We're going to Hampden! - Semi final : Hearts v Rangers - tickets on sale

tartofmidlothian

24 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

I get the logic of wanting county but I’d really love to see us do Aberdeen at Hampden. 

Hearts V Aberdeen

Rangers V St Mirren 

Hearts v St Mirren final. Get revenge for 2013 10 years on 

St Mirren worry be a bit for some reason. I'd prefer Aberdeen or Hibs.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir PH

• Luckies1874

• PapaShango

• Wee Mikey

tartofmidlothian
1 hour ago, Chimp said:

Seeing Gordon lift the trophy would be the stuff of dreams, a proper fairytale ending. Seeing that man lift a trophy for us as captain at the end of his career would just be unbelievable.

Even if he wasn't quite there and had to do a John Robertson in '88, it would still be special.

Sinbad the Sailor
1 hour ago, Chimp said:

Seeing Gordon lift the trophy would be the stuff of dreams, a proper fairytale ending. Seeing that man lift a trophy for us as captain at the end of his career would just be unbelievable.

Now you're talking Chimp now you're talking 👏👍

2 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I think there is one on each day, and it would depend on who gets through tonight. Aberdeen and Rangers have Euro ties the following Thursday, there is a midweek card prior to the semi in the League, premature to say its Saturday I think

And we play Livi the Wed before,it's funny how often teams end up playing each other in cups right after league games- wee omen for tonight?

14 hours ago, Morgan said:

If, and it's a big if, Rangers go out, we can go all the way!  ❤️❤️

We can do that anyway mate, theyre not invincible. 

Every time I see this thread, I keep saying in my head  "We're going to Hampden again!" in big Zal's accent from the video clip where he shouts it from the team bus.

1 hour ago, bigdav said:

And we play Livi the Wed before,it's funny how often teams end up playing each other in cups right after league games- wee omen for tonight?

My Predictions for the Semis

Hearts v Livi

Sheep v St Mirren 😁

Montgomery Brewster
3 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

I thought the final had been permanently shifted from the winter after the 1996 fiasco ? 

Obviously not 

periodictabledancer
3 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Did they not move it to Feb for a few years but moved it back because it was becoming too drawn out.

I thought it was because of 1996. 

But whatever, maybe global warming has lessened the threat of the 1996 match day snowstorms. :lol:

9 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Revenge against st bribery please, still haven't forgiven them for that cup final in 2013!! 

And for some of us of a certain vintage, 1987!  A time when Hearts came ever so close, ever so often, and we had to watch as another golden opportunity in a semi final passed us by and they went on to beat Dundee Utd in the final. 

1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

And for some of us of a certain vintage, 1987!  A time when Hearts came ever so close, ever so often, and we had to watch as another golden opportunity in a semi final passed us by and they went on to beat Dundee Utd in the final. 

That was a double sickener as they followed up their unexpected win over us with an unexpected win over Utd which meant we lost out on a European place as well. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, bigdav said:

Not sure thats a good thing after last season! Ross County would be nice, though I suspect Hibs, Aberdeen and Rangers will join us

16 hours ago, Morgan said:

If, and it's a big if, Rangers go out, we can go all the way!  ❤️❤️

We've never beaten Rangers in a semi-final in our history

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

That was a double sickener as they followed up their unexpected win over us with an unexpected win over Utd which meant we lost out on a European place as well. 

Definitely. When you look back at that period it was a special time but my God; Dens nightmare, St Mirren semi-final, Henry semi-final and then into the Airdrie horror shows. Crazy to think it was a full decade+ after the St Mirren defeat (and then the likes of the 4-4 pen loss again at Dens, other cup shockers like 2-4 at home to St Johnstone, 96 Final humping and close but no cigar 3-4 at Parkhead) before the never to be forgotten day! 

Edited by Luckies1874

46 minutes ago, oil rig jambo said:

We've never beaten Rangers in a semi-final in our history

Also never beaten them at Hampden in our history! 

I want Aberdeen in the semi and Rangers in the final.  Don't particularly want to win it by beating some diddy team like St Mirren or Livi or RC.

:muggy:

• davemclaren changed the title to We're going to Hampden! - Semi final draw
7 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Aberdeen for us please. Hoping for a Hearts v Rangers final. 

Not for me. I'd like to get rid of Rangers in the semi final if possible. A final without one of the Old Firm would be very refreshing. 

Edited by Sir PH

6 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Also never beaten them at Hampden in our history! 

Our record against Rangers can never improve since they died in 2012.

3 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Not for me. I'd like to get rid of Rangers in the semi final if possible. A final without one of the Old Firm would be very refreshing. 

Normally I want the weakest team in the draw but I agree with you. 

It’s very difficult to beat am OF team in a final.  

colinmorewasgash

If Hubz get sevco they ll beat them in semi. Old and new Sevco crazy as it is havent beaten hibs at hampden since scottish cup final in 79. The only time they hve since then was at parkhead not hampden.

2 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Rangers or Aberdeen, both still concentrating on their European games. Perfect time to play either of them for me. Don't think Rangers are really firing yet either. 

I’m easy with anyone in the draw. 

Get Aberdeen - we’re better and means Hibs get rangers.

Get Rangers - Rather get them in the semi than the final. 

Hibs - we could play the B team and go through. 

Just now, Sarah O said:

Wonder if they will attempt to play both semis at Hampden on the same day again 😂😂😂😂

play them all  1 kick off  at 12 next 1 at 3 then final at 8

• davemclaren changed the title to We're going to Hampden! - Semi final : Hearts v Rangers - tickets on sale