• RustyRightPeg

• GinRummy

• Sooks

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Bottom line is Tagawa is now 3rd choice for playing up top, behind Shanks and Vargas.  He's unlikely to see much game time unless we get injuries to those 2.

Probably behind Boyce as well.

BackOfTheNet
18 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Bottom line is Tagawa is now 3rd choice for playing up top, behind Shanks and Vargas.  He's unlikely to see much game time unless we get injuries to those 2.

I still don’t see Vargas as a striker though. See him as a no.10 or winger. Tagawa too can play multiple positions I think though, but his primary one is up top whereas I don’t think Vargas’ is.

20 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Probably behind Boyce as well.

Yep agreed.  But I guess my point is that's where he'll stay unless he can find form, and how does he do that?  If he's staying (which means we've had no bids cos we won't rip up a 3 year contract!), then we need to get him firing.  I think it's obvious the lad can play.  So we need to bring it out.

Catch 22, chicken and egg, swings and roundabouts, a bird in the hand.  Or something.

But my bottom line is if we get Tagawa playing well next season, it'd be good for us.  But at the same time, if he goes having made no impact, it's just one of those and we need to bring in one or two new faces at CF.

HopeDiouf
Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

I still don’t see Vargas as a striker though. See him as a no.10 or winger. Tagawa too can play multiple positions I think though, but his primary one is up top whereas I don’t think Vargas’ is.

I see him as 2nd striker/winger.  Evident Vargas now ahead of Tagawa for that spot, based on the teams the manager has been picking.  I doubt we'll see much more of Tagawa unless we get injuries.

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 - Yan Dhanda reportedly signs pre-contract ***
BackOfTheNet
Just now, TheBigO said:

Yep agreed.  But I guess my point is that's where he'll stay unless he can find form, and how does he do that?  If he's staying (which means we've had no bids cos we won't rip up a 3 year contract!), then we need to get him firing.  I think it's obvious the lad can play.  So we need to bring it out.

Catch 22, chicken and egg, swings and roundabouts, a bird in the hand.  Or something.

But my bottom line is if we get Tagawa playing well next season, it'd be good for us.  But at the same time, if he goes having made no impact, it's just one of those and we need to bring in one or two new faces at CF.

He probably is behind Boyce in the pecking order, to be fair. Personally I don’t think he should be as we have proven we don’t need Boyce and I’d much rather we develop players who have room to improve and if Boyce hadn’t extended his contract we’d have his wages freed up. Although Boyce is a very good squad player to have, no doubt.

HopeDiouf
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

It's football, it's harsh, but he's failed to perform when given chances.  I don't see him being given many more.  We're not a charity.

5 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

Like it !  Shanks is gonna love the service he gets from this guy imo.

Just watched some highlights, he can cross a ball, not afraid to have a shot and takes a good penalty.

Will be a good addition.

Well done to whoever got that done.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So no need to splash £300-£400k on Dhanda then :wink:

Makes absolute sense, if the pre contract is true. 

Mods!!!! Scerf above heid, please!  You jinxed the Fraser deal with an early title change!  Back in yer den.

Just now, Gmcjambo said:

EEN saying we're in pre contract talks with Penrice.

Like him as well, another good addition if we can sort that out.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yeah,  Gino was a slow burner as well.

As long as we have good players at this current time we can persevere and manage 2/3 project types. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

8 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

Like it !  Shanks is gonna love the service he gets from this guy imo.

They may never play together 

1 minute ago, HopeDiouf said:

It's football, it's harsh, but he's failed to perform when given chances.  I don't see him being given many more.  We're not a charity.

No, which is why I said above the unknown is how the lad is training.  If he's doing well, working hard, and Naisy sees something, we persevere.  Mad not to.

If he's looking down, going through motions, you have to make the decision

Just now, feej said:

Like him as well, another good addition if we can sort that out.

A bit of sepculation about interest in Cochrane from down south.   One of our more sellable players who we should be able to command a decent fee for.   Last few days of this window look like they are getting mroe interesting.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

He probably is behind Boyce in the pecking order, to be fair. Personally I don’t think he should be as we have proven we don’t need Boyce and I’d much rather we develop players who have room to improve and if Boyce hadn’t extended his contract we’d have his wages freed up. Although Boyce is a very good squad player to have, no doubt.

The daily "back of the net" reminder that you don't think Boyce should have extended.

We all Ken!

Now it's out your system,  you don't need to mention it again until tomorrow. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Just now, Gmcjambo said:

A bit of sepculation about interest in Cochrane from down south.   One of our more sellable players who we should be able to command a decent fee for.   Last few days of this window look like they are getting mroe interesting.

Indeed, EEN saying Hearts looking for £2m at least for Cochrane.

Famous 1874

All happening now! 

Dhanda pre-contract confirmed. Now in talks with James Penrice from Livi, also on a pre contract. 

My guess is that we’ll look to cash in on Cochrane in the summer. Assuming he makes it clear that he won’t sign a new contract.  

RustyRightPeg

Two really shrewd bits of business here in Dhanda and Penrice. There's wee nuggets to be picked up in this league and we appear to be waking up to that fact.

What a really good window this could be. 

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The daily "back of the net" reminder that you don't think.Boyce should have extended.

We all Ken!

Says the guy who mentioned Robbie Neilson all day every day forever. 

pandasaur

Cochrane's probably my favourite player at the club but would say that this is the window to sell as he won't sign a new deal I suspect. We've been good for him and he's been good for us, would be pleased to see him get a decent move down south.

Only makes sense if we can get Penrice in to replace, who I don't think is as good but has been a standout for Livi. Wondering if a Cochrane move is in the works if the pre contract rumour is now officially being reported.

Pleased with Dhanda.

Finally feels like we are bringing in round pegs for round holes.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, feej said:

that’s no where near enough IMO

Dhanda- knows the league, performed well in the league for a poor team, creative, always looked a good player against us, a good age, probably won’t be on too big a wage as well. Good signing I would say

also seen Celtic fans saying he was the best midfielder on the park at park head on sat? Hopefully we get him

in before the deadline, could be the missing link in our attacking play

hughesie27
2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

My guess is that we’ll look to cash in on Cochrane in the summer. Assuming he makes it clear that he won’t sign a new contract.  

From what I've heard Cochrane has some personal reasons he wants a move back down south and has earmarked this Summer as his opportunity to try and get a move back. This has been his plan since before the end of last season.

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, feej said:

£2M to even start discussions. We'd get more if he went in the next couple of days.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Paris 84 said:

Says the guy who mentioned Robbie Neilson all day every day forever. 

Not sure I've mentioned him for a bit or how that's relevant in a 2024 transfer thread.

Try and stay on topic!

The Real Maroonblood
39 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Weird. Overheard something on the radio said it will be 23:30 instead of midnight and just assumed it would be 31st. Thought they only pushed it to the 1st if 31st landed on a weekend? Weird.

It is weird. 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, hughesie27 said:

From what I've heard Cochrane has some personal reasons he wants a move back down south and has earmarked this Summer as his opportunity to try and get a move back. This has been his plan since before the end of last season.

Completely fair.

If Cochrane is attracitng interest from the top half of the English Champ, then his permanent move to us has worked for all parties. It's exactly what both wanted. We get a fee, he has developed as a player and got his move down the road again.  

RustyRightPeg

Surely wee skint Davey will take £50K for Penrice now. 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Sooks said:

Where is the Penrice rumour coming from 

EEN have published article.

Thought Police
Just now, Sooks said:

Barry Anderson

I watched Penrice recently when they played Aberdeen.

He looked superb he never really showed much against us tbf but his performance v Aberdeen was very impressive.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I posted it in here last week. 

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

that’s no where near enough IMO

Bidding would have to start at £2m.

Dhanda & Penrice on pre contracts would be good business, hopefully we can agree a price to bring them here in Jan but if not then there’s no immediate rush to bring them in either

BackOfTheNet
9 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The daily "back of the net" reminder that you don't think Boyce should have extended.

We all Ken!

But my post was on topic and valid point to make about prioritising ageing players over players that are still to develop, no?

RustyRightPeg
On 24/01/2024 at 13:01, rael11 said:

I heard last week that we’ve offered a pre contract to another Scottish premier left back. Maybe something in this 

Go on the boy

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Surely wee skint Davey will take £50K for Penrice now. 

We was greeting the other day saying they've actually got funds but players don't want to play on the pitch. He said it was a lot of pish and that they're not up for a relegation scrap :laugh:

They're offski.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***