*** Official Rangers (2012) v Heart of Midlothian -Match day thread***

Bazzas right boot

Good we let halliday on the pitch for the two rangers goals.  Sure he will be on the podcast talking about how he’s delighted the new rangers manager is turning them around.  

hopefully he wasn’t celebrating too late in the louden tavern, need him fit to sit on the bench on wed night. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Morgan

• pettigrewsstylist

• Gizmo

19 minutes ago, Independence said:

Jeez, some of the comments, criticising the team and/or board on here, are nothing less than embarrassing! Please someone, remind me of the money difference of buying players, wages etc between Rangers/Celtic and us! 
To save time, it is, unfortunately, huge! We have to face reality! I think we can win at Hampden next Sunday, for what it is worth, but we need some luck and every Hearts player on ‘top of their’ game! We also need 20,000 true Hearts fans roaring us on!

Supporting Hearts is more than just about the football, although that is obviously, the most important part.

I seldom look at social-media these days connected with Hearts because of all the ‘so called’ exerts on here spouting such garbage!

You’re wasting your breath unfortunately. The only time money difference is an issue is when it’s used to have a go at the club for not beating teams with smaller budgets. The hypocrisy seems lost on some when we play Celtic or rangers. 

By The Light..

Rangers have a squad that is 7x the market value of the Hearts squad.

Every one of the Rangers squad would get a game for Hearts most likely as 1st pick.

There is only one player in our squad that would get a game for Rangers and unfortunately after his performance yesterday the chances of that have only increased.

Selkirkhmfc1874
47 minutes ago, Independence said:

Jeez, some of the comments, criticising the team and/or board on here, are nothing less than embarrassing! Please someone, remind me of the money difference of buying players, wages etc between Rangers/Celtic and us! 
To save time, it is, unfortunately, huge! We have to face reality! I think we can win at Hampden next Sunday, for what it is worth, but we need some luck and every Hearts player on ‘top of their’ game! We also need 20,000 true Hearts fans roaring us on!

Supporting Hearts is more than just about the football, although that is obviously, the most important part.

I seldom look at social-media these days connected with Hearts because of all the ‘so called’ exerts on here spouting such garbage!

I'm one of the ones who want change in the boardroom and touchline but a wouldn't beat the management team or players up from yesterday's performance! Was night and day from the previous week against celtic and plenty positives to take from yesterday

40 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Good we let halliday on the pitch for the two rangers goals.  Sure he will be on the podcast talking about how he’s delighted the new rangers manager is turning them around.  

hopefully he wasn’t celebrating too late in the louden tavern, need him fit to sit on the bench on wed night. 

We needed Halliday as apparently he 'hates the IRA' and that's just what this team needs.

Am really glad we left Boyce on the bench too. No need to explain that one Naismith.

Pasquale for King
52 minutes ago, Dazo said:

You’re wasting your breath unfortunately. The only time money difference is an issue is when it’s used to have a go at the club for not beating teams with smaller budgets. The hypocrisy seems lost on some when we play Celtic or rangers. 

So we shouldn’t expect to get anything off the uglies when we play them due to the money difference but we also shouldn’t expect to beat teams who we have a money difference over? You realise that doesn’t make sense eh?

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So we shouldn’t expect to get anything off the uglies when we play them due to the money difference but we also shouldn’t expect to beat teams who we have a money difference over? You realise that doesn’t make sense eh?

Of course it makes no sense so I’ve no idea why you just made it up. 

19 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Aye, we were outstanding second half eh? 🤦‍♂️ 

IMG_5912.png

Yeah.

But Hearts were comfortable defending second half. Rangers passed the ball side to side, got some crosses in and tried to make space for a shot down the middle. But everything was blocked, headed away or the space closed down. It was pretty comfortable and only heading towards one result until Haring helped them. 

3 hours ago, Shanks said:

FFS 

:facepalm:

Ricardo Quaresma
14 hours ago, Shanks said:

Did he even touch the ball? Was it like soup through a fork?

The Old Tolbooth
15 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah.

But Hearts were comfortable defending second half. Rangers passed the ball side to side, got some crosses in and tried to make space for a shot down the middle. But everything was blocked, headed away or the space closed down. It was pretty comfortable and only heading towards one result until Haring helped them. 

I tend to agree with that, but it doesn't detract from the fact that we were honking in the second half, and had we been a little bolder, Rangers were there for the taking because they were playing garbage, we don't get many golden chances like that in Glasgow to close games out, and chose to park the bus instead of being a little braver. I'm not on about attacking them gung ho style, I'm on about finding out where the half way line is and actually trying to cross it with some measured football. 

Gillsland jack
On 29/10/2023 at 13:38, Gillsland jack said:

Also the Men in Black will influence the game, the one on the pitch and if he can't cheat enough, the one in the VAR room will come up with something, just remembered that penalty from last week.

I was not far of the mark with my prediction on Sunday🤣FFS, it really is getting that predictable, I'm not saying Haring was not guilty of pulling a shirt and giving the officials a decision to make but what I am saying is the VAR ref jumping at the opportunity to bring it to the ref's attention, we all bloody well know that's not happening at the other end of the park in any game against the old firm.