• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Pasquale for King

Ricardo Quaresma
33 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

I tend to agree! I don't think with the players we have that we have what takes to beat teams that play anti football. I think we have some really good footballers at the club. But unfortunately the only teams in the SPL that attempt any kind of football are Celtic, Rangers Us and Hibs. Aberdeen definitely don't play football. The problem is you play the rest it is just a battle they sit deep and wait. Yes sometime it works for them,but come on this is 2023 the football that the rest play is horrific and is to the detriment of our game. Unless 10 out of the 12 teams in our league suddenly become interested in playing anything that resembles football our game in Scotland is ****ed.

So, you think it's Burley season Inverness, but no Rudi Skácel?

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, KG1874 said:

3-0 the famous. Someone mentioned they have only played bottom 6 sides so the unbeaten record isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. 

They beat 'well away last week

I stated that Kettlewell would get sussed; he did

The White Cockade

Anybody who thinks we’ll win 3-0 must have forgotten our last 3 years or more away form

i’d be happy with a draw to be honest 

Remember how bad we were at Dens?

3 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Anybody who thinks we’ll win 3-0 must have forgotten our last 3 years or more away form

That was poor, we have to hope that whatever's new is starting to click.

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Pretty certain we will lose this. We are far too lightweight, it is away from home and I just don't believe we truly have the fight or desire. 

Pretty certain that was your stance last Friday as well.

6 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

Finally someone speaking the truth

9 hours ago, Philfigo said:

I tend to agree! I don't think with the players we have that we have what takes to beat teams that play anti football. I think we have some really good footballers at the club. But unfortunately the only teams in the SPL that attempt any kind of football are Celtic, Rangers Us and Hibs. Aberdeen definitely don't play football. The problem is you play the rest it is just a battle they sit deep and wait. Yes sometime it works for them,but come on this is 2023 the football that the rest play is horrific and is to the detriment of our game. Unless 10 out of the 12 teams in our league suddenly become interested in playing anything that resembles football our game in Scotland is ****ed.

This. As soon as we go a goal down its game over, the players aren't good enough to play through 10 men, seen against Dundee and Motherwell. Or Killie when they were happy with the point. First goal is vital for me, come out flying and get an early goal and I think we beat most of them as they'll have then to  play.

The performances in Europe (at home) were night and day compared to the league games I mentioned, for me it has to be that the other team has come to to play, leaving space for our players to go and play football, as you say. 

Whether we can afford the next level of player that can break down a whole team sitting in is questionable. Hibs will get pumped because they'll turn up thining they are Brazil making it game on. 

i wish jj was my dad
6 hours ago, cazzyy said:

Pretty certain that was your stance last Friday as well.

Correct. And headed for the hills when his weekend was ruined. 

9 hours ago, KG1874 said:

3-0 the famous. Someone mentioned they have only played bottom 6 sides so the unbeaten record isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. 

Away from home we very much are bottom six. We are a completely different animal at home but our away form would see us in relegation battles most seasons.

3 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Have you ever been to Tynecastle?

I was at the game v St Mirren when we lost (2 nil iirc) and Rowles got his head flushed down the toilet by the big bully man. I seen enough that day (and that was at home) to know that we will get battered again today. Think it may have been Robbie's last game but may be wrong.

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I was at the game v St Mirren when we lost (2 nil iirc) and Rowles got his head flushed down the toilet by the big bully man. I seen enough that day (and that was at home) to know that we will get battered again today. Think it may have been Robbie's last game but may be wrong.

Were you at the various games where we beat st mirren recently, including on their patch?

Just for you to know we'll get battered today, thats all.

One of the numerous benefits to Hearts playing well is your disappearance from the terrace. For that alone, come on Naisy!!

9 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

This.  Our away form and weak mentality is easily bottom 6 and amongst the worst in the league.  Ingrained in the club since Levein and Neilsons reigns. Whatever the Fek needs to happen to get rid of it needs to happen. Hopefully Naismith can do it.  
Dundee away there just typified the state of us.

hope today changes it

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Boring score draw and everbody oot.

Its going to be a tough week on here.

Shouldn't be a tough week here or anywhere else for Hearts supporters! It's bloody St Mirren , Kilmarnock and Ross County for goodness sake , all 3 put together probably don't even match our resources 

Don’t know what it is about playing through there but I’ve got the fear. I can see a draw, but for some reason I can’t fathom a win right now. Desperately hope I’m proved wrong, as on paper we’re the better side.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Seriously some of the losers mentality within our support at times is staggering ! With our resources we should be going to places like this and getting 3pts 8 times out of 10

Selkirkhmfc1874

Expecting nothing less than 3pts today and I fancy us to get them ! Just heading for bus to gala now to get 9.55am train to Edinburgh and very confident! Mon the Jambos 

Feels like a big game today in terms of what we can expect for the rest of the season. We’ve already had the totally unacceptable standard (or worse than standard) away performance at Dens - laughable starting line-up, players who looked as if they had never met let alone trained together, effort and urgency non-existent until we predictably went a goal down, etc. 

Today we’re facing a much better team than Dundee. Have lessons been learned? Huge test for the players and management. 

Francis Albert

Hope we don't approach this with the mindset that because St Mirren are sitting second this is a very tough game and a draw would be a good result

Comfortable 2-0 win for the home side. Despite a good win against a poor Aberdeen side last week, I am not convinced we have what it takes this season to win these away games. Hope I’m wrong.

42 minutes ago, Tamflogel98 said:

Looking for one adult & child for today if anyone selling , dm me thanks

Not sure slave trading is allowed on here , but if my daughter does not going to sleep a bit better at nights then I might be able to fix you up with half of your wish list 

Pasquale for King

A bit of understandable doom and gloom about today, I think if we match them tempo wise we will be fine and Shankland will be back on the scoresheet. 

1 hour ago, leginten said:

Feels like a big game today in terms of what we can expect for the rest of the season. We’ve already had the totally unacceptable standard (or worse than standard) away performance at Dens - laughable starting line-up, players who looked as if they had never met let alone trained together, effort and urgency non-existent until we predictably went a goal down, etc. 

Today we’re facing a much better team than Dundee. Have lessons been learned? Huge test for the players and management. 

Agree.  Of course, you can’t guarantee a result but the players really need to to show some minerals and at least approach the game with a positive mindset with little apprehension. 

The season needs to take off now performance wise but it’s also the managements job to make sure the motivation is there and we are focused on fine tuning our efforts even more.  A regression in performance in one week would be unacceptable.  

5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Agree.  Of course, you can’t guarantee a result but the players really need to to show some minerals and at least approach the game with a positive mindset with little apprehension. 

The season needs to take off now performance wise but it’s also the managements job to make sure the motivation is there and we are focused on fine tuning our efforts even more.  A regression in performance in one week would be unacceptable.  

This is the same for me . Otherwise we are still just in our erratic start to the season . Need to see a bit of character today 

11 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

They beat 'well away last week

I stated that Kettlewell would get sussed; he did

After one loss in a game they dominated? 

10 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

Certainly won’t be 3-0. Our away form is pathetic most likely we will get beat to be honest. Hopefully sneak this but my head says a draw.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

A bit of understandable doom and gloom about today, I think if we match them tempo wise we will be fine and Shankland will be back on the scoresheet. 

Our only player with pace today will be Vargas. No Tagawa or Oda still out with injuries.

9 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Our only player with pace today will be Vargas. No Tagawa or Oda still out with injuries.

Aye, but tempo and pace aren't the same thing, we've got plenty of goals in us. I fancy this.

10 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Forrest played quite well last week. Confidence is so important in this league, or maybe belief is a better word. Hopefully he got a wee boost last week because he’ll get a start imo. 

Diadora Van Basten

Clark

Atkinson Kent Rowles Kingsley

Devlin. Haring

Vargas Boyce. Lowry 

Shankland

Ricardo Quaresma
41 minutes ago, karipidis said:

After one loss in a game they dominated? 

What does that matter? Obviously not enough and we did that sort of thing quite recently too; was there 'aye, but we dominated' or was there 'nae points, sh!te, we need points!'

Anyway, this is off--topic

Into this mob, Hearts!!

:flag1:   :flag1:   :flag1:

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Not sure slave trading is allowed on here , but if my daughter does not going to sleep a bit better at nights then I might be able to fix you up with half of your wish list 

👏

It is imperative that we start well. Far too many games we have been lacklustre to begin with. We need to be on the front foot right from the off and not give them the chance to get a foothold in the game. Man for man we're the better team but if we play as we can then we should be too strong for them. Hopefully Naismith has them fired, three points here would be very welcone.

Going to be a very interesting afternoon. No excuses today, have had the weeks training that Naismith has said he's been needing to get everyone back doing what he wants them doing. After a decent performance and a good result last weekend it's now time to start showing some consistency and that he is capable of setting the team up to win games away from home. It's not going to be acceptable for us to turn up once a month and we are now sufficiently into the season that we need to be seeing signs of improvement both from individuals and as a collective.

I was disappointed to see Haring doing the press conference yesterday, usually a sign that a player is starting. We improved when he went off last week and it's long overdue that Hoff and/or Beningame are playing ahead of him beside Devlin. For me Hoff should start today in his place. I guess it will be a toss up between Forrest or Lowry to take Oda's spot. The midfield continues to be the problem area week in week out and is definitely a concern today given we know St Mirren will be well up for it. Considering Naismith's comments yesterday he knows we need a fast start, let's see if he gets it out of them.

I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt that the penny will have dropped and that the free midweek will help and be more positive than most: St Mirren 1 Hearts 2, and some much needed momentum.

Edited by Luckies1874

Tough game, but one I think we can win if we apply ourselves properly. 

If we're brave in possession and get Shankland and Boyce involved as much as possible I fancy us to score a couple. 

I really hope the defence can carry on from where they left off last week against the sheepies.

"Disaster, must win, imperative and the fear"

Well my name isn't in this mornings obituary - so I better go to the game and support my team.

F%%k em