*** Official St Mirren v Heart Of Midlothian thread ***

Selkirkhmfc1874

6 hours ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Don’t forget that they were tipped off that the league would be suspended before the game that resulted in our unfair demotion!

FFS :facepalm:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Pasquale for King

Ricardo Quaresma
7 hours ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Don’t forget that they were tipped off that the league would be suspended before the game that resulted in our unfair demotion!

Well, I heard that at the time; people will say that's hearsay

It's all done, though, mate, we can't change anything there, but we can change what we do from now onwards 👍

Log on. Ctrl F , "Must Win" - always one. Same as last week and the week before. Reminds me of when I "must" be right this week doing spot the ball. 

53 minutes ago, Berrassobad said:

Log on. Ctrl F , "Must Win" - always one. Same as last week and the week before. Reminds me of when I "must" be right this week doing spot the ball. 

It's a must win for Naismith as he could be out a job by November, if he doesn't get points on the board before Octobers run of games.

Anything less than 4 points from next two matches is a disaster for him and us.

4 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Not sure it's no longer a rule; ICT were excepted, as were others

I think any clubs wanting the same have to submit a request

Unless you have an article stating otherwise; do you?

Well, here is an article confirming the rule was scrapped, dated almost 20

years ago. is this the sort of thing you meant?

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12507799.spl-agree-unanimously-to-scrap-10000-seater-rule/

58 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

It's a must win for Naismith as he could be out a job by November, if he doesn't get points on the board before Octobers run of games.

In your opinion.

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I would say that our manager's rage, if any, ends with the final whistle, but last time I looked, robinson still had the child brain connected to the rage

Whether he’s raging or not lets not pretend he’s popular. 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Whether he’s raging or not lets not pretend he’s popular. 

With other teams? I hope not and I hope the seethe from them increases with each pumping :lol:

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

With other teams? I hope not and I hope the seethe from them increases with each pumping :lol:

What teams are you on about? You think he’s popular at Rangers/Celtic/Hibs/Aberdeen etc etc. Hes almost as unpopular as Scot Brown ffs. Not that I care what they think, but we haven’t pumped anyone bar Ross County. 

14 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not seen it either but the second challenge he took a piece of the ball and then the player, you cant do that nowadays and we were lucky it was outside the box and a yellow card offence so couldn’t be reviewed. 

Ricardo Quaresma
58 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What teams are you on about? You think he’s popular at Rangers/Celtic/Hibs/Aberdeen etc etc. Hes almost as unpopular as Scot Brown ffs. Not that I care what they think, but we haven’t pumped anyone bar Ross County. 

Yeah, they can all **** off

I don't have a problem with that, but not too many fans of other teams will admit that, not that I care

I don't want robinson at our club either

15 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Well, I heard that at the time; people will say that's hearsay

It's all done, though, mate, we can't change anything there, but we can change what we do from now onwards 👍

It’s absolutely true. Lawwell knew what was coming and told Fitzpatrick basically don’t lose and you’ll be safe. 

Source was a current St Mirren player. 

Captain Canada

We're far too timid away from home and they'll be right up for it. 

My prediction is a draw at best having been outworked and outfought for most of the game.

I hope I'm wrong, but we never seem to be motivated for these games. 

1 minute ago, Captain Canada said:

We're far too timid away from home and they'll be right up for it. 

My prediction is a draw at best having been outworked and outfought for most of the game.

I hope I'm wrong, but we never seem to be motivated for these games. 

We definitely need to up our performances and results away from home in general and have needed to for many years. 

But Bear in mind we are undefeated in 4 through there, having won 2 and drawn 2. 

41 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Win tomorrow and we’re 3rd. Not bad for a shite start to the season. 

Just win ffs. 

Yes. The other side of the coin is, lose and Naismith's head is on the block again while we hit the bottle as a dark autumn approaches...

:interehjrling:

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Win tomorrow and we’re 3rd. Not bad for a shite start to the season. 

Just win ffs. 

IMG_2919.gif.b98c53a8a9e9b49f5a52eee9441b29d2.gif

17 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Yes. The other side of the coin is, lose and Naismith's head is on the block again while we hit the bottle as a dark autumn approaches...

:interehjrling:

IMG_2889.gif.dcf5546711c6edeeddbc9500f9e46150.gif

6 minutes ago, Chimp said:

I fancy us tomorrow.

Vargas to score his first goal and a Kingsley free kick.

A goal from wee Kenny is definitely coming😍

Everyone including OF seem to find this a hard place to play.  I think we need to get stuck in and win the battle first then hopefully grab the points.

Everyone including OF seem to find this a hard place to play.  I think we need to get stuck in and win the battle first then hopefully grab the points.

1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

Yes. The cheeks have toiled there too.

Hopefully we'll be the first team in a while to wise-up and play SM at their own game. Keep it tight at the back and don't give away daft free kicks in our half.

Need mobility and spark from the middle. Can’t have Haring dithering and slowing it down but I’m not sure if Nieuwenhof will be started?  

Wouldn’t mind seeing what him and Cammy bring together.  

We know we have options and pace out wide. Need the players in the middle to find them quicker when they’ve got that moment of space to take the ball. 

1 hour ago, Chimp said:

I fancy us tomorrow.

Vargas to score his first goal and a Kingsley free kick.

Been a while since we've had a Kingsley screamer tbf, must be due one soon!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm hopeful every week we will have learned our lessons on our travels.......alas.....please surprise me, and let me be right for a change

Ricardo Quaresma
4 hours ago, DS98 said:

It’s absolutely true. Lawwell knew what was coming and told Fitzpatrick basically don’t lose and you’ll be safe. 

Source was a current St Mirren player. 

A current player?? 🤔

24 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

any team news? Oda? Tagawa? Offiah?

Edit: just seen this on the Evening News website - Meanwhile, Naismith also offered an update on the fitness of Yutaro Oda and the health of Odel Offiah, who returned on loan to Hearts from Brighton this week. Naismith added: "Yutaro (Oda), he'll miss out. Odell (Offiah) is back in the group. That's it. Yutaro is the only one who is going to miss out."

Edited by karipidis

On 21/09/2023 at 12:01, OmiyaHearts said:

In your opinion, in mine thats crap - one game in charge and one win - bed, pants, wet

Worthing Jambo
1 hour ago, DS98 said:

sorry, a player at the time. 

Was Fitzpatrick not quite open about it on a Sportsound podcast?

I was surprised more was not made of it at the time.

I think the performance that night was on everyone’s mind instead.

Small margins though, and an extra bit of effort on the night when you know survival depends on it.

They're a good team, we have to respect them, and we have to **** their midfield up with pressing IMO.

I think we're right to be nervous but at the same time we haven't lost there since that Stendel game, w2 D2.

****in intae thum!

Pretty certain we will lose this. We are far too lightweight, it is away from home and I just don't believe we truly have the fight or desire. 

7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Pretty certain we will lose this. We are far too lightweight, it is away from home and I just don't believe we truly have the fight or desire. 

Do you want a top up for your glass?

6 hours ago, cazzyy said:

That's not us doing another pre match press conference is it?  Our Selkirk based poster will be pleased.

He’ll be along on Monday complaining there’s been no St Mirren pre match press conference 

19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I tend to agree! I don't think with the players we have that we have what takes to beat teams that play anti football. I think we have some really good footballers at the club. But unfortunately the only teams in the SPL that attempt any kind of football are Celtic, Rangers Us and Hibs. Aberdeen definitely don't play football. The problem is you play the rest it is just a battle they sit deep and wait. Yes sometime it works for them,but come on this is 2023 the football that the rest play is horrific and is to the detriment of our game. Unless 10 out of the 12 teams in our league suddenly become interested in playing anything that resembles football our game in Scotland is ****ed.