*** Official Motherwell Vs Heart of Midlothian Match Thread ***

Ricardo Quaresma

6 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Yeah I would have had youngsters on in place of Halliday and Sibbick, both are as good as no good and if none of our youngsters are an upgrade on them pair them we really are in trouble with youth development.

Our youth development has been awful for years despite Levein doing a “wonderful job at our Academy” according to some!

Apart from Hickey, who came from the Celtic youth set up, we haven’t produced one player from our Academy that have established themselves in the first team, or made the Club decent transfer money!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Deviskan

• Hearts007

• ...andFulton'sBaggio

I try to avoid moaning about the starting lineup before the game even starts but if we're playing the same formation we have been playing lately then that is a horrible lineup. Kingsley stuck on the right again, lightweight in midfield, and slow up front. 

I'll get the HP sauce out. Make me eat my words please Hearts.

Edited by No Idle Talk

alicante jambo
2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

That starting 11 is walking football.

Aken and boyce and shankland just doesnt do it. Fingers crossed though massive game for all concerned.

18 minutes ago, Australis said:

Hope there is a plan b, if we lose another early goal.

Come on the JTs, surprise us, away from home for a change.

Do we have a plan A? 🫤

Just now, Diadora Van Basten said:

A lot of pressure on Lowry to create something today. Motherwell will probably play five at the back so we need to get the ball to Shanks and Boyce from close in.

Sorry but I think Lowry is a bit flash in the pan. Apart from a good goal against Killie and a decent first half against Hibs, he has done nothing. His performances against Celtic and Livy were just awful.

Zero pace.

That line up is nothing to get excited about at all.

Hope the lads prove me wrong but I just can't see it.

alicante jambo

The fact haring and halliday are on that bench does not say much for the lads trying to push into the 1st team squad. They 2 are fecking finished have been for ages.

alicante jambo
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Sorry but I think Lowry is a bit flash in the pan. Apart from a good goal against Killie and a decent first half against Hibs, he has done nothing. His performances against Celtic and Livy were just awful.

Some of his corners are utter pish but he excites me when hes running at players one of the very few in our team with any skill.

Ricardo Quaresma
37 minutes ago, longmalx said:

Clearly sitting tight and putting on pace as opposition tire. Only Vargas of those mention warrants even consideration for a starting spot.

Would have preferred Grant to Boyce personally. I just don’t like the Boyce / Shankland combo.

Think Grant will come on for boyce

1 minute ago, alicante jambo said:

Some of his corners are utter pish but he excites me when hes running at players one of the very few in our team with any skill.

Yeah the only one that can create out of nothing. Has some poor moments but still more than capable of being the difference.

alicante jambo
Just now, PapaShango said:

Yeah the only one that can create out of nothing. Has some poor moments but still more than capable of being the difference.

Thats how i see it papa. Maybe just needs a run of games to get his confidence up. Boys got it we just need to see it more often.

I’m glad to see Boyce back. He’s probably our most intelligent outfield player and is the one player (with Shankland) I think that the opposition fears so he frees up space for others. He’s be in my starting 11 every day of the week

9 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

A lot of pressure on Lowry to create something today. Motherwell will probably play five at the back so we need to get the ball to Shanks and Boyce from close in.

certainly a player capable of making a difference. Not sure there is much pressure on him at all to be honest, at the end of the season he’ll just scurry back to Rangers.

GorgieFifeLife
41 minutes ago, longmalx said:

Clear he’s realised Devlin only brings something to the table against better teams at last.

Devlin is finished here as long as Naismith is manager.  

Ricardo Quaresma
41 minutes ago, Australis said:

Hope there is a plan b, if we lose another early goal.

Come on the JTs, surprise us, away from home for a change.

Haven't we scored first in the last 4 Away  games in a row? 😆

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

alicante jambo
Just now, GorgieFifeLife said:

Theres much more  i would like to see go before him. The only one who goes in for a 50/50 doesnt come out limping or holding his foot.

alicante jambo
Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Haven't we scored f first in the last 4 Away  games in a row? 😆

-

It will change today. 3 points coming back to gorgie.

GorgieFifeLife
26 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

this is a real worry. Tombola seems the right word. Hopefully it clicks today. Devlin appears to be SN’s scapegoat 

He is simply not good enough.  One of the few decisions Naismith is getting correct at the moment.

5 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I’m glad to see Boyce back. He’s probably our most intelligent outfield player and is the one player (with Shankland) I think that the opposition fears so he frees up space for others. He’s be in my starting 11 every day of the week

You said the exact same rubbish the last time Boyce started…how did that work out again?

4 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Well he won't be unduly concerned about his shorter term future then. 

GorgieFifeLife
4 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Why?

He doesn’t trust him in any type of game.  He surrenders possession and constantly puts the team under pressure.

Ricardo Quaresma
13 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Our Plan A is so poor, we should maybe start with Plan B.

That's correct, we are, sort of, starting with plan B

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

GorgieFifeLife
6 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Theres much more  i would like to see go before him. The only one who goes in for a 50/50 doesnt come out limping or holding his foot.

There’s a lot more to bring an effective midfielder than that and he doesn’t have the rest in his locker.

15 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Bags of skill but lazy and drifts out the game!

19 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I try to avoid moaning about the starting lineup before the game even starts but if we're playing the same formation we have been playing lately then that is a horrible lineup. Kingsley stuck on the right again, lightweight in midfield, and slow up front. 

I'll get the HP sauce out. Make me eat my words please Hearts.

I definitely agree about Kingsley on the right, wasted there.  I think we try to shoehorn Kingsley, Cochrane and Rowles into the same line up.  When there’s really only room for two of them.  Hopefully Kingsley will be middle of back 3 and Kent on right

alicante jambo
1 minute ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

There’s a lot more to bring an effective midfielder than that and he doesn’t have the rest in his locker.

I agree 100% with you my point was hes a fighter theres others in our team that are not.

GorgieFifeLife
5 minutes ago, RENE said:

When has Beni done to be in before Cammy? He continually gets caught on the ball and passes backwards more often than not.

Beni is feeling his way back into it after a long lay off.  Even in his current form he is well ahead of Devlin.

Ricardo Quaresma
11 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

certainly a player capable of making a difference. Not sure there is much pressure on him at all to be honest, at the end of the season he’ll just scurry back to Rangers.

Then maybe rangers release him; he's got to start finding more successful passes; they don't have to be fancy passes all the time

highlandjambo3
17 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Think Grant will come on for boyce

Yes……after 15 minutes when Boyce is breathing out his hoop

lost in space
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Yay! Back to 2am kick offs and Robert Borrhwick co-commentating. Why do I do this to myself?

I have a COMPLAINT!! Where have your player ratings been recently??  I dont usually agree with them but it makes for a good argument. 

Ricardo Quaresma
11 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

It will change today. 3 points coming back to gorgie.

Us scoring first will change? Nah! 😆