Germany 2024

FWJ

Sooperstar
On 15/04/2024 at 22:27, 22games nro said:

For anyone planning to get around using trains , we have sorted out this card that gives you 25% off journeys for just under €20, it’s valid for 3 months the thing to be aware of you have to arrange to cancel the recurring payment or it will automatically come off again in another 3 months 

https://int.bahn.de/en/offers/bahncard/trial-bahncard25-2nd-class

There is a ticket you can buy which covers your travel on regional transport for a month which costs €49.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• periodictabledancer

• Sooperstar

• Luckies1874

• Midloth_Iain

Jamos86
11 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

There is a ticket you can buy which covers your travel on regional transport for a month which costs €49.

U got link for this ? Much appreciated. Flying into Nuremberg. Hotel is in regensburg then need to travel to Munich 🍻

GMEdinburgh

Anyone got a spare for the Germany and Switzerland game I'd appreciate a PM. Ta 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
On 27/01/2024 at 04:48, ri Alban said:

A proper tournament with Scotland in it, is going to be fantastic.  I've missed it. 

The last one doesn't count, being during covid and at Hampden. 

Out enjoying the beer and sunshine supporting Scotland,  is hard to beat. Only winning it can come close to winning the Scottish Cup in 1998. Christ,  the last WC Scotland were in. 🍺

Definitely I'm going to the opener in Munich for a week and then will sample some games in beer gardens back home. 

You can't beat it as you say, I've got zero expectations scotland can get out of the group mind you far too long in the tooth and experienced to know that's likely not going to happen given our past record in major tournaments. 

JimmyCant
13 hours ago, GMEdinburgh said:

Anyone got a spare for the Germany and Switzerland game I'd appreciate a PM. Ta 

Optimistic post IMO 🙏

GMEdinburgh
3 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Optimistic post IMO 🙏

😃 more desperate than optimistic, going anyway with or without. 

JimmyCant
3 minutes ago, GMEdinburgh said:

😃 more desperate than optimistic, going anyway with or without. 

You might be able to pick up Switzerland tickets in the exchange if your on the ball, but tickets for Germany, probably no chance unless your willing to reach someone’s price and tempt them 

Diadora Van Basten

Ticket prices for the Euros is mad.

When I watched the England games in the Qatar World Cup it looked like a baby boomers conference as they must be the only people who could afford them.

RustyRightPeg
16 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Ticket prices for the Euros is mad.

When I watched the England games in the Qatar World Cup it looked like a baby boomers conference as they must be the only people who could afford them.

We were £137 each I think for a France game. Considering who we're watching I'm not fussed by it, getting to see Mbappe etc in the flesh is a modern day bucket list item. 

Chambie15

Return flight Edinburgh/Berlin

I have a return flight booked as above for ONE person dates 17-21 June. I booked it before we officially qualified but now cannot use it due to health issues. If anyone can use it - PM me. Bought for £230 - happy to sell for £150 as any buyer will have to pay £200 to change the passenger details 🛫🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇩🇪🇨🇭🛬

boag1874

The Olympic park fanzone for the Germany game is going to be absolutely unbelievable, I do wish I had a ticket for the game but as a next best thing it doesn't get much better!

tiger Rudi

Stuart Armstrong the latest casualty and now serious doubt for Euros. Finding a right back a bigger problem, but door is open for some "new" players to get their seat on the plane. 

Killie's Armstrong must be knocking on said door. 

Can't see one of these already, so thought I would start one.

Please merge if there is one.

Not looking good for a lot of players making it now.

Hickey not looking likely, and with Paterson missing too, not sure who will fill in at RB.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c2lez3l54lwo

Tierney injured now too.

Ferguson confirmed as out and Armstrong not looking likely to make either.

Big decisions to be made regarding who actually makes the squad.  It being increased to 26 should help though, but a few risky decisions ahead.

Midloth_Iain
On 19/04/2024 at 11:11, boag1874 said:

The Olympic park fanzone for the Germany game is going to be absolutely unbelievable, I do wish I had a ticket for the game but as a next best thing it doesn't get much better!

Yep, hoping the weather is great, cracking park ..

Fan Zone Olympic Park

4 hours ago, Midloth_Iain said:

Yep, hoping the weather is great, cracking park ..

Fan Zone Olympic Park

My hotel in Cologne is about 800m from the fan zone there - cannae wait.

On 26/04/2024 at 13:16, briever said:

Listened to Clarke on this:

BBC Radio Scotland - This Sporting Life, Steve Clarke

Talking up Dykes and Adams 🙄

Aye seems pretty straight forward that Shanks is third choice when you listen to that regardless of what he has done and the season they are all having.I get the feeling he will be lucky to get off the bench in games when the tournament starts.

Just now, vegas-voss said:

Aye seems pretty straight forward that Shanks is third choice when you listen to that regardless of what he has done and the season they are all having.I get the feeling he will be lucky to get off the bench in games when the tournament starts.

I think he’ll start the Swiss game after coming off the bench against Germany. We shall see. 

11 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

He'll be lucky to make the squad from the sounds of it.

Edited by briever

15 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

I think he’ll start the Swiss game after coming off the bench against Germany. We shall see. 

You need to listen to https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0hstbb8

His plan from the beginning has always been about continuity - which is why he carries on picking duds from the English championship.  I suspect he will be aware of the furore if he didn't pick Shankland as even the weegie media are aware of him now - but I could equally see a scenario where Clarke doesn't pick him.

30 minutes ago, briever said:

You need to listen to https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0hstbb8

His plan from the beginning has always been about continuity - which is why he carries on picking duds from the English championship.  I suspect he will be aware of the furore if he didn't pick Shankland as even the weegie media are aware of him now - but I could equally see a scenario where Clarke doesn't pick him.

I have listened. Doesn’t alter my opinion at all. 

2 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

McTominay confirming his injury isn't serious and he should be back soon. 

That's a relief, Hickey and Ferguson will be big losses, don't need another 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
On 17/04/2024 at 08:49, Sooperstar said:

On 17/04/2024 at 20:24, Chaka Demus & pliers said:

Two things to note:

This ticket covers travel on all regional and local trains plus all bus tram and metro travel throughout Germany.

Importantly, though, you will need ID , in addition to your ticket, when using i. If you don't have it (e.g. passport, driving licence), they might charge you for another ticket.

Also, to reiterate what has been said before don’t apply for this through the Deutsches Bahn app as it’s almost impossible to get the D pass this way. I recently got mine through the MVV app which is the Munich transport system and it was an easy process. It’s valid for the whole of Germany. 

kingantti1874
21 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

I think he’s just doing to good manager thing and being respectful.

that said i wouldn’t start shanks against Germany, 100% Adams if he is fit with shanks on with 35 to go.  He will start against Hungary imo 

Anyone in Munich from the 12th and have plans on where to head yet? I believe the Olympic Park fanzone doesn’t open till match day the 14th.

I believe Marienplatz will be popular, with stuff set up for the Euros.