Germany 2024

FWJ

That’s me & five mates got flights & accommodation booked for a few days. 
Flying to Amsterdam & then train (did this before for the game in Dortmund in ‘14)

Staying in Düsseldorf (but a refundable rate) since it’s pretty handy for 4/5 host cities.

Fingers crossed the games aren’t all in Munich & Stuttgart..  

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• periodictabledancer

• Sooperstar

• Luckies1874

• Midloth_Iain

Flights booked to Frankfurt on 15th June....decide where to stay when draw is made but Stuttgart, Cologne, Dusseldorf, Dortmund and Gelsenkirchen all within a couple hours by train....hopefully we're not in Munich or Berlin 🤷

alicante jambo

Flights booked to hamburg 40 pound coming home hamburg to gdansk then gdansk to edinburgh. All in 80 quid. Applied for tickets for hamburg and gelsenkirchen hopefully find out in the next week if we have been successfull.

I'll be going, but not booked flights yet. Holding off til the draw is done. Will end up paying a bit more but there are so many routes in and out of Germany that it should still be reasonable. 

Given personal circumstances I can't afford to gamble on going out for the opening date and then Scotland not playing til the 4th or 5th match day.

Group of us have multiple hotels booked with free cancellation in host cities and close by. Will cancel what we don't need when we know where Scotland will be.

Flights to Frankfurt booked - 12th June.

Buying an inclusive rail pass for the 17 days we are there.

Waiting till draw before deciding on bases.

Me and friends booked numerous hostels in different cities. Will book flights when we know where we will be playing and cancel accomodation that's not required. As said lots of ways to get there. 

bigladatthebackpost

I'm going uncharacteristically optimistic and applied for 4 sets of tickets for the first knock out round. Also around the clump of cities in the west. Scotland better make it or its a fortnight of watching Finland v Montenegro for me...

jimmy the jambo

Me and my mates have been booked up since June as we decided it would be a decent trip even if we failed to qualify,staying in Mainz for 5 nights from the 14th June as it’s not too expensive and on the main line from Frankfurt airport and most places are accessible from that line? 

Next weeks ballot will be like Christmas Day if we get lucky,unfortunately it might mean a night away from Mainz and maybe stay in Munich or Berlin,We have a weird feeling we’ll get Germany in the draw as that’s the slap in the puss we seem to get.

Great to see a fair amount of jambos are going too,Hopefully Craig Gordon is in the squad and gives us a wee interest 

Going to get tickets and got to the Scotland games anyway, not booking anything until the draw.

Will try and sneak in a few games between the Scotland games.  

Booked the ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam then driving. Down to the Moselle Vally where have a an Airbnb booked. Have applied for tickets in Frankfurt which is closest ground. 

Like @Bob Loblaw, waiting til the draw is made - might even sacrifice the first game in the vain hope we make it to the holy grail that is the knock out phase... just need to maintain my points (currently 14) through the friendlies at the start of next year and I should be fine.

1 hour ago, Midloth_Iain said:

Flights to Frankfurt booked - 12th June.

Buying an inclusive rail pass for the 17 days we are there.

Waiting till draw before deciding on bases.

hold off on the rail pass as a lot of the trains will be free during the tournament 

Dennis Reynolds

Think we're going to head to Hamburg. Couple of the Pot 2 teams playing there when we go so fingers crossed. If not, ah well, we'll just have to sample the Reeperbahn and head to a fan park.

12 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

Flights booked to hamburg 40 pound coming home hamburg to gdansk then gdansk to edinburgh. All in 80 quid. Applied for tickets for hamburg and gelsenkirchen hopefully find out in the next week if we have been successfull.

You spending any time in Gdańsk at all? Cracking place, one of my favourite cities. 

The airport is a piece of piss to get to now because there's a direct train line to and from the centre. Stops right at the airport front door :thumbsup:

59 minutes ago, Sex Panther said:

Like @Bob Loblaw, waiting til the draw is made - might even sacrifice the first game in the vain hope we make it to the holy grail that is the knock out phase... just need to maintain my points (currently 14) through the friendlies at the start of next year and I should be fine.

Think tickets will be sorted before the friendly games happen. I’ve read 11 and upwards should be good for tickets, 14 will be a shoe in.

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, Peakybunnet said:

Booked the ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam then driving. Down to the Moselle Vally where have a an Airbnb booked. Have applied for tickets in Frankfurt which is closest ground. 

Beautiful drive, enjoy the German scrumpy in Frankfurt.

periodictabledancer

I've applied for top end tickets at all the western cities in the first week. Depending on the outcome, will stay in Aachen or NL and buy a rail pass. 

Only 20 million applications, so fingers crossed. 

13 hours ago, FWJ said:

Flying to Amsterdam & then train (did this before for the game in Dortmund in ‘14)

Staying in Düsseldorf (but a refundable rate) since it’s pretty handy for 4/5 host cities.

5 of us booked so far. Flying to Amsterdam on Saturday 15th then Train to Wuppertal (just outside Dusseldorf) where we have an apartment booked for 8 nights. We've applied for a load of tickets and apparently outcomes might start coming out this afternoon. 

41 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Think we're going to head to Hamburg. Couple of the Pot 2 teams playing there when we go so fingers crossed. If not, ah well, we'll just have to sample the Reeperbahn and head to a fan park.

I don't think C1 for example is necessarily the Pot 1 team in Group C.

1 hour ago, Jamborose said:

hold off on the rail pass as a lot of the trains will be free during the tournament 

I think it's only if you have tickets for games.

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

5 of us booked so far. Flying to Amsterdam on Saturday 15th then Train to Wuppertal (just outside Dusseldorf) where we have an apartment booked for 8 nights. We've applied for a load of tickets and apparently outcomes might start coming out this afternoon. 

Wuppertal, home of the famous Schwebebahn. Great fun.

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/wuppertal-schwebebahn-suspension-railway-germany/index.html

I’m flying to Düsseldorf on the 17th. No return booked yet.

2 hours ago, Jamborose said:

I thought they were only free if you had a match ticket??

8 of us planning on going. 5 have book flights already but I'm holding off to see where we'll be based. There's 10 countries that border Germany so although direct flight to Germany likely to be expensive, can hopefully get cheaper flights somewhere else and train it in.

Would be great if could get a ticket for a scotland game but if not, fan Park would still be good.

I know loads of folk who plan to go over.

alicante jambo
On 07/11/2023 at 09:55, tian447 said:

You spending any time in Gdańsk at all? Cracking place, one of my favourite cities. 

The airport is a piece of piss to get to now because there's a direct train line to and from the centre. Stops right at the airport front door :thumbsup:

Not spending time in gdansk mate just a connecting flight. Regards airport you meaning hamburg? Direct from hamburg airport to hamburg centre?

1 hour ago, alicante jambo said:

Not spending time in gdansk mate just a connecting flight. Regards airport you meaning hamburg? Direct from hamburg airport to hamburg centre?

Nah, I meant Gdańsk.  Direct trains from Gdańsk Główny (Main Train Station) to Gdańsk Port Lotniczy (Airport) and they run every 20 minutes ish.  Takes about half an hour and will cost you just over £1 (5.5zł) :thumbsup:

Shame, because it's a cracking city.  Well worth a visit just on it's own!

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Two of us staying with a mate in the Netherlands, just over the border from Dusseldorf, Dortmund, Gelsenkirchen, and Cologne. Flights to Amsterdam 16th, return 24th.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Munich for 2 nights, quite expensive, train up to Bochum, 15 mins from Dortmund, for half the price, 5 nights there, fly in to Munich and back from Dusseldorf

Lord Beni of Gorgie
On 07/11/2023 at 11:31, Rocky jamboa said:

8 of us planning on going. 5 have book flights already but I'm holding off to see where we'll be based. There's 10 countries that border Germany so although direct flight to Germany likely to be expensive, can hopefully get cheaper flights somewhere else and train it in.

Would be great if could get a ticket for a scotland game but if not, fan Park would still be good.

I know loads of folk who plan to go over.

Same for us, in the draw for games Munchen, Dortmund, Dusseldorf, be happy to get anything or just hit the fan zones, Newcastle looked as if they had fun in Dortmund yesterday, very well received

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Nah, I meant Gdańsk.  Direct trains from Gdańsk Główny (Main Train Station) to Gdańsk Port Lotniczy (Airport) and they run every 20 minutes ish.  Takes about half an hour and will cost you just over £1 (5.5zł) :thumbsup:

Shame, because it's a cracking city.  Well worth a visit just on it's own!

Heading there in April for a stag do, probably be in Sopot for most of the time.

As far as Germany goes, got a campervan booked from Berlin for 2 weeks, finger's crossed for tickets this week but not a deal-breaker.

57 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Great to see so many can make Germany.

Shame some couldn't make glasgow at the weekend. 

Pretty sure there won't be as many Hearts supporters in Germany than were in Glasgow at the weekend.

Six of us going for a week. Refundable hotels booked in Düsseldorf, Berlin and Hamburg. Will decide on a base and will book travel once the draws made and once we find out if we get any tickets. 

22 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

Heading there in April for a stag do, probably be in Sopot for most of the time.

As far as Germany goes, got a campervan booked from Berlin for 2 weeks, finger's crossed for tickets this week but not a deal-breaker.

Sopot is a nice place as well.  Don't ever go in January because it's ****ing freezing (you could say, it's Baltic :lol: ).  Not too much to do once you've been there a day or two, but you're 15 minutes from Gdańsk and 10 minutes from Gdynia on the train, so easy enough to go out for beers somewhere more built up.

Easy to get the train to Sopot from the airport as well.  You can either get the train to Gdynia Główna, get the connection going back toward Gdańsk Główny and get off at Sopot, or get the one to Gdańsk Główny, get off at Gdańsk Wrzeszcz (have fun pronouncing that one) and then connecting to the one heading to Gdynia
Główna and get off at Sopot.

I need a holiday back to Poland, ****ing love the place :thumbsup: 

1 hour ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Don’t blame folk.

One of those is responsible for some of the most horrible atrocities of the 20th century. 

The other is a country in Central Europe. 

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Sopot is a nice place as well.  Don't ever go in January because it's ****ing freezing (you could say, it's Baltic :lol: ).  Not too much to do once you've been there a day or two, but you're 15 minutes from Gdańsk and 10 minutes from Gdynia on the train, so easy enough to go out for beers somewhere more built up.

Easy to get the train to Sopot from the airport as well.  You can either get the train to Gdynia Główna, get the connection going back toward Gdańsk Główny and get off at Sopot, or get the one to Gdańsk Główny, get off at Gdańsk Wrzeszcz (have fun pronouncing that one) and then connecting to the one heading to Gdynia
Główna and get off at Sopot.

I need a holiday back to Poland, ****ing love the place :thumbsup: 

I've been before as well, love the place. Ubers are cheap as chips and very reliable over there.

30 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Applied for €4000 worth of tickets, including semis & final I’ll be bankrupt if I get them all. C’est la Vie. 

I've applied for a few too (not as much as you) and notice that you have to take them all or none. 

The Deutschland Ticket is worth checking out as you can purchase it for one month for €49, just remember to cancel as it’s a DD. This gives you unlimited travel on most trains (but not the ICE) and local public transport throughout Germany. 
It may well be that you will get free travel with your match ticket but that will be on the day of the game if it operates in the same way as for Bundesliga games. 
Just type Deutschland Ticket in your browser and go to the Deutsches Bahn (DB) site for full info. There is an English version.

3 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Gutted I made it at the weekend to be honest. 

On 06/11/2023 at 20:38, FWJ said:

Me and the laddie going with about 30 others think Cologne is the preferred option 

Had wanted to hire a camper van if Rosyth open up the Zebruge line again,  then it's a 2 hour drive but looking unlikely now 

Booking.com can't book anywhere in Germany with free cancellation either 

Graeme Russell

4 of us booked for a fortnight in Düsseldorf flying from Edinburgh on 13th June.

Hopefully get lucky with tickets, if not,sure the wives will think of something.

On a negative note we were informed that Düsseldorf authorities are implementing a 

3 euro a night per person charge. One less beer for the ladies I guess lol

Remnants of Standards

Booked in for first ten days in dusseldorf and wuppertal. Never been to an international tournament before and had booked before Scotland made it. Fingers crossed I get a ticket for at least 1 game; that would make the trip complete.

ginger jambo98

12 of us took a deal for £620 each. That’s flights, luggage, transfers and a week in a decent hotel in Berlin from Sunday 16/6 - 23/6. Only wee issue is Berlin’s not great for travelling to the likes of Frankfurt, Munich etc but okay for leipzig and Hamburg. Just got to see where all the games are now.

alicante jambo
9 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Me and the laddie going with about 30 others think Cologne is the preferred option 

Had wanted to hire a camper van if Rosyth open up the Zebruge line again,  then it's a 2 hour drive but looking unlikely now 

Booking.com can't book anywhere in Germany with free cancellation either 

If its any good try air bnb. I booked up a place tonight with free cancelation up till 8th june.