We're going to Hampden! - Semi final : Hearts v Rangers - tickets on sale

tartofmidlothian

19 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

No, we haven’t won at Aberdeen for how many years?!

May 2016, Dauda with the only goal. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir PH

• Luckies1874

• PapaShango

• Wee Mikey

My biggest concern is that we have a lot of games against the old firm in a very short space of time coming up in the next wee while . These games can be momentum killers . We really really need to get the bandwagon rolling against the other teams between now and then 

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

My biggest concern is that we have a lot of games against the old firm in a very short space of time coming up in the next wee while . These games can be momentum killers . We really really need to get the bandwagon rolling against the other teams between now and then 

I think it's imperative we get 4pts as an absolute minimum out of these next 2 league games. Less than that and we are highly likely to be in a really poor position by the time the semi-final roles around. If we can take 6 then we would go into the Celtic home game in a far more positive frame of mind. 

3 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

I think it's imperative we get 4pts as an absolute minimum out of these next 2 league games. Less than that and we are highly likely to be in a really poor position by the time the semi-final roles around. If we can take 6 then we would go into the Celtic home game in a far more positive frame of mind. 

I think six points mate . This stutters start could turn in to something a lot worse when we play the OF in a short space of weeks

August Landmesser
8 hours ago, Heres Rixxy said:

5 of the starting 11 had played the full 120 prior, plus Aribo started having played 105 mins. 3 of those 5 were part of their back 4 for the SC final.

I guess that's why OF players are paid the big bucks - better fitness, quicker recovery times, higher stamina and more skill to balance any tiredness etc

3 hours ago, chrisyboy7 said:

It's depressing reading.....been at them all.....so many other disappointments too in Glasgow. We really are an underachieving club...But hopefully this changes soon and we can get dome good results...hard work is required.

Was 15 , cup final 1976, beaten 3-1 , bottles all over the terracing, nightmare of a day.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

A proper manager gets the boys believing they can win every single week, thats what i want to see, i dont think these players believe they can win away from home currently, that must change asap.

1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

A proper manager gets the boys believing they can win every single week, thats what i want to see, i dont think these players believe they can win away from home currently, that must change asap.

I would love to see that too . Hopefully that is what transpires but I share your pessimism . I have only a small amount of faith and belief in the team management 

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Unfortunately we've blown a brilliant chance already to have built momentum ! We had great start to the season fixture wise and have taken one point from Motherwell , Kilmarnock , Dundee and St Mirren 

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Unfortunately we've blown a brilliant chance already to have built momentum ! We had great start to the season fixture wise and have taken one point from Motherwell , Kilmarnock , Dundee and St Mirren 

Yip pretty shit stuff . I prefer Rangers or Celtic away as first game . Always have 

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Was 15 , cup final 1976, beaten 3-1 , bottles all over the terracing, nightmare of a day.

To say nothing of the constant rain and the poor quality of 70s waterproofs.

I shiver just thinking about it, even now.

Also remember reaching Corstorphine on the way home, some poor fan's car conked out at a set of traffic lights. He got out and kicked it wildly. Still didn't start. He'll be home by now.

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Not sure that's relevant to the current state of Kilmarnock's pitch and the fact they knocked out Celtic? 

It’s very relevant because in recent years we still find it easier to win at Killie than at Aberdeen so Aberdeen away is a harder game for us.  

Not sure how relevant them knocking out Celtic is.  Surely no more relevant than them losing to Ross County and drawing with Hibs in their last 2 home games?  Killie started well but have lost form.  Unsurprisingly as they are pretty pish. 

2 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

To say nothing of the constant rain and the poor quality of 70s waterproofs.

I shiver just thinking about it, even now.

Also remember reaching Corstorphine on the way home, some poor fan's car conked out at a set of traffic lights. He got out and kicked it wildly. Still didn't start. He'll be home by now.

Aye cars were unreliable back then, 😕went through on the centurian bus that day, guid bus.

Fozzyonthefence
24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I would love to see that too . Hopefully that is what transpires but I share your pessimism . I have only a small amount of faith and belief in the team management 

I don’t have any more belief than that in the players. 

Ricardo Quaresma
8 hours ago, Bindy Badgy said:

We had them in the Scottish Cup semi in 1996.

6 hours ago, jamboozy said:

Forgot about that game.👍

That video's so bad, it should be removed from the internet; enough to make people ill :lol:

Try this one:

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

May 2016, Dauda with the only goal. 

Over 7 years!  Against them ffs!  One season in the Championship of course, but still an abysmal record.

49 minutes ago, kevin_hmfc said:

To win this cup it's probably gonna be Hibs in the final 

That semi final could go either way, Hibs are back to thinking they are world beaters. I watched some of their game last night and they were absolutely hopeless until the first goal. They are still soft as anything at the back but their fans think they are going to horse us when we play. Nothing better than them being confident in the lead up to our games. The boy from my work actually wants to play us in the final as he reckons they will beat us. Don't forget this is the same squad of players who lost to a pub team in Andorra. 

14 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I don’t have any more belief than that in the players. 

I do . A good manager would have them top three so far this season imho

10 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

That semi final could go either way, Hibs are back to thinking they are world beaters. I watched some of their game last night and they were absolutely hopeless until the first goal. They are still soft as anything at the back but their fans think they are going to horse us when we play. Nothing better than them being confident in the lead up to our games. The boy from my work actually wants to play us in the final as he reckons they will beat us. Don't forget this is the same squad of players who lost to a pub team in Andorra. 

Yea 

Just saying the draw is a disaster 

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

So when semi tickets go on sale is it ST holders for first pick.

Could be, could be 20 LP, which ST holders get for their purchase also; that's been done for Finals before

29 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

That video's so bad, it should be removed from the internet; enough to make people ill :lol:

Try this one:

The celebrations when the winner went in was unbelievable.

Fozzyonthefence
25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I do . A good manager would have them top three so far this season imho

On what basis?  Robbie didn’t manage it last season - didn’t you think he was a good manager?  Pretty much the same group of players that downed tools for the previous manager (although he admittedly gave them a big helping hand).  What have you seen to suggest they won’t do that again if they haven’t already done so?  

I certainly wouldn’t trust this group of players as far as I could throw them and definitely not on the back of the performances against Dundee, St Mirren, Motherwell, Killie (home).  Unfortunately still a lot of deadwood needing cleared out.  Have to hope that the players returning from long term injuries will make a significant difference otherwise it’s going to be a long, hard season irrespective of who the manager is. 

Ricardo Quaresma
12 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

The celebrations when the winner went in was unbelievable.

Yeah, no wonder, shearer scoring the equaliser with the flat bit of his ten bob bit heid :lol:

Up pops Johnston with the winner

It would have been a travesty if the sheep won that, there should only ever have been one winner; they made a lot of slack passes, giving the ball to a better team

Ricardo Quaresma

This is the Final, though

We win this game, we'll win the whole thing

Should also make up a wee bit more cash that was lost after not getting 3rd

14 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Yeah, no wonder, shearer scoring the equaliser with the flat bit of his ten bob bit heid :lol:

Up pops Johnston with the winner

It would have been a travesty if the sheep won that, there should only ever have been one winner; they made a lot of slack passes, giving the ball to a better team

👍

36 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

This is the Final, though

We win this game, we'll win the whole thing

Should also make up a wee bit more cash that was lost after not getting 3rd

Maybe a tiny bit. 

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It’s very relevant because in recent years we still find it easier to win at Killie than at Aberdeen so Aberdeen away is a harder game for us.  

Not sure how relevant them knocking out Celtic is.  Surely no more relevant than them losing to Ross County and drawing with Hibs in their last 2 home games?  Killie started well but have lost form.  Unsurprisingly as they are pretty pish. 

Hearts record against Kilmarnock, home and away, is pretty dire. As for how relevant Killie beating Celtic was, do you not think their tails were up after putting out the winners and the club who have hoovered up 99% of the trophies in Scotland recently? As well as being the league champions? 

20 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

3pm Sunday 🤦🏻 

Just hope scotrail can cope. They are a joke 

A whole lot better than 12.15 or some such shit. 

1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

So when semi tickets go on sale is it ST holders for first pick.

That or loyalty points but anyone who wants a ticket will get one.

54 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

3pm Sunday 🤦🏻 

Just hope scotrail can cope. They are a joke 

Plenty trains to Glasgow on a Sunday.

Half hourly service  via Bathgate and a half hourly service  via Falkirk High.

17 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

We could play it at Tynecastle and folk would still moan.😁

We could but we'd need to fill in the corners and put another tier on top of the Wheatfield to accommodate demand, don't know if that's been discussed anywhere else on JKB.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Plenty trains to Glasgow on a Sunday.

Half hourly service  via Bathgate and a half hourly service  via Falkirk High.

It’s more the getting back from Hampden to Central. It was terrible for the final and that was a Saturday . Took hours to get back 

1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

It’s more the getting back from Hampden to Central. It was terrible for the final and that was a Saturday . Took hours to get back 

It is walkable. Also go out on to the main road and you'll get a bus or a taxi. Why did it take you hours to get back to Central? I was at the game and I was back in the city centre for 6pm. That was by train. 

10 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

It is walkable. Also go out on to the main road and you'll get a bus or a taxi. Why did it take you hours to get back to Central? I was at the game and I was back in the city centre for 6pm. That was by train. 

It is walkable but got young kids .  So will attempt the train and If  no good will go for the bus. 

Every train that came in only had 2 carriages for some reason 🤣 

Always the same with events at Hampden whether  it’s football or gigs . They really should put more trains/ carriages on . 

19 hours ago, cazzyy said:

Aye? Cup finals? Thankfully we got rid of him. 😄

So are you trying to say we should have kept him? His time was up, the football was shite by the end. Jack Ross got Hibs 3rd remember, and he was a Neilson clone. He got us to 2 cup finals but really the first time only had to beat Hibs in the semi when Stendel done the hard work by beating Rangers at home. We should have won that final vs Celtic, they were there for the taking under Lennon. We came close obviously, but ultimately not enough. The final vs Rangers was a disgrace, embarrassing actually. We got outplayed by Hibs in the semi and they had 10 men! 😂

Edited by Arthur Morgan

I presume its a 50/50 split for tickets in the league Cup?? If so, should get 22,000 tickets or so, meaning anyone wanting a ticket will get one, with unfortunately a few thousand left over.

40 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

So are you trying to say we should have kept him? His time was up, the football was shite by the end. Jack Ross got Hibs 3rd remember, and he was a Neilson clone. He got us to 2 cup finals but really the first time only had to beat Hibs in the semi when Stendel done the hard work by beating Rangers at home. We should have won that final vs Celtic, they were there for the taking under Lennon. We came close obviously, but ultimately not enough. The final vs Rangers was a disgrace, embarrassing actually. We got outplayed by Hibs in the semi and they had 10 men! 😂

That's some rant 😄 

You originally just said that he had taken us as far as he could after Rangers  and I pointed out that he got us to a cup final, not much further we could have gone.

He wasn't sacked for taking us as far as he could, it was because we were regressing.

2 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

That's some rant 😄 

You originally just said that he had taken us as far as he could after Rangers  and I pointed out that he got us to a cup final, not much further we could have gone.

He wasn't sacked for taking us as far as he could, it was because we were regressing.

Winning it? 

• davemclaren changed the title to We're going to Hampden! - Semi final : Hearts v Rangers - tickets on sale