Israel and Palestine

AlphonseCapone

MR INCREDIBLE
2 minutes ago, JyTees said:

I'm finding it difficult to fathom that some folk on here seem outraged by the Israeli retaliation. Families indiscriminately slaughtered. Women, children and babies killed in front of their helpless fathers. This is a different type of terrorism. This has taken it to new levels.

What would you expect the reaction to be? What would your reaction be?

We're dealing with animals. Pure evil. 

Agreed !!

Kick on Israel 🇮🇱 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diadora Van Basten

• il Duce McTarkin

• Malinga the Swinga

• JudyJudyJudy

1 minute ago, JyTees said:

I'm finding it difficult to fathom that some folk on here seem outraged by the Israeli retaliation. Families indiscriminately slaughtered. Women, children and babies killed in front of their helpless fathers. This is a different type of terrorism. This has taken it to new levels.

More discriminatory, perhaps, aimed purely at Hamas in all its forms. It would take longer though. Aiming rockets at civilian targets in Gaza may kill some terrorists but it will take down plenty civilians as collateral. They shouldn't stoop to Hamas' level. As someone said, the killing of civilians breeds future militants. It may satisfy the understandable desire for blood-lust revenge in the short-term, but it will cause more problems in the long run.

5 minutes ago, JyTees said:

True but the problems do sit with both sides. Remember it was an Israeli ultranationalist who assassinated Yitzak Rabin in '95 because he didn't want any sort of compromise solution or peace...The guy in charge in Israel now is the same character who benefitted from that assassination almost 30 years ago...

2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

True but the problems do sit with both sides. Remember it was an Israeli ultranationalist who assassinated Yitzak Rabin in '95 because he didn't want any sort of compromise solution or peace...The guy in charge in Israel now is the same character who benefitted from that assassination almost 30 years ago...

And it’s hard to fathom someone thinking Rabin was some sort of soft character. He was directly involved in town clearances in 1948 and a major figure in the creation of Israel. But the newer generation have been brought up not understanding what the country was until then. 

10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

And it’s hard to fathom someone thinking Rabin was some sort of soft character. He was directly involved in town clearances in 1948 and a major figure in the creation of Israel. But the newer generation have been brought up not understanding what the country was until then. 

The Wiki article on the assassination is excellent - the worrying thing is that there is a religious law called  din rodef which could be potentially utilised by any nutter to justify killing anyone who seeks compromise...Bascially it is dangerous to life to disagree with the fundamentalists and zealots. Makes you think there will never be peace there...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_of_Yitzhak_Rabin

Edited by Spellczech

12 minutes ago, redjambo said:

More discriminatory, perhaps, aimed purely at Hamas in all its forms. It would take longer though. Aiming rockets at civilian targets in Gaza may kill some terrorists but it will take down plenty civilians as collateral. They shouldn't stoop to Hamas' level. As someone said, the killing of civilians breeds future militants. It may satisfy the understandable desire for blood-lust revenge in the short-term, but it will cause more problems in the long run.

It has to be discriminate, and it shouldn't matter how long it takes to rid the world of every single one of these animals. I agree though, unfortunately there will be collateral. It can't be compared to the indiscriminate butchering of innocent mothers, children and babies carried out by Hamas though.

4 minutes ago, JyTees said:

It has to be discriminate, and it shouldn't matter how long it takes to rid the world of every single one of these animals. I agree though, unfortunately there will be collateral. It can't be compared to the indiscriminate butchering of innocent mothers, children and babies carried out by Hamas though.

The butchering of innocents by Hamas wasn't indiscriminate, it was very discriminate - they targetted civilians. I doubt that the IDF intentionally set out to kill civilians but their indiscriminate bombing of "Hamas-related" sites in Gaza has the same effect in the number of civilians killed. In the end, it doesn't matter if you butcher someone at close quarters or you guide a bomb onto their house. The result is the same, namely terror, grief and a prolonging of the conflict.

3 minutes ago, JyTees said:

It is like the hydra though - chop off one head and 2 more will appear. Look how long it took the USA to get Bin Laden and their resources were enormous. These terrorists are in a slum of 2.5m people, and they have human shields to boot...Not that it looks like the Israeli Govt is going to worry about them this time...The leaderships of both the Palestinians and the Israelis cannot be viewed by the neutral as "good people" but for their own supporters they are simply "strong leaders" - same as Putin in Russia...In war, strong trumps good.

Life is cheap in other parts of the World and when war comes it gets a whole lot cheaper...

il Duce McTarkin
14 minutes ago, redjambo said:

In the end, it doesn't matter if you butcher someone at close quarters or you guide a bomb onto their house. The result is the same, namely terror, grief and a prolonging of the conflict.

I was going to post simething similar in reply to an earlier bit of to-and-fro, red, but the wording in my head wasn't quite right, and I knew someone with a more conciliatory disposition would be along soon to put it in less inflamatory terms than my post might have unintentionally come across.

You're getting to the nub, though. The tragedy is a human one, and humanity is the only place a solution can be found. Politics and industry have little interest in peace.

Edited by il Duce McTarkin

That thing you do
1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

There should be no surprises over the atrocities, this is actually standard practice. I have seen them burn people alive, saw their head off with a knife while alive, dismember them alive.

That's been out there on video for years.

Religion is a scurge on humanity as extremists do anything in the name of it.

Where in Quran does it say behead babies Hamas, you absolute murderous arseholes?

Absolutely sickening.

Edited by That thing you do

8 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

I was going to post simething similar in reply to an earlier bit of to-and-fro, red, but the wording in my head wasn't quite right, and I knew someone with a more conciliatory disposition would be along soon to put it in less inflamatory terms than my post might have unintentionally come across.

You're getting to the nub, though. The tragedy is a human one, and humanity is the only place a solution can be found. Politicics has no interest in peace.

Indeed. Two of the great strengths of the human race, one to live and work in community, and the other to fight and struggle to better ourselves, have got us where we are, but at some point, as a race, for our own preservation we have to cut out the fighting bit and work together to ensure that everyone's basic needs and rights are taken care of, that we all have a say in our lives, and that we use our resources wisely for the benefit not only of humankind but of the whole planet.

You would have thought that the two massive wars the world has lived through would have been a wake-up call for us to make that transition, and there were indeed signs that we we were heading in that direction with the League of Nations, the UN, the development of human rights legislation, the rise in democracy, the creation of protected natural areas, and the development of renewable energy, among others. But all this while, greed and power have continued to result in poverty, inequity, suffering, and war. We just don't seem as a race to be able to get it together, and the Israel-Palestine conflict is almost the litmus test of how far we are progressing.

I know, I sound like a big hippy, but it just gars me greet that we have had the opportunity and the technology to actually get the job done and move onto the next stage of civilisation, and we haven't achieved it yet. There are still too many people in charge who are invested in power, money and ideology, and until we can find a way of overcoming this stumbling block, we will be destined to continue repeating the same scenarios over and over again.

il Duce McTarkin
7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Indeed. Two of the great strengths of the human race, one to live and work in community, and the other to fight and struggle to better ourselves, have got us where we are, but at some point, as a race, for our own preservation we have to cut out the fighting bit and work together to ensure that everyone's basic needs and rights are taken care of, that we all have a say in our lives, and that we use our resources wisely for the benefit not only of humankind but of the whole planet.

You would have thought that the two massive wars the world has lived through would have been a wake-up call for us to make that transition, and there were indeed signs that we we were heading in that direction with the League of Nations, the UN, the development of human rights legislation, the rise in democracy, the creation of protected natural areas, and the development of renewable energy, among others. But all this while, greed and power have continued to result in poverty, inequity, suffering, and war. We just don't seem as a race to be able to get it together, and the Israel-Palestine conflict is almost the litmus test of how far we are progressing.

I know, I sound like a big hippy, but it just gars me greet that we have had the opportunity and the technology to actually get the job done and move onto the next stage of civilisation, and we haven't achieved it yet. There are still too many people in charge who are invested in power, money and ideology, and until we can find a way of overcoming this stumbling block, we will be destined to continue repeating the same scenarios over and over again.

We need more big hippies imo.

Just now, il Duce McTarkin said:

We need more big hippies imo.

:D Fingers crossed for a brighter future, Tarks.

periodictabledancer
16 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

Religion is a scurge on humanity as extremists do anything in the name of it.

Where in Quran does it say behead babies Hamas, you absolute murderous arseholes?

Absolutely sickening.

This isn't about religion.

It's about one country being installed on another and the continual theft and appropriation by that country. 

It's about the rape of the Arab world to the benefit and indifference of the world.

There's no end to this particular conflict. 

Edited by periodictabledancer

34 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

It's about one country being installed on another and the continual theft and appropriation by that country. 

It's about the rape of the Arab world to the benefit and indifference of the world.

Quite simply put, it's the Zionist/Jews making further inroads to proving to the rest of the world, they own & rule the world, WEF...

Edited by Jam-Tart

jack D and coke
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

IThe current bombing of Gaza and the resultant deaths of Palestinians is creating thousands more radicals willing to die to destroy Israel. 

This is exactly what it produces. 
A mate mentioned the babies thing earlier and I thought surely not…

Im not having it yet I refuse to believe this is happening but there’s nowhere lower to go after that. 
Id be utterly murderous myself after that. 

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

This is exactly what it produces. 
A mate mentioned the babies thing earlier and I thought surely not…

Im not having it yet I refuse to believe this is happening but there’s nowhere lower to go after that. 
Id be utterly murderous myself after that. 

It's impossible to know what's what, Egypt reckons they warned Israel about something big, Israel denies it. Where do you go from there?

Meanwhile, Putin's still at it in Ukraine and Armenia are wondering if anyone's even noticed what Azerbaijan are up to.

What a world

3 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

It's impossible to know what's what, Egypt reckons they warned Israel about something big, Israel denies it. Where do you go from there?

Meanwhile, Putin's still at it in Ukraine and Armenia are wondering if anyone's even noticed what Azerbaijan are up to.

What a world

I’ve got a vague feeling based on nothing but instinct that Egypt may have warned Israel but neither of them had any idea how massive and extreme it was going to be. 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

What a world

Yeah seen the bits about Egypt warning about something big but I’ll bet they hear a lot of stuff and have to decide what’s credible and what isn’t. 
I can’t let myself believe anyone lets stuff like this happen I really can’t.
Or the world is truly ****ed. 

7 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

Meanwhile, Putin's still at it in Ukraine and Armenia are wondering if anyone's even noticed what Azerbaijan are up 

Edited by Jam-Tart

Ministryofdad

Twitter or x is a propaganda machine for both sides. 

I've seen one report by Nicole zedeck saying Israeli solders have been into houses in Kfar Aza where the have seen up to 40 babies beheaded in their beds and cots. 

On the other hand I've seen the video death retaliation by Israel in the firing rockets and bombs into gaza where there is actual video evidence of babies being mutilated from said shelling. 

One where there was a charred limbless baby with half it's face ripped open on twitter. Another video of young children bloodied, confused and basically donald ducked being carried into hospital. 

There are no words to describe what I've seen on twitter over the past 20+ hours. 

There is a news report from someone who was at the festival, survived only due to a lot of bodies taking the bullets from a hamas terrorist just randomly opening fire and killing everyone. 

He said a grenade was tossed. It hit him on the head and bounced away. 

Other reports from people in hospital who were there saying hamas just opening fire at the festival goers trying to flee in terror. 

Clearly unconfirmed reports of rape. 

Then we have the footage of the German lass Shani Louk. Who was kidnaped, alledged killed and lifeless body paraded, spat on by hamas. 

Now hearing reports she is alive in a gaza hospital. 

Who knows what to believe anymore. 

What I do know is the killing needs to stop and a ceasefire even temporary in place.

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, Jam-Tart said:

Quite simply put, it's the Zionist/Jews making further inroads to proving to the rest of the world, they own & rule the world, WEF...

That might be your view.

I'll bet  you're  a fan of the Zinoviev letters. 

That thing you do
3 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

Religion is front and centre. Both sides territorial claims are founded in religion.

I dont disagree with what you say but the catalyst is what the book about each different invisible man says.

I think this might be the end of Hamas. A man like Netanyahu isn't going to make threats of actions he says will reverberate down the generations then do nothing notable.

Just like the US following 9/11 Israel has a wave of international support behind them right now, even those Israelis who would typically be hesitant to go into Gaza are all on board. They're probably going to go through like a sieve.

I'm also now thinking Hezbollah will stay out of it aside from those few missiles. Because they too know that this time Israel means business.

That thing you do

In this video is one of strangest comments on this whole horrific situation.

In agreeing Israel can defend itself the commentator says "If Toronto bombed Detroit the US would bomb Mexico and be perfectly within its rights to do so". I had to listen to this 5 times to check and is actually what he said. Sadly, its probably the truth. Get Tony Blair to sign off a weapons dossier and off they go to bomb Guadalajara. Watch the guys hand gestures, I think he means it. 3:25 ish

Edited by That thing you do

That thing you do
3 hours ago, Ministryofdad said:

Twitter or x is a propaganda machine for both sides. 

I've seen one report by Nicole zedeck saying Israeli solders have been into houses in Kfar Aza where the have seen up to 40 babies beheaded in their beds and cots. 

On the other hand I've seen the video death retaliation by Israel in the firing rockets and bombs into gaza where there is actual video evidence of babies being mutilated from said shelling. 

One where there was a charred limbless baby with half it's face ripped open on twitter. Another video of young children bloodied, confused and basically donald ducked being carried into hospital. 

There are no words to describe what I've seen on twitter over the past 20+ hours. 

There is a news report from someone who was at the festival, survived only due to a lot of bodies taking the bullets from a hamas terrorist just randomly opening fire and killing everyone. 

He said a grenade was tossed. It hit him on the head and bounced away. 

Other reports from people in hospital who were there saying hamas just opening fire at the festival goers trying to flee in terror. 

Clearly unconfirmed reports of rape. 

Then we have the footage of the German lass Shani Louk. Who was kidnaped, alledged killed and lifeless body paraded, spat on by hamas. 

Now hearing reports she is alive in a gaza hospital. 

Who knows what to believe anymore. 

What I do know is the killing needs to stop and a ceasefire even temporary in place.

I had heard some nasty things were on twitter and I wont go on it in case I see it. I really do not want to see it because the thought of decapitated babies is enough to me fully sick without seeing images of it. Sorry you came across it.

4 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

It's about one country being installed on another

Palestine isn't a country and has never been a country, were you aware of that?

20 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Palestine isn't a country and has never been a country, were you aware of that?

The western countries who don't recognise it, like ourselves, only do so in an attempted olive branch aimed at Israel. The state of Palestine is still recognised by a decent majority of nations though.

15 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

The western countries who don't recognise it, like ourselves, only do so in an attempted olive branch aimed at Israel. The state of Palestine is still recognised by a decent majority of nations though.

I'm not introducing that fact to detract from their claims in any way, but the actual fact is it's not a  country and never has been.  It wasn't a country before Israel was created so therefore Israel cannot have replaced any other country.

And that's an important point to Israelis since saying they supplanted another county makes it sound like they marched in from nowhere in an invasion. They didn't, it was created by UN mandate.

And that's exactly the way those trying to wipe them out depict it, an invasion of a country that never was. That's my point in mentioning it. And I guarantee you most around here probably don't even know that.

The Mighty Thor
7 hours ago, JyTees said:

It has to be discriminate

It can't be compared to the indiscriminate butchering of innocent mothers, children and babies carried out by Hamas though.

Dropping 1000kg bombs onto tower blocks is not discriminate.

I'm afraid it absolutely can be compared to indiscriminate killing as it is indiscriminate killing regardless of which badge is on your tunic

7 hours ago, redjambo said:

In the end, it doesn't matter if you butcher someone at close quarters or you guide a bomb onto their house. The result is the same, namely terror, grief and a prolonging of the conflict.

This. 

The bloodlust is running hot and theres a distinct lack of cool heads in the middle east or indeed the Western political hemisphere 

7 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Life is cheap in other parts of the World and when war comes it gets a whole lot cheaper...

It's very cheap through the lens of a rocket or bomb guidance screen

14 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Dropping 1000kg bombs onto tower blocks is not discriminate.

I'm afraid it absolutely can be compared to indiscriminate killing as it is indiscriminate killing regardless of which badge is on your tunic

I think the comparison being made is that when Israel drops a bomb the point of it isn't to kill civilians, hell they must be the only nation in history to warn of upcoming attacks, can you imagine Churchill sending warning messages to German cities, take cover they're coming?

But even that aside if they could avoid any civilian casualties at all they absolutely would, no doubting it. What they're trying to do is stop this terrorist outfit pledged to kill all Jews from killing their people. Anything else is pointless to them.

While on the other hand anything Hamas does is absolutely intended to kill/main as many civilians as possible, of any age, it's the only purpose. If it's a Jew kill it in the womb if you can.

I think that's a whole world of difference.

Diadora Van Basten

Just watched Grant Shapps and Joe Biden on breakfast TV. Shapps said it’s very important that Hamas are referred to as terrorists. Israel has a right to defend itself agrees with Israel that people are monsters. There is no justification for the attack. Basically given Israel Carte Blanche to kill civilians in Gaza which they will do with glee. A few pics of bombed out buildings in Gaza and that a mention that unfortunately food and electricity will run out soon.

Grant Shapps certainly doesn’t speak for me and I thought he came across as a weasel and Palestinian lives matter just as much as Israeli lives. But to UK and US government that just isn’t the case.

Edited by Diadora Van Basten

2 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Just watched Grant Shapps and Joe Biden on breakfast TV. Shapps said it’s very important that Hamas are referred to as terrorists.

So tell me something, what else should anybody at all label Hamas? Boys club?

What does something like you label them? You got one? I bet you don't, I bet you never even thought of what they are before I said that. 

The Mighty Thor
57 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I think the comparison being made is that when Israel drops a bomb the point of it isn't to kill civilians, hell they must be the only nation in history to warn of upcoming attacks, can you imagine Churchill sending warning messages to German cities, take cover they're coming?

But even that aside if they could avoid any civilian casualties at all they absolutely would, no doubting it. What they're trying to do is stop this terrorist outfit pledged to kill all Jews from killing their people. Anything else is pointless to them.

While on the other hand anything Hamas does is absolutely intended to kill/main as many civilians as possible, of any age, it's the only purpose. If it's a Jew kill it in the womb if you can.

I think that's a whole world of difference.

Firstly, and to assist you with winding in your neck, I DO NOT CONDONE THE ACTIONS OF THE TERRORISTS ON SATURDAY.

Many thanks for taking the time to mansplain the difference between discriminate and indiscriminate for me.

I'm delighted that the Israelis have managed to perfect bomb technology to the point where their 1000kg aircraft dropped 'dumb' munitions are definitely not killing anything other than terrorists in the 1km blast radius. That's a huge leap in technology and one they've managed to keep to themselves for 50 years. 

Defending your country and its people is definitely the right of any government of its people. Launcing wave after wave of airstrikes targeting anything standing above 3 stories is as barbaric as firing rockets over the border the other direction. Both are INDISCRIMINATE. 

Israel is most definitely not targetting the terrorsits only, nor are they trying to avoid civilian casualties (collaterol damage if you're a soul-less headcase). Unless of course Hamas are launching rockets from the 10th floor back bedroom of the tower blocks or indeed the vestry of the world's 3rd oldest church?

Nah mate, it's blood-lust pure and simple.

I'd have thought that as a man who is all over all things American you'd have been a bit more aware of how 'bombing them back to the stone age' has panned out for the USA over the last 50-60 years. The B52's had no impact on the outcome in Vietnam and more recently deploying stealth bombers and drones against groups of guys in the back of a Toyota Hi-Lux or on a C90 step-thru manage to achieve feck all as the Taliban are back doing Taliban things 20 years, thousands of US deaths and maimings later. 

Peace is seldom found down the barrel of a gun or a 1000kg bomb. 

Diadora Van Basten
23 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

So tell me something, what else should anybody at all label Hamas? Boys club?

What does something like you label them? You got one? I bet you don't, I bet you never even thought of what they are before I said that. 

The interviewer gave Shapps an opportunity to draw a distinction between the people who carried out the attack and Palestinian civilians living in Gaza. It was the only time I think I have ever seen a politician give a straight answer and the message was clear “The UK government don’t care if innocent Palestinian civilians get killed by the Israeli army”.

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Firstly, and to assist you with winding in your neck, I DO NOT CONDONE THE ACTIONS OF THE TERRORISTS ON SATURDAY.

Many thanks for taking the time to mansplain the difference between discriminate and indiscriminate for me.

I'm delighted that the Israelis have managed to perfect bomb technology to the point where their 1000kg aircraft dropped 'dumb' munitions are definitely not killing anything other than terrorists in the 1km blast radius. That's a huge leap in technology and one they've managed to keep to themselves for 50 years. 

Defending your country and its people is definitely the right of any government of its people. Launcing wave after wave of airstrikes targeting anything standing above 3 stories is as barbaric as firing rockets over the border the other direction. Both are INDISCRIMINATE. 

Israel is most definitely not targetting the terrorsits only, nor are they trying to avoid civilian casualties (collaterol damage if you're a soul-less headcase). Unless of course Hamas are launching rockets from the 10th floor back bedroom of the tower blocks or indeed the vestry of the world's 3rd oldest church?

Nah mate, it's blood-lust pure and simple.

I'd have thought that as a man who is all over all things American you'd have been a bit more aware of how 'bombing them back to the stone age' has panned out for the USA over the last 50-60 years. The B52's had no impact on the outcome in Vietnam and more recently deploying stealth bombers and drones against groups of guys in the back of a Toyota Hi-Lux or on a C90 step-thru manage to achieve feck all as the Taliban are back doing Taliban things 20 years, thousands of US deaths and maimings later. 

Peace is seldom found down the barrel of a gun or a 1000kg bomb. 

Firstly, and to assist you with winding in your neck, where did I say on any level there was a way to stop killing civilians? Even suggest it? Hint at it? Where? 

The Mighty Thor
4 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Firstly, and to assist you with winding in your neck, where did I say on any level there was a way to stop killing civilians? Even suggest it? Hint at it? Where? 

So for clarity then the Israeli's are definitely indiscriminately targetting civilians? No equivocation. 

So for clarity then the Israeli's are definitely indiscriminately targetting civilians? No equivocation. 

Okay since it's clarity now are you telling me you had no idea my post was referring to intent not outcome? You didn't have a clue?

And in addition WTF is wrong with you? WTF is this pissy attitude about? Winding necks in? WTF was wrong with that post that started this neck winding shite?

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Okay since it's clarity now are you telling me you had no idea my post was referring to intent not outcome? You didn't have a clue?

And in addition WTF is wrong with you? WTF is this pissy attitude about? Winding necks in? WTF was wrong with that post that started this neck winding shite?

So what's the answer? Are Isreal indiscriminately targetting Palestinian citizens with their bomb and rocket attacks or not?

So what's the answer? Are Isreal indiscriminately targetting Palestinian citizens with their bomb and rocket attacks or not?

Don't ignore my question? Wat's your neck shjite about? Because I think it's weird, maybe i'm misunderstanding something.

The Mighty Thor
Just now, JFK-1 said:

Don't ignore my question? Wat's your neck shjite about? Because I think it's weird, maybe i'm misunderstanding something.

You've been on an super aggressive stance for the last 4 or 5 pages with anyone who doesn't share your view or thought process with regards to Israel. Perhaps you have skin in the game? I neither know nor particularly care. 

I've no interest in getting dragged into that shit hence the reason i stated unequivocally that the actions of the terrorists on Saturday were abhorrent. 

Now it's time for you to answer the question asked.

Are Israel indiscriminately targetting Palestinian citizens with their bomb and rocket attacks or not?

Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

You've been on an super aggressive stance for the last 4 or 5 pages with anyone who doesn't share your view or thought process with regards to Israel. Perhaps you have skin in the game? I neither know nor particularly care.

Back to clarifying. You're telling me I made a perfectly ciivil post and you pulled your neck shite because of some other post? Whlle I have never had any interaction with you that I can recall?

That's what you're telling me and you just want me to brush that off? As if it's not werird? And ****in' ignorant, don't you think?

The Mighty Thor
5 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Back to clarifying. You're telling me I made a perfectly ciivil post and you pulled your neck shite because of some other post? Whlle I have never had any interaction with you that I can recall?

That's what you're telling me and you just want me to brush that off? As if it's not werird? And ****in' ignorant, don't you think?

So anyway, the question? 

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Just watched Grant Shapps and Joe Biden on breakfast TV. Shapps said it’s very important that Hamas are referred to as terrorists. Israel has a right to defend itself agrees with Israel that people are monsters. There is no justification for the attack. Basically given Israel Carte Blanche to kill civilians in Gaza which they will do with glee. A few pics of bombed out buildings in Gaza and that a mention that unfortunately food and electricity will run out soon.

Grant Shapps certainly doesn’t speak for me and I thought he came across as a weasel and Palestinian lives matter just as much as Israeli lives. But to UK and US government that just isn’t the case.

I don't understand how some countries and politicians make this so difficult. Hamas are horrible, murdering terrorist scum, that's irrefutable and only the worst people would argue otherwise. Israel, like every other nation, has a right to defend itself. Again, only the worst sort of people would deny that. The issues then come from both those points in converging on the same issue, people not thinking of or caring about the ordinary Palestinians. Hamas are not all Palestinians and they're especially not the children and most vulnerable Palestinians who always suffer the worst so people could do with remembering the difference. And that comes to the other point, Israel's right to defend itself should not allow it to break international laws like blockade food, water and power to Gaza, nor do everything they can to avoid civilian casualties, though we all live in the real world and accept that will happen to some extent regardless.

21 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Mate, you've been really aggressive with almost everyone you've engaged with. You're the only one that doesn't seem to be able to see it but have you asked yourself why so many folk are responding in the way they are to you? If you dropped the aggression and arrogance you'd have a good contribution to make to the thread. If you take my post in the way you have others and keep going how you're going then you won't get any reasonable responses back.

5 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I don't understand how some countries and politicians make this so difficult. Hamas are horrible, murdering terrorist scum, that's irrefutable and only the worst people would argue otherwise. Israel, like every other nation, has a right to defend itself. Again, only the worst sort of people would deny that. The issues then come from both those points in converging on the same issue, people not thinking of or caring about the ordinary Palestinians. Hamas are not all Palestinians and they're especially not the children and most vulnerable Palestinians who always suffer the worst so people could do with remembering the difference. And that comes to the other point, Israel's right to defend itself should not allow it to break international laws like blockade food, water and power to Gaza, nor do everything they can to avoid civilian casualties, though we all live in the real world and accept that will happen to some extent regardless.

Mate, you've been really aggressive with almost everyone you've engaged with. You're the only one that doesn't seem to be able to see it but have you asked yourself why so many folk are responding in the way they are to you? If you dropped the aggression and arrogance you'd have a good contribution to make to the thread. If you take my post in the way you have others and keep going how you're going then you won't get any reasonable responses back.

Mate seriously, where are you getting this from? Look at what you're saying, somebody responds to me like that after a perfectly civil post, I ask WTF is your problem and I have the issue? You being serious about that? Really?

After having made a perfectly civil post and i'm the one who has a problem here? When I say WTF is your problem?

I respond like that to people who present this attitude to me, but you think I shouldn't? Or something? Really?

Because I may be more caustic than their unwarranted pissy attitude means i'm t6he problem? Really? Explain the logic?

22 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Bit early fellas 👀

Semi final tickets to be purchased eyes are just awake and it's a full show in here 🤣🤣🤣

henrysmithsgloves
49 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

. Perhaps you have skin in the game? I neither know nor particularly care. 

If he has, it'll no be foreskin 🤔

21 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Mate seriously, where are you getting this from? Look at what you're saying, somebody responds to me like that after a perfectly civil post, I ask WTF is your problem and I have the issue? You being serious about that? Really?

After having made a perfectly civil post and i'm the one who has a problem here? When I say WTF is your problem?

I respond like that to people who present this attitude to me, but you think I shouldn't? Or something? Really?

Because I may be more caustic than their unwarranted pissy attitude means i'm t6he problem? Really? Explain the logic?

Bloody hell...still at it? You are so well suited to this topic!!! 

Only problem is that everyone else is far calmer and more coherent. Seems to be doing your head in...Go and have a lie down, for your own good...