We're going to Hampden! - Semi final : Hearts v Rangers - tickets on sale

tartofmidlothian

Just now, Rocky jamboa said:

Hopefully put in a better performance than robbies negative tactics last time. 

One of his worst ever decisions was not to go for their throat that day. They had played 120 minutes in scorching conditions in a European final and were dead on their feet. So what does Robbie do? Sits back and barely lays a glove on them. Shameful. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir PH

• Luckies1874

• PapaShango

• Wee Mikey

1 minute ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Will be the Sunday game aswell, brutal. Horrible draw all round. However I remember hibs beating Aberdeen in a semi final on the Saturday before we took on one of the gruesome twosome on the Sunday…

Why do you think that?

Celtic should be the only side to be overly concerned about. Thankfully someone managed to take care of them already. 

Our performances against Rangers are absolutely disgraceful.

colinmorewasgash

Whats worrying is I expect hibs to beat sheep and if its sevco not us but heres hoping it is (beaton ref or robertson for semi) hibs have habit of beating sevco at  hampdump mind you mostly semis.

Just now, Costanza said:

I missed the last league Cup semi final but was there in 02/03 and the Barry Ferguson handball. Both were grim affairs.

Would be nice to turn up and not put on an insipid show for once against them.

Lucky you missing that 2019 semi. Was one of the most pathetic performances I’ve ever seen 

As long as Hearts don't s£%@e themselves by the time the bus gets past Harthill they have a chance - hardly a great Rangers team at moment 

Edited by rory78

Just now, Sir PH said:

One of his worst ever decisions was not to go for their throat that day. They had played 120 minutes in scorching conditions in a European final and were dead on their feet. So what does Robbie do? Sits back and barely lays a glove on them. Shameful. 

It was like we'd played the 120 minutes in Europe! Thought he was going to go for it in the last half hour, then 15 minutes, then in extra time but he didn't. Not sure if he was hoping to take it to pens!

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

How?  We usually avoid them in semis.  When was the last time we played them in a semi?  I honestly can’t remember one since the Barry Ferguson basketball one in a midweek League Cup semi.  

When that clown McPhee was in charge?

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Why?

Doesn’t hurt as much losing a semi!  And we have to beat them if we’re going to win it.  Can’t see us beating them in the final, slightly better chance in semi. 

Thought they played European the Thursday before but they don't. So we could still be the Saturday game. Hopefully we are the Sunday game flights usually cheaper 

Just now, Thunder and Lightning said:

It is, if we don't beat them we won't be winning it. 😂 

He posted it before the draw was made. Aberdeen or Hibs could have drawn them in the semi, and beat them. 

4 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Will be the Sunday game aswell, brutal. Horrible draw all round. However I remember hibs beating Aberdeen in a semi final on the Saturday before we took on one of the gruesome twosome on the Sunday…

Why the Sunday? 

Just now, Rocky jamboa said:

It was like we'd played the 120 minutes in Europe! Thought he was going to go for it in the last half hour, then 15 minutes, then in extra time but he didn't. Not sure if he was hoping to take it to pens!

We were struggling to play a fully fit team that day.

7 minutes ago, Tenor said:

**** off - Rangers!

😂 

Midweek game before, and a European game for Rangers the week after.

You never know.

Thunder and Lightning
1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

He posted it before the draw was made. Aberdeen or Hibs could have drawn them in the semi, and beat them. 

Ah, now that makes more sense. ☺ 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Well I'm shocked, Not! At least we will hopefully have Gordon, Halks, Cochrane fit by then to give the squad a big boost.

We have to get the league form back on track now and then just go for it in the semi. 

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Why?

First negatively, if we're going to lose, and second positively, we beat Celtic in Semi in 2012, and beating Rangers this time leads nicely to another memorable drubbing of the wee team in the Final. 

1 minute ago, Seaside Dave said:

Thought they played European the Thursday before but they don't. So we could still be the Saturday game. Hopefully we are the Sunday game flights usually cheaper 

Think there's a midweek league card before the semi-finals.

5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

The usual battle for tickets starts. Will we get the north stand half

Don’t think there will be a stampede. 
Esp if it’s lunchtime Sunday.

Ah well. I don't know why I even imagined we wouldn't get the toughest draw. 

Still shades of the semis in 2012 Scottish Cup with Hobos v Aberdeen and us v one of the arse cheeks. 

Maybe not all is lost.

3 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Lucky you missing that 2019 semi. Was one of the most pathetic performances I’ve ever seen 

Austin McPhee special in his tartan suit. Don’t know what was worse this or wighton starting on the wing when had been so out in the cold he was in antartica 

Just now, neilnunb said:

Think there's a midweek league card before the semi-finals.

There is, we’re at home to livi on the Wednesday 

Just now, AC Mallin_51 said:

I was in Pitlochry walking along the dam with a crying baby in the pissing rain however I was indeed lucky not to go.

The sight of MacPhee in his suit FFS

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, Elmo said:

I’m quite disappointed that the usual  loonies have not been on declaring the draw a fix.  
it’s one of the best things about this place .  

Indeed, the paranoia about it being guaranteed is quite amusing!  Presumably everyone saying guaranteed we get Rangers were saying that every other time when we avoided them or Celtic in recent years too?  Like the last 3 finals we got to. 

8 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

They were fitter than us in ET despite them playing midweek.

Just now, ramrod said:

Would love an Aberdeen, Hearts final. Can't remember playing them at Hampden for a long time .

1996 SC semi is the last one I can think of? 

Never mind Naismith, I wonder if Beale makes it that far. They have Aberdeen, Hibs, St Mirren and us in the league as well 2 Europa matches before then. Tough October for them. 

1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

No.

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Nope, never.

Just now, Morgan said:

No.

That's a mental stat. And one that needs addressing!

👊🏻 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

I remember a similar feeling getting drawn against tic in a semi final shortly followed by skelping the wee team in the final. I think everything’s going to be alright👍🇱🇻

2 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Have we ever beat Rangers at Hampden. Certainly not my lifetime!

Must be due one 😎

Certainly need to have much more of a go than big game Neilson had in the 2022 Scottish Cup Final.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Ah well. I don't know why I even imagined we wouldn't get the toughest draw. 

Still shades of the semis in 2012 Scottish Cup with Hobos v Aberdeen and us v one of the arse cheeks. 

Maybe not all is lost.

Probably because in recent years we’ve always avoided the toughest draws?  The last 3 finals we’ve got to we’ve managed to avoid Rangers or Celtic in the semis and got Hibs twice and ICT iirc.  We were due this so no point drying our eyes about it. 

• davemclaren changed the title to We're going to Hampden! - Semi final : Hearts v Rangers - tickets on sale