*** Official Rangers (2012) v Heart of Midlothian -Match day thread***

Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot

In amongst everyone oot it's hard to remember We have a game at the weekend. 

Will it be a Halloween horror or will we get a result v the undead?

Gonna say 3-0 to the Huns.

We'll defend ok early on, concede before ht then get battered 2nd half

Hats of to anyone going through,  hopefully you get a treat and are not tricked!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Morgan

• pettigrewsstylist

• Gizmo

Opinionated Jambo

Anything can happen in cup games. However, Rangers have the new manager bounce and after scudding Hibs at the weekend they'll be smelling blood so can see them coming at us from the start. 

Rangers 3-1 Hearts unfortunately

Unfortunately I think we'll lose an early goal and struggle to create many chances.

Hopefully we'll see better application though and they'll put up a decent show.

3 nil to them.

11 minutes ago, Opinionated Jambo said:

Anything can happen in cup games. However, Rangers have the new manager bounce and after scudding Hibs at the weekend they'll be smelling blood so can see them coming at us from the start. 

It’s not the cup this week mate.

I think the majority Hearts supporters know what to expect on Sunday and that is another abject performance resulting in the usual spanking.

We will hear the same lame excuses spouted by our unqualified manager and guff relating to learning from our mistakes.

Unless there is some kind of divine intervention there' only going to be one outcome.

Obviously I hope I am completely wrong and we are celebrating a famous win!

I'm back from my break away on Hunday *autocorrect 🤭 I will watch us get pumped by rangers (I'm too tight to miss the game when I have a HeartsTV international subscription) I just hope it's not too heavy of a scoreline. A sneaky win would be nice however 🤞

4-0 but would love to be proven wrong.

Think if we start poorly it could get silly, which will set us up for another hiding the following week

If we can not concede within the first 5 minutes of this one, it'll be an improvement on the game against Celtic. 

If we can avoid letting them waltz into our penalty box 15 seconds after the second half starts, it will also be an improvement. 

I'm honestly not sure what goes through our players minds sometimes, because it sure as **** isn't playing football with the number of brainfarts and outright stupid decisions we make over a 90 minute game. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Opinionated Jambo said:

Don't go to Hampden this weekend. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, One five said:

At least we won’t lose 😉

Sounds like a challenge. 

5 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

We'll get blootered. 

Aye. 🍺 🍻 

But what aboot the game?

We won't get to the 10th minute without conceding and the usual capitulation will follow.

Rangers 4-0.

We'll do better at Hampden, maybe the 20th minute:

Rangers 3-0.

Not attending either game.

I rarely miss Hearts at Hampden but apathy, resignation and the futility of it all has got the better of me and mine on this occasion.

4-0 or 5-0 to the huns unfortunately.  

likely no passion or fight, a goal for them in the first 5 minutes , a red card for us, a rangers penalty and the obligatory injury.

more schoolboy tactic nonsense from Naismith, probably risking Kingsley in amongst it.

At least he can’t play Lowry out of position against his parent club. That’s a bonus.

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Beaton 2 Hearts 0

Add in what Rangers do and that's about 6-0.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

See if we do get hammered is it okay to blame Naismith or does it have to be Savage or Budge ? Need to know who I am to direct my ire at 

Thought you would know the answer to that Sooks.

EVERYONE OOT!

Just now, jamboozy said:

Thought you would know the answer to that Sooks.

EVERYONE OOT!

Frustrating isnt it mate ? How many times do we need to rip everything up and start again because we lose all sense of perspective and focus ? It is blindingly obvious where the problem is and it is easily remedied . The difficult bit is actually get the next appointment right and stop bringing in rookie managers 

16 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Add in what Rangers do and that's about 6-0.

Och, to hang, let’s go 6-3.  👍

Just now, Sooks said:

Frustrating isnt it mate ? How many times do we need to rip everything up and start again because we lose all sense of perspective and focus ? It is blindingly obvious where the problem is and it is easily remedied . The difficult bit is actually get the next appointment right and stop bringing in rookie managers 

I don’t think that everyone realises the costs implications on replacing everyone that happens to induces their ire. I get folks are all angry and annoyed at the lack of progress and indeed, regression on the playing front , but, sacking everyone is not the answer.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Och, to hang, let’s go 6-3.  👍

Aw, that would still be 4-3 without the uffucialz being shite!

Instead of trying to coach the team can Naismith ‘manage’ this situation to get a reaction, look at the squad and see who his most stand up players are and who can bring the appropriate stability and fight? 

I fear his options are thin on that front.  Somehow we need to fit Boyce and Grant in.   Nieuwenhoff, Sibbick benched at least.   Maybe time to give Offiah a start? (surely can’t be any worse?).   Oda in, Forrest out (after a good couple of games gradually his heart went out it last week, sadly).

Its going to be a long 90 minutes but we can’t carry anyone. We need the players in our squad who won’t hide to give us a bit pride in the game.  

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Go for it 1308 said:

3 nil to the Jambos....ffs, this San Miguel is going down easy tonight 🙃🙂

Just like we will on Sunday.

Go for it 1308
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Just like we will on Sunday.

Cheer up buddy...alcohol is a wonderful thing when it comes to supporting our lot. I thoroughly recommend it🙂

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Go for it 1308 said:

Cheer up buddy...alcohol is a wonderful thing when it comes to supporting our lot. I thoroughly recommend it🙂

I recommend it for life in general.

Can see us having spells of pressure and possession with maybe even some shots on target. Midfield will be weak though and the likes of Sibbick and/ or Cochrane will switch off or have a carcrash moment or three. Will be pleased to keep it to 3-0 to Sevco.

Some pressure on Souttar may yield a goal though.

Pumped with nae lube. 

Followed by Baldie after the match telling everyone we played some good stuff, but just switched off 6 times for the rangers goals.

Going to pretend it's not on and do something else with my weekend.

We shall roll over and get our tummies tickled as is usually the case in Glasgow. Normally optimistic but can't see anything other than a 3+ goal defeat.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Official Rangers (2012) v Heart of Midlothian -Match day thread***