’s a defensive line up. On reflection we’ve got so many attacking options to bring on when the game is stretched. The first half is going to be a battle. 

It looks like an attempt to keep the game tight then bring on the attacking players.

If it's all square at half time it'll have worked.

We'll see.