Israel and Palestine

AlphonseCapone

Just now, Cruyff said:

Israel tells lies. A wee rocket doesn't land smack bang in the centre of a hospital and levels it. A JDAM however does. 

They are “ animals “ though so it is fully justified . Must have been a veterinary hospital 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diadora Van Basten

• il Duce McTarkin

• Malinga the Swinga

• JudyJudyJudy

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The official version.

So inconvenient for the hospital. Wrong place Wrong time.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

They are “ animals “ though so it is fully justified . Must have been a veterinary hospital 

They must think the world is stupid. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Stupid or just bigoted enough to pretend to believe them . Evidence of both not too far away tonight 

The thing about Hamas and Gaza is, they are mainly  another average to incompetent Government, afraid to hold elections. But the vast majority of people in Gaza have nothing to do with them. Before the attack last week, everyone was saying things were calm. Israel who works with Hamas had started offering more concessions. The US Government said the situation was calm.

Actually you can say what Hamas did was desperation and a sign of failure and weakness. They will get a lot more new fighters as a result of Israel actions which might have been the main intention. So Israel saying they are destroying them there will just be a new more radical group in their place. 

20 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Tide turning against Israel I feel. Can see their allies starting to take a step back. 

They will try get a few more 1000s added to the tally to feed their blood lust before showing some level of restraint . Or they have maybe just started . 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

They will try get a few more 1000s added to the tally to feed their blood lust before showing some level of restraint . Or they have maybe just started . 

It is okay , they are only killing “ animals “ 

7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The biggest guy in school's told them they can do what they want, I doubt they really care.

Hamas launches these rockets all the time. They've probably fired 20,000 at Israel in the last decade and yeah, some do land in Gaza as well as Israel but you'll be lucky to find casualty figures of 500 being killed by an unguided rocket. This an blatantly ridiculous claim by Israel. It's so obviously them that did this. 

43 minutes ago, JyTees said:

It's an extremely polarised subject, obviously. We've all got our opinions that vary in strength from one side to the other. When you start to play the man instead of the ball though your "moral superiority" tends to take a hit if you ask me. 

I shouldn't be surprised though. It's KB after all. Certainly not a fair representation of the world I live in, and the insults are made by anonymous, faceless, keyboard warriors that wouldn't say boo to a ghost. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm always going to feel superior to folk on the Internet who call other folk on the Internet 'anonymous faceless keyboard warriors who wouldn't say boo to a ghost.' 

32 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Who are these animals you are referring to please ? Hamas ? Or the innocent subsistence farmers and fisherman and their children who were bombed at the border when fleeing or the people murdered in the hospital ? All Muslims ? I have already given my opinion the disgusting and twisted Hamas 

Of course, Hamas. Who else? How would you propose we rid the world of Hamas without involving Palestinians? Given they're entrenched in Palestine.

US Allies in the region and the Palestine delegates pull out of planned summit. Massive snub to Biden and the US position.

If Israel has done this hospital, and it seems likely they have, all sorts of regional actors are going to get right in about them. If Israel gets isolated and loses US support, even if it’s just a US wobble, there’s about 5-6 powers in the region who will step into this.

3 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Of course, Hamas. Who else? How would you propose we rid the world of Hamas without involving Palestinians? Given they're entrenched in Palestine.

The innocent people who you are quite happy to see murdered as collateral damage . Thankfully though you have cleared up that although you are happy enough to see them killed in the crossfire , you do not regard them as animals . I agree Hamas are scum 

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

US Allies in the region and the Palestine delegates pull out of planned summit. Massive snub to Biden and the US position.

If Israel has done this hospital, and it seems likely they have, all sorts of regional actors are going to get right in about them. If Israel gets isolated and loses US support, even if it’s just a US wobble, there’s about 5-6 powers in the region who will step into this.

Israel have nukes however 

1 hour ago, maggieb said:

Reports days ago ,Hamas were using hospitals as bases for protection,might be there arsenal stash hit?

Even if that is the case is it worth killing hundreds of hospital patients for? That’s off the chart cold blooded. 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

The innocent people who you are quite happy to see murdered as collateral damage . Thankfully though you have cleared up that although you are happy enough to see them killed in the crossfire , you do not regard them as animals . I agree Hamas are scum 

Sadly, civilians have always paid a price in wars, and always will. Don't know where I've said I'm happy to see innocent people murdered, but no surprise that's the twisted view of the sanctimonious anti Semite.

1 hour ago, FWJ said:

The man regarded as the leader of Hamas - Ismail Haniyeh - in a televised broadcast has called  “…. on all Palestinian people “to get out and confront the occupation and the settlers” and for all Arabs, and Muslims to stage protests against Israel.”

(From the BBC site)

I wonder where this will lead….

Where its always been.

But with different empires pushing and pulling.

There's other theatres.

I doubt this one will ignite .

The sectarian element of Islam on a govt /state level I'd think stop this going berserk.

But it's a move towards Iran .

Imo a year or less.

Guarenteed to be Starmer green lighting the war.

Israel won't be the frontline. 

And we can all get mixed up about Ukraine, Iran and the next thing in the west's perpetual war.

Is that tinfoil or just stating modus operandi?

Just now, Ked said:

Where its always been.

But with different empires pushing and pulling.

There's other theatres.

I doubt this one will ignite .

The sectarian element of Islam on a govt /state level I'd think stop this going berserk.

But it's a move towards Iran .

Imo a year or less.

Guarenteed to be Starmer green lighting the war.

Israel won't be the frontline. 

And we can all get mixed up about Ukraine, Iran and the next thing in the west's perpetual war.

Is that tinfoil or just stating modus operandi?

Hopefully deciphered by human beings .

Appreciate any answers based on deciphering 😙😅😅

8 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Sadly, civilians have always paid a price in wars, and always will. Don't know where I've said I'm happy to see innocent people murdered, but no surprise that's the twisted view of the sanctimonious anti Semite.

Oh ……… I am a twisted antisemite ? Can you direct me to where I have expressed antisemitic views please 

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh ……… I am a twisted antisemite ? Can you direct me to where I have expressed antisemitic views please 

I'll do just that...as soon as you do likewise with the numerous aspersions you've thrown around like confetti to anyone who's expressed an alternate opinion to your own.

Start with the one where I'm happy to see innocents murdered and work your way back from there.

This interview is something else.

Some very dark satire but it certainly worked driving home some good points I thought.

The "you've just compared Israel to ISIS" bit, holy feck.

Edited by Costanza

SectionDJambo

No matter the truth of which side was responsible for yet another mass murder of innocents, the UK, our country, should distance itself from either side of this madness.

Israel and Hamas are as bad as one another. We can’t believe a word of what either side says. They’re both liars.
We heard the Israeli ambassador to the UK today. Clearly an unhinged fanatic who reflects the attitude of her government, since she is their voice here in the UK. The Israeli government has shown it’s contempt for the UK by landing that nutcase in our country to represent them. 

We are going to be sucked into this by a blind loyalty to Israel, as will the US, which emboldens them into thinking they can do anything they like. 
The events of last weekend in Israel were terrible. We are being asked to believe that Israel had no intelligence that something was going to happen. All those Hamas murderers managed to sneak up to the fence with bulldozers and hundreds of terrorists, with hang gliders no less, and the Israeli intelligence services, probably the most ruthless and observant in the world, didn’t see it coming?

Cast our minds back to the invasion of Ukraine. We knew for weeks that Russia was preparing an invasion. Yet Israel knew nothing. I’m not buying it.

Pull back, secure our own interests and let them get on with it. They’re all fanatics.

21 minutes ago, JyTees said:

I'll do just that...as soon as you do likewise with the numerous aspersions you've thrown around like confetti to anyone who's expressed an alternate opinion to your own.

Start with the one where I'm happy to see innocents murdered and work your way back from there.

So you cant then ? Probably due to me not being antisemitic ………. yes , I suspect that must be it 

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Israel have nukes however 

Ahhh now you’re talking global.

There’s never been official confirmation from anywhere that Israel has nuclear weapons. Certainly not from within Israel and the US. We’ll accept however that they have them.

What would be the reaction of the other nuclear superpowers. Would the US support a nuclear strike by Israel ? Who would they fire one at ? Tehran ? Beirut ? Damascus ? Would the Muslim nuclear state (Pakistan) stand by and keep the padlock on ? Would Russia start firing them off ? North Korea ? China ?

Nukes are a red herring unless and until either the US or China start punching codes in. Only those two would dare to carry out a first strike, then of course it’s game over for most of us.

it’s far more likely IMO we’ll see conventional US boots on the ground with shock and awe conventional firepower and a CIA/Mossad bag of black ops and dirty tricks and assassinations backing them up and dismantling all serious opposition to Israel once and for all.

Israel have been playing fast and loose in the region for 75 years. We’ve now got an attack that’s made them lose their cool big time and they’ve been provoked into an all or nothing response. There is no way out of this for them but to eradicate Hamas and they’re quite happy scorching earth to do it because the one state that could stop them gives them unconditional support for what they’ve done previously and what they’re about to do

Edited by JimmyCant

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So you cant then ? Probably due to me not being antisemitic ………. yes , I suspect that must be it 

Completely missed the point. Whoooooooosh!

Look up hypocrisy and get back to me.

In fact don't. I'm done here.

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

"The first casualty when war starts is the truth".

Never a truer phrase has been spoken 😔

Edited by henrysmithsgloves

AlphonseCapone
8 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The thing about Hamas and Gaza is, they are mainly  another average to incompetent Government, afraid to hold elections. But the vast majority of people in Gaza have nothing to do with them. Before the attack last week, everyone was saying things were calm. Israel who works with Hamas had started offering more concessions. The US Government said the situation was calm.

Actually you can say what Hamas did was desperation and a sign of failure and weakness. They will get a lot more new fighters as a result of Israel actions which might have been the main intention. So Israel saying they are destroying them there will just be a new more radical group in their place. 

The deal between Israel and Saudi would have been a big factor in the Hamas decision as well. They won't have liked the growing number of Arab countries recognising Israel.

8 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

From independent observers

I don't know the veracity of that organisation but it's interesting how little attention your post has got here versus a random journalist in Israel. I appreciate he's a reservist but that is very unlikely to mean he has any sort of inside intelligence.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Sook, you're clearly very passionate about this topic and I think you speak a lot of truth, though sometimes I'll be honest, you cross the line a little in the moral superiority stakes, though I know you won't be bothered about my opinion on that. I am interested on your thoughts on the video and veracity of the organisation that posted it though, not because I'm trying to be arsey in case you think so but genuinely interested in why you've not responded to it but will quote a single journalist. Why acknowledgement of one and not the other?

6 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

"The first casualty when war starts is the truth".

Absolutely.

Edited by AlphonseCapone

Dennis Denuto
21 minutes ago, escobri said:

20231018_073257.jpg

A Hamas hospital now was it?? Doctors all terrorists as well.......

IDF now firmly blaming a Palestinian group for the hospital bombing

Israel official just saying there none of this Hamas/ISIS style brutality is anything to do with Islam....mate I've got news for you, it is ABSOLUTELY everything to do with Islam, there is no coincidence here, let's stop pretending there is.

3 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Israel official just saying there none of this Hamas/ISIS style brutality is anything to do with Islam....mate I've got news for you, it is ABSOLUTELY everything to do with Islam, there is no coincidence here, let's stop pretending there is.

Fair play to Muslims around the world though, not shy to rally to the cause, possibly carnage around Europe and elsewhere if Biden doesn't halt the Israeli advance.

Diadora Van Basten
8 hours ago, Costanza said:

This interview is something else.

Some very dark satire but it certainly worked driving home some good points I thought.

The "you've just compared Israel to ISIS" bit, holy feck.

Thanks for sharing this it was informative and very funny. One of the problems Palestinians have is they are only ever invited on news programmes either to defend Palestinian actions or to show their bruises. They rarely get an opportunity to explain how they are oppressed and killed. Similar to Joe Lycett with Liz Truss this guy appears agreeable to Piers questions and then uses it to show how ridiculous the questions are. I particularly liked when he said “I keep trying to kill my wife but it’s hard as she uses the children as human shields”.

9 hours ago, Tazio said:

Even if that is the case is it worth killing hundreds of hospital patients for? That’s off the chart cold blooded. 

Of course not Tazio 

3 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

By that measure,  it's correct to call Israel a terrorist state.

No, this just started last Saturday, mate ! Everything was rosy before that.

Damage appears to be limited to the Car Park. Even the cars don't seem that bad for an explosion said to have killed 500 people.

Israel has made mistakes and generally is far from innocent but there's no way they bombed that hospital.  There's also now no way they're going to be able to go in and destroy / degrade Hamas.  That's gone.  The outcome is no decisive ground offensive,  Hamas remaining in place to continue to terrorise and exploit Gaza,  Israel to remain at threat of their various enemies without any opportunity to do much about it.  Iran and their proxies must be pissing themselves.  

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Israel has made mistakes and generally is far from innocent but there's no way they bombed that hospital.  There's also now no way they're going to be able to go in and destroy / degrade Hamas.  That's gone.  The outcome is no decisive ground offensive,  Hamas remaining in place to continue to terrorise and exploit Gaza,  Israel to remain at threat of their various enemies without any opportunity to do much about it.  Iran and their proxies must be pissing themselves.  

Why do you feel they now can't go into Gaza to target them?

Just now, hughesie27 said:

Why do you feel they now can't go into Gaza to target them?

It's now impossible to achieve without profound escalation.  That genie is out of the bottle.  

All Israel can now do is to prepare to fortify territory around Gaza to prevent similar raids.  Draw back populated areas away from the border with Lebanon and fortify that frontier.  Similarly with the West Bank.  Find some kind of solution to enable security in Jerusalem.  That's all that's left.

SectionDJambo
11 hours ago, FWJ said:

The man regarded as the leader of Hamas - Ismail Haniyeh - in a televised broadcast has called  “…. on all Palestinian people “to get out and confront the occupation and the settlers” and for all Arabs, and Muslims to stage protests against Israel.”

(From the BBC site)

I wonder where this will lead….

Or whether he will lead them, or do a Trump and stir them all up and watch it all unfold on tv? The leading agitators, on both sides, never seem to be the ones out doing the fighting.