Israel and Palestine

AlphonseCapone

31 minutes ago, Cade said:

So the Israeli solution to the Palestinian cause is to deny them a homeland, kick them off their land and scatter them to the winds across the world.

Reminds me of some strange religious sect that happened to a wee while back.

Jews, I think they were called.

A wee while being 60 years .

Which as we know from troubles in these islands is nothing to wipe memory clean.

Not suggesting in any way that the Palestinians should be kept in an open prison.

But Israel mentality and their almost universal persecution throughout the centuries leads to a mindset.

Doesn't make it right but makes it more complicated.

I think I alluded to much the same point earlier in the thread.

Some strange religious sect is applicable to everyone.

Even us with our democracy and other nations that follow strange political sects like communism.

Which killed more than any religious, sectarian ,racially motivated sects pit together.

I often see religion blamed.

But humanity for all our perceived advance remains tribal.

BTW your posts correct .

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diadora Van Basten

• il Duce McTarkin

• Malinga the Swinga

• JudyJudyJudy

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Talking about failed states I see our tin pot PM is breaking his neck to be seen at the side of Uncle Sam in Israel. 

A total mis-step from a guy so far out his depth it's not funny

Has there ever been a prime minister who didn't follow US foreign policy ?

Especially in areas of conflict.

Just now, Ked said:

Harold Wilson with Viet Nam

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You are actually quite an appalling excuse for a human being . I genuinely hope you are not a medical doctor 

That's just ridiculous it really is.

Childish even.

Just descending into the kind of debate that ruins every single thread.

Yirra decent poster mate.

But that's shut down shit

23 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Basically it's - "the best solution to this is if Palestinians just piss off somewhere else and let Israel do what they want".

And then they decide the want a bit of Lebanon ?

It's letting them do whatever they want that has got it to this stage

8 minutes ago, Ked said:

That's just ridiculous it really is.

Childish even.

Just descending into the kind of debate that ruins every single thread.

Yirra decent poster mate.

But that's shut down shit

If the cap fits . His opinion and disregard for human life appalls me . I do not need affirmation of my opinion and I do not care about being a decent poster 

The Mighty Thor
18 minutes ago, Ked said:

The bottom line is the Biden administration couldn't give a shite about Brexit Britain but still wee Rashid will be over there puffing his wee chest out like Britain is even remotely relevant on the world stage.

Risible.

Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

The bottom line is the Biden administration couldn't give a shite about Brexit Britain but still wee Rashid will be over there puffing his wee chest out like Britain is even remotely relevant on the world stage.

Risible.

Exactly . The wee mouthy pal of the bully 

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Harold Wilson with Viet Nam

Technically correct but we were up to our tits in it in many areas. Like a lot of conflicts, much of it doesn’t make “ the news ! “

Just now, Boab said:

Technically correct but we were up to our tits in it in many areas. Like a lot of conflicts, much of it doesn’t make “ the news ! “

True . Thankfully though we did not have an entire generation of kids sent to their deaths though . Small mercies and all that 

Just now, hughesie27 said:

500 killed in that Hospital according to Gaza Health Ministry.

500 dead Hamas . Israel doing the world a huge favour . We really have a lot to thank them for 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

That's absolutely vile stuff from Israel. War crime. 

Not even sure it can be called that as Palestine are not at war with Israel . It is just plain old fashioned genocide and ethnic cleansing that are happening now . We stand by it though , all justified according to Rishi 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That's absolutely vile stuff from Israel. War crime. 

Seen a news segment on Sky earlier of them in a Hospital showing how frantic it was and under stocked. Having to use nappies to clean wounds/soak up blood. The Doctor theybwere following said their destiny is in God's hands because they will not leave their patients. No idea if this is the same Hospital bombed but the story will be reflected in whatever Hospital it was. 

Still, Israel have the right to defend themselves. They had it coming.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

True . Thankfully though we did not have an entire generation of kids sent to their deaths though . Small mercies and all that 

Also true.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Not even sure it can be called that as Palestine are not at war with Israel . It is just plain old fashioned genocide and ethnic cleansing that are happening now . We stand by it though , all justified according to Rishi 

Without a doubt. 

They know fine and well they can't defeat Hamas because they are hiding in tunnels underground. Each laser guided weapon hitting a hospital is meant to kill and terrorise civilians.

2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Seen a news segment on Sky earlier of them in a Hospital showing how frantic it was and under stocked. Having to use nappies to clean wounds/soak up blood. The Doctor theybwere following said their destiny is in God's hands because they will not leave their patients. No idea if this is the same Hospital bombed but the story will be reflected in whatever Hospital it was. 

Still, Israel have the right to defend themselves. They had it coming.

Defend themselves against injured people, doctors and nurses? 

:cornette:

Without a doubt. 

They know fine and well they can't defeat Hamas because they are hiding in tunnels underground. Each laser guided weapon hitting a hospital is meant to kill and terrorise civilians.

Sarcasm not your forte? I assumed the context of the rest of the post made that obvious!

The Mighty Thor

I believe the accepted narrative is that Hamas hide rockets under incubators and high dependency beds.

They were leafleted. They only have themselves to blame. 

Just now, hughesie27 said:

Sarcasm not your forte? I assumed the context of the rest of the post made that obvious!

My apologies Hughesie, got you now. 👍

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I believe the accepted narrative is that Hamas hide rockets under incubators and high dependency beds.

They were leafleted. They only have themselves to blame. 

Wee rockets with pink and blue bonnets on their cones and nappies on their flights 

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Basically it's - "the best solution to this is if Palestinians just piss off somewhere else and let Israel do what they want".

That seems to be the narrative now 

On 14/10/2023 at 22:38, Malinga the Swinga said:

Still the Hamas apologists out in force. Imagine hating someone so much you defend people making jokes about holocaust.

Israel doing right thing for peace in eradicating Hamas.

Amazing how they get away with it. 

On 14/10/2023 at 16:22, Malinga the Swinga said:

Didn't think there would be rallies against Palestine and Hamas but there you go. Israel doing it's best to rid the world of them so we should be grateful for their sacrifice.

9 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Safety

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Israel need to slow down with all these favours they are doing for the rest of the world and for peace . We will never be able to repay their selflessness at this rate 

26 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Some reports saying 900 dead.

I’m really struggling with all this .

I’m at a loss that this may be viewed as collateral damage , a necessary evil . How did we get to this point in humanity

. The bullied are now the bullies . I only limit myself to reading about it mainly on this and sometimes X and that’s enough

. It’s a catastrophe. It’s suiting one nations dreams and aspirations, in fact they can’t believe how lucky they are at the present time . I’m hoping the international community pressurises them into changing direction and evidences at least some humanity . 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I’m really struggling with all this .

I’m at a loss that this may be viewed as collateral damage , a necessary evil . How did we get to this point in humanity

. The bullied are now the bullies . I only limit myself to reading about it mainly on this and sometimes X and that’s enough

. It’s a catastrophe. It’s suiting one nations dreams and aspirations, in fact they can’t believe how lucky they are at the present time . I’m hoping the international community pressurises them into changing direction and evidences at least some humanity . 

Sunak stood up in parliament and stated that the UK stands by Israel and believes their actions are fully justified 

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Well, there will be no return to any kind of Gaza where Hamas can hide and fester .

That has gone.

And the people can keep their land and their culture , perhaps even a degree of autonomy within another country .

But they would have peace and security .

And food, medical care, safety.

And frankly that’s better than anything they’ve known for decades.

The world would help them rebuild .

If the US ever invade the UK and resettle some group into Scotland, say the persecuted religious minorities such as the Amish and the Mennonites, displacing all the Scots who live here, where would you like for us to be resettled?

For me, as long as we have peace and security, food, medical care and safety in our new "Scottish" home, I don't really care. Greenland perhaps?

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

If the US ever invade the UK and resettle some group into Scotland, say the persecuted religious minorities such as the Amish and the Mennonites, displacing all the Scots who live here, where would you like for us to be resettled?

For me, as long as we have peace and security, food, medical care and safety in our new "Scottish" home, I don't really care. Greenland perhaps?

Are we limited to atheist countries as I believe that is our most common position on religion . If so then I would like to see a list of options before making my choice . Preferably somewhere nearer the equator . Will we be bombed as we head to our transport like Israel did to the Palestinian refugees ? If so then I will maybe put my evacuation off a few days and get laser eye surgery first . It is not like they would bomb me in hospital 

highlandjambo3
37 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Some reports saying 900 dead.

Israel have two choices here:

1.  Admit they made a target error and say sorry.

2.  Deny it was them and blame the terrorists.

I think we know the direction this will take.

Maybes we could give the USA back to the people who lived there a couple thousands before and everyone else can be deported to other Christian nations.

:kirk:

2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Well, there will be no return to any kind of Gaza where Hamas can hide and fester .

That has gone.

And the people can keep their land and their culture , perhaps even a degree of autonomy within another country .

But they would have peace and security .

And food, medical care, safety.

And frankly that’s better than anything they’ve known for decades.

The world would help them rebuild .

They can keep their land in another country???? Do you not realise how mad that statement is??. 

Maybe we could look at it the other way.  Most jews in Israel came from Europe so why not create an area there where they can keep their land and culture.( not being serious but it makes as much sense as your idea)

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

It’s basically Old Testament justice being handed out. 

More or less. Except by the time this is all over (for the time being), it will end up being more like a body for an eye.

Are Israel trying to drag Iran into this by their targetting of civilians and civilian facilities?

Just now, Tazio said:

It’s basically Old Testament justice being handed out. 

Ah the old hits are the best . Wine from water ? Nah , lets cut straight to being swallowed by whales , incest and infanticide . I must remember not to get my hair cut incase I have to fight a lion at some point

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

You are actually quite an appalling excuse for a human being . I genuinely hope you are not a medical doctor 

Said it numerous times. No way someone with his lack of humanity can be a doctor 

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Sunak stood up in parliament and stated that the UK stands by Israel and believes their actions are fully justified 

Well he’s not speaking for me . 

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Come on lads. Have a go at the doctor's opinions, not the man himself.

I would be the same If I saw a traffic warden parking on a double yellow tbf 

Already claims on twitter it was a faulty Hamas missile that hit the hospital. It very well could be but I didn’t think they had anything that powerful. 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Already claims on twitter it was a faulty Hamas missile that hit the hospital. It very well could be but I didn’t think they had anything that powerful. 

Such a shame it hit a target like a hospital too. What are the chances?

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

No me neither . I would never vote for them . Glad you do not either 

Nope I have  never voted Tory in any British WM election . Mind you I voted Labour in 1997 and we got Blair and Iraq 🇮🇶 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Just now, vegas-voss said:

Reports starting to come in that people are dehydrating to death as clean water has ran out.

It’s sickening . Crimes against humanity