• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• periodictabledancer

• Sooperstar

• Luckies1874

• Midloth_Iain

alicante jambo

Regarding the fans zone how does it work do you have to apply for a ticket or is it just pay or is it free? First time regards this sort of thing.

periodictabledancer
2 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Regarding the fans zone how does it work do you have to apply for a ticket or is it just pay or is it free? First time regards this sort of thing.

I went to two in France in 2016 - free entry there. 

5 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

My total was nearly £18k (22 x 4 tickets) but knew at best I’d get 1 or 2 games so £800-1200. You only have to pay for all tickets you do get.

Yeah guess chances of all from that quite small!

Unsurprisingly, our group got **** all as well. Hopefully better luck once the unwanted tickets have been given back. Still, getting to a game was a bonus. The Germans do football the right way so it’ll be great in the fanzones, the bars or wherever we end up. 

1 minute ago, Zico said:

Unsurprisingly, our group got **** all as well. Hopefully better luck once the unwanted tickets have been given back. Still, getting to a game was a bonus. The Germans do football the right way so it’ll be great in the fanzones, the bars or wherever we end up. 

2006 World Cup was excellent over there. The general atmosphere was brilliant. They had fan zones in cities that weren't even hosting games. Had a great time. 

alicante jambo
15 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

I went to two in France in 2016 - free entry there. 

Cheers buddy is it just a free for all or is it limited to so many?

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

2006 World Cup was excellent over there. The general atmosphere was brilliant. They had fan zones in cities that weren't even hosting games. Had a great time. 

After not going to that one, I was going to this whether Scotland qualified or not. The fact they did makes it all the better!

On 08/11/2023 at 22:18, alicante jambo said:

If its any good try air bnb. I booked up a place tonight with free cancelation up till 8th june.

Cheers will have a look 

The fan zones will be amazing in all the cities and massive in size.

I was reading they are having the 'Fan Mile' in Berlin again which is between the Brandenburg Gate and The Victory Column.

• Aufbau der WM-Fanmeile am Brandenburger Tor beginnt

© dpa

• Fanmeile 2018: Deutschland gegen Mexiko

© dpa

• Aufbau der WM-Fanmeile am Brandenburger Tor beginnt

periodictabledancer
30 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Cheers buddy is it just a free for all or is it limited to so many?

No needs for tickets there. The one in Paris was under the Eiffel Tower , comfortably held 100,000 and was pretty busy  the day I went (I'd say 70/80K comfortably) but we went for the whole day and just got battered. 

The one is Lille was much smaller and was pretty quiet (on the night of the Ireland v Italy game in Lille on the same night).  I obviously don't know how this will translate in Germany  but if you don't go when Germany are playing I'd imagine it'll be fine. 

alicante jambo
33 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

No needs for tickets there. The one in Paris was under the Eiffel Tower , comfortably held 100,000 and was pretty busy  the day I went (I'd say 70/80K comfortably) but we went for the whole day and just got battered. 

The one is Lille was much smaller and was pretty quiet (on the night of the Ireland v Italy game in Lille on the same night).  I obviously don't know how this will translate in Germany  but if you don't go when Germany are playing I'd imagine it'll be fine. 

Brilliant cheers

alicante jambo
58 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Cheers will have a look 

Depends where you want to go i suppose but get it done quick before the prices rocket.

6 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Was never going to be easy with over 20 million applications. One thing I can guarantee though, there will be shed loads on secondary market ticket sites! 🙄

Tickets can only be transferred via the Uefa Ticket Platform. They won't be on the likes of viagogo etc. Tickets will still be sold for over face value, but more likely that will be someone paying cash on a German street and the seller transferring the ticket on the app there and then. 

18 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Tickets can only be transferred via the Uefa Ticket Platform. They won't be on the likes of viagogo etc. Tickets will still be sold for over face value, but more likely that will be someone paying cash on a German street and the seller transferring the ticket on the app there and then. 

Secondary market sites were 100% selling them at the last Euros via the Uefa app.

I know people that bought Scotland tickets from Ticombo. Ticombo basically acted as intermediaries, allowed someone to sell at "face value", the buyer paid an inflated fee which was labelled as administrative costs, and then the initial ticket holder was given the buyers details to transfer to.

periodictabledancer
19 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

There's a site called seatpick.com got some tickets up for resale and the sums are eye watering. No idea of they're kosher.

For folk wanting any ticket just to go to a game - in 2016 there was tickets available because locals bought tickets on spec but got a shit game eg the Norns. Also for Ireland games the black market was rampant, I saw one tout with a huge bundle of tickets in their final game. 100 Euros a ticket for the cheap seats. 

For Scotland games there is zero attraction for locals. 

Just saying. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
14 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Applied for all and got none.

Resell platform opens in spring. 

Im not fussed either way will still be going. 

Will be good to be in the country when Scotland are there and head to a fanzone if can't get tickets. 

periodictabledancer
21 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Resell platform opens in spring. 

Im not fussed either way will still be going. 

Will be good to be in the country when Scotland are there and head to a fanzone if can't get tickets. 

No No No !!!!

This is for the nations that make it through the qualifyers.

The next opportunity to apply for tickets will be after the final draw on 2 December 2023, when one million tickets will be made available to fans via the 21 qualified national associations, as well as the official UEFA ticket portal on EURO2024.com/tickets. To be eligible to apply for these tickets, fans must meet the specific criteria defined by their respective national association. More information will be published in due course on EURO2024.com/tickets.

A ticket resale platform – available in spring 2024 – will allow fans to offer their tickets for resale at face value via EURO2024.com/tickets. 

Edited by periodictabledancer

8 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

No No No !!!!

The next opportunity to apply for tickets will be after the final draw on 2 December 2023, when one million tickets will be made available to fans via the 21 qualified national associations, as well as the official UEFA ticket portal on EURO2024.com/tickets. To be eligible to apply for these tickets, fans must meet the specific criteria defined by their respective national association. More information will be published in due course on EURO2024.com/tickets.

A ticket resale platform – available in spring 2024 – will allow fans to offer their tickets for resale at face value via EURO2024.com/tickets. 

You've said No No No and then. Posted something which says exactly what the other poster said. 

The resell platform opens in Spring, at which point folk with unwanted tickets can put them up for resale at Face Value. 

Placid Casual
On 13/11/2023 at 19:34, briever said:

You'll love Dusseldorf - the Altstadt is fantastic and full of great bars.

Their dark beer Altbeer is a speciality of the city - brewed on premises.

Thanks. Sounds like a great city, will definitely try the Altbeer.

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

You've said No No No and then. Posted something which says exactly what the other poster said. 

The resell platform opens in Spring, at which point folk with unwanted tickets can put them up for resale at Face Value. 

You're right - and it's not even what I meant to post. 🤦‍♂️

I'll have another look but I thought there is going to be a public sale of tickets in December for those tickets not taken up in the first ballot. So it's not just about tickets going to national associations at that date. Which is what I meant to say. 

21 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

You're right - and it's not even what I meant to post. 🤦‍♂️

I'll have another look but I thought there is going to be a public sale of tickets in December for those tickets not taken up in the first ballot. So it's not just about tickets going to national associations at that date. Which is what I meant to say. 

There will be a further sale of tickets that are not taken up but the details on that aren't exactly clear. UEFA said that fans who were unsuccessful in the ballot will be given priority, so it may be that an email drops into your inbox offering you the chance to buy. 

They might want to shift those tickets before the draw is made, so a lot of people think that those emails will come through in the period between the end of the current purchase window (which closes on Friday afternoon) and the draw on 2nd December. 

On 15/11/2023 at 01:41, periodictabledancer said:

No No No !!!!

I think this is worth a bump😀

periodictabledancer
26 minutes ago, GYL said:

I think this is worth a bump😀

Those who are unsuccessful in their application in the October 2023 lottery phase will automatically be entered into the 'Fans First' programme. These fans will be the first to be informed about new UEFA EURO 2024 ticket availability (resulting from unsuccessful payments for example). Supporters in the 'Fans First' group will get an exclusive priority period to purchase such tickets according to their initial ranking in the lottery.

Looking at what has happened for previous tournaments it appears that if you're application was entirely unsuccessful then you should not expect to receive any more emails offering you the chance to buy tickets. So the opposite of how you would think it would work! 

Hopefully we’ll get a game in Dortmund. I used to live along the road so know the area relatively well. Would be an epic fanzone there I’d imagine. Will definitely head out if we do 🙏🏻

periodictabledancer
3 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Hopefully we’ll get a game in Dortmund. I used to live along the road so know the area relatively well. Would be an epic fanzone there I’d imagine. Will definitely head out if we do 🙏🏻

Recommend me a small dorf with a hotel.

I can't get a ****ing thing anywhere.

Looking at Essen , now, Jesus wept, Essen !!! Grangemouth am Rhein. :verymad:

Edited by periodictabledancer

27 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Go to Soest. 30 mins on a train 👍🏻

But be careful. There is a Soest in Holland too! 🤣

Edited by ShedBoy

periodictabledancer
6 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Go to Soest. 30 mins on a train 👍🏻

👍

Not sure how trains will work, given there's chat about 21.00 kick offs for all midweek games ?

Was resigned to driving but I've bookmarked it. Cheers. 

So Pots for the draw a week on Saturday now confirmed:

Pot 1

Germany 

France

England

Spain

Portugal 

Belgium 

Pot 2

Hungary

Turkey

Romania

Albania

Denmark

Austria

Pot 3

Scotland

Holland

Croatia

Slovenia

Slovakia

Czech Republic 

Pot 4

Italy

Switzerland

Serbia

Path A play off

Path B play off

Path C play off

53 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

I guess there may be a lot of accommodation cancellations in the coming weeks by people who had booked in the hope of getting tickets. It’s possible, anyway. I looked a couple of months ago and, like you, was shocked at how little was available. Also ended up contemplating some less than picturesque places in the Ruhrpott but eventually found somewhere nice between Cologne and Bonn. A bit further away from three of the venues, but so be it.

7 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Belgium, Albania and whoever gets through from group C play offs.

Would take that obviously....do we know who's in the A,B, C play offs?....we'll probably get France, Denmark and Italy🤦

periodictabledancer
9 minutes ago, leginten said:

I guess there may be a lot of accommodation cancellations in the coming weeks by people who had booked in the hope of getting tickets. It’s possible, anyway. I looked a couple of months ago and, like you, was shocked at how little was available. Also ended up contemplating some less than picturesque places in the Ruhrpott but eventually found somewhere nice between Cologne and Bonn. A bit further away from three of the venues, but so be it.

I haven't seen a bloody thing on booking.com . I'm kinda p'd off that the only tickets I didn't get was Cologne - really wanted that location for the pre/post match holiday. It's just too much for us to drive to Dortmund due to the 21.00 KOs (not confirmed but that's the rumour) .

I'll probably bin the Dusseldorf game and go to Dortmund  & Gelsenkirchen as I can get hotels in the Ruhr heartland but after many trips to/around Germany I can't believe I'm saying this.  "The ruhr heartland" ,   twinned with Ravenscraig. :lol:

15 minutes ago, GYL said:

Would take that obviously....do we know who's in the A,B, C play offs?....we'll probably get France, Denmark and Italy🤦

Path A play off  

Poland v Estonia

Wales v one of Finland/Ukraine/Iceland

Path B play off

Bosnia v one of Finland/Ukraine

Israel v one of Ukraine/Iceland

Path C play off

Georgia v Luxembourg 

Greece v Kazakhstan

The draws for the play off Semi-Finals and who goes to Wales, Bosnia and Israel and who hosts the play of Finals in all 3 Paths are made on Thursday.

3 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

I haven't seen a bloody thing on booking.com . I'm kinda p'd off that the only tickets I didn't get was Cologne - really wanted that location for the pre/post match holiday. It's just too much for us to drive to Dortmund due to the 21.00 KOs (not confirmed but that's the rumour) .

I'll probably bin the Dusseldorf game and go to Dortmund  & Gelsenkirchen as I can get hotels in the Ruhr heartland but after many trips to/around Germany I can't believe I'm saying this.  "The ruhr heartland" ,   twinned with Ravenscraig. :lol:

This “what to do in the Ruhr” website suggests a pleasing variety of gasometers and mining museums to visit.

🙂

https://medium.com/german-city-profiles/ruhrpott-the-former-industrial-region-is-a-popular-destination-for-visitors-c5fd6fa1ffba

periodictabledancer
25 minutes ago, leginten said:

This “what to do in the Ruhr” website suggests a pleasing variety of gasometers and mining museums to visit.

🙂

https://medium.com/german-city-profiles/ruhrpott-the-former-industrial-region-is-a-popular-destination-for-visitors-c5fd6fa1ffba

:rofl:

My wife would kill me.

Although I was looking around Baldeneysee anyway. 

1 hour ago, periodictabledancer said:

Trains will run through the night I think. 

If you do decide to ditch Dusseldorf then I'd be interested in the tickets. 

periodictabledancer
15 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Trains will run through the night I think. 

If you do decide to ditch Dusseldorf then I'd be interested in the tickets. 

My lad has first option but it all depends on what teams are involved. I'll let you know. Drop me a PM after 02 December. Cat 2 Tickets, not cheap. 

16 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

My lad has first option but it all depends on what teams are involved. I'll let you know. Drop me a PM after 02 December. Cat 2 Tickets, not cheap. 

👍

hamburger jambo

Please check your emails ASAP. Just got one from uefa saying i was next in line to buy tickets from those that hadn't been paid for. It's first come first served. I just got got 4 tix for Dortmund on the 25th😃

2 minutes ago, hamburger jambo said:

Please check your emails ASAP. Just got one from uefa saying i was next in line to buy tickets from those that hadn't been paid for. It's first come first served. I just got got 4 tix for Dortmund on the 25th😃

Nothing for me. 

14 minutes ago, hamburger jambo said:

Me too, Berlin games on 21st and 25th June but they are either €150 or €200 per ticket 😟

34 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

Me too, Berlin games on 21st and 25th June but they are either €150 or €200 per ticket 😟

Just bought Berlin as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
periodictabledancer
On 21/11/2023 at 23:48, Sooperstar said:

👍

Hi bud.

I pulled out England v Serbia so those two tickets are going to my lad and I'll be going to Dusseldorf myself instead after all. 

Hope you can get something in the next draw. 

11 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Hi bud.

I pulled out England v Serbia so those two tickets are going to my lad and I'll be going to Dusseldorf myself instead after all. 

Hope you can get something in the next draw. 

Enjoy it!