***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***

dazajmbo

FerryJambo81
8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The guy has played in Primeira Liga scoring goals against Porto and Sporting, he’s way, way above playing for Raith or Inverness in the championship in my opinion. I actually think he’s more than good for us given the chance, but he’s got the most in form striker in the league ahead of him, who also happens to be captain so plays 90 minutes most games.

I should have added (for some reason failing to edit my post) I agree he's likely good enough, I just don't think our way of playing suits him right now. I also think our way of playing will evolve over time, we will get quicker at everything which may well suit him

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• GinRummy

• Sooks

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Diadora Van Basten
12 minutes ago, bazman said:

There was 2 Japanese guys sat behind Savage yesterday. Potentially from a Japanese team over talking to tagawa about going back 

I thought it was harsh to put Halkett on for Shankland rather than Tagawa when we were two goals up with a few minutes to go.

Jamboross
7 minutes ago, bazman said:

There was 2 Japanese guys sat behind Savage yesterday. Potentially from a Japanese team over talking to tagawa about going back 

Again I'd be very surprised if that was the case. One of the main reasons we were able to sign him was because he was desperate to continue playing in Europe after his loan at Santa Clara ended. If he were to move on from us in the near future I'd imagine it would be back to Portugal or to Belgium, Netherlands or Germany where signing Japanese players is even more fashionable than it is here. 

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I thought it was harsh to put Halkett on for Shankland rather than Tagawa when we were two goals up with a few minutes to go.

We put a defender on to tighten things up at the back after they chucked four up front. It's not rocket science. 

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Don’t think you can have more than one team on loan from the same league, and Halliday is on loan with option to buy isn’t he?

Unsure about how many can be loaned out in the same league but Halliday is out of contract this summer and can move there (or anywhere who'll take him) for free. 

Jamboross
2 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I said at the time on the match thread that it was the ideal time to give him some minutes. They were trying to push up, leaving plenty space in behind and we were able to counter. It was the perfect opportunity to give him a chance to shine in a scenario that played to his strengths. 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

We put a defender on to tighten things up at the back after they chucked four up front. It's not rocket science. 

You'll be happy in the next day or 2 chief.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
3 minutes ago, Chong said:

Unsure about how many can be loaned out in the same league but Halliday is out of contract this summer and can move there (or anywhere who'll take him) for free. 

I think Motherwell have an option on him.

9 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I predict nothing happens before Thursday 

Naismith said something about ‘unless there’s players who don’t want to be here’.  I’m going to choose to read loads into that and say someone almost gone. 

BackOfTheNet
21 minutes ago, FerryJambo81 said:

I should have added (for some reason failing to edit my post) I agree he's likely good enough, I just don't think our way of playing suits him right now. I also think our way of playing will evolve over time, we will get quicker at everything which may well suit him

That’s certainly the case. We (correctly) play a style to suit Shankland’s strengths, but that does mean it’s not as easy to adapt for a different style of forward should he not play.

16 minutes ago, Chong said:

So maybe no option, but yeah I’m pretty sure Motherwell can’t loan any more players from us

Bongo 1874
20 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

How I saw it,keep Clean Sheet and Goal Difference too.

Edited by Bongo 1874

Bongo 1874

Tagawa should be played just infront of Shankland in a 4231.

Shankland at the moment is scoring goals from everywhere.

Hope the rumours aren't true, and he's still here after window.

Edited by Bongo 1874

Geoff Kilpatrick
28 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I predict nothing happens before Thursday 

Apart from another 30 pages on here from idiots desperate for something to happen.

Batistuta87
28 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

You'll be happy in the next day or 2 chief.

About time! I've only been asking for about 2 year...🤣🤣

Edited by Batistuta87

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I do think signing Fraser or Dhanda would allow us to play Tagawa more effectively. Its clear his style is using pace against the centre backs so needs to have balls played just behind the back line. 

AlphonseCapone
5 hours ago, jt5161 said:

One of the best backs in the league we should be trying to sign him 

What other player's backs do you like mate?

AlphonseCapone
10 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Anything significant?

Just someone pretending to know stuff it seems.

Jambo in Bathgate
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Beni is a bit like McKay, because he’s a good player folk look to blame players around him when he has a bad game. 

Beni had a few iffy moments yesterday. Don’t think other players were to blame. 

AlphonseCapone
2 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Beni had a few iffy moments yesterday. Don’t think other players were to blame. 

He was poor in the first half, as were a few others. And was much better in the second. Like everyone. 

7 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Just someone pretending to know stuff it seems.

Scott McKenna seems to be the latest ‘rumour’ 🙂 

Jambo in Bathgate
1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

He was poor in the first half, as were a few others. And was much better in the second. Like everyone. 

That’s my opinion too! Thought he moved into space to receive the ball second half. Also Aberdeen press ran out of steam about 50 - 60 minutes. 

14 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

What other player's backs do you like mate?

He would be realistic target 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

What rumours?

4 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Not sure if it's Oda or Tagawa but one of them is finalizing a move away.🤷‍♂️

Would prefer to keep Oda.

We are destined for the bottom six anyway mate , may as well launch both 

9 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What rumours?

The made up ones from the other account 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Sooks said:

The made up ones from the other account 

☺️👍

soonbe110
1 hour ago, Jamboross said:

Again I'd be very surprised if that was the case. One of the main reasons we were able to sign him was because he was desperate to continue playing in Europe after his loan at Santa Clara ended. If he were to move on from us in the near future I'd imagine it would be back to Portugal or to Belgium, Netherlands or Germany where signing Japanese players is even more fashionable than it is here. 

His agents? 

soonbe110
1 hour ago, Jambo dans les Pyrenees said:

I think Motherwell have an option on him.

Already signed the deal.  12 month contract from this summer

AlphonseCapone
22 minutes ago, jt5161 said:

He would be realistic target 

It was a poor attempt at a joke.

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No thanks. 

Should've been 10

Tagawa out and Van Veen in would be decent. Team style wouldn't change much as I think Van Veen would be similar mould to Shankland. Incase Shankland gets a knock or needs rested. 

Any truth in the Mckenna rumour? Would maybe give Halkett more recovery time. 

soonbe110
2 minutes ago, Should've been 10 said:

Tagawa out and Van Veen in would be decent. Team style wouldn't change much as I think Van Veen would be similar mould to Shankland. Incase Shankland gets a knock or needs rested. 

Any truth in the Mckenna rumour? Would maybe give Halkett more recovery time. 

Only way Halkett recovers is if he plays 

Just now, johnking123 said:

Could only see McKenna if we were selling Rowles 

McKenna is unlikely to move back to Scotland unless it was to the OF as anywhere else would be a huge wage cut. Championship down south would be a better guess. 

Should've been 10

Could give Halkett 70 mins per game just now. Or even just get Mckenna as cover for Kent and Halkett as our only other option is Sibbick until Neilson is back next year. 

1 minute ago, Should've been 10 said:

Could give Halkett 70 mins per game just now. Or even just get Mckenna as cover for Kent and Halkett as our only other option is Sibbick until Neilson is back next year. 

Not sure we could sell that move to McKenna ? Come up here and sit on our bench for less money than you get down there playing 

Jamboross
3 minutes ago, Should've been 10 said:

Eh? Even if we could afford him (we can't) Scott McKenna isn't coming back to the SPFL to sit on the bench. He'll be wanting to make sure he's in the squad for the Euros and will want a guaranteed starting slot somewhere. 

Horatio Caine
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Not sure we could sell that move to McKenna ? Come up here and sit on our bench for less money than you get down there playing 

Aye, sounds like a plan right enough

ginger jambo98
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

It would be “less money than you get there sitting watching” as the sheep get seven figures if Forest play him in only one more league game.

BackOfTheNet

Surely people aren’t seriously discussing McKenna? There’s no chance he’d be going anywhere but Celtic if he was to come back up.

But that would purely be because of the money he’s on. Ability wise, he’s actually not that great a defender despite his attributes. Not sure I’ve seen him ever have a great game.

1 minute ago, ginger jambo98 said:

It would be “less money than you get there sitting watching” as the sheep get seven figures if Forest play him in only one more league game.

Whats in it for McKenna though

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I can’t see it happening but playing at the euros needs someone playing every week

ginger jambo98
Just now, Sooks said:

Nowt ! Other than maybe a game.

Not sure where the rumour came from but we’re not in the zone to pay towards him. One more game for Forest triggers the fee that Forest have to pay the Sheep so unless Forest have no option, he won’t play again for them.

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

I can’t see it happening but playing at the euros needs someone playing every week

The guy I was replying to suggested signing him as cover for Kent and Halkett 

RustyRightPeg
12 minutes ago, Should've been 10 said:

McKenna isn’t coming here to sit behind Frankie Kent and Craig Halkett 😂

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Surely people aren’t seriously discussing McKenna? There’s no chance he’d be going anywhere but Celtic if he was to come back up.

But that would purely be because of the money he’s on. Ability wise, he’s actually not that great a defender despite his attributes. Not sure I’ve seen him ever have a great game.

I can’t believe what I'm reading regards McKenna as there is no chance we could afford him as you say  🙈🙈

Hungry hippo

McKenna makes no sense at all. No idea why it's even being discussed as a possibility.

33 minutes ago, theshed said:

I can’t believe what I'm reading regards McKenna as there is no chance we could afford him as you say  🙈🙈

Just idiots making stuff up if you read some of the pish on JKB we would have signed a full this window.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***