• Sooks

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jim Panzee
1 hour ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Does it not close on Thursday?

no - you're wrongm, wrong, wrong.....

it doesn't 'close' on Thursday......remember, it SLAMS SHUT!....

Batistuta87

Delighted at getting Dhanda. Been wanting him since he was still at Swansea. Would be great to get him in now but it depends on the money. Would quite happily swap them a player and some cash or something like that, but also happy to wait until the summer. I just wanted him signed one way or another. 

Folk are quick to call bullshit but hardly ever give credit when someone's info is right so a big 👍🏻 to @Leveins Battalion here. 

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Where is the Penrice rumour coming from 

Left back? Cochrane away?

EDIT. Quoted wrong person

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Good to see moving away from project signings 

This

The odd project like Vargas is a good idea but we need players to come in and play immediately going forward. Dhanda and Penrice fit this bill. 

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, chazza74 said:

Hope he’s as good as his dad Bobby 👍

🤣Oops by me!!  Penrice obviously!!

RustyRightPeg

Twitter is funny now...all those Hibs fans thinking he turned us down for them hahaha

1 minute ago, chazza74 said:

Hope he’s as good as his dad Bobby 👍

😂 one for the oldies amongst us. If he's as good as Rab, he'll do just fine.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

But my post was on topic and valid point to make about prioritising ageing players over players that are still to develop, no?

Nah, we need a mix and atm that mix is OK.

Halliday is gone and Big Pete is away soon, Smith left last season. it's good to have experienced players, especially good ones.

Young guys are coming through and a few new players are still settling.

Boycey will likley go at the end of  next season,  gradual step change to aid continuity and continous improvement. 

Almost like Naismith knows what he's doing.

You can have young and old players, doesn't mean a certain group of players are getting prioritised. It's not an either/ or situation. 

Boyce extending doesn't mean youth is being overlooked or not given a chance. 

He's actually more likley to benefit our young players, think Tait even mentioned him.

HopeDiouf

7 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Dhanda & Penrice on pre contracts would be good business, hopefully we can agree a price to bring them here in Jan but if not then there’s no immediate rush to bring them in either

Agreed.  I'd almost be happier if we were planning ahead, don't really need them yet, and bring them in for free in summer.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Halliday is gone and Big Pete is away soon, Smith left last season. it's good to have experienced players, especially good ones.

Boycey will likley go at the end of  next season,  gradual step change to aid continuity and continous improvement. 

You can have young and old players, doesn't mean a certain group of players are getting prioritised. It's not an either/ or situation. 

He's actually more likley to benefit our young players, think Tait even mentioned him.

The club want Boyce to move onto the coaching staff in due course. They think he's invaluable for the youngsters. High chance he retires here.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

The club want Boyce to move onto the coaching staff in due course. They think he's invaluable for the youngsters. High chance he retires here.

Hope so.

Big CG and Boycey as coaches sounds good me.

Future manager and am....

FionaHmfc

Absolutely delighted with Dhanda. Spoke so highly about him forever but never seemed like a player we would go for so I’m fair pleased it’s actually happened. Penrice would be great too although it would probably mean losing Alex but as someone has already said he’s done so well for us and we’ve also been great for him too. Would move on with nothing but best wishes I’m sure. Exciting times for us!

As I said last week, Penrice all but signed for us a few seasons ago but Levein got the bullet before it was finalised. 

Mr Elwood P
11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Left back? Cochrane away?

EDIT. Quoted wrong person

Cochrane replacement. Bids expected in the summer.

The new West End
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Or even before.. but time running out

Mr Elwood P
11 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Exactly. Brighton are the undisputed champions of buying development players and making a fortune. They also sign the likes of Wellbeck, Milner and Lallana. You need both to be successful.

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

😂

What's funny Mr Agent? Not happy with me crediting a chap who appeared to get a decent wee snippet of info?

Edited by RustyRightPeg

Mr Elwood P
Just now, The new West End said:

Or even before.. but time running out

The only player we might sell this window is Tagawa. 

Walter Bishop

James Penrice would be a great signing, someone initially signed as back up but knowing the type of character he is I wouldn’t be surprised to see him pushing for a starting place, he’s a good lad and the type of player to take his game to another level by moving here.  

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

cheers

The new West End
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Ok

tiger Rudi
47 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Pleased with the Dhanda signing - must only be being communicated now to put pressure on County to do a deal before the window closes IMO.     Fraser probably not going anywhere until new manager can suss out the squad and decide for himself.

Fraser still has a year left on his contract in the summer. I can only see that being a loan move in January, don't think we'll spend a lot of money on him. Dhanda deal might be "instead of". 

hmfc_liam06
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

And Cochrane.

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

And Cochrane.

Barry Anderson reckons the summer? Can't see us taking any chances with 3rd place after last year. 3rd is worth more than any of our players being sold individually, assuming a diddy doesn't win the Scottish Cup.

29 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yeah,  Gino was a slow burner as well.

As long as we have good players at this current time we can persevere and manage 2/3 project types. 

I'm not sure what the correct word is but we need to get away from this "project player" bill.

We will have a strong core of a team.  We will have guys who are growing into their roles.  And those lads will do it at different rates.  And some of them won't cut the mustard.

We're comfy in third with Newy, Oda and Vargas all learning on the job, probably all (except maybe Oda) having played more than we'd have hoped due to injuries.  Denholm and Tait also being blooded.  But we've maintained a level.

Next season, all these lads will be a year further into their development.  A bit steadier.  More reliable.  More will be expected, they're fully Hearts players then.

We will probably have other new lads needing a bit of time.  We'll hopefully also sign a couple of guys who, like Kent, just slot right in.  Scott Fraser, Yan Dhanda perhaps, both of whom you'd think need less time.

The boys getting up to speed aren't projects.  It's just the world of recruitment.  It's about continuity planning as much as anything else.

davemclaren
41 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Mods!!!! Scerf above heid, please!  You jinxed the Fraser deal with an early title change!  Back in yer den.

Even the moderators can get a bit carried away in the excitement. 😄

August Landmesser
39 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Penrice is a really promising player. 

I thought that when he was at Thistle - wonder if we looked at him then. Happy with this one if we can get him

8 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

James Penrice would be a great signing, someone initially signed as back up but knowing the type of character he is I wouldn’t be surprised to see him pushing for a starting place, he’s a good lad and the type of player to take his game to another level by moving here.  

Said when we were first linked with him I liked the look of him. Always shows up well when I've seen him play. Hopefully get this one over the line.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Said when we were first linked with him I liked the look of him. Always shows up well when I've seen him play. Hopefully get this one over the line.

Other teams players seldom stand out for me - except in a bad way. 😄

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Other teams players seldom stand out for me - except in a bad way. 😄

I'm much the same but as well as seeing him against us, even in highlights he often attracts praise. Think he's a tidy player.

joondalupjambo

I seem to remember Penrice being a right wee thug in a game against us not that long ago.  Cannot remember if if was a League or Cup game though.  Anyone?

stuart500
23 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

IMG_6848.jpeg

Where did that quote come from LB?

Got to assume he's not from the dark side bringing THAT game up 😂

He's been mentioned for weeks as being a target for them on their transfer thread. Be doubly sweet if we've signed him. Baz (last to know) Anderson doesn't usually report things that aren't going to happen.

53 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Mods!!!! Scerf above heid, please!  You jinxed the Fraser deal with an early title change!  Back in yer den.

😄 Yes!

tiger Rudi

Genuine question. What happens if a player signs a pre contract then gets injured before the summer? Just wondering what happens in that scenario. 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, tiger Rudi said:

Genuine question. What happens if a player signs a pre contract then gets injured before the summer? Just wondering what happens in that scenario. 

Moves are still subject to medical tests in the summer I believe.

32 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Hope so.

Big CG and Boycey as coaches sounds good me.

Future manager and am....

He loves it in Edinburgh 

Dallas Green

Happy with Dhanda but I really do not see the hype with Penrice.

If he signs I would love to be proved wrong, I just think we should be aiming higher.

luckyBatistuta
4 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Where did that quote come from LB?

Got to assume he's not from the dark side bringing THAT game up 😂

He's been mentioned for weeks as being a target for them on their transfer thread. Be doubly sweet if we've signed him. Baz (last to know) Anderson doesn't usually report things that aren't going to happen.

He is indeed 

IMG_6849.jpeg

tiger Rudi
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Moves are still subject to medical tests in the summer I believe.

I would hope we at least try and get both players in now. Must be a difficult situation for a player waiting for his dream move, not wanting any injury to scupper a deal. Will RC and Livingston will feel the same?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***