We're going to Hampden! - Semi final : Hearts v Rangers - tickets on sale

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

First time in 18 months, draw after the matches tomorrow, game happening at the start of November.

This is a massive chance for everyone else with Celtic being out, we need to go all out for it.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir PH

• Luckies1874

• PapaShango

• Wee Mikey

tartofmidlothian
2 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

Will we have Gordon, halks, oda, tagawa and Cochrane back as that would give us options.

McKay too?

3 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

Will we have Gordon, halks, oda, tagawa and Cochrane back as that would give us options.

Hope so. Lowry will be ineligible as we'll be drawn against Sevco

Posted this on the match thread but probably better here...

Absolutely buzzing tonight!!!

I am desperate to see us win this cup.

Getting into European football is great, making the groups last year was fantastic but nothing, nothing will ever come close the joy I get when Hearts go deep in a tournament we can actually win, or the pure elation on those rare, rare occasions when we do actually lift the trophy.

The League Cup, the Scottish Cup. Without question my favourite elements of each season and the two tournaments capable of giving me the most joy and the greatest disappointment each year.

Hampden here we come...

tartofmidlothian
1 minute ago, JamboGraham said:

Posted this on the match thread but probably better here...

Absolutely buzzing tonight!!!

I am desperate to see us win this cup.

Getting into European football is great, making the groups last year was fantastic but nothing, nothing will ever come close the joy I get when Hearts go deep in a tournament we can actually win, or the pure elation on those rare, rare occasions when we do actually lift the trophy.

The League Cup, the Scottish Cup. Without question my favourite elements of each season and the two tournaments capable of giving me the most joy and the greatest disappointment each year.

Hampden here we come...

Spot on. A cup is a bit of history,  not like getting third. No-one remembers our dull mid-table finish from 2012.

I've been telling folk for a few years that we'll win the League Cup before we win the Scottish again, just a hunch.

1 minute ago, SectionN said:

What players will be back from Injury for the semi? 

Benni & Haring back to full fitness and playing regularly I will settle for. 

Gordon and Halkett little chance of being match fit by then but you never know

We want Livi and Ross County to shiteball their way to 1-0 wins.

Ross County in the semi, and Hibs in the final please. That game will take care of itself. 

5 minutes ago, SectionN said:

What players will be back from Injury for the semi? 

Not sure but hopefully Atkinson is not serious and possibly Gordon and Halkett. Think McKay is out long term. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, tian447 said:

We want Livi and Ross County to shiteball their way to 1-0 wins.

Ross County in the semi, and Hibs in the final please. That game will take care of itself. 

I'd rather take Aberdeen over county tbh!

A livi win would really get the juices flowing.

If we win the lc I fully expect the world to explode.

13 minutes ago, red said:

Mackay & Cochrane?

Tagawa, Halliday, Oda should be back playing. 

12 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

Not sure but hopefully Atkinson is not serious and possibly Gordon and Halkett. Think McKay is out long term. 

Hoping Atkinson is just bad swelling but it looked a sore one.

I heard 2 months for Mackay. That’s been a few weeks so it could be tight.

Just now, SectionN said:

Hoping Atkinson is just bad swelling but it looked a sore one.

I heard 2 months for Mackay. That’s been a few weeks so it could be tight.

Cheers. I thought I’d read Barrie could be out for the season so hopefully I’m wrong. 

Cochrane could be back too. 

Excited!

I will be in Edinburgh that weekend so will be desperately seeking a ticket for the match. I don't mind who we play as long as it's not Rangers.

Fozzyonthefence
44 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Excited!

I will be in Edinburgh that weekend so will be desperately seeking a ticket for the match. I don't mind who we play as long as it's not Rangers.

You won’t have any problems getting a ticket!

1 hour ago, No Idle Talk said:

Excited!

You do realise that it WILL be Rangers, right.

8 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Hearts vs Livi final please! Great to be going back to Hampden though - always a good day out (bar the result, usually).

That would do just fine 

Would be some turn around for Gordon if almost a year to the day he broke his leg he was walking up the Hampden stairs to lift the trophy on the 17th December. We have a great chance here, Rangers not exactly firing on all cylinders and the mhanks already out. Hopefully Livi and St Mirren progress tonight along with Ross County. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Listening to Radio Scotland on the way home, they made a point of saying our semi will be on the Saturday. Is that confirmed or a mistake by them? 

I think there is one on each day, and it would depend on who gets through tonight. Aberdeen and Rangers have Euro ties the following Thursday, there is a midweek card prior to the semi in the League, premature to say its Saturday I think

10 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Excited!

You'll be better placed in Glasgow!

Imagine tickets will be easy enough to get if we avoid Rangers. Hearts v Aberdeen to see who is really the 3rd biggest...

10 hours ago, red said:

Haring? Really?

7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You'll be better placed in Glasgow!

Imagine tickets will be easy enough to get if we avoid Rangers. Hearts v Aberdeen to see who is really the 3rd biggest...

That was settled in 1996 with a 3pm kick off in a Hampden semi final. 

periodictabledancer
11 hours ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Semi-final ties are due to be played on the weekend of November 4/5, with the final scheduled for Sunday, December 17.

I thought the final had been permanently shifted from the winter after the 1996 fiasco ? 

1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

Would be some turn around for Gordon if almost a year to the day he broke his leg he was walking up the Hampden stairs to lift the trophy on the 17th December. We have a great chance here, Rangers not exactly firing on all cylinders and the mhanks already out. Hopefully Livi and St Mirren progress tonight along with Ross County. 

Seeing Gordon lift the trophy would be the stuff of dreams, a proper fairytale ending. Seeing that man lift a trophy for us as captain at the end of his career would just be unbelievable.

Love Hampden days out. They really are Hearts 'family' days by car, trains and buses. Be nice for the new boys at the club to experience running out onto the pitch to a full Hearts end welcome. Always a proud moment. Be interesting this time with the extra Ultra's noise. Can't wait..

3 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Seeing Gordon lift the trophy would be the stuff of dreams, a proper fairytale ending. Seeing that man lift a trophy for us as captain at the end of his career would just be unbelievable.

Would be fantastic to eventually win this trophy, first time in years I've felt we are right in about it and got a chance. The injured players might be coming back at the perfect time for us. 

4 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Would be fantastic to eventually win this trophy, first time in years I've felt we are right in about it and got a chance. The injured players might be coming back at the perfect time for us. 

With Celtic being knocked out and Rangers looking poor this really is as big a chance as we could get for a good while. Currently I'd say we don't have the squad for it but yeah with the injured players we have coming back they could be the difference.

I get the logic of wanting county but I’d really love to see us do Aberdeen at Hampden. 

Hearts V Aberdeen

Rangers V St Mirren 

Hearts v St Mirren final. Get revenge for 2013 10 years on 

• davemclaren changed the title to We're going to Hampden! - Semi final : Hearts v Rangers - tickets on sale