Israel and Palestine

AlphonseCapone

4 hours ago, Seaside Dave said:

Is there any one on here that is pro Palestine ? Can I ask a genuine question that I asked on twitter only to be blocked by 6 people because they actually just didn't answer the question 

Are Hamas the good guys or the bad guys ? 

Hamas are bad guys created by Israel who preferred them to more moderate and secular Fatah. Like the US helping the Taliban because they were anti Soviet. Short-termism that comes back to bite you. 

Israelis are prisoners too, albeit not as constrained as the Gazans. Surely it's in their interest to create peace?

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diadora Van Basten

• il Duce McTarkin

• Malinga the Swinga

• Mikey1874

periodictabledancer
4 hours ago, Seaside Dave said:

Is there any one on here that is pro Palestine ? Can I ask a genuine question that I asked on twitter only to be blocked by 6 people because they actually just didn't answer the question 

Are Hamas the good guys or the bad guys ? 

I'm not "pro Palestine" but I'm tired of the same old rhetoric and listening to western govts telling us basically we should never oppose anything Israel does , condemn Hammas (righltly so) while ignoring the plight of the Palestinians , who have become ghosts in theor own country , where Israelis continue to this day stealing their land. Palestinians have been abandoned by the world (even Arab states have zero interest in helping them diplomatically/politically). 

Hammas are very much the bad guys and have basically seized power following the last ections nearly 20 years ago. They are nothing more than Iran sponsored terrorists.  For all the damage they have caused to Israel (and Gaza too) they are not an existential threat to Israel, who could've wiped them out over the years if they chose to. 

3 hours ago, Dennis Denuto said:

This isn't a western where you have guys in Black or White hats, all the guys with guns killing civilians are the bad guys, no matter what flag they think they represent.

:spoton:

6 hours ago, Gundermann said:

A Scot killed Jesus. Pontius Pilate was apparently born under the ancient yew tree in Fortingall. 

Don't shoot the messenger. 

I was pissing myself when I read that a while ago.

59 minutes ago, Carter said:

It's extremely prevalent throughout this thread.

Where?

Unless of course you mean questioning Israel is always antisemitic.

Something Israel believes. 

3 hours ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

They're one man's freedom fighters, another man's terrorists

At least that's a better comment than I'd block you aswell 🤣🤣🤣

HeartsandonlyHearts
51 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Where?

You’re not trying hard enough. 

henrysmithsgloves
23 minutes ago, Taffin said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/oct/16/wadea-al-fayoume-biden-hate-crime-illinois

This is going to get even more out of hand, isn't it?

It will hit the fan if Iran gets nuked, certain circles are looking for evidence that implicates Iran . As if not enough innocents have died on both sides, I despair about the human race🥺

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Where?

No point trying to get any substance to their claims from the trolls.

Wasn't sure earlier but Israelis bombed the border crossing with Egypt. 

Awaiting confirmation what the target was. 

Edited by Mikey1874

HeartsandonlyHearts
4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Probably had Intel the border was actually hamas soldiers dressed up as a road.

Oh those little Hamas cads….What are we to do with you. Ya little scamps.

HeartsandonlyHearts
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Wasn't sure earlier but Israelis bombed the border crossing with Egypt. 

Awaiting confirmation what the target was. 

Has your intelligence got back to you yet to confirm the target?

AlphonseCapone

Blinken apparently now going to Amman rather than back to the States as planned which suggests something is going on, presumably related to humanitarian aid.

Portable Badger
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Where?

This is copied direct from the UN website.  Read it and go back through the JKB posts and see where you think you might see comments or memes posted that may have fallen foul of this.....

When you have done that then we can discuss the lazy substitution of 'Jews' with 'Hebrews or Zionists' because some people think that will keep them out of trouble.  Don't forget to look for tropes like Israelis are aggressive, Israelis are terrorists, Zionists are scum, etc.......

Right of the Jewish people to self-determination – NGO statement

RACISM, RACIAL DISCRIMINATION, XENOPHOBIA AND ALL FORMS OF DISCRIMINATION  

The Secretary-General has received the following written statement which is circulated in accordance with Economic and Social Council resolution 1996/31.

Denying the Jewish people their basic human rights, including the right to self-determination, is anti-Semitism. This basic right is fulfilled by the existence of the State of Israel. It is protected and advanced by the political movement to guarantee Jewish self-determination – Zionism. Zionism is about the Jewish people, and does not compete with any other people’s basic human right of self-determination. As anti-Zionism seeks to undermine this basic right of the Jewish, it is anti-Semitic. When anti-Israel rhetoric, advocacy or activity crosses the line beyond which it seeks to undermine the legitimacy of the Jewish State, it is anti-Semitic. There is no government whose policies are not legitimately criticized, but when this criticism aims to dismantle that country, it ceases to be legitimate. Disagreeing with French policies does not lead critics to the conclusion that France as a county is illegitimate, or that France should be disbanded. The same respect should be afforded to the State of Israel.

Two Swedish fans reportedly shot dead in Brussels tonight. Drive-by shooting by an ISIS gunman according to my pal on the ground there.

Not sure if this is tangential or relevant to this thread. Apologies if the former.

13 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

This is copied direct from the UN website.  Read it and go back through the JKB posts and see where you think you might see comments or memes posted that may have fallen foul of this.....

When you have done that then we can discuss the lazy substitution of 'Jews' with 'Hebrews or Zionists' because some people think that will keep them out of trouble.  Don't forget to look for tropes like Israelis are aggressive, Israelis are terrorists, Zionists are scum, etc.......

The Secretary-General has received the following written statement which is circulated in accordance with Economic and Social Council resolution 1996/31.

Denying the Jewish people their basic human rights, including the right to self-determination, is anti-Semitism. This basic right is fulfilled by the existence of the State of Israel. It is protected and advanced by the political movement to guarantee Jewish self-determination – Zionism. Zionism is about the Jewish people, and does not compete with any other people’s basic human right of self-determination. As anti-Zionism seeks to undermine this basic right of the Jewish, it is anti-Semitic. When anti-Israel rhetoric, advocacy or activity crosses the line beyond which it seeks to undermine the legitimacy of the Jewish State, it is anti-Semitic. There is no government whose policies are not legitimately criticized, but when this criticism aims to dismantle that country, it ceases to be legitimate. Disagreeing with French policies does not lead critics to the conclusion that France as a county is illegitimate, or that France should be disbanded. The same respect should be afforded to the State of Israel.

Why is it the onus is always on those questioning accusations to find evidence rather than those making the claims offering them up from the start? 

6 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Good watch from 2009

Very brave of Kaufmann to say what he said about the Israeli Govt.  Presumably it fell on deaf ears though.

27 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Apart from an official joint statement by him and his wife. 

Can you help me out here as I can't find any statement from sleepy Joe and Co about the guy pictured, ta.

20 minutes ago, leginten said:

Two Swedish fans reportedly shot dead in Brussels tonight. Drive-by shooting by an ISIS gunman according to my pal on the ground there.

Not sure if this is tangential or relevant to this thread. Apologies if the former.

Are ISIS still a thing?

Portable Badger
18 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Why is it the onus is always on those questioning accusations to find evidence rather than those making the claims offering them up from the start? 

Good question.  Probably for the hard of thinking.  Read a pamphlet and had a chat with some folks down the pub so they now believe they know all the intracacies of the situation.

In fairness they may not have realised they are potentially engaging in anti-semitic behaviour or hold anti-semitic beliefs but hopefully those people will now realise and we can all move on to a better society.

Here's hoping...

1 minute ago, leginten said:

Apparently ISIS have claimed responsibility. 

Probably feeling left out from the publicity their mates are getting.

19 minutes ago, escobri said:

Can you help me out here as I can't find any statement from sleepy Joe and Co about the guy pictured, ta.

Oh I get it now, it’s one of those fascinating conspiracy nut things where things are posted without explanation. And then when people ask about it they get answers like “well you can find out easily for yourself” and a refusal to elaborate based on some misplaced idea it makes the person enigmatic and interesting. 

periodictabledancer
53 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

All that work - and you still didn't answer his simple question.

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Oh I get it now, it’s one of those fascinating conspiracy nut things where things are posted without explanation. And then when people ask about it they get answers like “well you can find out easily for yourself” and a refusal to elaborate based on some misplaced idea it makes the person enigmatic and interesting. 

No I'm just looking for sleepy Joe's statement about jihadi Joe, you said there was one and I'm honestly looking for it.

Just now, escobri said:

No I'm just looking for sleepy Joe's statement about jihadi Joe, you said there was one and I'm honestly looking for it.

Read back to your original post. Due to lack of proof reading by you it doesn’t say “about this guy” it just says “this guy” making it look like it was an archive photo of a young Biden. If you’re going to be cryptic lay your posts out in a clear concise manner. 

AlphonseCapone
Just now, Tazio said:

Read back to your original post. Due to lack of proof reading by you it doesn’t say “about this guy” it just says “this guy” making it look like it was an archive photo of a young Biden. If you’re going to be cryptic lay your posts out in a clear concise manner. 

Ah please don't encourage it. Shite about American politics can go in the American politics thread.

Just now, Tazio said:

Don't waste your time engaging mate.  He will just bore you with conspiracy shite.

Just now, Tazio said:

Apologies, I would have edited it I noticed, clearly its not Biden though 🤣

Jeffros Furios
25 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Are ISIS still a thing?

They seem to have regrouped in parts of Syria and taken over a few villages ... small in numbers at present .

1 minute ago, escobri said:

Apologies, I would have edited it I noticed, clearly its not Biden though 🤣

As I’m not obsessed by Biden to the degree I don’t know what he looked like as a young man. Any way I’ll take the advice of the posters above now. 

Just now, Tazio said:

As I’m not obsessed by Biden to the degree I don’t know what he looked like as a young man. Any way I’ll take the advice of the posters above now. 

No probs as I'm away to make a new foil hat. 

25 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Good question.  Probably for the hard of thinking.  Read a pamphlet and had a chat with some folks down the pub so they now believe they know all the intracacies of the situation.

In fairness they may not have realised they are potentially engaging in anti-semitic behaviour or hold anti-semitic beliefs but hopefully those people will now realise and we can all move on to a better society.

Here's hoping...

What a pile of shite. Saying that zionists have stolen land from the Palestinians, murdered thousands of Palestinians is fact and has nothing to do with anti-semitism. Maybe have a look at the UN resolutions against Israel, including, amazingly, at least one backed by the US

Portable Badger
11 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

All that work - and you still didn't answer his simple question.

They asked one specific question 'Where?' (are there anti-semitic comments/posts).  I supplied the UN advice so they can check through JKB and see which ones probably contravene the UN advice.

If you are implying regards the 'Israel criticism' - then yes you can obviously criticise the policies of the Israel Govt. so long as they aren't anti-semitic.

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

What a pile of shite. Saying that zionists have stolen land from the Palestinians, murdered thousands of Palestinians is fact and has nothing to do with anti-semitism. Maybe have a look at the UN resolutions against Israel, including, amazingly, at least one backed by the US

Can I suggest you get onto the UN then so they can change their advice and numerous countries around the globe, including the UK, and we can reset their laws .  We could call it XB52's Law.  Until such times then they may well fall within the realm of anti-semitic.  I don't know as I'm not a lawyer but you could chance your arm in court if you feel really confident?

On 15/10/2023 at 13:01, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

This is not SNP related - but when Humza calls for an immediate ceasefire, what is he proposing happens next? That applies to everyone who says ‘de escalation is needed’.

What, Hamas and Israel start negotiating? Everyone just sings kumbaya? None of the solutions offered are ever based in reality 

I think he just wants his in-laws out, no?

20 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

They seem to have regrouped in parts of Syria and taken over a few villages ... small in numbers at present .

The guy who allegedly carried out the attack on the Swedish fans has claimed to be an ISIS member and carried out the attack to avenge the murder of the 6 year old in the US. This info was sourced from the Internet so happy to be corrected if untrue. 

Just now, escobri said:

The guy who allegedly carried out the attack on the Swedish fans has claimed to be an ISIS member and carried out the attack to avenge the murder of the 6 year old in the US. This info was sourced from the Internet so happy to be corrected if untrue. 

Given the guy is still on the run I'd be surprised if any of that was confirmed yet. 

periodictabledancer
20 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

They asked one specific question 'Where?' (are there anti-semitic comments/posts).  I supplied the UN advice so they can check through JKB and see which ones probably contravene the UN advice.

If you are implying regards the 'Israel criticism' - then yes you can obviously criticise the policies of the Israel Govt. so long as they aren't anti-semitic.

Can I suggest you get onto the UN then so they can change their advice and numerous countries around the globe, including the UK, and we can reset their laws .  We could call it XB52's Law.  Until such times then they may well fall within the realm of anti-semitic.  I don't know as I'm not a lawyer but you could chance your arm in court if you feel really confident?

You made a sweeping generalisation about posters on this board and he asked you "where ?" 

I'm not interested in your verbal gymnastics : you've made an assertion and you haven't backed it up.

You seem to have an odd view that others should do the searching to find the evidence you are unable to look for yourself. 

As for your "Law" and "court" references : you seem to be going right down the rabbit hole here. 

15 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Given the guy is still on the run I'd be surprised if any of that was confirmed yet. 

He's broadcast a video prior to the shooting so possibly his reasons were given during his hateful rant.

Portable Badger
3 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

You made a sweeping generalisation about posters on this board and he asked you "where ?" 

I'm not interested in your verbal gymnastics : you've made an assertion and you haven't backed it up.

You seem to have an odd view that others should do the searching to find the evidence you are unable to look for yourself. 

As for your "Law" and "court" references : you seem to be going right down the rabbit hole here. 

He didn't ask me where.  He asked another poster