• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Deviskan

• Hearts007

• ...andFulton'sBaggio

12 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Agree we need 3 for a better attack and it's the choice between Grant and Lowry, who'll probably share a half each or so, unless we are playing without an AM, or maybe they play LW, which Lowry is more natural

I ****ing hate when we play them as wingers - why do we insist on sticking every creative player out wide? Leaves us nothing in the middle going forward 

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, boag1874 said:

I ****ing hate when we play them as wingers - why do we insist on sticking every creative player out wide? Leaves us nothing in the middle going forward 

I don't like it either, it's never by choice though, necessity

We should have Vargas, obviously, for that, on Saturday, with Tagawa returning for last 20 minutes

20 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

We had him, Kent, Rowles and Cochrane. Nobody else played at the back 

We played a back 3. Kingsley was on the right of the 3. Forrest and Cochrane were wingbacks. 

7 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I think you're right that they were shifting around on that side and Kingsley was switching in and out of RWB as Forrest made darting runs 👍

Livingston offered so little that Kingsley was able to push on without any fear of being caught. 

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, Scott Leitch said:

Livingston offered so little that Kingsley was able to push on without any fear of being caught. 

That's what I saw 👍

18Jambo_dave74

I'd definitely be up for playing Kingsley at right back for now as I've absolutely no interest in watching Sibbick play for Hearts any longer. 

Motherwell haven't won in their last 7 matches (losing 6 of them), since they won at Tynecastle. They also have a midweek game so we will be the fresher side. I think we can all guess the outcome on Saturday. 

35 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

I'd definitely be up for playing Kingsley at right back for now as I've absolutely no interest in watching Sibbick play for Hearts any longer. 

Said exactly the same in the car coming home yesterday. Fed up watching him prance about and get taken to the cleaners all game. Hopeless whether he plays CB, RB of DM. He's just a poor footballer that offers nothing other than mistakes in big moments. 

1 hour ago, boag1874 said:

Unless we go with a 4-3-3 & use 2 of Vargas/Oda/Forrest to provide width & pace either side of Shanks, best of both worlds

I’d like to see us set up like that but we don’t seem to. Maybe we will and it’s just been a case of a lot of our wide players have been injured. 

33 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’d like to see us set up like that but we don’t seem to. Maybe we will and it’s just been a case of a lot of our wide players have been injured. 

I think it'd suit us best, gives us the most balance & gives us pace up top via the wide men, a mix of energy, bite & creativity in the middle while we should always have a man spare (likely Beni) to protect the back 4 on the counter or to help us retain possession by keeping in space to receive a pass back.

Followed Hears long enough to know what will happen here. Outfought, outrun and another insipid display. All these reasons that I am not wasting my time and money going. 

One thing about Motherwell they will always battle away and get right in our faces, I'm not hopeful we have the stomach for the fight currently but I hope I'm wrong, 1-1....HHGH!!.

7 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Motherwell in a dreadful run of form, can’t buy a result.  Got home win all over it!

Yep.

I’m going for 2-1 hearts. We’ve been shit against the old firm for ages and other than those games we’ve played ok since the last international break. 

23 hours ago, Eddiepolio3 said:

Must win game or that's the experiment over. Hopefully have lowry back. 2 nil Hearts

Lowry? He a flashy luxury player who is basically a passenger!

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Motherwell going through tough patch just now , Hearts coming to town ! What could go wrong 

Yup we started off their winning run last season!

rudi must stay
Just now, Thomaso said:

Lowry? He a flashy luxury player who is basically a passenger!

Far from it. He is one of the best players in the squad

Ricardo Quaresma
7 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Unless we go with a 4-3-3 & use 2 of Vargas/Oda/Forrest to provide width & pace either side of Shanks, best of both worlds

I like that in general

Which players would you fill that with?

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Far from it. He is one of the best players in the squad

He’s all flash! One good goal against Killie and inspired an og against Hibs! His performance against Celtic was an absolute shocker and his showing against Livy was no better. I would far rather young Kirk was given a chance.

On 05/11/2023 at 17:48, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Hopefully got Offiah back for this one, I would go with:

Clark

Kent Rowles Kingsley

Offiah                         Cochrane

Devlin Nieuwenhof

Forrest                        Vargas

Shankland (C)

To start with, bring on Beni and Oda later; don't expect Gordon to be back, but if he was on the bench, that'd be fantastic

Forrest why ?

Oda is ten times the player 

40 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m going for 2-1 hearts. We’ve been shit against the old firm for ages and other than those games we’ve played ok since the last international break. 

Yep, will be unbeaten by non-OF for last 7 weeks come Saturday.  

Ricardo Quaresma
5 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Don't forget the pitch and the weather. 

It's been a great surface since the 0-3 win over them last season and some of their fans claim it's a hybrid, but I've never checked that

Bazzas right boot

This feels like a Turning point type game.

Win, and we are looking ok, get beat and it really is a shite start to the season.

Ricardo Quaresma
6 minutes ago, mr fox said:

Forrest why ?

Oda is ten times the player 

Oda will likely finish the game, I think

Maybe, maybe not

Hard to believe they’ve picked up only one point since they totally outplayed us at the start of September.

2-0 home win.

Goes against all I am as a hearts fan but for the greater good and an inevitable sacking, I'd take a loss right now. Change is needed now in order to get back on track for 3rd place

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

McGovern

Forrester

Kent

Rowles

Kingsley

Nieuwenhof

Baningime

Devlin

Forrest

Shankland

Vargas

Yes I like a 4-3-3 with 3 ball winners as long as we talk that is a good team. 

If Naismith wants to prove he can handle the job then this is the sort of game we absolutely have to win. A team who are in a bit of free fall at the minute. With the run of fixtures we have in December we really could do with taking the 6 points from the rest of November 

Walter Bishop

I like to see a much more direct style of play. The most exciting moment at Hampden on Sunday was a long ball over the top that Vargas chased Balogun down into the corner and won us a throw in. He has loads of pace, time to use it! The tippy tappy cross and back bullshit needs to stop, so many players are over coached and encouraged to pass side to side these days to the extent they must be demented. 

Long balls to Shankland with Vargas running off him will do for me this weekend. 

If there's any supporters buses from Edinburgh with a spare seat I'll take one.   I'm guessing some might take a break from this match.   

I can't be arsed getting a train. 

12 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Im picturing a turtle peeking over a trench in Flanders