• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir PH

• Luckies1874

• PapaShango

• Wee Mikey

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

hardest draw again, but no one cares.

Chances are you'll have to play one half of the duopoly on the way to winning a cup.Β 

Β 

Get to enough semis and finals and the cup will be on the way to Gorgie sooner or later.

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Chances are you'll have to play one half of the duopoly on the way to winning a cup.Β 

Β 

Get to enough semis and finals and the cup will be on the way to Gorgie sooner or later.

i think the fact we’ve been to just two finals for the league cup since last winning it over 60 years ago suggests otherwise :lol:Β 

Β 

Β 

Be nice if Hearts could become another banana skin in the recent history of Rangers.Β 
Β 

Other sides seemed to have shown more against them in cup matches in recent years (thinking St Johnstone and unfortunately the Vermin) and league games. Β 
Β 

We used to be that kind of team….what seems like many moons ago now. Β 

8 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Well tbf one could interpret it either way , playing them at Hampden in a final or semi final . He didn’t explicitly which . So In conclusion we are all correct .Β 
Β 

Β 

settiedΒ 

I can confirm I meant would love an Aberdeen,Β  Hearts finalΒ  as I couldn't remeber the last time we actually played them at Hampden,Β  not specifically in the final. πŸ™‚

19 minutes ago, King prawn said:

i think the fact we’ve been to just two finals for the league cup since last winning it over 60 years ago suggests otherwise :lol:Β 

Β 

Β 

Exactly. Get to more of them and it's in the bag 😁

12 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I can confirm I meant would love an Aberdeen,Β  Hearts finalΒ  as I couldn't remeber the last time we actually played them at Hampden,Β  not specifically in the final. πŸ™‚

Scottish cup final in 86 πŸ˜– Don’t really want to talk about that week.😐

4 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Scottish cup final in 86 πŸ˜– Don’t really want to talk about that week.😐

Β 

We had them in the Scottish Cup semi in 1996.

Β 

Β 

58 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Β 

Killie away was the hardest in the quarters, just seems we dont get any breaks.

13 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Β 

We had them in the Scottish Cup semi in 1996.

Β 

Β 

Β 

I remember my dad coming home from that one and waking me up pissed :lol:Β said he would take me to the cup final (which he unfortunately did)Β 

Β 

Β 

9 hours ago, jambmoz said:

When did we last beat Rangers in a cup game Glasgow?? We must be overdue a result. I’ve been going since 85 and don’t recall one.

Β 

You mean besides winning the scottish in 98

Β 

9 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

FS, final, semi-final, all you lot :lol:

Β 

He shot himself, no he shit himself, no he shot himself, no he shit himself :lol:

Mona, Mona, Mona....

Β 

(wondering how many other people will get this....!)

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Killie away was the hardest in the quarters, just seems we dont get any breaks.

Really?

Harder than Rangers home or away?

St mirren, Hibs or Aberdeen away?

It was no where near the hardestΒ 

14 minutes ago, bigmack said:

Really?

Who was the team that put out Celtic.

Maybe u forgot that one.

And that joke of a pitch.

Only harder is Rangers away, give u that.

Edited by Harry Potter

19 minutes ago, bigmack said:

Really?

After Rangers, I would say Killie was the hardest away fixture. Especially on that pitch and with them having knocked out Celtic.Β 

Since I started following Hearts in the mid 80's I can count 4 semi final losses in the LC, 1 final loss along with 2 SC Final losses (plus the 98 win)! All but two were at Hampden and in the games there we have only scored 1 goal against them, the 96 final.

Β 

1988 - 3-0 loss in LC semi

1996 - 5-1 loss in SC Final

1996 - 4-3 loss in LC Final

1998 - 2-1 win SC Final

2003 - 1-0 loss in LC Semi

2007 - 2-0 loss in LC Semi

2019 - 3-0 loss in LC semi

2022 - 2-0 loss is SC Final

Β 

That record is brutal especially at Hampden where we have scored 1 goal against them in 6 games. Surely we are due to give them one at some point.Β 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, jambmoz said:

Maybe missed one, but iam getting onπŸ˜‚

May 16th 1998 was the greatest day of my life so far πŸ˜‚.

15 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Since I started following Hearts in the mid 80's I can count 4 semi final losses in the LC, 1 final loss along with 2 SC Final losses (plus the 98 win)! All but two were at Hampden and in the games there we have only scored 1 goal against them, the 96 final.

Β 

1998 - 2-1 win SC Final

Β 

That record is brutal especially at Hampden where we have scored 1 goal against them in 6 games. Surely we are due to give them one at some point.Β 

Terrible reading , that 5-1 was really horribleΒ 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, May one-six said:

Snap! (User name might give it awayπŸ˜€)

Only just realised that 😱🀦🏽πŸ€ͺπŸ˜‚

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, bigmack said:

Really?

Spot on, Kilmarnock have tailed off as most Mcinnes teams do when they go to a back 4 and have to attack.Β 

25 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Β 

1998 - 2-1 win SC Final

Β 

It's depressing reading.....been at them all.....so many other disappointments too in Glasgow. We really are an underachieving club...But hopefully this changes soon and we can get dome good results...hard work is required.

3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

No point in pretending it's anything but the worst possible draw, we can be guaranteed hubz/sheep were more than happy to dodge it.

Yeah know what your saying, but likely if we avoided them here we would have them in the final. Its a tough draw, hopefully we see an improvement of previous games against them at Hampden.Β 

AlphonseCapone

Buzzing for this, semi-finals and finals at Hampden are what it's all about. The previous stats mean **** all, it's 11 v 11 on the day.

3 hours ago, New Town Loafer said:

We’ll beat them. Due a performance against them and they’re shite. And I hate them.Β 

They have a weaker team than the Scottish final so hopefully due a win GuysΒ 

Howdy Doody Jambo
3 minutes ago, ayeken said:

Looking back at last year, the dates and KO times of the semi finals were confirmed on the Friday after the draw so hopefully find out tomorrow.

You would think that the football association and TV company could prepare for a semi final draw with the 3 permitations taken into account beforehand thereby making an announcement instantly after the semis are announcedΒ 

12 hours ago, the posh bit said:

Β 

Surprised someone hasn't started a thread blaming Robbie Neilson for the League Cup Semi Final draw.Β 

Surprised anybody would post that pish….

7 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Β 

One of my MANY Old Squirm "corruption confirmed" moments.Β 

Β 

So blatant.Β 

You have only got to look at the first goal they got last night - a clear and blatant foul against Brandon in the build up ignored by the referee and VAR.

Anyone who thinks that VAR will stop the cheating on the Old Firms behalf is living in laa laa Β land. Β Bet your bottom dollar either Beaton or Walsh will be given our semi.

1 minute ago, Deevers said:

You have only got to look at the first goal they got last night - a clear and blatant foul against Brandon in the build up ignored by the referee and VAR.

Anyone who thinks that VAR will stop the cheating on the Old Firms behalf is living in laa laa Β land. Β Bet your bottom dollar either Beaton or Walsh will be given our semi.

Matches refereed by OF biased referees and VAR run by OF biased ex-referees! 😏

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Β 

You are correct however the challenge is actually getting to League Cup Finals x2 (β€˜96 & β€˜13) is it in my supporting life time ….Β 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

You were going to have to beat them in Glasgow to win it, I'd rather it was the semi, since we are not in tournaments, just to get to the final, I'd rather play them on a day where the trophy is not handed out.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Definitely Beaton. Absolute given.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hope we are on the Saturday. Save me taking a day off on the Monday.

If you can let Mr M. Beale, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow know, he is deciding this morning

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Sir PH said:

After Rangers, I would say Killie was the hardest away fixture. Especially on that pitch and with them having knocked out Celtic.Β 

No, we haven’t won at Aberdeen for how many years?!

2 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

You were going to have to beat them in Glasgow to win it, I'd rather it was the semi, since we are not in tournaments, just to get to the final, I'd rather play them on a day where the trophy is not handed out.

Β 

That's my take on it. Obviously, finals are a good day out but, I would prefer to be going into it knowing that we're probably favourites. It also makes it easier to get tickets.

Mate from work is a season ticket holder at Ibrox and he said to me today that if Hearts have a real go then we will win, says Rangers are rotten.

Β 

Thing is we will probably play a containing game and hand them the match.

13 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

No, we haven’t won at Aberdeen for how many years?!

Not sure that's relevant to the current state of Kilmarnock's pitch and the fact they knocked out Celtic?Β 

• davemclaren changed the title to We're going to Hampden! - Semi final : Hearts v Rangers - tickets on sale