*** Official Motherwell Vs Heart of Midlothian Match Thread ***

Ricardo Quaresma

7 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Got to give something for that whether inside or outside the box. It may just have been the latter but how can the ref not see a foul? 

The white boot against the white shirt makes it such a difficult decision. It is in the box, the contact is in the box.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Deviskan

• Hearts007

• ...andFulton'sBaggio

Just now, H2 said:

The white boot against the white shirt makes it such a difficult decision. It is in the box, the contact is in the box.

The way I see it, whether he makes contact or not it's a high boot, showing studs, and that's a foul anywhere on the pitch.

9 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

The way I see it, whether he makes contact or not it's a high boot, showing studs, and that's a foul anywhere on the pitch.

Correct, and a red card for serious dangerous play.

Seen a Celtic fan on Facebook criticising the fact that Hearts didn't sell out the full stand at Motherwell yesterday.

Not gonna lie, I'm fairly easily triggered when OF fans slag my team.

Honest question. If Celtic hadn't won the league for 63 YEARS and were sitting mid table, would they sell out that stand at Motherwell? WOULD THEY ****.

I really hate these bar stewards. They are so arrogant and lacking in self awareness it is frightening. If they walked a couple of seasons in our shoes their fans would disappear like snow off a dyke!

3 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Seen a Celtic fan on Facebook criticising the fact that Hearts didn't sell out the full stand at Motherwell yesterday.

Honest question. If Celtic hadn't won the league for 63 YEARS and were sitting mid table, would they sell out that stand at Motherwell? WOULD THEY ****.

I really hate these bar stewards. They are so arrogant and lacking in self awareness it is frightening. If they walked a couple of seasons in our shoes their fans would disappear like snow off a dyke!

Ask them about their huge crowds pre Fergus McCann.

3 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Add the fact any away game is like a home game for half the glory hunting *****. 

pettigrewsstylist
8 hours ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

It is, dems da rules, as i understand them.

I think the whole team deserve a lot of credit for that . Should have been a bigger margin too as decisions went against us . Motherwell are shite as well . Team full of cloggers 

Well done Naismith and the team . Good away win at a ground we do not have a great history at as best I can remember

5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

after Munro checks var he makes a motion as if he got the ball 🤷 

Think that was for the drop ball. Which still makes no sense. But he saw Boyce holding his face which he did to start with.

According to Clive Lindsay of the BBC our first goal shouldn't have stood.

"Shankland made the difference, however, when he showed his predatory skills with a little flick to divert a Jorge Grant header into the far corner."

Naughty Jorge sneaking on to head the ball back across goal. Should be a yellow for entering the pitch without the referee's permission.

And that's not the only curious thing about that roaster's match report.

section s heart

Just watched highlights. They had a free kick deep in injury time, and our high line was about the edge of the box. Good ball in and 4 Motherwell players came through our line, fortunately none made contact. Bugbear of mine, we have to be sharper and more aggressive defending these balls.

31 minutes ago, section s heart said:

Just watched highlights. They had a free kick deep in injury time, and our high line was about the edge of the box. Good ball in and 4 Motherwell players came through our line, fortunately none made contact. Bugbear of mine, we have to be sharper and more aggressive defending these balls.

We seem to do that a lot. I remember we did it at Livvy few seasons back and they scored.  We get caught out a a lot with not tracking attackers.

58 minutes ago, section s heart said:

That was one of our favourite goals to concede last season. I'd say we've been a bit better at defending those this season. 

Lambert Simnel
2 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Those 2 penalty decisions are absolutely shocking 😮 

Agreed. They looked bad during the game, and look bizarre and bad on the highlights. Why didn't VAR call the ref over to look at the Shankland one, I wonder?

The one on Boyce looks a penalty all the way. I think the Shankland one was given as a foul by Boyce before the ball reached him

Edited by maroonsgotop

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

We should've had two pens. 

The Shankland one is just an obvious pk, it was a pk in real time as well.

Not a difficult decision.

No idea how VAR on the review also decided it was OK.

Baffling 

Just watched MOTD2.

Brighton v Sheffield United..

2 decisions... 

First a handball (not given).. ball travels (according to Shearer) a good 6-8 yards, the players elbow is up, not tucked in & hits off the elbow... VAR says no penalty. OK penalty yesterday was a penalty according to letter of the law... But not for Brighton in this case where intent could be interpreted..

Second, a foul in centre circle, rightly given given and a straight red.. yet in our game Boyce takes a very high boot in the chest (force, level of contact nothing to do with it, his boots too high and dangerous). Nothing...

Aren't officials trained to the same level of standards?..

I'm amazed we've not been treated to the Hearts/Hibs/Rangers/Celtic post-match photo of the damaged Motherwell seats.  There were damaged seats, 100% down to them being unbelievably unsafe and not fit for purpose.