Nieuwenhof ( merged )

Jackhmfc1348

AussieObserver
On 21/09/2023 at 03:58, mr fox said:

If you don’t have pace at football you are playing a lower level than you could. What a crazy statement saying you don’t need pace. 

You need to watch the A-League. There are plenty of players with pace that are playing at a far higher level than they deserve!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• GinRummy

• The Black Prince

• Chimp

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, AussieObserver said:

You need to watch the A-League. There are plenty of players with pace that are playing at a far higher level than they deserve!

No one should be made to watch the A League 😂

My expectations were low so not shocked that he is shit. Just another dud thrown at us by that fraud Savage. The bar has been set very very low with him that I write off all our recruits on day 1 and that sucks.

7 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

He's pish. Built like a 12 year old. 

Pretty much like our entire squad. Not one of our lot would have been anywhere near the middle row in a school photograph let alone the back row. All small boys, the ****ing lot of them.

On 24/09/2023 at 07:40, i8hibsh said:

My expectations were low so not shocked that he is shit. Just another dud thrown at us by that fraud Savage. The bar has been set very very low with him that I write off all our recruits on day 1 and that sucks.

IMG_5726.jpeg

Impressed me the last three games. Rarely gives the ball away and actually can carry the ball. Could be a real player for us. But let’s take it a game at a time. 

6 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Looking useful 👌 

This. 

He's beginning to answer some of his critics on here. Thought he had a good game, with more to come yet IMHO. 

He was badly let down by McLean tonight.

That should have been a yellow for the Kilmarnock player.

But the more serious offence of giving the ball to somebody else, with 20 seconds to go, for a throw in is more worthy of a yellow.

Pathetic from an Ayrshire, I think, official.

Edited by SectionDJambo

I thought he was a bit lightweight for the Scottish game but tonight he stood up to a ‘robust’ bunch of hammer throwers and on a shit pitch in the pissing rain! Well done young man! 👍

Glamorgan Jambo

Had an excellent game. May or may not be a top player but if he can boss the midfield for us vs the Kilmarnocks, Dundees and Motherwells of this world that will be a huge step forward for the club.

On 24/09/2023 at 07:40, i8hibsh said:

Captain Kneejerk has spoken. 

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I thought he was a bit lightweight for the Scottish game but tonight he stood up to a ‘robust’ bunch of hammer throwers and on a shit pitch in the pissing rain! Well done young man! 👍

Lightweight I definitely agree with but he has shown flashes.

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Captain Kneejerk has spoken. 

The guy has been utterly shite since he joined. Has an ok game tonight and now some fans start chugging  over him.

Surely they are the ones 'kneejerking'?

Edited by i8hibsh

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

The guy has been utterly shite since he joined. Has an ok game tonight and now some fans start over him.

Ffs he’s been injured and hardly had any game time!  Was good when he came on against Aberdeen too.  Give him time before you get the pitchforks out or do we write him off immediately because he’s an Aussie? 

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

The guy has been utterly shite since he joined. Has an ok game tonight and now some fans start over him.

‘an ok game ‘ 

what a saddo you are 

Sorry, seen nothing in him that would suggest he can be a success at Hearts. Far too lightweight and too easily loses the ball. Hope i’m wrong but he looked

like a 17 year old tonight. Devlin was miles ahead of him. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Technically decent, little bit lightweight but looks like he’s got ability. Think the best is still to come. 

Definitely, all the Aussies are a bit lightweight really for some reason. 

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The guy has been utterly shite since he joined. Has an ok game tonight and now some fans start chugging  over him.

He’s not been shite. He’s had very limited appearances because of injury and the fact that he’s a 22 year old who has just moved to the other side of the world. 

He’s done some good things in his limited game time so far without really convincing. 

He did pretty well tonight and I think he’ll take a load of confidence from his display.

The biggest concerns on here about him were was he quick enough and was he physical enough. Thought he addressed those concerns tonight against a big aggressive team. 

Stop being such a drama queen. 

There looks like there is a player in there - solid tonight tonight and helped by having another midfielder tonight who can also pass and move in Grant.

Just like Haring is backup to Devlin, I think Calem is backup (just now) to Beni, perhaps playing in front of Grant against some tougher games.

11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

There are plenty of players who were written off when they joined us. I can think of 2 cup winning captains that were shit when they joined us. 

Edited by Tazio

There's a difference between having a quiet game and having a shit game. Time will tell, but he rarely wastes the ball and he looks positive in possession.

The first goal tonight eventually came from him carrying the ball forward from midfield and disrupting Kilmarnock's shape. That's one of the things we've been missing from our midfield recently.

If he can bulk up a bit those driving runs will become more effective.

13 minutes ago, Tazio said:

There are plenty of players who were written off when they joined us. I can think of 2 cup winning captains that were shit when they joined us. 

Aye. That Freddie Glidden didn’t look too hot when he joined us😀

26 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Sorry, seen nothing in him that would suggest he can be a success at Hearts. Far too lightweight and too easily loses the ball. Hope i’m wrong but he looked

like a 17 year old tonight. Devlin was miles ahead of him. 

Fitbaw eh.

We talking about the same player? He hardly ever wasted possession of the ball. Had some really nice turns in tight spaces tonight, good control, composure and drove forward on a couple of occasions, giving Killie an extra body to worry about. He also got stuck in, which I liked to see against this DM Kilmarnock side. Devlin totally different kind of player to him. Think they can compliment each other.

6 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Fitbaw eh.

We talking about the same player? He hardly ever wasted possession of the ball. Had some really nice turns in tight spaces tonight, good control, composure and drove forward on a couple of occasions, giving Killie an extra body to worry about. He also got stuck in, which I liked to see against this DM Kilmarnock side. Devlin totally different kind of player to him. Think they can compliment each other.

Same, I really like how he wants to surge forward with the ball.

He and Vargas have both been a bit unlucky in that they've been plugging away doing the right things, but without it really coming off yet. I like them both.

43 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

🥱🥱

40 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Another good game, struggled to keep his feet and hopefully not injured as Pete is done. 

Wasn't the only one on that joke of a pitch! 

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Get tae, the boy had a decent game tonight, Things are hard at the moment but you only come on here to slate all things Hearts. Maybe go support another team. 🤨

MoTM tonight. Looked after the ball and rarely lost possession, if at all. Stood up to the physical side of things a bit better than previously.

Very good on a surface and conditions that must be completely alien to him.

Certainly something to build on.

• davemclaren changed the title to Nieuwenhof ( merged )