• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Morgan

• pettigrewsstylist

• Gizmo

11 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

We are utter pish mate. Prague were better than them but absolutely miles better than us. We would have got a doing if it was us playing prague. Not 1 of our players would get anywhere near that sevco team hence why we will get pished all over tomorrow. We have more than half a team that needs replaced and a manager that has not a clue. If we even get a draw it will be a fecking miracle.

This.

pettigrewsstylist
13 hours ago, Jambo61 said:

All fine but what happens when we tire after 5 minutes?

Hopefully worked hard and only conceded 1 by that stage.

pettigrewsstylist
17 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

We are back at the point where we no longer look forward to a game...well done hearts

Criminal at 15.5k season tickets and a lengthy waiting list not too long ago. 

Think it'll be same sort of game as last week v smeltic, soulless performance and similar amount of goals conceded... hope I'm wrong, but I just cannny see it, unfortunately 😕 

20 hours ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Same here. I'm not ruining a weekend twice in a row for my 14 Yr old daughter.  I'm spending the day in with her watching old Basil Rathbone  sherlock homes movies 🎬  with a 🍺.  She's obsessed with them🙂. I'll be pissed by the time I watch the highlights as I'll have avoided the score. 😬

Where do you watch highlights ?

Selkirkhmfc1874
12 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

We don’t do 1st whistle’s I’m afraid, A awful drubbing coming today 

Fearing the worst, hoping for the best buddy ! Heading through so hopefully at the very least we put up a fight and don't roll over

William H. Bonney
5 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Naismith and Sibbick have said we'll cut out the sloppy defending today so that will be good to see 🙄

That's nice of them. Could they not have done it earlier in the season? 

Going by this article in the Evening News, the players all need some Psychotherapy!!!!

Steven Naismith concedes Hearts could have created psychological complex against Rangers and Celtic

More chat emanates from Hearts about putting greater pressure on Scotland’s big two than any other club. Yet when actually sharing a pitch with Celtic or Rangers, few give a poorer account of themselves than the Tynecastle club.
Andrew Smith
Published 28th Oct 2023, 22:33 BST

Only two years ago the Gorgie side’s sporting director Joe Savage talked about being “hell bent on being the best” in the country, which meant trying to stand up to Glasgow’s behemoths. In disposing of Robbie Neilson in April, chief executive Andrew McKinlay suggested the club’s next manager should be targeting posing a greater challenge to the pair. A month after Hearts defender Kyle Rowles claimed there were signs they were closing the gap in such encounters. The runaround that Celtic gave Hearts last weekend in an excruciatingly one-sided 4-1 win in the supposedly intimidating Tynecastle suggests otherwise. Not least because the result ensured that Hearts are the only current top flight side against which Celtic boast a 10-game winning run across all competitions.

Over the next week or so, Steven Naismith will helm the Gorgie team twice against Rangers in Glasgow, with a Premiership encounter this Sunday at Ibrox to be followed by their Viaplay Cup semi-final at Hampden. Hearts haven’t claimed a win over a top flight Rangers in the west for 11 years. For context, since they did so with a 2-1 success at Ibrox in March 2012 (they did win there by the same scoreline two years later when both were in the Championship), Aberdeen, Hibs, St Johnstone, Hamilton Accies, Kilmarnock and Motherwell have all slayed the Govan club in Glasgow. Most more than once.

11 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

We are utter pish mate. Prague were better than them but absolutely miles better than us. We would have got a doing if it was us playing prague. Not 1 of our players would get anywhere near that sevco team hence why we will get pished all over tomorrow. We have more than half a team that needs replaced and a manager that has not a clue. If we even get a draw it will be a fecking miracle.

On the subject of Prague, their ground is slightly smaller than ours, and admission prices are lower, so how come they are so much better than us (presumably)?

14 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

On the subject of Prague, their ground is slightly smaller than ours, and admission prices are lower, so how come they are so much better than us (presumably)?

Less money better spent???

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don’t think we can take away any conclusions from hibs drawing with Celtic other than they carried some luck. 

IMG_6387.jpeg

IMG_6386.jpeg

Celtic didn’t play as well but Hibs defended well and we didn’t. Having watched us live and Hibs on a stream that’s my opinion. 

Fozzyonthefence
22 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Fingers crossed in hope more than expectation…I think we will get hoovered. 

My fingers are crossed that the rain is even heavier in the west and the game is off!  Then get a good win against Livi and the players at least have a flicker of confidence for the semi (any chance we have for the semi gets lost with a hammering today).

1 hour ago, 4marsbars said:

Ahh… but do they have a nice hotel in their ground 🤔

Might listen to the first 10 minutes on the radio before either a. We’re 2 nil down or b. pissed off listening to the GBC jizzening themselves over sevco. 

…in fact, let’s make it interesting! Anyone up for ‘Time of first penalty to sevco’ bingo?

😩😡 depressed. Going back to bed. 

3 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Might listen to the first 10 minutes on the radio before either a. We’re 2 nil down or b. pissed off listening to the GBC jizzening themselves over sevco. 

…in fact, let’s make it interesting! Anyone up for ‘Time of first penalty to sevco’ bingo?

image.jpeg.ffa91af81b4a14d24eed2e5bc8813237.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

And award winning restaurant

I'm usually the eternal optimist with Hearts and always think we have a chance but after a few inept performances recently, I don't give us a chance at all today and got no real interest in the game. 

A real sense of apathy around the team starting to creep in with me and I'm sure a few others. 

Hard to see us emulating last season's draw as Sevco have far more to play for. Suspect we'll buckle after early pressure then it's just trying to keep score down. Ive given this one up and moving to must win v Livi on Wed. Shocking I know but suspect players are in same mind. 

2 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

I'm usually the eternal optimist with Hearts and always think we have a chance but after a few inept performances recently, I don't give us a chance at all today and got no real interest in the game. 

A real sense of apathy around the team starting to creep in with me and I'm sure a few others. 

Yeah loads of apathy and not surprising. 

Kingsley available again so that’s something. He’s been very good this season. 

4 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Total apathy. Hard to care at all just now. Already accepted a heavy defeat today. 

30 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Is this game going to go ahead ? 

Transport system goosed as it is, heavy rain to continue ? 

Rain not heavy here in the West , only showers .

I wonder if there’s a chance of a pitch inspection, there’s been 4 hours of torrential rain through there already with no chance of it stopping until 5pm

2 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Total apathy. Hard to care at all just now. Already accepted a heavy defeat today. 

Yeah quite unsettling. It’s kinda just crept up on me this last week or so. Listening to some posters on here Who appear quite well connected, that insipid performance against Celtic… and then reading about the AGM and our CEOs reaction to relevant questions… I dunno, it just gives our board the appearance of arrogance and a dictatorship. 

To put it another way, if Sir Alex Ferguson offered us his services in the dugout - I’d bet he would rescind his offer refusing (after the board’s insistence) wearing Hearts socks on match day. 

When it comes to the managerial appointment, attitudes have to change on our board. I’ll say it again, they’ve not done Naismith any favours giving him the job. 

Anyway, sorry, off topic. Cmoan Hearts, shut this depressed muppet up and hump the Gers! 

9 minutes ago, Largo said:

8 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I wonder if there’s a chance of a pitch inspection, there’s been 4 hours of torrential rain through there already with no chance of it stopping until 5pm

Interesting

12 minutes ago, Largo said:

It's pishing down. I'm 9 miles from Snake mountain. 

3 hours ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Naismith and Sibbick have said we'll cut out the sloppy defending today so that will be good to see 🙄

If only it was that easy......

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, jambmoz said:

We don’t do 1st whistle’s I’m afraid, A awful drubbing coming today 

Maybe the 1st after the 3rd goal 🤦🏽

Naismith apparently saying that 'we're not going to go toe-to-toe' with der Hun.

Why not FFS? It's 11 v 11. If all our players are fit, trained, motivated and do their job then a draw, at least, should be expected. It's one thing us fans fearing the worst, it's another for the gaffer to basically admit that we're likely to get horsed.

Just now, ri Alban said:

I usually back us to win,  whatever shape we are in. Not today or any time soon. Beaten by at least 5 today.

If we get a doing on that scale then the manager shouldn't even see the midweek game.

1 hour ago, 4marsbars said:

Real manager better training methods and the players actually give a feck about the club , that helps a lot

As long as we make Rangers earn their 3pts then fair play, you've done your best and the other team were too good. If we stand off them and hand them the game after half an hour It's not going to be acceptable. I expect nothing less than a battling performance regardless of the outcome. 

pettigrewsstylist
49 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Many there mate, probably find some diy to do and check phone from time to time. 

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

alicante jambo
2 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

Not got a clue