• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Pasquale for King

I'll take a 1-2 at halftime, 2-3 fulltime result please. 

Mainly because I've included us on my "Both teams to score in both halves" weekly stupid Lucky 31 bet. 

If it comes in, it pays off the mortgage, and then some :lol:

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

This is the same for me . Otherwise we are still just in our erratic start to the season . Need to see a bit of character today 

Definitely.  The aim is always progression, that’s their job to fight for that week in week out.  

Corstorphine Jambo
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Forrest played quite well last week. Confidence is so important in this league, or maybe belief is a better word. Hopefully he got a wee boost last week because he’ll get a start imo. 

I’m not a huge fan, but I thought Forrest played very well second half last week - and if Oda is out then you’ve got to think he will start. As long as Vargas stays out on the right where he is best suited

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

EN saying he is out.

Ffs, who's in?

No wonder A&E at the Infirmary is stretched,  half it's been converted to a Hearts suite.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Just ****ing win!!! 

👏👍

lay down a marker that we are improving and mean business. 
thought our defence looked more assured, confident and took no nonsense last week and Toby when he came on, had a kind of determined swagger- more of that please hearts 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 hour ago, tian447 said:

I'll take a 1-2 at halftime, 2-3 fulltime result please. 

Mainly because I've included us on my "Both teams to score in both halves" weekly stupid Lucky 31 bet. 

If it comes in, it pays off the mortgage, and then some :lol:

Will the "and then some" be enough to by a JKB round in the diggers? 

Asking for several acquaintances. 

Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

433. Interesting. Not against it at all. As ling as our fbs push up and at least one cm gets ahead of the ball.

Its a ball playing midfield who can all get stuck in

Just now, Hungry hippo said:

I suspect the plan will only be for around 60 mins.

Yeah I swithered editing that as he'll likely not play the full game. Having 2 alongside him in the midfield will hopefully give him some protection when being pressured.

We’ll see how it turns out but I like the thinking. Something had to change in terms of tactics/formation away from home, as the 4-2-3-1 was causing huge gaps between our lines of midfield and attack.

Imagining Nieuwenhof the one who’ll look to push forward 

Ricardo Quaresma

Beni, Devlin and Nieuwenhof

It's like one of those triple revolving light orbs that fire mega bullets of plasma weapons and shit

Y'know, the one's you have a wee go of, from an ad on your phone :smuggy:

Just now, liam11 said:

We’ll see how it turns out but I like the thinking. Something had to change in terms of tactics/formation away from home, as the 4-2-3-1 was causing huge gaps between our lines of midfield and attack.

Imagining Nieuwenhof the one who’ll look to push forward 

Spot on. Been crying out for an extra man in midfield at times. 🙏 it works.

Eventually a formation change away from home.

Looks far more compact with the ability to hit them on the turnover instead of vise versa .

If it works could be the blueprint going forward  

Looks like the manager still doesn't know our best line up / formation. However, we do need more presence in midfield, so I guess we still need to experiment.

8 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Beni, Devlin and Nieuwenhof

It's like one of those triple revolving light orbs that fire mega bullets of plasma weapons and shit

Y'know, the one's you have a wee go of, from an ad on your phone :smuggy:

Nice to see us matching teams up in Midfield.

No early bookings for Cammy, and Beni fit as a fiddle, and playing like he has never been away please.

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Looks like the manager still doesn't know our best line up / formation. However, we do need more presence in midfield, so I guess we still need to experiment.

It's his first away game as permanent manager and he's using the players available; there's a plan A, plan B and B1 too :smuggy:

6 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

From the players available at present this might well be it. Here's hoping our best proves good enough to meet today's challenge. I'm hopeful bordering on expectant!

2 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Going to be a very interesting afternoon. No excuses today, have had the weeks training that Naismith has said he's been needing to get everyone back doing what he wants them doing. After a decent performance and a good result last weekend it's now time to start showing some consistency and that he is capable of setting the team up to win games away from home. It's not going to be acceptable for us to turn up once a month and we are now sufficiently into the season that we need to be seeing signs of improvement both from individuals and as a collective.

I was disappointed to see Haring doing the press conference yesterday, usually a sign that a player is starting. We improved when he went off last week and it's long overdue that Hoff and/or Beningame are playing ahead of him beside Devlin. For me Hoff should start today in his place. I guess it will be a toss up between Forrest or Lowry to take Oda's spot. The midfield continues to be the problem area week in week out and is definitely a concern today given we know St Mirren will be well up for it. Considering Naismith's comments yesterday he knows we need a fast start, let's see if he gets it out of them.

I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt that the penny will have dropped and that the free midweek will help and be more positive than most: St Mirren 1 Hearts 2, and some much needed momentum.

Really pleased to see BOTH Hoff and Beningame in the side with Devlin. Should make us far more competitive in the middle of the park. Basically our strongest midfield trio so it needs to work! 

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, sirwalter said:

From the players available at present this might well be it. Here's hoping our best proves good enough to meet today's challenge. I'm hopeful bordering on expectant!

Me too 👍