***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***

dazajmbo

stevie1874
6 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

That bit is so true. We were lucky we got someone who saw the positives of coming back to the club he was on loan at and performed well for. That sort of mentality is missing from a lot of English lads that come through the academy systems down south.

Don’t really want to see him go but as others have said he deserves his chance at a higher level. Hope if he goes we get a decent fee he does well, and other players from down south see the path he took as a positive one. 

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• GinRummy

• Sooks

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bobskeldon
8 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Deary me. 

Exactly, whoever posted this about Boyce needs to get a seat that faces the pitch🤬

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, Spongebob said:

Some move for the laddie. Gets relegated with Livi then signs for the famous. Lucky man !!

Similar to Andy Robertson. Hull to Liverpool.

karipidis
20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The fact we are in for a left back could be to do with the fact Kingsley is seen as more of a CB these days. 

I agree with this. I don’t think Penrice is being brought in as a Cochrane replacement, think he is coming in to give competition to Cochrane, and if he leaves then we will sign another left back. It’s clear Naismith now sees Kingsley at a centre back. 

39 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Be sad to see Cochrane go tbh :(

Definitely be a sad day but always one that’s been inevitable since he joined. I think he’s a terrific player and his attitude is absolutely top class, he’ll have a good career down south and deserves to test himself.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Rowles is still to come back and will play lft sided centre back.

Kingsley, IMO, is better than Cochrane and more than capable of moving between lb/lwb.

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, boag1874 said:

Definitely be a sad day but always one that’s been inevitable since he joined. I think he’s a terrific player and his attitude is absolutely top class, he’ll have a good career down south and deserves to test himself.

Yeah, defo and unaviodable. Good fits to the gorgie cauldron are hard to find tho.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

SPL signings, but if you really want to improve and step up a level, realistically these are lads who may need a year or so of coming off the bench, Forrest only really now taking his game to the next level after a year and a half

Are the club needing the Clubshop for printing new names on shirts and photo sessions this afternoon? (seeing it's shut at 3pm today). 🙏

BackOfTheNet

Admittedly I know very little about Penrice. Assumed he was a youngster not long broken through, didn’t realise he’s 25.

Mikey1874
3 minutes ago, jim747 said:

Are the club needing the Clubshop for printing new names on shirts and photo sessions this afternoon? (seeing it's shut at 3pm today). 🙏

Monday is a day off at Tynecastle.

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, jim747 said:

df3e31ccaa0a622f677126852436ec5f-1.jpg.6dbf66643720602b907fbee2b4c55cbc.jpg

Jamboscanbevicius

I am a big fan of pre-contracts for players already in our league.

Don’t want to get ahead of ourselves before anything is official, but Dhanda and Penrice both look like logical and solid business if they come off.

Good age. Know the league. Strong performers. No fee. Minimal risk.

There are one or two others worth a look IMO too. Particularly Baccus.

Jack Torrance
5 minutes ago, jim747 said:

:levein_interesting:🤞

weegie jambo

We appear to be covering all the bases with the Penrice move. From what I've heard he is a consistent performer. I really don't want Alex to go and if he stays we have a great selection of left sided defenders. Rowles and Kingsley can both play CHL. Cochrane and Kingsley can both play LB in a four or LWB in a five. Penrice would seem to give us a solid back up in this area. I'll be watching how he performs closely from now on. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Dhanda - delighted to get the pre-contract done, if he comes now for a reasonable fee even better. Would work just as well if we could get fraser on loan until end of season though.

Penrice - good cover at LB for next season, will push Cochrane or whoever we bring in to replace Cochrane if he goes now or in the summer. Shrewd business. Maybe suggest we see Kingsley's long-term future at CB/LCB in a 3.

Both a good age and could theoretically have resale value if they really kick on, and we're getting them for free. This is the type of business we've been desperate for for ages, picking up the best of the rest in the league. And they'll have a full preseason under their belts when we kick the season off. Great stuff.

Jack Torrance
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Monday is a day off at Tynecastle.

Not according to the club website. Maybe that's out of date though.

Edited by Jack Torrance

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
2 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

I am a big fan of pre-contracts for players already in our league.

Don’t want to get ahead of ourselves before anything is official, but Dhanda and Penrice both look like logical and solid business if they come off.

Good age. Know the league. Strong performers. No fee. Minimal risk.

There are one or two others worth a look IMO too. Particularly Baccus.

Baccus and Strain would be 2 more great signings in my book.

17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Maybe only if it’s to give a message to McGregor and Adams. 

They made him captain recently so not sure what that’s all about

Rick Sanchez

Seen quite a few Sellick fans saying Dhanda is a great signing. Apparently ran the show at the weekend.

15 minutes ago, jim747 said:

Haha 🤞 

Dallas Green
5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Seen quite a few Sellick fans saying Dhanda is a great signing. Apparently ran the show at the weekend.

Good to hear. If we can get him in this window, Shankland could easily hit 30 this season with him assisting.

Japan Jambo
2 hours ago, HopeDiouf said:

I see him as 2nd striker/winger.  Evident Vargas now ahead of Tagawa for that spot, based on the teams the manager has been picking.  I doubt we'll see much more of Tagawa unless we get injuries.

6 months at Ross County to sweeten Danda's early release would give County firepower and Tagawa a chance to shine/settle in.

6 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I've got a very good feeling about him.  I have to admit (only cos there's evidence!) that I was cold on him in the summer when his name came up.  I thought we should be looking for better.  That was lazy.  He's improved, despite Ross Co arguably being worse this season.  He looks like a guy who has kind of clicked and also there's something about him that I think he'll relish the bigger stage.

Quite excited to see him in maroon.  Guid hair enaw.

Valois No1

At last. Two low risk signings that are the best players at their current clubs. Know the league well and improve us.

File under good business. Well done Hearts. 

Was at the game and don't remember half this stuff. Guy looks a massive upgrade on what we have...been crying out for this type of attacking midfielder. 

16 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

It was a poor attempt at a joke.

Looks very much like it is happening 

BackOfTheNet
6 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

6 months at Ross County to sweeten Danda's early release would give County firepower and Tagawa a chance to shine/settle in.

it would be less than 4 months, but I actually think it wouldn’t be a bad idea on paper. My main reluctance would be having Adams as his coach for those 4 months. Also wouldn’t help him to assimilate as much up there as it would down here.

By The Light..
5 minutes ago, damo said:

Was at the game and don't remember half this stuff. Guy looks a massive upgrade on what we have...been crying out for this type of attacking midfielder. 

Certainly a big step up on any of our midfield that day!

What would it take to sign now I wonder £3 or 400K maybe?

2 minutes ago, By The Light.. said:

£3 or 400K maybe?

Let's offer the £3 and keep the 400k for something else. :) 

Sorry.....

Thought Police
10 minutes ago, damo said:

Bloody hell!

JamboJoker98
11 minutes ago, damo said:

Well it looks like Halkett can pick him out already so that's a bonus!

Heres Rixxy
12 minutes ago, damo said:

How did we not lose that game :lol:

pettigrewsstylist
18 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I've got a very good feeling about him.  I have to admit (only cos there's evidence!) that I was cold on him in the summer when his name came up.  I thought we should be looking for better.  That was lazy.  He's improved, despite Ross Co arguably being worse this season.  He looks like a guy who has kind of clicked and also there's something about him that I think he'll relish the bigger stage.

Quite excited to see him in maroon.  Guid hair enaw.

I thought he was their pulse against us in Dingwall and a constant threat.

12 minutes ago, damo said:

Good vid.   I'm exactly the same,  noticed none of this apart from his goal (had the blinkers on obviously)!.    It makes a real difference watching a highlights video as good as this and not wondering if it will translate to the Scottish football!     Silky player,   links up play very well and looks just what we need tbh.

DalryJambo
2 minutes ago, By The Light.. said:

Certainly a big step up on any of our midfield that day!

What would it take to sign now I wonder £3 or 400K maybe?

£50k to 100k...plus maybe a youth player on loan to help keep their squad size up. 

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

I thought he was their pulse against us in Dingwall and a constant threat.

Oh, fantastic expression there. Not the usual cliche, 'makes them tick' or 'if he plays well, they play well'. Out of the box, well done sir, 10/10. 👏

AllyjamboDerbyshire
31 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Dhanda - delighted to get the pre-contract done, if he comes now for a reasonable fee even better. Would work just as well if we could get fraser on loan until end of season though.

Penrice - good cover at LB for next season, will push Cochrane or whoever we bring in to replace Cochrane if he goes now or in the summer. Shrewd business. Maybe suggest we see Kingsley's long-term future at CB/LCB in a 3.

Both a good age and could theoretically have resale value if they really kick on, and we're getting them for free. This is the type of business we've been desperate for for ages, picking up the best of the rest in the league. And they'll have a full preseason under their belts when we kick the season off. Great stuff.

Assuming it's either Dhanda or Fraser to the end of the season I'd think Fraser would be the better way to go as I'm sure Dhanda is cup-tied.

Leveins Battalion

Beleive Dhanda has chose us over 3 Championship Clubs and a few European teams including the current Polish Champions,also a late interest from Celtic.

Last I heard was that Penrice is 99% done,just going back and forward with bonuses and the usual stuff.🇱🇻

Not heard anything on Dan Philips but he is a player I rate highly.

ArcticJambo
19 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

At last. Two low risk signings that are the best players at their current clubs. Know the league well and improve us.

File under good business. Well done Hearts. 

It's exactly what the club has been crying out for for years.

I'm hopeful that this is the start of Hearts being an 'attraction' to those up and coming young Jock stars who probably won't quite cut the mustard at the OF.  A team/platform on which to star, hopefully regualrly pushing 2nd place, and an opportunity for stardom elsewhere, England/Continent.

JamboM003
2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Same, I noticed he is a local Livi boy.

Some on here should know him

He is 1000% not a Hibs supporter so there are no worries on that score.  He grew up with my boy and played in some of the same teams when they were younger.  He was in Hibs youth set up for a couple of seasons when he was 13/14.  Went to Partick Thistle after that which is where he made his breakthrough as a first team player.  Had a loan period at Livingston in the Premiership and did so well they went back and signed him permanently.  If i remember correctly, during the loan period at Livi, they played him mostly in an attacking midfield position.

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Assuming it's either Dhanda or Fraser to the end of the season I'd think Fraser would be the better way to go as I'm sure Dhanda is cup-tied.

Something i heard SN say other day about possible deal for Fraser after loan. Think we get him in if we can. I reckon if he is now openly looking to leave them other options may open up for him before summer. Having him here could be half the battle etc.

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Beleive Dhanda has chose us over 3 Championship Clubs and a few European teams including the current Polish Champions,also a late interest from Celtic.

Last I heard was that Penrice is 99% done,just going back and forward with bonuses and the usual stuff.🇱🇻

Not heard anything on Dan Philips but he is a player I rate highly.

Me to.

Lovecraft

Dhanda has nearly always stood out any time I've seen him play.  Including games that weren't against us I've watched.

Really good signing.  Puts in a mean cross and is obviously good at free kicks.

49 minutes ago, karipidis said:

I agree with this. I don’t think Penrice is being brought in as a Cochrane replacement, think he is coming in to give competition to Cochrane, and if he leaves then we will sign another left back. It’s clear Naismith now sees Kingsley at a centre back. 

Yet he subbed Cochrane at HT on Tuesday and put Kingsley to LB.

Kingsley remains the best LB at the club. 

AlphonseCapone

Would Dhanda be just behind Shankland (or our next 20 a season striker)?

1 minute ago, ArcticJambo said:

It's exactly what the club has been crying out for for years.

I'm hopeful that this is the start of Hearts being an 'attraction' to those up and coming young Jock stars who probably won't quite cut the mustard at the OF.  A team/platform on which to star, hopefully regualrly pushing 2nd place, and an opportunity for stardom elsewhere, England/Continent.

I wonder if this is Naismith's influence on Savage relating to more players who can hit the ground running (hopefully) rather than have to wait on a "project player" to produce the goods.

It is often difficult for players to come half way round the world and expect them to settle into a different culture, environment not to mention language barriers.

So long as there is decent talent in and around us why go round the globe?

24 minutes ago, damo said:

Anyone watching that and who doesn't have at least a semi thinking of him in maroon needs help.

Lone Striker
22 minutes ago, damo said:

He was outstanding in that game (regardless of the free-kick).  It rare nowadays for a relatively wee guy to be so influential in an attacking midfield role.  Delighted we've got him.  As you say, we need that kind of drive/skill/energy. Shanks will benefit enormously.

ArcticJambo
3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Would Dhanda be just behind Shankland (or our next 20 a season striker)?

I think I know what you're suggesting here, please don't go there! Wondered the same.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***