• RustyRightPeg

• GinRummy

• Sooks

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

soonbe110
39 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Fraser’s interview very much sounds like he plans to stay longer than the summer 

Sounded like a loan with an option to buy or make permanent to me. 

12 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

Pass on that. 

the last one we tried still haunts me

He was that good I can't even remember his name.

3 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

He's contracted to the club for next season and he's a key part of Naismiths first team. Why wouldn't he be?

I think he’ll be here. The only wee niggle I have is when he was signed there was strong speculation he was on a top wage. I like him this season but I guess it comes down to could we do better for the money spent, could we get cash in for him?

jambo mark
2 minutes ago, feej said:

He was that good I can't even remember his name.

Ben something 

Opinionated Jambo
44 minutes ago, Lossiemouth Jambo said:

Van Veen ? 

As @Bongo 1874 has also stated, @Ian Black 8 has got it all spot on 100%. I think Van Veen would be someone ideal for us, as I think we need more of a target man type of striker - similar to Simms when we had him here

Shooter McGavin

Got a feeling Fraser will be a cracking signing, and we’ll look back at how underwhelming it seemed at the time due to the circumstances!

Mikey1874
6 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

Ben something 

5 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Woodburn

Played 8 minutes in last 8 games for Preston North End. Not started once all season.

BackOfTheNet

One thing I find odd about this window is not the clamour for signings despite us being in great form, not the drama around contracts, but the eagerness of so many to get rid of players.

Many on here know I’ve not exactly been Halliday’s biggest fan, but I’ve never once been keen to punt him. As a squad needs depth, and experienced players content not to be starting every week can have value. But the way some talk about current Hearts players - players who have shown no disrespect to club or fans mind you - as if they were a stain on the club that needs removed is genuinely baffling to me.

LeylandJambo
20 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Played 8 minutes in last 8 games for Preston North End. Not started once all season.

A waste of a Jersey one of my PNE supporting mates said.

David McCaig
22 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Got a feeling Fraser will be a cracking signing, and we’ll look back at how underwhelming it seemed at the time due to the circumstances!

I'm not underwhelmed, I'm delighted he's signed, a proper midfielder with a good eye for goal.

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I'm not underwhelmed, I'm delighted he's signed, a proper midfielder with a good eye for goal.

Yep. Anyone who thinks this is underwhelming hasn’t watched the lad play.

45 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

This summer hasn't happened yet?

On Fraser, spoke really well in his interview. Think this could end up being one of those signings that goes under the radar in terms of excitement but ends up being very good.

I was questioning if he was a target for this summers recruitment or last summers

AlphonseCapone
Just now, Syd said:

I was questioning if he was a target for this summers recruitment or last summers

I'm sure it was said he was a previous target so last summer, but if he does well then I'd imagine we'll move to keep him, so this summer. So in conclusion, all summers 😂

Shooter McGavin
5 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yep. Anyone who thinks this is underwhelming hasn’t watched the lad play.

I’m talking more just about the timing, rather than him as a player, his signing has been a bit lost amongst the hysteria around Shankland 😂

Pete Elliott
50 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

He's contracted to the club for next season and he's a key part of Naismiths first team. Why wouldn't he be?

Because he’s being replaced by much better players.

davemclaren
32 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

One thing I find odd about this window is not the clamour for signings despite us being in great form, not the drama around contracts, but the eagerness of so many to get rid of players.

Many on here know I’ve not exactly been Halliday’s biggest fan, but I’ve never once been keen to punt him. As a squad needs depth, and experienced players content not to be starting every week can have value. But the way some talk about current Hearts players - players who have shown no disrespect to club or fans mind you - as if they were a stain on the club that needs removed is genuinely baffling to me.

It's the modern way.

RustyRightPeg
15 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I’m talking more just about the timing, rather than him as a player, his signing has been a bit lost amongst the hysteria around Shankland 😂

Aw 100%. Can’t disagree there. 

Not a bad thing for him though. Can go under the radar and do his business. 

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Aw 100%. Can’t disagree there. 

Not a bad thing for him though. Can go under the radar and do his business. 

Can he take penalties? 🥸

Victorian

On paper that's a cracking short term signing.  But it doesn't always work out.  All signing have a bit of uncertainty.  Shankland was a bit of a gamble and he's ended up being about our best signing in quite a few years.  David Vanacek went the other way.   

jamboinglasgow

Pleased we have finally got this over the line, would love to know why Charlton held it up for over a week.

I dont think we will sign anyone else this window, we have got two signings we wanted and unless Ross County suddenly change their position then I cant see Dhanda coming in January.

I do think we will see at least 1 player leave tomorrow. 

I think anyone expecting excitement tomorrow will be left disappointed.

ford donald
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Sounded like a loan with an option to buy or make permanent to me. 

Wants back to Scotland,good experienced player north and south,expecting good things from him.Our midfield is week,can only improve us.

BackOfTheNet
27 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It's the modern way.

I know. It’s a shame though. Players doesn’t get picked or hasn’t played as well as others when they have played is suddenly worthy of disdain. (Unless they’re a lad or something) Such a weird way to be. 

15 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Pleased we have finally got this over the line, would love to know why Charlton held it up for over a week.

I dont think we will sign anyone else this window, we have got two signings we wanted and unless Ross County suddenly change their position then I cant see Dhanda coming in January.

I do think we will see at least 1 player leave tomorrow. 

I think anyone expecting excitement tomorrow will be left disappointed.

English journalists

Scott Fraser move is progressing. Hearts have improved financial package, which had caused the logjam on his switch. #cafc

kingantti1874

With the emergence of Tait and Denholm, the addition of Fraser and Dhanda the midfield and out attacking options now look very strong.  I also look forward to Finlay Pollock getting in amongst it as I think if he can stay fit he’s a top top player.

if Beni doesn’t sign Phillips would be a good addition, as would penrice if we could get him though I suspect that would mean we’d be looking to sell Cochrane in the Summer.

Van Veen would be the cherry on the cake.

The squad is however very big againa massive fan of Pete but feels like time is up, wish that guy nothing but the best.  Tagawa it feels like it just isn’t going to work out.  And Sibbick also feels like he won’t get too much game time.  

Edited by kingantti1874

8 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Great response bye the way

Is it? That article was written last year. Hardly a scoop from the poster.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Rods said:

Van Veen will probably end up at Hibs. I noticed they have just released Doidge

more forwards? 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

more forwards? 

They have the foley gazillions so will have 3 players for every position.

Gundermann
3 minutes ago, Rods said:

Does he not have to go there via Bournemouth first?

4 minutes ago, Rods said:

Think he will end up at ibrox after they fail to get shankland 

kingantti1874

Surprised they sold doidge. One of the few at the methadome who had some spine .  

ahoukd have sold vente. Absolute gash

jamboinglasgow
11 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

English journalists

Scott Fraser move is progressing. Hearts have improved financial package, which had caused the logjam on his switch. #cafc

Not buying that considering he has been up here for over a week. If the clubs hadn't agreed the price then its unlikely they let him go up (unless Charlton tried to be sneaky and change terms last second.)

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Speaks well

As others have said this doesn’t sound like he only intends to be here for a few months. 

49 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Anticlimactic career so far.

Writing was on the wall when he was subbed before half time away to Livingston.

Did he not score against us in a preseason friendly shortly after he left us?

2 minutes ago, dumpson said:

As others have said this doesn’t sound like he only intends to be here for a few months. 

Talks well in the interview and clearly wants to move up here permanently to be with his family so will be going all out to sign here

kingantti1874
Just now, Newton51 said:

Talks well in the interview and clearly wants to move up here permanently to be with his family so will be going all out to sign here

is Boyce now surplus. Fraser sounds very impressive.  Sounds like game time may be limited for Boyce also 

Edited by kingantti1874

Mikey1874
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

is Boyce now surplus. Fraser sounds very impressive.  Sounds like game time may be limited for Boyce also 

If Kevin Van Veen signs. 

FarmerTweedy
On 30/01/2024 at 20:08, GinRummy said:

One of the first things naisy said after the Killie game was praising Devlin for putting his body on the line for the team. 

It's probably been done to death already so apologies if I'm resurrecting an argument that's died a death since yesterday, but I'd also read that Naismith had been unhappy with Devlin because of lack of tactical/positional discipline, I.e. Devlin would go pressing, chasing, harrying in places and at times when he shouldn't be.  I can see how that could have produced something of a falling out if Devlin wasn't totally receptive to Naismith's view on his performances, but if they're both reasonably adult and professional, there's no reason why they couldn't put it behind them and get on with it, and if Naismith has played him afterwards against Killie and publicly praised his contribution, I'd say that suggests they've both done just that!

One thing that has seemed to be a key feature of Naismith's management so far has been an apparent desire to not just use the players he's got, but also develop and improve them, and I strongly suspect when Devlin's back fully fit, we'll see him get plenty of game time as long as he can show that bit more tactical discipline in his play.  And with Halliday gone and, I expect, Haring away in the summer, I think Devlin will still be here and featuring a lot next season!

Watt-Zeefuik
8 minutes ago, dumpson said:

Very much feels like a loan to permanent situation provided all the chips fall the right way.

Listening to him...I like him. And trust me, I hate almost everything and almost everyone. I tell you here, he is going to be a top signing for us.

Edited by i8hibsh

Lone Striker
55 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Yep.  His interview sounded like he's genuinely happy to be here and raring to go.    Like you, I get the feeling this guy will surprise us with his energy and overall contribution to the team/squad

Its been a brilliant transfer window, regardless of the Shanks situation.  If he signs the improved contract, that  would be the absolute icing on the cake.

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

They did talk up his link play with Boyce at burton but his injury sounds worse than we first thought 

Watt-Zeefuik
4 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

It's probably been done to death already so apologies if I'm resurrecting an argument that's died a death since yesterday, but I'd also read that Naismith had been unhappy with Devlin because of lack of tactical/positional discipline, I.e. Devlin would go pressing, chasing, harrying in places and at times when he shouldn't be.  I can see how that could have produced something of a falling out if Devlin wasn't totally receptive to Naismith's view on his performances, but if they're both reasonably adult and professional, there's no reason why they couldn't put it behind them and get on with it, and if Naismith has played him afterwards against Killie and publicly praised his contribution, I'd say that suggests they've both done just that!

One thing that has seemed to be a key feature of Naismith's management so far has been an apparent desire to not just use the players he's got, but also develop and improve them, and I strongly suspect when Devlin's back fully fit, we'll see him get plenty of game time as long as he can show that bit more tactical discipline in his play.  And with Halliday gone and, I expect, Haring away in the summer, I think Devlin will still be here and featuring a lot next season!

On the last paragraph, I was just thinking about that and the difference between Naismith's and Neilson's approaches.

This isn't a dig at Robbie, particularly as Halliday has said that man management was his greatest strength, but my sense was that Neilson's approach was put your arm around a guy who's struggling and get his confidence back, the way it was reported he did with Sibbick. If things aren't going right on the pitch, Neilson would head into the film room to try to figure out a way to tweak the formation for the player. If it really wasn't working, he'd drop the player and say let's work on it in training.

Addressing where the player could get better in skills and decision-making didn't seem to be a huge part of what he did. Maybe he left it to the other coaches. But he seemed very much interested in the tactics and in encouraging the players, but not coaching improvement.

By contrast, Naismith seems very invested in coaching the players to be better. He's taken Alan Forrest, who by consensus here was a hard worker but without much end product, and significantly improved his level of play. If Devlin was making bad decisions, I don't see it as the source of a fallout between the two, but rather something that Naismith was trying to get him to be better at.

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

Yep.  His interview sounded like he's genuinely happy to be here and raring to go.    Like you, I get the feeling this guy will surprise us with his energy and overall contribution to the team/squad

Its been a brilliant transfer window, regardless of the Shanks situation.  If he signs the improved contract, that  would be the absolute icing on the cake.

The biggest downside is that I think Dexter is going to be the next Ellis Simms -- a loanee who does very well for us but whom we fail to keep around.

Mikey1874
1 minute ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

On the last paragraph, I was just thinking about that and the difference between Naismith's and Neilson's approaches.

This isn't a dig at Robbie, particularly as Halliday has said that man management was his greatest strength, but my sense was that Neilson's approach was put your arm around a guy who's struggling and get his confidence back, the way it was reported he did with Sibbick. If things aren't going right on the pitch, Neilson would head into the film room to try to figure out a way to tweak the formation for the player. If it really wasn't working, he'd drop the player and say let's work on it in training.

Addressing where the player could get better in skills and decision-making didn't seem to be a huge part of what he did. Maybe he left it to the other coaches. But he seemed very much interested in the tactics and in encouraging the players, but not coaching improvement.

By contrast, Naismith seems very invested in coaching the players to be better. He's taken Alan Forrest, who by consensus here was a hard worker but without much end product, and significantly improved his level of play. If Devlin was making bad decisions, I don't see it as the source of a fallout between the two, but rather something that Naismith was trying to get him to be better at.

It was pretty clear at the fan talk. Naismith very keen to work on details. The B team players said that too. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***