***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***

dazajmbo

Watt-Zeefuik
3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I would want someone hell of a lot better than Van Veen with whatever money we receive if we sold Shankland. And if we were to go for a loan until summer I’d prefer a Simms type loan than a journeyman fast approaching 33.

But I don’t think Shankland is going. Rangers have signed Silva and a winger, Dessers is starting to score and Danilo is still their main guy. Only reason they’d sign Shankland is to weaken us, and they can’t afford what it would cost to do that.

I don't think Shanks is going and so long as that's happening I don't think we'll get KVV. The big reason we won't sell Shanks is that KVV is probably as good as we'd be able to get in the waning hours of the window. I imagine we'd get someone like him and then a 20 or 21 year old with blazing pace on loan or some such.

It's just incredibly hard to get quality strikers in January, particularly late on.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• GinRummy

• Sooks

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did anyone else notice Shanks going straight over to chat to one of the players from the Aberdeen bench at FT? Zander then went over and gave him a hug, and they were laughing away together.

Looked like Connor Barron, he's out of contract at the end of the season...

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Looking good feet up now, and will just enjoy what is to come 😀 hopefully a few surprises.

Yeah, its a good position to be in, want Fraser sorted but we have a good balanced squad, 3 players to come back from injury who have been first team players in the past. We have trimmed the squad down to 25 first team players (going up to 26 if Fraser signs) which includes Tait and Pollock. 

We are not scrambling around to find players to fix problem positions like some other teams are doing. And can monitor the market to take advantage of any long term targets.

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I would want someone hell of a lot better than Van Veen with whatever money we receive if we sold Shankland. And if we were to go for a loan until summer I’d prefer a Simms type loan than a journeyman fast approaching 33.

But I don’t think Shankland is going. Rangers have signed Silva and a winger, Dessers is starting to score and Danilo is still their main guy. Only reason they’d sign Shankland is to weaken us, and they can’t afford what it would cost to do that.

Agree 👍🏼

Scott Fraser would be a welcome bonus but hopefully the upturn in form from Grant and Hoff plus the emergence of Tait negate the need for him

Just now, BigAlim said:

Scott Fraser would be a welcome bonus but hopefully the upturn in form from Grant and Hoff plus the emergence of Tait negate the need for him

Yep. Tait looks like he can step up. 

soonbe110
Just now, BigAlim said:

Fraser sitting in the stand watching them has been the kick up the rear they needed? 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Fraser sitting in the stand watching them has been the kick up the rear they needed? 

The master plan ? 

11 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Was anyone on Fraser watch this afternoon? 

He wasn't in directors box today. He's probably had to go back to Charlton so he isn't in breach of contract 

Auld Reekin'
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

The master plan ? 

:icon14: Yup - don't actually sign him, but pay him a modest monthly fee to sit in the stand, occasionally shaking his head, making tut-tutting noises, and pretending to write things in a notebook.

:look:

1 minute ago, Auld Reekin' said:

:icon14: Yup - don't actually sign him, but pay him a modest monthly fee to sit in the stand, occasionally shaking his head, making tut-tutting noises, and pretending to write things in a notebook.

:look:

Motm sitting on his arse. :pleasing:

1 hour ago, andrew said:

Did anyone else notice Shanks going straight over to chat to one of the players from the Aberdeen bench at FT? Zander then went over and gave him a hug, and they were laughing away together.

I’d take him

1 minute ago, Skye1874 said:

I’d take him

Would you batter him aye?

1 hour ago, andrew said:

Noticed that too. 

What would the development fee be there? Looks like he only joined Aberdeens youth ranks in 2017-2020, so not one that had been there since like 12 or whatever. 

If we can get him, would be very keen to see that done. Especially if Beni moves on. 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, OTT said:

Noticed that too. 

What would the development fee be there? Looks like he only joined Aberdeens youth ranks in 2017-2020, so not one that had been there since like 12 or whatever. 

If we can get him, would be very keen to see that done. Especially if Beni moves on. 

Cant imagine it will be cheap for him. But if affordable he is a very good player.

Though there has been rumours around for a while that Rangers are after him, thats why he is not signing a new contract.

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Cant imagine it will be cheap for him. But if affordable he is a very good player.

Though there has been rumours around for a while that Rangers are after him, thats why he is not signing a new contract.

Yeah, i'd also saw something about Aberdeen playing silly beggers with the contract extension offer. 

Maybe worth throwing our hat in the ring. Not a player we desperately need with Denholm, Tait and hopefully more to come. But I think he could do quite well here. 

JimmyCant
4 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Any news on incomings? 

We are only days away from the window closing 

I think we’ve made it quite clear there is no one else coming in outwith Fraser if we can get it done

UNLESS - someone leaves 

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I think we’ve made it quite clear there is no one else coming in outwith Fraser if we can get it done

UNLESS - someone leaves 

The thing that I’m not clear about is if we don’t get Fraser will we try and bring someone in last minute. 

JimmyCant
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The thing that I’m not clear about is if we don’t get Fraser will we try and bring someone in last minute. 

Nah. I think Tait has saved us having to do that 

No sign of Haring again yesterday and no mention of him being injured. Assuming something is in the pipeline there.

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Nah. I think Tait has saved us having to do that 

Fair, he’s done really well in the last two games. Amazingly confident for someone so young and inexperienced. 

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

UNLESS - someone leaves 

Or a player becomes available at a reasonable price who is a long term target.

AlimOzturk

Think we should stick with the squad we have a build on it in the summer. Of course there is real possibilities of losing key players which I hope to **** we have proper long term planning in place for. 

gordiegords

I’m feeling quietly confident shankland is going nowhere this window, rangers might be cheeky ah half eleven but we will laugh it out of Gorgie.

He will be here until the summer i reckon then move on.

johnking123
27 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We have Grant, Tait and Pollock. Think we will be fine. Would rather we developed Tait and hopefully Pollock kicks on again.

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, gordiegords said:

I’m feeling quietly confident shankland is going nowhere this window, rangers might be cheeky ah half eleven but we will laugh it out of Gorgie.

He will be here until the summer i reckon then move on.

he will sign a new deal IMO.  Rangers will never pay what we want 

troonmaroon
27 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

No sign of Haring again yesterday and no mention of him being injured. Assuming something is in the pipeline there.

Whilst clearly not in the squad etc (and as you say no mention made...) he was at the match, sat behind the dugout. 

44 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Any news on incomings? 

We are only days away from the window closing 

I'd be delighted if the window shut without any further movement in or out. We're in a decent place in terms of our squad and league position.

johnking123

We get Beni, Gordon, Shankland and Cochrane on longer deals. Then it will have been excellent window. I say Cochrane because we have offer him a better deal apparently after the bit of interest in him.

Wonder if we've actually offered Dhanda or Phillips contracts? No pressure to get them done during the window, of course, other than the risk of losing out to someone else. I think when we signed Halkett and Forrest on pre-contract agreements they were tied up around April time. Or at least announced then?

15 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

I'd be delighted if the window shut without any further movement in or out. We're in a decent place in terms of our squad and league position.

Still feel we beed something in midfield creativity wise and a striker in on loan, to cover any injuries we may get in the run in 

johnking123
4 minutes ago, Pingu said:

Wonder if we've actually offered Dhanda or Phillips contracts? No pressure to get them done during the window, of course, other than the risk of losing out to someone else. I think when we signed Halkett and Forrest on pre-contract agreements they were tied up around April time. Or at least announced then?

Not sure. Phillips to replace Haring makes sense. Dhanda to help when Mckay  is not playing.

10 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Not sure. Phillips to replace Haring makes sense. Dhanda to help when Mckay  is not playing.

If McKay's contract is up at the end of the season I would be tempted to just let it run out and bring in a replacement such as Dhanda.

When you mention when Mckay is not playing that means most of the season or when he feels like turning up which if we are totalkly honest is not very often.

The guy has undoubted talent but never turns up in the big games so for me is surplus to requirement.

14 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Still feel we beed something in midfield creativity wise and a striker in on loan, to cover any injuries we may get in the run in 

I think the first half yesterday showed that. I felt sorry for Beni as he got little or no help from those meant to be playing beside him.

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

If McKay's contract is up at the end of the season I would be tempted to just let it run out and bring in a replacement such as Dhanda.

When you mention when Mckay is not playing that means most of the season or when he feels like turning up which if we are totalkly honest is not very often.

The guy has undoubted talent but never turns up in the big games so for me is surplus to requirement.

His contract is till 2025

Geoff Kilpatrick
19 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

January window should be ditched..

Leagues that play summer football might object.

Transfer windows should be abolished in general.

Tommy Brown
22 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

January window should be ditched..

Players get injured as we well know.

How do we compensate with no mis season window?

6 minutes ago, bigdav said:

His contract is till 2025

Well I hope when he is back fit that he starts playing to his full potential instead of his usual half pace and can't be bothered attitude.

Chuck Berry
5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Transfer windows should be abolished in general.

Whilst I get what you're saying, imagine transfer speculation over Shankland day after day, month after month

BackOfTheNet
30 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Whilst I get what you're saying, imagine transfer speculation over Shankland day after day, month after month

This. Not sure why anyone who remembers the days when players like McLaren or McKinley (I think even McCann?) would be poached whenever the OF felt like it. At least with windows you get to have breathing space for a run of games.

BackOfTheNet

Days away from the window shutting and I am completely content with the squad as is. Have felt like this at the end of windows before, but not sure I’ve been this content with a squat for the duration of a window before. Absolutely fine with no incomings or outgoings.

Chillidigits
14 hours ago, Dazo said:

The master plan ? 

Great plan. If the team's playing crap invite a good player to come and watch the game , slip him a few quid to pretend he's having a medical then observe the magical improvement in teams performance.

RustyRightPeg
43 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Well I hope when he is back fit that he starts playing to his full potential instead of his usual half pace and can't be bothered attitude.

😂😂😂 

50 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Players get injured as we well know.

How do we compensate with no mis season window?

It could be reduced to 2 or 3 weeks imo.

Heartsofgold

Would not be overly worried about no incomings, as long as we lose no one in this window. 

22 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Days away from the window shutting and I am completely content with the squad as is. Have felt like this at the end of windows before, but not sure I’ve been this content with a squat for the duration of a window before. Absolutely fine with no incomings or outgoings.

TMI re what you do in your bathroom.

1 hour ago, Spookie said:

That's fair but I'm not a fan of an overly big squad and I'm quite comfortable with our creative midfield options with less than 4 months of the season to go. I think Grant has been playing very well for months now, as has Forrest. I still believe the Hoff will be a very good player for us and needs to keep playing to develop and we have Tait and potentially Pollock breaking through. Mackay should also come back in once he's recovered and we have Beni and Devlin to give us security plus Denholm. The midfield cupboard is not as bare as some often make out.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***