Germany 2024

FWJ

Nothing booked, waiting for the draw to see where we're playing, enough points for all games.  Reurn flight will be booked when Scotland are eliminated.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• periodictabledancer

• Sooperstar

• Luckies1874

• Midloth_Iain

On 07/11/2023 at 10:25, Sooperstar said:

I don't think C1 for example is necessarily the Pot 1 team in Group C.

It's not, it's completely random and each nation will be allocated a number during the draw.

C1 = Stuttgart, Munich & Cologne

Booked our flights months ago before we mathematically qualified.

Flying from Edinburgh to Amsterdam and then Amsterdam to Dusseldorf.

Should be guaranteed match tickets as well with the amount of LP's I have so that'll be my matchday travel sorted as well.

Placid Casual

Five of us booked accommodation in Dusseldorf back in May, flying Edinburgh to Dusseldorf on the first Saturday.

As mentioned, there are 4 host cities within easy reach of each other — Dusseldorf, Cologne, Dortmund and Gelsenkirchen — so Dusseldorf a good base (always wanted to visit there since watching Auf Wiedersehen Pet as a kid!).

Waiting to see now if any of our ticket applications are successful, and hoping that Scotland are playing in western Germany.

Not booking the return flight until after the draw. We may stay on depending on Scotland's fixtures. Really looking forward to it.

Edited by Placid Casual

You'll love Dusseldorf - the Altstadt is fantastic and full of great bars.

Their dark beer Altbeer is a speciality of the city - brewed on premises.

Edited by briever

7 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

No heard anything from the ballot and today was the day 😭

Results available now. I applied for a total of 25 tickets across 8 matches and got zero tickets. 

We_are_the_Hearts
3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Results available now. I applied for a total of 25 tickets across 8 matches and got zero tickets. 

Where do you see the results?

Fire_At_The_Disco
27 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

None for me either 🥹

Applied for 88 tickets (4 tickets for 22 different days) and got nada :rofl:

Have already secured some through hospitality but was hoping for at least another match or two! 

We_are_the_Hearts
2 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Applied for 88 tickets (4 tickets for 22 different days) and got nada :rofl:

Have already secured some through hospitality but was hoping for at least another match or two! 

Hospitality starts at 1250 euros a ticket

Out of 5 of us we applied for over 100 tickets and were all unsuccessful. Tight timescale to pay for those who are successful, with them only having 3 days. Should be a fair amount that to unclaimed.

14 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Zero for me. Has anybody been successful because all my friends and social media contacts have been negative. 

A couple of guys on the TAboard got one game but vast vast majority seem to have drawn a blank. 

Edited by Luckies1874

11 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Hospitality starts at 1250 euros a ticket

Aye through UEFA channels but not through other sponsors etc. 

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, Luckies1874 said:

Aye through UEFA channels but not through other sponsors etc. 

Ah right I assume its who you know then?

Only applied for 2 games but hee haw.

Need to check on a friend who applied for 5k worth of tickets not knowing if successful would have to pay for all...

7 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Only applied for 2 games but hee haw.

Need to check on a friend who applied for 5k worth of tickets not knowing if successful would have to pay for all...

My total was nearly £18k (22 x 4 tickets) but knew at best I’d get 1 or 2 games so £800-1200. You only have to pay for all tickets you do get.

periodictabledancer

Well I'll fly the flag for Kickback next year.🇩🇪 :beer:

Got 3 of 5 games and a bucket list trip to Dortmund in there too. The bad news is over 1K Euros for the lot (6 tickets) so the missus has just been told she won't be going to Mauritius next year - and if she doesn't stop moaning, she won't be going to Germany either. :lol:

Edited by periodictabledancer

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, periodictabledancer said:

Well I'll fly the flag for Kickback next year.🇩🇪 :beer:

Got 3 of 5 games and a bucket list trip to Dortmund in there too. The bad news is over 1K Euros for the lot (6 tickets) so the missus has just been told she won't be going to Mauritius next year - and if she doesn't stop moaning, she won't be going to Germany either. :lol:

Glad someone has and the whole process wasn't just myth! We would have settled for 1/3 applied for, price was scary but just factored into trip cost had a miracle happened.

Fan zones and a chance to see a different country we will make most of what we can

periodictabledancer
Just now, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Glad someone has and the whole process wasn't just myth! We would have settled for 1/3 applied for, price was scary but just factored into trip cost had a miracle happened.

Fan zones and a chance to see a different country we will make most of what we can

Mate, the only thing I've ever won in 60+ years was a 20oz bottle of ketchup in a raffle so this has been a long time coming. :lol: The only downside (if there's such a thing) is the games are on consecutive days and at my age that might be a struggle but will soldier on. 

I was resigned to just going over to the fan zones (like I did in France) - that alone was a great experience, just go for it. 

Gute fahrt !!

AlphonseCapone
15 minutes ago, Eddiepolio3 said:

Got not nuttin 😢

Still going to travel though 😁

We're booked to go regardless of tickets. But there will be people successful in the ballot that don't take them up so still a chance. Plus next spring I think they open up for resales so possibly a chance then too.

Starting to think the only people who got anything would have been from Saudi IP addresses, or that the ballot was a total fix in the first place to allow them to distribute tickets how they wanted to.  Why risk letting the general public bring in banners and flags that could potentially embarrass UEFA when they can vet it and sell them how they want. 

But like the Murphy's, I'm not bitter :lol:

periodictabledancer

Did anyone actually get an email telling them if they'd been successfull or did y'all just log into your accounts ?

I've got no email but I checked my account which showed 3 games tickets but when I go to pay,  it says I'm "blocked" - hopefully due to high traffic on the website. :oldsad:

AlphonseCapone
19 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Did anyone actually get an email telling them if they'd been successfull or did y'all just log into your accounts ?

I've got no email but I checked my account which showed 3 games tickets but when I go to pay,  it says I'm "blocked" - hopefully due to high traffic on the website. :oldsad:

I haven't had an email. Had to log in. It was obvious when I checked I'd not been unsuccessful but can't remember exact wording.

periodictabledancer
14 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I haven't had an email. Had to log in. It was obvious when I checked I'd not been unsuccessful but can't remember exact wording.

👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

Mate, the only thing I've ever won in 60+ years was a 20oz bottle of ketchup in a raffle so this has been a long time coming. :lol: The only downside (if there's such a thing) is the games are on consecutive days and at my age that might be a struggle but will soldier on. 

I was resigned to just going over to the fan zones (like I did in France) - that alone was a great experience, just go for it. 

Gute fahrt !!

Well done, you appear to be the exception to the rule, if there were 4 prizes in a raffle and 5 ticket holders, you know I am the one nae getting the prize :lol:

periodictabledancer
3 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Well done, you appear to be the exception to the rule, if there were 4 prizes in a raffle and 5 ticket holders, you know I am the one nae getting the prize :lol:

👍

Was never going to be easy with over 20 million applications. One thing I can guarantee though, there will be shed loads on secondary market ticket sites! 🙄

I applied for five games and didn't get anything. I went for the cheap seats in the quarters, semis, and final so not surprsing. There must have been loads of applicants for those tickets.