• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Deviskan

• Hearts007

• ...andFulton'sBaggio

Been said before a million times, but with our wages some 2/3 x more than Motherwell's then anything other than a win is simply not acceptable and Naismith should be sacked. Motherwell will scrap for their lives and in turn so should we.

The slogan 'Blood doesn't show on a maroon jersey' has long gone from mind and I demand it be back from the top (boardroom) down.

HHGH

If we get the same halfarsed gutless effort from the players that we've seen too much of this season, then it will be an obvious indicator that the players are throwing Naisy under a bus. 

Anyone driving through for this who has space and wants company? Can’t be bothered with a near two hour train journey, only needing one way as aim off to Glasgow after the game, cheers! 

Gordon

Kingsley Kent Rowles

Forrest Cam Newy Cochrane

Boyce

Vargas/Oda Shanks

I think!  Dont like Boyce and Shanks up top, but Vargas or Oda (ultimately Tagawa hopefully) doing the spearhead work with Shanks showing from the CHs and Boyce looking for gaps between the lines would work in theory.  I think we need to go through with a bit of steel in our team too and Boyce will bring that - he'll get stuck in from minute one and demand his teammates do similar - moreso than Grant or Lowry will.  It leaves us a pretty strong bench for the first time in a while - Lowry, Grant, Oda/Vargas and hopefully Tagawa all available.

Gordon in the sticks, but that's a definite "if he's ready".  There may have been a decision to make on how to reintroduce him even when ready, but I think that debate is done - get him back in.

Ricardo Quaresma

Seems Devlin is getting less game time because Beni and Nieuwenhof are still obviously short of fitness

I don't buy any reason like Devlin's likely to get a booking, or anything else

He showed he can go a good while without being booked, after the Motherwell game

Ricardo Quaresma
12 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Love 3 points.....

Genuinely dont believe that's possible

1 point in the last 7 games and the sheep went 0-4 ahead of them in front of their own fans

We should be getting 2 or 3 despite any effort from them

Gordon

Kingsley

Kent

Rowles

Forrest

Beni

Devlin

Cochrane

Oda

Boyce 

Vargas 

Is what I’d like to see. Plenty pace and in my opinion, Boyce deserves a start over Shanks 

I'd take any win for us. We seem to be a bit better away from home this season that's my only slight glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel for me. 

Ex member of the SaS

Been saying for a while now, People say we can't compete with the bigots finances, well the likes of Motherwell shouldn't be able to compete with us due to our finances.

We have large amounts of cash flowing in from a number of sources and we should be spending it on the first team.

Always want a win and will be massively disappointed with anything less. People saying we have a poor record at Fir park, well history has nothing to do with it. Every games is an individual entity.

23 minutes ago, Jamb04life said:

Gordon

Kingsley

Kent

Rowles

Forrest

Beni

Devlin

Cochrane

Oda

Boyce 

Vargas 

Is what I’d like to see. Plenty pace and in my opinion, Boyce deserves a start over Shanks 

Absolute insanity not to start Shankland. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

All entitled to an opinion which I respect

I feel he’s been poor more often than good this season. I reckon if he wasn’t captain, he’d have been dropped well before now. He’s a goal scorer, there’s no doubt about it but if he hasn’t scored he often fails to make a meaningful contribution. (I get goals can win games)

IMO Boyce is a better focal point, can win flick ons, hold the ball up better and is more creative/finds space. With Vargas/Oda running off him, I think this would be effective. I think he deserves a chance. 
I’ve said it before on here, I feel Shanks is immune from criticism from some folk. He still doesn’t look as fit as he was last season  

Ricardo Quaresma
43 minutes ago, Jamb04life said:

Gordon

Kingsley

Kent

Rowles

Forrest

Beni

Devlin

Cochrane

Oda

Boyce 

Vargas 

I'd be amazed and quite happy with that line-up

Ricardo Quaresma
20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Could get a response, like his Hat-Trick against mhanks

22 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Indeed, why the hell would you start Boyce…a guy that struggles to score, over the main goalscorer in our team.

Boyce is a poor man’s Shankland…and is one of a number of players that needs removed from the club if we’re to progress.

Edited by Deviskan

5 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Gordon

Kingsley Kent Rowles

Forrest Cam Newy Cochrane

Boyce

Vargas/Oda Shanks

I think!  Dont like Boyce and Shanks up top, but Vargas or Oda (ultimately Tagawa hopefully) doing the spearhead work with Shanks showing from the CHs and Boyce looking for gaps between the lines would work in theory.  I think we need to go through with a bit of steel in our team too and Boyce will bring that - he'll get stuck in from minute one and demand his teammates do similar - moreso than Grant or Lowry will.  It leaves us a pretty strong bench for the first time in a while - Lowry, Grant, Oda/Vargas and hopefully Tagawa all available.

Gordon in the sticks, but that's a definite "if he's ready".  There may have been a decision to make on how to reintroduce him even when ready, but I think that debate is done - get him back in.

I like that team, but I would go for Grant ahead of Boyce - I think Boyce slows play down too much, he's more likely to be impactful from the bench. 

Like the idea of pairing Vargas or Oda with Shanks, I think we've missed Gino's movement and ability to stretch the game. 

2 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Indeed, why the hell would you start Boyce…a guy that struggles to score, over the main goalscorer in our team.

Boyce is a poor man’s Shankland…and is one of a number of players that needs removed from the club if we’re to progress.

Another terrible decision to extend his contract. 

Extension agreed while he out injured after a run of terrible form 

4 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Another terrible decision to extend his contract. 

Extension agreed while he out injured after a run of terrible form 

At this stage, I’d honestly not be surprised to see Boyce, Halliday, Haring, Forrest, and Sibbick get extensions again.

Ricardo Quaresma
10 minutes ago, OTT said:

I like that team, but I would go for Grant ahead of Boyce - I think Boyce slows play down too much, he's more likely to be impactful from the bench. 

Like the idea of pairing Vargas or Oda with Shanks, I think we've missed Gino's movement and ability to stretch the game

We haven't half missed that, absolutely

The Gino shaped hole

2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

We haven't half missed that, absolutely

The Gino shaped hole

Hopefully Tagawa gets up to speed soon…a forward line of Vargas, Tagawa, Oda would be fairly pacey…with Shankland playing behind Tagawa.

Edited by Deviskan

10 minutes ago, OTT said:

Like the idea of pairing Vargas or Oda with Shanks, I think we've missed Gino's movement and ability to stretch the game. 

Yeah I had hoped we'd be a 442/424 team this season, but in truth the players we have at the moment add up to this 3412 type thingy.

Yeah don't disagree on Grant (or Lowry maybe) but I just think Boycie will give us some nuts - win the battle then add the flair kinda thing.... not against either approach tho

Ricardo Quaresma
9 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Hopefully Tagawa gets up to speed soon…a forward line of Vargas, Tagawa, Oda would be fairly pacey…with Shankland playing behind Tagawa.

Absolutely, I don't think he'll start Oda unless he's solid; he gets a lot of challenges running at pace and the last time he was supposed to be on for a half / 60 minutes, he got injured and a lengthy lay-off, that he's just back from

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
get's > gets, tsk tsk

Ricardo Quaresma

Grant would absolutely help his cause with a goal; not just a goal, but smash it in

What were they called? A raker? :lol:

Yes, an emphatic finish

Still say he should be practising long shots, as well as others in the team; Forrest's against the wee team is our best goal this Season

40 minutes ago, Jamb04life said:

All entitled to an opinion which I respect

I feel he’s been poor more often than good this season. I reckon if he wasn’t captain, he’d have been dropped well before now. He’s a goal scorer, there’s no doubt about it but if he hasn’t scored he often fails to make a meaningful contribution. (I get goals can win games)

IMO Boyce is a better focal point, can win flick ons, hold the ball up better and is more creative/finds space. With Vargas/Oda running off him, I think this would be effective. I think he deserves a chance. 
I’ve said it before on here, I feel Shanks is immune from criticism from some folk. He still doesn’t look as fit as he was last season  

Apologies for the abrupt answer before. Regardless of Boyce’s good points (and there are many), Shankland is the only reliable goalscorer we have. That’s the counter argument really. 

Ricardo Quaresma
11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Apologies for the abrupt answer before. Regardless of Boyce’s good points (and there are many), Shankland is the only reliable goalscorer we have. That’s the counter argument really. 

Sorry to butt in, but there is also the question of the armband if he does start from the bench

Not at all sure Naismith would start him from the bench, too

Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Sorry to butt in, but there is also the question of the armband if he does start from the bench

Not at all sure Naismith would start him from the bench, too

You’re not butting in 👍. Yeah, hadn’t thought of that. Who would get it? Boyce I’d guess. 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

You’re not butting in 👍. Yeah, hadn’t thought of that. Who would get it? Boyce I’d guess. 

Boyce or maybe Kent; zander has had the armband before, I think, once

15 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Boyce or maybe Kent; zander has had the armband before, I think, once

That was kind of my point; is it because he’s captain that has made him undroppable 

I feel Boyce is an intelligent player, always to find extra space and uses his body well. He defo has a place in this squad 

Ricardo Quaresma
5 minutes ago, Jamb04life said:

That was kind of my point; is it because he’s captain that has made him undroppable 

I feel Boyce is an intelligent player, always to find extra space and uses his body well. He defo has a place in this squad 

Who do you want as Captain in this scenario?

Who do you think would be chosen?

6 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Who do you want as Captain in this scenario?

Who do you think would be chosen?

Kingsley or Kent would be good options. Kent obviously only new in and Kingsley injury prone…

Don’t think any of us saw Shanks as captain when RN appointed him. Was just unfortunate that Gordon and Halkett have been injured at the same time 

Suppose it poses another question - do we lack leaders..? 

Ricardo Quaresma
26 minutes ago, Jamb04life said:

Kingsley or Kent would be good options. Kent obviously only new in and Kingsley injury prone…

Don’t think any of us saw Shanks as captain when RN appointed him. Was just unfortunate that Gordon and Halkett have been injured at the same time 

Suppose it poses another question - do we lack leaders..? 

I think Kingsley is a good shout, don't know how he'd feel about it; some may feel it's too soon for Kent and what about when Halkett comes back, can't be far away

Edit:

Would probably choose Kent for this game

-

3 hours ago, Jamb04life said:

Gordon

Kingsley

Kent

Rowles

Forrest

Beni

Devlin

Cochrane

Oda

Boyce 

Vargas 

Neither covered themselves in glory on Sunday, but then who did.  Shankland is more likely to score than Boyce.  How about young Kirk who is getting rave reviews?  Time for some of the youngsters who can't be any worse than the current inmates?

45 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Neither covered themselves in glory on Sunday, but then who did.  Shankland is more likely to score than Boyce.  How about young Kirk who is getting rave reviews?  Time for some of the youngsters who can't be any worse than the current inmates?

Absolutely agree. Tait, Kirk, Wilson, (albeit only 16) Sandilands and McLuckie all meant to be decent prospects yet only Denholm has got a sniff. Some would argue putting them into an underperforming team/negative atmosphere wouldn’t be a good idea. Other teams like Motherwell - look at the laddie Miller, seem to be a lot more successful at bringing through their youth players. Topic probably worthy of another thread at some point 

5 minutes ago, Jamb04life said:

Absolutely agree. Tait, Kirk, Wilson, (albeit only 16) Sandilands and McLuckie all meant to be decent prospects yet only Denholm has got a sniff. Some would argue putting them into an underperforming team/negative atmosphere wouldn’t be a good idea. Other teams like Motherwell - look at the laddie Miller, seem to be a lot more successful at bringing through their youth players. Topic probably worthy of another thread at some point 

I've seen alot more from McLuckie this season than Oda and Vargas combined, albeit at different levels. No doubt he has talent and build to play for the first team.

Like the broken record I am, I'm making the case for 4-3-3! 

Clark

Sibbick (or maybe Kingsley)

Kent

Rowles

Cochrane

Beni

Devlin

Nieuwenhof

Oda

Shankland

Vargas

Extra body in midfield and let the wide forwards play as forwards.

55 minutes ago, Pingu said:

Clark

Kent

Rowles

Cochrane

Beni

Devlin

Nieuwenhof

Oda

Shankland

Vargas

Not Sibbick. Ever. 

Ricardo Quaresma
37 minutes ago, Gordon_1874 said:

Motherwell in terrible form at the moment. You know what's coming..... 1-0 Motherwell 

We really should beat them

Absolute freefall; don't ******* sack him yet please 🙏

-

53 minutes ago, Gordon_1874 said:

Motherwell in terrible form at the moment. You know what's coming..... 1-0 Motherwell 

This is how I see it, unfortunately! 

The match will be a battle, not sure we're up to it, tbh

Hope tae #### I'm wrong...

1 hour ago, Pingu said:

Clark

Kent

Rowles

Cochrane

Beni

Devlin

Nieuwenhof

Oda

Shankland

Vargas

If we are playing a back 4 it should be Kingsley at left back imo. 

33 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If we are playing a back 4 it should be Kingsley at left back imo. 

Until we have a replacement right back it has to be Kingsley. Pity we got rid of Smith.