*** Official Rangers (2012) v Heart of Midlothian -Match day thread***

Bazzas right boot

pettigrewsstylist
14 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Naismith apparently saying that 'we're not going to go toe-to-toe' with der Hun.

Why not FFS? It's 11 v 11. If all our players are fit, trained, motivated and do their job then a draw, at least, should be expected. It's one thing us fans fearing the worst, it's another for the gaffer to basically admit that we're likely to get horsed.

Its also reads, please just try and get in their half 🤣🤣

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Morgan

• pettigrewsstylist

• Gizmo

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

8-0 and our biggest ever defeat.  Anything better will be a bonus.

Good so if we get beat 7-0 you'll not be on here gretin later on!

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Good so if we get beat 7-0 you'll not be on here gretin later on!

you kinda hit the nail on the head.All the people predicting a tanking on here will still be on here whining if it does happen

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

you kinda hit the nail on the head.All the people predicting a tanking on here will still be on here whining if it does happen

All the same shite will be repeated with more gnashing of teeth.

I expect to get beat today. Anything is a bonus. 

We better beat Livingston.

:thumbsup:

Captain Sausage

Don’t expect anything from today, bit of a free hit. 

No injuries or suspensions and onto Livi midweek. That’s the big game - lose today, fail to win on Wednesday and lose next weekend and it has to be lights out for the management circus we are currently enduring. 

1 minute ago, Captain Sausage said:

No injuries or suspensions and onto Livi midweek. That’s the big game - lose today, fail to win on Wednesday and lose next weekend and it has to be lights out for the management circus we are currently enduring. 

It’s not a free hit. We need the points. 

Leveins Battalion
Just now, GinRummy said:

100%

A few bad results and we are in a relegation scrap.

Probably the least optimistic I’ve ever felt before a game. Seriously worried it could be a real sore one today. Rangers’ tails will be up after Celtic dropping points, plus will have a bounce with the new manager. Concede early and we’re toast 

2 hours ago, suds66 said:
Going by this article in the Evening News, the players all need some Psychotherapy!!!!

Steven Naismith concedes Hearts could have created psychological complex against Rangers and Celtic

More chat emanates from Hearts about putting greater pressure on Scotland’s big two than any other club. Yet when actually sharing a pitch with Celtic or Rangers, few give a poorer account of themselves than the Tynecastle club.
Andrew Smith
Published 28th Oct 2023, 22:33 BST

Only two years ago the Gorgie side’s sporting director Joe Savage talked about being “hell bent on being the best” in the country, which meant trying to stand up to Glasgow’s behemoths. In disposing of Robbie Neilson in April, chief executive Andrew McKinlay suggested the club’s next manager should be targeting posing a greater challenge to the pair. A month after Hearts defender Kyle Rowles claimed there were signs they were closing the gap in such encounters. The runaround that Celtic gave Hearts last weekend in an excruciatingly one-sided 4-1 win in the supposedly intimidating Tynecastle suggests otherwise. Not least because the result ensured that Hearts are the only current top flight side against which Celtic boast a 10-game winning run across all competitions.

Over the next week or so, Steven Naismith will helm the Gorgie team twice against Rangers in Glasgow, with a Premiership encounter this Sunday at Ibrox to be followed by their Viaplay Cup semi-final at Hampden. Hearts haven’t claimed a win over a top flight Rangers in the west for 11 years. For context, since they did so with a 2-1 success at Ibrox in March 2012 (they did win there by the same scoreline two years later when both were in the Championship), Aberdeen, Hibs, St Johnstone, Hamilton Accies, Kilmarnock and Motherwell have all slayed the Govan club in Glasgow. Most more than once.

Bard to really disagree with any of that . Although you can detect more than a hint of satisfaction and smugness from the Hibs wank who penned it 

10 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

Anyone know wee magic's phone number ? Nice wee surprise that day. I suppose another surprise is possible.

I think we have some players capable of doing something like that . They would have to go rogue though because the manager does not seem capable of winning a game like this

We will get thumped today and let's face it from a bang average rangers team.

Players lack belief and the tactics to win today.

If u want to win today stop sima and the wide players and get in their faces, we won't however and that's the sad thing.

rudi must stay
Just now, mellors1874 said:

We will get thumped today and let's face it from a bang average rangers team.

Players lack belief and the tactics to win today.

If u want to win today stop sima and the wide players and get in their faces, we won't however and that's the sad thing.

I think we'll play well. Naismith played for Rangers he knows the pressure they are under every game. Keep it tight first 20 minutes and we have a chance of a draw or a win. I think to win we have to score first 

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

I think we'll play well. Naismith played for Rangers he knows the pressure they are under every game. Keep it tight first 20 minutes and we have a chance of a draw or a win. I think to win we have to score first 

Like your optimism mate.

We will concede in first ten mins and that will set the tone as we will leave gaps at the back.

Dead cert penalty as well as rangers don't play games without them.

23 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Changing the management team is just the tip of the iceberg. The football side needs a complete upheaval, with a better standard or manager, player, coach and director of football. 

22 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

100%

A few bad results and we are in a relegation scrap.

Even we have to be in a better place than St Johnstone!

1 minute ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Changing the management team is just the tip of the iceberg. The football side needs a complete upheaval, with a better standard or manager, player, coach and director of football. 

I think we have a decent squad actually . More than decent for domestic level . A good manager would have been doing much better with these players 

1 minute ago, Rocky jamboa said:

What you are asking for can't all be done at once - especially the playing squad.  Any changes to that would be incremental.  What we need is to look at the management, coaching, and evaluate whether the DOF position is working.  We get a lot of talk from Savage but he isn't delivering.

2 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

What happened to double training sessions etc........we don't look fit for all our talk!

Diadora Van Basten

I would go 3-4-1-2 and pick the players who are good at defending and winning the ball. Then put on players with pace when the game gets stretched in the second half

Clark

Sibbock.   Kent.    Rowles 

Offiah.      Devlin.      Beni.        Cochrane 

Grant

Shankland.       Boyce

2 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I would go 3-4-1-2 and pick the players who are good at defending and winning the ball. Then put on players with pace when the game gets stretched in the second half

Clark

Grant

Shankland.       Boyce

No Offiah and Boyce for me. Offiah with Sibbick behind offer nothing going forward. Boyce and Shanks without width will

mean we’ll be stuck deep inside our own half 

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Beni is a must today 

Even if it's just to get more minutes in him.

He's our our only proper midfielder and if we are to get beat it would be good to get some match time in Beni, Oda etc and at least take that forward.

Clark 

Sibbick Kent Rowles Cochrane

Beni Devlin 

Oda.    Boyce.  Forrest 

Shanks 

Gillsland jack
54 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nope, todays the day its all going to click, Ahem!......dinny come looking for me later please🤣

Clark 

Beni Grant   Devlin 

Oda               Forrest 

Shanks 

rudi must stay

Even if it's just to get more minutes in him.

He's our our only proper midfielder and if we are to get beat it would be good to get some match time in Beni, Oda etc and at least take that forward.

They don't rate Lundstrum at Ibrox that is great because he is a great player. Beni could be vital today, if Haring is fit let that be the combination. They will both win tackles pop them both Infront of the defence. Oda and Shankland up top and I hope you Kirk is on the bench. His goal record for me puts him in the first team. Cochrane and Atkinson on the wings, we need good games from them. Boyce just behind the strikers, he should have a free role.

Can we at least match the zombies up in midfield, look like we have a game plan and show some energy and pace.

Is it too much to ask, for one game.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Gillsland jack said:

Nope, todays the day its all going to click, Ahem!......dinny come looking for me later please🤣

Hopefully!

rudi must stay
10 minutes ago, Australis said:

Can we at least match the zombies up in midfield, look like we have a game plan and show some energy and pace.

Pop Sibbick alongside Haring and Beningime. 

29 minutes ago, Australis said:

this will be the key to the game. You can't go with two defensive midfielders v the OF or any better club. three in midfield please

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Beni is a must today 

Dunno mate. He’s been honking since he came back. Looks unfit and worse…….not intersted

37 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Clark 

Beni Grant   Devlin 

Oda               Forrest 

Shanks 

This is probably my team also.

Let's be honest nobody really knows what to do when playing the old firm.

It's either:

- Play defensive (flood the defence & midfield) and hope to grasp a goal on a rare counter attack.

OR

- Go toe to toe with them and have a go (stick to our favoured 4-2-3-1 formation).

Whichever option is chosen the manager will be criticized if we get beat / pumped.  With fans saying we should have "had a go at them and been brave" or we were "to naïve to face up to them and left to many gaps in defence and midfield".

It's not just a Hearts thing.  It the same story for the other non old firm teams.

Edited by tazhearts

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Season isnt defined on points won away to the gruesome twosome.

In that sense it's a free hit.

A point would be superb!!

Ricardo Quaresma
55 minutes ago, Gillsland jack said:

:lol:

1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Clark

Grant

Shankland.       Boyce

Offiah looks a total bombscare!

Gillsland jack

Also the Men in Black will influence the game, the one on the pitch and if he can't cheat enough, the one in the VAR room will come up with something, just remembered that penalty from last week.

alicante jambo
2 minutes ago, Gillsland jack said:

Also the Men in Black will influence the game, the one on the pitch and if he can't cheat enough, the one in the VAR room will come up with something, just remembered that penalty from last week.

I said this before. To beat the old firm you need to be at the top of your game. Them not so, a wee bit of luck and the referee to be fair. Barging in the back of a player in blue results in a yellow for us but a talking to for the other side.

15 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Season isnt defined on points won away to the gruesome twosome.

In that sense it's a free hit.

A point would be superb!!

A point would be fantastic but the season is defined on how many points you get against all 11 of the other teams. This forum is the only place where folk collectively write off games against the old firm. Not meaning you with that comment btw. 

I say it’s not a free hit, some folk say it is. Probably an argument neither side can win. 

Edited by GinRummy