Germany 2024

FWJ

39 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Munich is too far away anyway. A fan zone in Dusseldorf for us for that one I think. 

Dusseldorf is decent. Been there for a stag before and it's pretty small. The Aldstadt is where everything happens.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• periodictabledancer

• Sooperstar

• Luckies1874

• Midloth_Iain

periodictabledancer

Will see the opener in Koln and then do a wee but travelling before Dusseldorf for France v Austria. Have got tickets for one Turkey game in Dortmund but if that goes to planned they get Greece I'll be selling them to reoup cost of tickets for the Hungary game ( big thanks to a certain poster on here).

Very disappointing to see UEFA have commandeered the entire parking at all venues. Big problems now in making a simple  30/60 min drive thats become a nightmare train journey. 

A proper tournament with Scotland in it, is going to be fantastic.  I've missed it. 

The last one doesn't count, being during covid and at Hampden. 

Out enjoying the beer and sunshine supporting Scotland,  is hard to beat. Only winning it can come close to winning the Scottish Cup in 1998. Christ,  the last WC Scotland were in. 🍺

Placid Casual

No joy this week either. Five of us applied.

I've heard that there are thousands of tickets on sale on secondary sites. Very frustrating.

Midloth_Iain
12 hours ago, Gershwin said:

Dusseldorf is decent. Been there for a stag before and it's pretty small. The Aldstadt is where everything happens.

Riverside area is also good, lined with bars and restaurants

Didn't get tickets for Scotland, still have England v Denmark tickets. It's a bit mental there's not an official ticket exchange site when you had no idea what you were applying for back in October. 

Hopefully work something out for exchanging, though not sure how that would work when they are virtual tickets

Gorgie_Rules
10 minutes ago, MrBones said:

Didn't get tickets for Scotland, still have England v Denmark tickets. It's a bit mental there's not an official ticket exchange site when you had no idea what you were applying for back in October. 

Hopefully work something out for exchanging, though not sure how that would work when they are virtual tickets

UEFA are launching an exchange portal in the spring. Its highly unlikely there will be any tickets for the Germany game on it but ticket should appear for the other two.

With many others across the world also blindly applying before the draw was made there will be folk out there with tickets for Scotland V Switzerland and Hungary with no intention of going.

All tickets are exchanged via the UEFA ticket app.

I bit the bullet and paid for a ticket for the opener. Stings giving it to UEFA but not often you get to a game seeing Scotland open a major tournament. 

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

Sooperstar
4 minutes ago, MrBones said:

The ticket exchange will be launched in March. 

1 hour ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

UEFA are launching an exchange portal in the spring. Its highly unlikely there will be any tickets for the Germany game on it but ticket should appear for the other two.

With many others across the world also blindly applying before the draw was made there will be folk out there with tickets for Scotland V Switzerland and Hungary with no intention of going.

All tickets are exchanged via the UEFA ticket app.

I bit the bullet and paid for a ticket for the opener. Stings giving it to UEFA but not often you get to a game seeing Scotland open a major tournament. 

I thought it was resale, not exchange. You can sell tickets you don't need at face value

Edited by MrBones

Sooperstar
6 hours ago, MrBones said:

I thought it was resale, not exchange. You can sell tickets you don't need at face value

You can also transfer tickets to another user, without going through the sales platform. That opens up the option of exchanging tickets with someone else, but obviously you have to arrange the swap away from the ticket platform.

• 1 month later...
part_time_jambo
On 27/01/2024 at 00:07, periodictabledancer said:

Will see the opener in Koln and then do a wee but travelling before Dusseldorf for France v Austria. Have got tickets for one Turkey game in Dortmund but if that goes to planned they get Greece I'll be selling them to reoup cost of tickets for the Hungary game ( big thanks to a certain poster on here).

Very disappointing to see UEFA have commandeered the entire parking at all venues. Big problems now in making a simple  30/60 min drive thats become a nightmare train journey. 

If you get a chance when in Dortmund, visit the National Football Museum. It's across from the railway station and well worth a visit.

gerryjambo41

Myself , My son and one of my mates are going . The only tickets we have so far are for Black Stone Cherry in Nuremburg 😂

periodictabledancer
2 hours ago, part_time_jambo said:

If you get a chance when in Dortmund, visit the National Football Museum. It's across from the railway station and well worth a visit.

Cheers, it's on the list. 

Midloth_Iain
3 hours ago, Placid Casual said:

Anyone have luck getting tickets today?

Sat in the virtual  'waiting room' access area for 40 minutes. Then checked ticket availability and they had all gone, so NO ....  😌

OmiyaHearts

Managed to get a cat 2 ticket for Germany game on resale - 270 quid. Already have a Switzerland ticket via SFA mate.

Driving over in a mobile home with 5 mates for 10 days - Munich / Cologne. Got boat and campsites booked ages ago, It's going to be some trip!

Edited by OmiyaHearts

redtipsjambo

My mate waited 58 minutes, got 4 Hungary tickets, Prime seating 400 euros

I was 15 mins behind him and got another 1 at 400, there was no other option for cheaper, he clocked on at 10 am and I was 3 mins behind him in clocking on.

5 of us going, so happy to get 1 game even tho they are a bit pricey.

There was no options for Germany or Swiss game at 11.15 when I was on

Luckies1874

Good performance and result from the Welsh tonight setting up a Play Off Final, in Cardiff, against Poland on Tuesday. Winner into a group of France, Holland and Austria.

Georgia v Greece will be an interesting one after both comfortably came through their ties. 

The third Final is currently Ukraine v Iceland - Ukraine just scored twice in the last 5 mins in Sarajevo to go from 1 down to 2-1 up!

Edited by Luckies1874

Luckies1874

If anyone is having VAR withdrawals this will prove an interesting watch 😂

DG_HMFC
On 13/03/2024 at 21:40, redtipsjambo said:

My mate waited 58 minutes, got 4 Hungary tickets, Prime seating 400 euros

I was 15 mins behind him and got another 1 at 400, there was no other option for cheaper, he clocked on at 10 am and I was 3 mins behind him in clocking on.

5 of us going, so happy to get 1 game even tho they are a bit pricey.

There was no options for Germany or Swiss game at 11.15 when I was on

Feck the price. Having just 1 match ticket and being over there makes it all worth it.

Im going over on the 16th - 27th. I am now looking for accommodation for the last 6 nights (flying to and from Dusseldorf) which is 21st-27th. Obviously wanting to head towards Stuttgart for the night of the game there. Anyone else doing the same? I'll be alone for this part which isnt great but there will be plenty people around :D

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, Negan said:

Im going over on the 16th - 27th. I am now looking for accommodation for the last 6 nights (flying to and from Dusseldorf) which is 21st-27th. Obviously wanting to head towards Stuttgart for the night of the game there. Anyone else doing the same? I'll be alone for this part which isnt great but there will be plenty people around :D

I'm in Stuttgart for a couple of nights for the last game. There is nothing affordable on the hotel front and BnB had poor choice. Staying  in Pforzheim - you can still get trains back post match, only an hour or so away.   There wasn't much left in Pforzheim when I booked though. 

Maybe you can find a share in a AirBnB. Good luck. 

48 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

I'm in Stuttgart for a couple of nights for the last game. There is nothing affordable on the hotel front and BnB had poor choice. Staying  in Pforzheim - you can still get trains back post match, only an hour or so away.   There wasn't much left in Pforzheim when I booked though. 

Cheers!

Jibbers

Wasn’t sure if the Germany 44 shirt was an April Fool or not, albeit one in bad taste, but it seems to have been widely reported.

hereford_hearts

In 96, I had just moved to Herefordshire. I was up at villa park getting tickets for the Switzerland game, and there was a wee scots lad in front of me in the queue. The girl behind the counter would not sell him any tickets as he didn't have an English address . I still had a house in Kent, so I said as long as he behaved, I'd give him the address. He turned to the girl and said "I've got your address, how many tickets can I buy?" 

20 was the answer, and he pulled out a wedge of cash and bought the max. 

I got my six, and was leaving to go back to work. There's about 100 Scots fans outside with this guy as he's handing out tickets. I got a thank you, then he asked if my neighbours would mind if they bought tickets to the game with a laugh. I lived at 107, and I think they just used the next few numbers of the street to get enough tickets for them all. 

Edited by hereford_hearts

Remnants of Standards

Five of us based in Dusseldorf and Wupertal. We fly in on the first day so cant get to Munich. We booked up ages ago not knowing we'd be the first game!

Only three of us have any tickets at all through viagogo. Detest scalpers but as usual fans forced down these avenues.

Diadora Van Basten

I’m going to Munich for the opening game but don’t have a ticket. It looks like the fan zone is at the old Olympic Stadium so will probably head there to watch the match and three games on Saturday.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Me and my mate booked up before we qualified, 16th to 24th June, but staying with another mate who lives in Enschede. We're only 90 minute drive from Cologne, and my mate doesn't drink so is driving us wherever we need to be.

It's going to be a bit tight to get from Stuttgart back to Amsterdam, so booked a hotel and  just watching the Hungary game in a coffeeshop.

Can't wait. :lol:

Chuck Berry
18 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I’m going to Munich for the opening game but don’t have a ticket. It looks like the fan zone is at the old Olympic Stadium so will probably head there to watch the match and three games on Saturday.

It's not in the stadium itself, but in the park next to it.

Djnoisy

We're driving over to Munich in the campervan. No ticket or idea where to park up but we'll figure it out. 😀

We'll then head up to Cologne and do the same! 

22games nro
22 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Snap, see you there,  look out for our flag 

IMG_4550.jpeg

Diadora Van Basten
44 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

Snap, see you there,  look out for our flag 

IMG_4550.jpeg

Love the flag :jj:

22games nro
42 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Love the flag :jj:

👍👍

• 2 weeks later...
RustyRightPeg

Same, about the trip.

Less optimistic about Scotland though, as reading this morning that Ferguson has suffered a serious knee injury (thought to be ACL), McTominay is struggling, Hickey is almost certainly not going to make it and Billy Gilmour is in a knee brace and touch and go for a return this season.

Not good news.

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Same, about the trip.

Less optimistic about Scotland though, as reading this morning that Ferguson has suffered a serious knee injury (thought to be ACL), McTominay is struggling, Hickey is almost certainly not going to make it and Billy Gilmour is in a knee brace and touch and go for a return this season.

Not good news.

Posted about Ferguson in another thread. Bigger blow for the lad than our starting 11 but certainly need McTominay and Gilmour available. I've heard Hickey will definitely be ok but will need to play in a couple of bounce games in addition to the 2 friendlies we have. Think it's fair to say with the football calendar such as it is virtually every country will be missing players, we just have to hope that all our key guys make it. 

Bob Loblaw
23 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Posted about Ferguson in another thread. Bigger blow for the lad than our starting 11 but certainly need McTominay and Gilmour available. I've heard Hickey will definitely be ok but will need to play in a couple of bounce games in addition to the 2 friendlies we have. Think it's fair to say with the football calendar such as it is virtually every country will be missing players, we just have to hope that all our key guys make it. 

McTominay will be fine unless he gets a new injury. He was touch and go for the weekend and should be fit for their semi according to ETH.

De Zerbi said they think Gilmour will be back for the run in too, if he gets even a couple of games under his belt he'll be available.

Hickey is the biggest worry, but he'll be given every chance. Heard similar to yourself that he's winning the battle. Match sharpness will be the biggest issue. 

Mikey1874
4 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Bologna have confirmed its cruciate ligament injury. 

Mikey1874
4 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Bologna have confirmed its cruciate ligament injury. 

On 22/03/2024 at 14:23, periodictabledancer said:

So i got an apartment in Pforzheim. I think I was lucky as there wasn't much left. Its situated right opposite the train station too. Maybe bump into you!

periodictabledancer
23 minutes ago, Negan said:

So i got an apartment in Pforzheim. I think I was lucky as there wasn't much left. Its situated right opposite the train station too. Maybe bump into you!

We're in the Ibis , across the river, 10 mins walk

If you want  a lift to/from  the game, leave a message.:lol:

Just paid 24Euros for stadium parking. :veryangry:

Edited by periodictabledancer

28 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

We're in the Ibis , across the river, 10 mins walk

If you want  a lift to/from  the game, leave a message.:lol:

Just paid 24Euros for stadium parking. :veryangry:

There are now two of us if you have the room that would be barry although I dont have a ticket for the game, will just watch it in Stuttgart 

22games nro

For anyone planning to get around using trains , we have sorted out this card that gives you 25% off journeys for just under €20, it’s valid for 3 months the thing to be aware of you have to arrange to cancel the recurring payment or it will automatically come off again in another 3 months 

https://int.bahn.de/en/offers/bahncard/trial-bahncard25-2nd-class

Edited by 22games nro

periodictabledancer
On 15/04/2024 at 20:41, Negan said:

There are now two of us if you have the room that would be barry although I dont have a ticket for the game, will just watch it in Stuttgart 

Drop me a pm nearer the time. Just me and the missus so plenty of room.

8 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

Drop me a pm nearer the time. Just me and the missus so plenty of room.

👍

Fxxx the SPFL

Che Adams knocking them for Saints a double last night seems to be finding the net recently might push Shanks out of starting if he ever was under Clarke

Edited by Fxxx the SPFL