***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***

dazajmbo

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Dhanda is exactly the klind of signing we should be making imo.  I just hope he does not become 'Shanda'.

What position will he fit into the team?

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• GinRummy

• Sooks

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ArcticJambo
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I wonder if this is Naismith's influence on Savage relating to more players who can hit the ground running (hopefully) rather than have to wait on a "project player" to produce the goods.

It is often difficult for players to come half way round the world and expect them to settle into a different culture, environment not to mention language barriers.

So long as there is decent talent in and around us why go round the globe?

Could well be, simple pragmatism. I'd take it.  I also think it's the future, not just for Hearts but Scottish football in general, to start re-investing in our own product.

7 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

Anyone watching that and who doesn't have at least a semi thinking of him in maroon needs help.

Massive rager here.

By The Light..
19 minutes ago, DalryJambo said:

£50k to 100k...plus maybe a youth player on loan to help keep their squad size up. 

call it 75K then no-brainer for me but suppose could be the difference in Ross County relegation and he is cup tied

8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Might be decent in goals.

36 minutes ago, damo said:

Was at the game and don't remember half this stuff. Guy looks a massive upgrade on what we have...been crying out for this type of attacking midfielder. 

Got to admit at the game I was cursing him for celebrating right in front of us. But if he’s our player now I’ll cheer that sort of cockiness. 

johnking123
11 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Think Naismith would prefer to play 4231. He can play 10 or each side of the 10.

3 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

All happening now! 

Dhanda pre-contract confirmed. Now in talks with James Penrice from Livi, also on a pre contract. 

My guess is that we’ll look to cash in on Cochrane in the summer. Assuming he makes it clear that he won’t sign a new contract.  

3 hours ago, pandasaur said:

Cochrane's probably my favourite player at the club but would say that this is the window to sell as he won't sign a new deal I suspect. We've been good for him and he's been good for us, would be pleased to see him get a decent move down south.

Only makes sense if we can get Penrice in to replace, who I don't think is as good but has been a standout for Livi. Wondering if a Cochrane move is in the works if the pre contract rumour is now officially being reported.

From what I've heard, Cochrane is loving it here and doesn't want to leave. The club are wanting to cash in on him while his stock is high.

Clear few
16 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

Anyone watching that and who doesn't have at least a semi thinking of him in maroon needs help.

This 👆👏😚 strange how much you (I) miss of opposing players good play when you only pay attention to the good or bad from our own team.

If he plays consistently like this with our better players he could be a 💎 

1 minute ago, Clear few said:

This 👆👏😚 strange how much you (I) miss of opposing players good play when you only pay attention to the good or bad from our own team.

There’s also the opposite when one of our players isn’t rated and is getting slagged off on here, then you talk to a fan of another club and they rave about them being good. 

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Clear few said:

Had it last season when Fiorentina played at Tynecastle. Was watching Jovic too much (as he was a £50m ex-Real Madrid player) as well as us doing badly that I never really noticed Amrabat till people on here were raving about him at the world cup saying how amazing he was against us. 

21 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Back up to Clark and Gordon.

RustyRightPeg
17 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Got to admit at the game I was cursing him for celebrating right in front of us. But if he’s our player now I’ll cheer that sort of cockiness. 

He was just practicing 😄

AllyjamboDerbyshire
50 minutes ago, damo said:

Was at the game and don't remember half this stuff. Guy looks a massive upgrade on what we have...been crying out for this type of attacking midfielder. 

While his goal was a screamer, we've already got players who can do the same, but it was his pass that led to their 1st goal that impressed me most, sent through the proverbial eye of a needle and weighted perfectly. His play throughout the game was quality and he was always ready to run with the ball rather than just pass it on to someone in no better position than he was. I've seen compilations of players from multiple games that were far less impressive that that collection from one game, and this time we do know the quality of the opposition he was facing.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Positive news day , great to see us signing players who know the league and done well ! Not as much settling in required and ready to hit the ground running

davemclaren

I assume ( if true ) this won't be officially confirmed until Ross County are happy with the news being out there.  🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

While his goal was a screamer, we've already got players who can do the same, but it was his pass that led to their 1st goal that impressed me most, sent through the proverbial eye of a needle and weighted perfectly. His play throughout the game was quality and he was always ready to run with the ball rather than just pass it on to someone in no better position than he was. I've seen compilations of players from multiple games that were far less impressive that that collection from one game, and this time we do know the quality of the opposition he was facing.

But can he also pass backwards and fit in well to our style of play?   Only jesting - agree completly and must admit and never really clocked the quality of that pass at the time, and he turned defence into attack beuatifully in that move.    Exciting to see what he can bring to the team.   I think Naisy knows what he wants/needs to imrove this team.

Mikey1874
22 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

20k since he's cup tied.

Some Ross County fans suggesting a loan.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I assume ( if true ) this won't be officially confirmed until Ross County are happy with the news being out there.  🤷‍♂️

That's a good question. The contract is between us and the player, so I don't think there is any legal reason why we'd need County to sign off on us announcing. But, out of courtesy, and assuming they are not being unreasonable about it, you'd think we'd try to agree it with them.

Chillidigits
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

it would be less than 4 months, but I actually think it wouldn’t be a bad idea on paper. My main reluctance would be having Adams as his coach for those 4 months. Also wouldn’t help him to assimilate as much up there as it would down here.

If I was Dhanda I'd give Hearts the money to buy me rather than spend another 4 months with that clown.

CostaJambo
1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

6 months at Ross County to sweeten Danda's early release would give County firepower and Tagawa a chance to shine/settle in.

i like that idea.

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You’d imagine that would be the courteous thing to do 

section s heart
26 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I wonder if this is Naismith's influence on Savage relating to more players who can hit the ground running (hopefully) rather than have to wait on a "project player" to produce the goods.

It is often difficult for players to come half way round the world and expect them to settle into a different culture, environment not to mention language barriers.

So long as there is decent talent in and around us why go round the globe?

Think Savage said he was going to focus less on foreign markets. Good move, thinking back to JJ's days where we picked up talent in other Scottish teams, who are more likely to hit the ground running. 

Whatever we think about the "project" word, there's no doubt it takes time for overseas (even international caps) or youth players to fully settle abd reach the level we need. Imo there are still a good number in and around our first XI. 

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I don't think they really have a say in the matter, do they? Sky Sports and several other outlets are reporting it as 'has signed a pre-contract' rather than reportedly going to. Just a matter of time now I think.

1 minute ago, Gmcjambo said:

But can he also pass backwards and fit in well to our style of play?   Only jesting - agree completly and must admit and never really clocked the quality of that pass at the time, and he turned defence into attack beuatifully in that move.    Exciting to see what he can bring to the team.   I think Naisy knows what he wants/needs to imrove this team.

You've got to think him and Barrie both on the park will be brilliant to watch.  If we can get runners off the ball, so inverting fullbacks plus the likes of Vargas, Oda, Forrest maybe even Tagawa and young Wilson constantly looking to make little runs in behind, Dhanda and Baz will find them.  Having McKay back and Dhanda on the books could actually help get the best out of all these guys.  And actually thinking about it, Hof too.  He plays really well in tight spaces.  And Tait!

Yep, quite excited by next season's team, I have to say.

Hope Shanks stays obviously and if he does, we could REALLY be on to something.  But even if we sell (to Saudi I hope!), I think we're going to have a helluva team.  Bit of luck in keeping down to a normal amount of smaller injuries and we're golden!

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, section s heart said:

Think Savage said he was going to focus less on foreign markets. Good move, thinking back to JJ's days where we picked up talent in other Scottish teams, who are more likely to hit the ground running. 

Whatever we think about the "project" word, there's no doubt it takes time for overseas (even international caps) or youth players to fully settle abd reach the level we need. Imo there are still a good number in and around our first XI. 

That's what I picked up from the night with the coaches, and AGM. 

Savage more or less admitted he'd made a few mistakes in those 'alternate' markets, perhaps thinking longer term on what a player could be and could provide us on the sales front, rather than the player actually hitting the ground running in the here and now. 

The proof is in black and white though, the majority of our best signings in recent times have been domestic based...:

- Clark

- Kent

- Beni

- Forrest

- Grant (coming good now)

- Cochrane

- Simms

Those who have 'failed' generally have come from abroad.

Chillidigits
45 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

Female supporters may struggle.

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Jambomuzz said:

Has dhanda actually been reported as having signed anywhere?

Yes, almost all the media outlets are saying it's done, and the focus is now on whether it can get done this month.

County have a game tomorrow so I imagine Adams will get asked at his press conference.

Mikey1874
3 minutes ago, Jambomuzz said:

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Yes, almost all the media outlets are saying it's done, and the focus is now on whether it can get done this month.

Niemi’s gloves
2 minutes ago, Jambomuzz said:

The BBC website has been prominently running the pre-contract as fact for the last hour, with Hearts said to be trying to get him in now. 

ford donald
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Savage more or less admitted he'd made a few mistakes in those 'alternate' markets, perhaps thinking longer term on what a player could be and could provide us on the sales front, rather than the player actually hitting the ground running in the here and now. 

The proof is in black and white though, the majority of our best signings in recent times have been domestic based...:

- Clark

- Kent

- Beni

- Forrest

- Cochrane

- Simms

This..

2 minutes ago, section s heart said:

BUt I think the point is, or the theory anyway, is when they DO reach their level, they'll be better than what we can find locally.  I kinda get that.  Do both, is the point!

Vargas has the potential to be a better player than Forrest.  Perhaps so does Oda.  Having Allan in the squad doing really well, giving us a reliable option allows us to have boys like that who will do a job for us while they get up to speed, but bloody hell what a player we could have on our hands if it all clicks right for them too.

Otherwise, we're unlikely ever to sign a guy who is instantly woah!!! We need to build them.  From within, but also in bringing in potential.

I don't see it as "project".  It's just one of our markets and done well, with the correct contingency and continuity planning, it's low risk but potentially very high reward.

I think the injuries we've had the last 2 years has highlighted for some the approach being risky, but for me, that's just bad luck.  Not the club's fault McKay being injured has meant Kenny needed to be thrown in.  Rowles and Neilson last season were thrown to the lions at times too due to our lack of options.

feedthefox

Cochrane has been solid and is a likeable sort to have within the team but I think he's overrated, if we got decent money for him I'd consider that a good outcome.

section s heart
5 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

- Clark

- Kent

- Beni

- Forrest

- Cochrane

- Simms

Don't forget Shanks!

4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

You've got to think him and Barrie both on the park will be brilliant to watch.  If we can get runners off the ball, so inverting fullbacks plus the likes of Vargas, Oda, Forrest maybe even Tagawa and young Wilson constantly looking to make little runs in behind, Dhanda and Baz will find them.  Having McKay back and Dhanda on the books could actually help get the best out of all these guys.  And actually thinking about it, Hof too.  He plays really well in tight spaces.  And Tait!

Yep, quite excited by next season's team, I have to say.

Hope Shanks stays obviously and if he does, we could REALLY be on to something.  But even if we sell (to Saudi I hope!), I think we're going to have a helluva team.  Bit of luck in keeping down to a normal amount of smaller injuries and we're golden!

Yeah agree with this too, and your previous comments re Tagawa (I think you were the poster), .    I feel for the guy as we've not adjusting to his style of play,  or had the quality  that players like him (plays on the shoulder, looking to run in behind), need to thrive.  We've really missed McKay's through balls and too often, are a team that likes to play the ball to feet.    I get he's not taken his chances well so far,  but I don't think he's a bad player and I suspect he will be given a chance in the team Naisy is trying to build.    Time will tell.

Carl Fredrickson

Dhanda looks comfortable using either foot which seems rare in the modern game. Looking forward to him becoming a hero to us.

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, biffy said:

County have a game tomorrow so I imagine Adams will get asked at his press conference.

A meltdown of the highest order would be great. Doesn't seem to take much these days.

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, section s heart said:

Don't forget Shanks!

Well aye, but he was a foreign import 😄

Chillidigits
27 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Had it last season when Fiorentina played at Tynecastle. Was watching Jovic too much (as he was a £50m ex-Real Madrid player) as well as us doing badly that I never really noticed Amrabat till people on here were raving about him at the world cup saying how amazing he was against us. 

I certainly didn't need to wait for the World Cup. Guy ran the show against us. Not hit the ground running at Man Utd so would certainly take him on loan for a few weeks . Couldn't afford him for any longer than that !

HopeDiouf
5 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Yeah agree with this too, and your previous comments re Tagawa (I think you were the poster), .    I feel for the guy as we've not adjusting to his style of play,  or had the quality  that players like him (plays on the shoulder, looking to run in behind), need to thrive.  We've really missed McKay's through balls and too often, are a team that likes to play the ball to feet.    I get he's not taken his chances well so far,  but I don't think he's a bad player and I suspect he will be given a chance in the team Naisy is trying to build.    Time will tell.

Ginelly previously, and now Vargas, are managing to thrive just fine, receiving service from the same players who apparently aren't up to putting it where Tagawa wants it.

4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

- Clark

- Kent

- Beni

- Forrest

- Cochrane

- Simms

Nat, Devlin, Rowles have all been successes, albeit Nat has been up and down at times and Rowles took a confidence knock.  Vargas is starting to really show it.  Oda, despite and injury and a formation change not quite suiting him, has scored 4 in his last 14 appearances for us (many from the bench).  The kid is doing fine.

Only Kio and Kuol really stick out as having not worked imo from the "overseas" market.  Obv the jury very much out on Tagawa but long contract.  But I could raise you Snoddy, Woodburn, Lowry, perhaps even Humps or Sibbick (to some, tho I like Toby) from "domestic" market which have been less succesful.

All recruitment is different.  As long as the club get the mix right, its cool.

People need to chill about it, is probably my thing.  Our results on the pitch, minus a 2 month implosion, have been by and large excellent for 2.5 years now.  That doesn't point to poor recrtuitment.  It just doesn't

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

A meltdown of the highest order would be great. Doesn't seem to take much these days.

😄

tiger Rudi

Dhanda and Penrice! Dexter and possibly Fraser.

Good to see we've moved on a fair bit from season 2016/17!! Signings like Sammon, Martin, Sowah, Bikey and that fecal left back!! Rare ass or sumfin he was called. Add Kastaneer and Damour, christ the list of keech was long. 

How dire were we back then? 

The transformation in a relatively short period has been remarkable. 

Our club is in a good place........ in stark contrast to our Leith neighbours!

Well run both on and off the park. Long may it continue.

Hope we can consolidate ourselves as the 3rd force for the foreseeable. 

Mikey1874
11 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

BUt I think the point is, or the theory anyway, is when they DO reach their level, they'll be better than what we can find locally.  I kinda get that.  Do both, is the point!

Vargas has the potential to be a better player than Forrest.  Perhaps so does Oda.  Having Allan in the squad doing really well, giving us a reliable option allows us to have boys like that who will do a job for us while they get up to speed, but bloody hell what a player we could have on our hands if it all clicks right for them too.

Otherwise, we're unlikely ever to sign a guy who is instantly woah!!! We need to build them.  From within, but also in bringing in potential.

I don't see it as "project".  It's just one of our markets and done well, with the correct contingency and continuity planning, it's low risk but potentially very high reward.

I think the injuries we've had the last 2 years has highlighted for some the approach being risky, but for me, that's just bad luck.  Not the club's fault McKay being injured has meant Kenny needed to be thrown in.  Rowles and Neilson last season were thrown to the lions at times too due to our lack of options.

Just means in practice getting used to Scottish/ British football. Vargas is getting there, Tagawa still struggling. 

27 minutes ago, Pingu said:

That's a good question. The contract is between us and the player, so I don't think there is any legal reason why we'd need County to sign off on us announcing. But, out of courtesy, and assuming they are not being unreasonable about it, you'd think we'd try to agree it with them.

Rangers or Souttar didn't notify Hearts before announcing it. Tbh I hope we've done the same but only because it would piss off that welt Adams and their dickhead chairman.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***