***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***

dazajmbo

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Happy with Dhanda but I really do not see the hype with Penrice.

If he signs I would love to be proved wrong, I just think we should be aiming higher.

Did you see the hype with Forrest?

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• GinRummy

• Sooks

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mr Rabbit
49 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

no - you're wrongm, wrong, wrong.....

it doesn't 'close' on Thursday......remember, it SLAMS SHUT!....

😂😂😂

stuart500
1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

He is indeed 

IMG_6849.jpeg

Ooft!! Fair play to the laddie if he's seen the light. 😀

If the hobos do put a similar offer in for him however you'd imagine he'd want to go there.

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, stuart500 said:

If the hobos do put a similar offer in for him however you'd imagine he'd want to go there.

European football for us relegation for the Hobos difficult choice

1 minute ago, stuart500 said:

Why ? Is he a Hibs supporter ? Honestly do not know all that much about the laddie 

Tommy Brown
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Why ? Is he a Hibs supporter ? Honestly do not know all that much about the laddie 

Same, I noticed he is a local Livi boy.

Some on here should know him

tiger Rudi

Can't say I know much about Penrice, but highly regarded at Livvy, experienced in our league and only 25. On a free it sounds like a very good signing and one that will likely increase in value. 

Aussie Jambo

I’m saying nowt till I see a scarf above the head. Doesn’t count till then. 

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Same, I noticed he is a local Livi boy.

Some on here should know him

Well known to Clare who works at Hearts, her who stands in the tunnel. Think her laddie is pals with him.

She'll convert him, if there's any doubt in his mind. 

Dallas Green
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Did you see the hype with Forrest?

When we first signed him I thought he would be a good squad player to cover for Gino. End of last season and start of this I was critical of him but he has stepped up to the plate this season so far and has surpassed what I thought about him.

Penrice will be getting brought into replace Cochrane. I have not seen enough from him whilst watching sportscene (I know it doesnt give the full picture) or even from what my Livi supporting pals have told me about him to give me any hope he will be good enough to take us to the next level or even keep us at this one. If Cochrane goes and we are going to play a back 3 with wing backs, he is not good enough to replace Cochrane. 

We should use the money we would get for Cochrane to buy another good lb/lwb.

I obviously don't watch him every week, so I'm basing it on the limited knowledge I have of him. 

I would, again, love to be pleasantly surprised by him. I will just have to trust in our coaching and scouting staff.

This type of signing has me a bit meh

Thought Police

Doesn't say he's a Hibs fan. Just that he was there as a youngster and therefore probably got a ticket to the game.

BackOfTheNet
54 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nah, we need a mix and atm that mix is OK.

Halliday is gone and Big Pete is away soon, Smith left last season. it's good to have experienced players, especially good ones.

Young guys are coming through and a few new players are still settling.

Boycey will likley go at the end of  next season,  gradual step change to aid continuity and continous improvement. 

Almost like Naismith knows what he's doing.

You can have young and old players, doesn't mean a certain group of players are getting prioritised. It's not an either/ or situation. 

Boyce extending doesn't mean youth is being overlooked or not given a chance. 

He's actually more likley to benefit our young players, think Tait even mentioned him.

Definitely need a mix, but I don’t see the benefit of having someone of that age to come in and be a bit part player when we have younger players who can perform that bit part role in the same position but use that time to develop also. It’s not as if he’s there starting or filling a gap that needs filled, the gap is filled and we have Shankland always ahead of him, so at this point for me his presence is hindering prospective progress of others and he’s not bringing much to the team. Unless of course he’s a sound guy to have around the dressing room and a good influence etc. Which is the sort of thing none of us on here will know about.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Dallas Green said:

When we first signed him I thought he would be a good squad player to cover for Gino. End of last season and start of this I was critical of him but he has stepped up to the plate this season so far and has surpassed what I thought about him.

Penrice will be getting brought into replace Cochrane. I have not seen enough from him whilst watching sportscene (I know it doesnt give the full picture) or even from what my Livi supporting pals have told me about him to give me any hope he will be good enough to take us to the next level or even keep us at this one. If Cochrane goes and we are going to play a back 3 with wing backs, he is not good enough to replace Cochrane. 

I obviously don't watch him every week, so I'm basing it on the limited knowledge I have of him. 

I would, again, love to be pleasantly surprised by him. I will just have to trust in our coaching and scouting staff.

What's to say we don't sign another left back if Cochrane goes? He'll be a free transfer, on low wages. It's a smart signing to bulk up the squad.

luckyBatistuta
17 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

If he’s already been there, I would assume he’s realised where his career was going wrong and not setting foot anywhere near that shite hole again

Dallas Green
3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

What's to say we don't sign another left back if Cochrane goes? He'll be a free transfer, on low wages. It's a smart signing to bulk up the squad.

Yeah that is true.

I wonder if a deal has been done for Cochrane in the summer if Penrice is coming in.

Penrice and Dhanda both in so lower wages coming from Scotland, money in from Cochrane (3m+?), plus slimming down the wage bill from Halliday, McGovern, Lowry.

Hopefully all this frees up wages to add quality elsewhere or for contracts to Shankland, Gordon and Beni

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Gmcjambo said:

A bit of sepculation about interest in Cochrane from down south.   One of our more sellable players who we should be able to command a decent fee for.   Last few days of this window look like they are getting mroe interesting.

Be sad to see Cochrane go tbh :(

1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

For sure,  if he does,  I’m sure it will be for good money and more than the £2M paper talk!  Really like him too. 

Dhanda is exactly the klind of signing we should be making imo.  I just hope he does not become 'Shanda'.

Dallas Green
3 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

For sure,  if he does,  I’m sure it will be for good money and more than the £2M paper talk!  Really like him too. 

Even at £2 million we are going to be making a tidy profit but he is worth more than that for sure!

big jambo g
7 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

If he played for one of the Old Firm bet paper talk would have him at £10m 

Edited by big jambo g

john thomas
21 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Not an expert but did see him when he played for PT . Thought then he was a standout .

Career seems to have plateaued since then . No big risk , smart signing imo

LarrysRightFoot

Assuming the deals go through it’s good to see us signing players who know the league and will be aware of the demands of the club (whether they can handle them is a different story). 

22 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Can't say I know much about Penrice, but highly regarded at Livvy, experienced in our league and only 25. On a free it sounds like a very good signing and one that will likely increase in value. 

Interesting one, left back.  Cochrane, I think this summer may be time for both club and player.  Don't WANT him to go, don't want any of our good players to go, but realistically, it's probably correct business.

We're left with Kingsley and Rowles can play there in a 4.  So we do need more.  Do the club go all out to bring in a top boy, or do we bring in a guy we can rely on to give us 6/7 out of 10 every week, like Penrice may be (perhaps doing him a disservice).  Or do we need both!?!?

Does some of this depend on the clubs hopes for young Drysdale?  Is whoever we bring in a placeholder?  Maybe not with Drysdale, but at some point, you hope that's a consideration (ie we need a new CM, but only really for a year until Tait is ready to be the main main etc etc)

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, big jambo g said:

If he played for one of the Old Firm bet paper talk would have him at £10m 

The reality being that hes never played well enough against either of them to be considered as a signing for them, he doesn’t play for them so isnt worth much more than £2-3m. The weegie media inflating the prices of their players isn’t really relevant. 

davemclaren
23 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Dhanda is exactly the klind of signing we should be making imo.  I just hope he does not become 'Shanda'.

Stuck to the day job and avoid comedy. 🥸

RustyRightPeg
7 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Interesting one, left back.  Cochrane, I think this summer may be time for both club and player.  Don't WANT him to go, don't want any of our good players to go, but realistically, it's probably correct business.

We're left with Kingsley and Rowles can play there in a 4.  So we do need more.  Do the club go all out to bring in a top boy, or do we bring in a guy we can rely on to give us 6/7 out of 10 every week, like Penrice may be (perhaps doing him a disservice).  Or do we need both!?!?

Does some of this depend on the clubs hopes for young Drysdale?  Is whoever we bring in a placeholder?  Maybe not with Drysdale, but at some point, you hope that's a consideration (ie we need a new CM, but only really for a year until Tait is ready to be the main main etc etc)

I think we lose Rowles in the summer for big money. He's playing really well at the Asian Cup just now and is certainly putting himself in the shop window.

By The Light..

Loving the Dhanda pre-contract with potential to sign this week.

He was MOTM on 30th Dec his 25yd free kick goal was class.

We should be signing more experienced SPFL players when was the last was it Halkett?

fast_blood
1 minute ago, By The Light.. said:

Loving the Dhanda pre-contract with potential to sign this week.

He was MOTM on 30th Dec his 25yd free kick goal was class.

We should be signing more experienced SPFL players when was the last was it Halkett?

Forrest maybe?

16 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

This seasons Rab McKinnon sort of thing 

Edited by Sooks

hmfc_liam06
44 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Doesn't say he's a Hibs fan. Just that he was there as a youngster and therefore probably got a ticket to the game.

I know some of his family are Celtic fans. His uncle is a Celtic season ticket holder.

18 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Happy with Dhanda but I really do not see the hype with Penrice.

If he signs I would love to be proved wrong, I just think we should be aiming higher.

I’d like to think if Cochrane is off then we will be signing better than penrice In the summer. To keep building we will need as good as or better than cochrane tho it won’t be easy. 

By The Light..
2 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

Forrest maybe?

Clark Sept 2022

Forrest July 2022

Halkett July 2019

Shooter McGavin

Penrice and Dhanda look like two solid signings. Would be happy with both.

luckyBatistuta
40 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Same, he works his socks off. We’ll miss his industry up and down that flank 

stevie1874
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

The club want Boyce to move onto the coaching staff in due course. They think he's invaluable for the youngsters. High chance he retires here.

Hope he’s not going to be taking the young lads for shooting practice 😁

DalryJambo
42 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

There's probably a stop-gap/cover low cost low risk plan (Penrice) and if we do get money for Cochrane we can invest in a long term option in the summer. We can't go spending money we don't have as that's doomed to backfire.

I think the low cost low risk squad player is a much under rated peice of the budget balancing jigsaw. If you can get cheaper options from abroad or from clubs like livi, it always you to spend more on keeping you star players or attracting new ones. A player on £1k - 2k per week who can 'do a job' ticks a few boxes in the short term. 

I agree you need to balance that against bringing youngsters through, but I'm not sure when a youth team players wage starts being included in the first team budget? There must be some crossover of threshold they cross at some point. It's maybe a good target fir them to aim to become the 'back-up' in their position ahead of the current first team squad player.

The fact we are in for a left back could be to do with the fact Kingsley is seen as more of a CB these days. 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The fact we are in for a left back could be to do with the fact Kingsley is seen as more of a CB these days. 

I agree. Certainly possible.  Sibbick I think will be moved on 

lost in space
2 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Hope he’s not going to be taking the young lads for shooting practice 😁

Re Boyce - hope not for 1st touch control

or speed training

or dribbling skills

or.....

in fact why is going to be coaching?

Not sure that he can pass on the things he was great at - strength and bravery.

He does have good awareness but not sure if that can be taught either.

Having said that - some players are natural coaches, without being able to perform all skills.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, lost in space said:

Re Boyce - hope not for 1st touch control

or speed training

or dribbling skills

or.....

in fact why is going to be coaching?

Not sure that he can pass on the things he was great at - strength and bravery.

He does have good awareness but not sure if that can be taught either.

Having said that - some players are natural coaches, without being able to perform all skills.

Deary me. 

Dallas Green
Just now, KG1874 said:

I’d like to think if Cochrane is off then we will be signing better than penrice In the summer. To keep building we will need as good as or better than cochrane tho it won’t be easy. 

That bit is so true. We were lucky we got someone who saw the positives of coming back to the club he was on loan at and performed well for. That sort of mentality is missing from a lot of English lads that come through the academy systems down south.

15 minutes ago, KG1874 said:

I don't know enough about Penrice to give my opinion on him per se but if Cochrane goes and we still play regularly with wing backs then lwb will be one of the most important roles in the side so I'd be reinvesting Cochrane money into that. If Penrice is that guy and free...great 👍

Spongebob

Some move for the laddie. Gets relegated with Livi then signs for the famous. Lucky man !!

soonbe110
16 minutes ago, DalryJambo said:

There's probably a stop-gap/cover low cost low risk plan (Penrice) and if we do get money for Cochrane we can invest in a long term option in the summer. We can't go spending money we don't have as that's doomed to backfire.

I think the low cost low risk squad player is a much under rated peice of the budget balancing jigsaw. If you can get cheaper options from abroad or from clubs like livi, it always you to spend more on keeping you star players or attracting new ones. A player on £1k - 2k per week who can 'do a job' ticks a few boxes in the short term. 

I agree you need to balance that against bringing youngsters through, but I'm not sure when a youth team players wage starts being included in the first team budget? There must be some crossover of threshold they cross at some point. It's maybe a good target fir them to aim to become the 'back-up' in their position ahead of the current first team squad player.

Kingsley will be first choice lb next season 

1 minute ago, Spongebob said:

Some move for the laddie. Gets relegated with Livi then signs for the famous. Lucky man !!

Relegated then playing in the group stages of Europe would be quite the ride 

soonbe110
26 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Change to announce (through media) pre contracts early. 

Maybe only if it’s to give a message to McGregor and Adams. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***