Shankland

Thomaso

We need to be seeing if he will sign a new contract.  Wage rise to keep him , some of the £140k a month from the FOH or maybe our benefactor ? 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The evidence is, the number of fans noticing it. I certainly noticed it against leeds. That groundswell of folk who can see it, is sufficient evidence. 

It’s fairer to say he is out of condition rather than “fat” which is a typical exaggeration by fans. 

Other players have come back lean mean machines. Look at the condition of Boyce, Atkinson, Haring. They are raring to go, they’ve been counting every calorie and every rep in the gym. It’s shown Lawrence up a bit, he’s playing catch-up with these guys who are clearly more fitness fanatics than he is. He’s had a summer which he’s entitled to do. But that has consequences. 

None of the above will detract from the fact that he done his job, you can’t criticise a ST who has 2 in 2. But out of condition, he definitely is. 

If he has come back after the summer in a bad condition he should be getting a kick up his fat arse.

Something about his body language has been a bit off the last two games. Maybe his mind is elsewhere.

Having said that he has two goals in two games.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, jtkb said:

No worries when he goes to Saudi Ramadan fasting will shed those love handles for him.

Hilarious, and ill informed nonsense, just the usual. 

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

If he has come back after the summer in a bad condition he should be getting a kick up his fat arse.

Something about his body language has been a bit off the last two games. Maybe his mind is elsewhere.

Having said that he has two goals in two games.

For me it’s only “bad” condition in relative terms - relative to others who’ve come back in terrific shape, so he’s playing catch up and it’s noticeable. But players are entitled to let hair down in summer. I don’t think it’ll take too long tbf. 

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The evidence is, the number of fans noticing it. I certainly noticed it against leeds. That groundswell of folk who can see it, is sufficient evidence. 

It’s fairer to say he is out of condition rather than “fat” which is a typical exaggeration by fans. 

Other players have come back lean mean machines. Look at the condition of Boyce, Atkinson, Haring. They are raring to go, they’ve been counting every calorie and every rep in the gym. It’s shown Lawrence up a bit, he’s playing catch-up with these guys who are clearly more fitness fanatics than he is. He’s had a summer which he’s entitled to do. But that has consequences. 

None of the above will detract from the fact that he done his job, you can’t criticise a ST who has 2 in 2. But out of condition, he definitely is. 

out of condition I get - not match fit / sharp etc.

But I personally don't see any difference in the shape / outline of the lad compared to last season.

anyways - 2 in 2 and hopefully this continues through the season.

have we all decided against spending £1m+ on Lowry after last night's game? Not like folk to be knee jerk reactionaries on here 😁

2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

if Shanks is fat, what does that make half of hearts fans who struggle to walk up a few flights of steps?

I'm not sure but I don't think someone paying to watch a game of football needs to be an athlete 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

out of condition I get - not match fit / sharp etc.

But I personally don't see any difference in the shape / outline of the lad compared to last season.

anyways - 2 in 2 and hopefully this continues through the season.

have we all decided against spending £1m+ on Lowry after last night's game? Not like folk to be knee jerk reactionaries on here 😁

Lowry did fine last night got involved and few things just did not come of for him but the laddie has confidence in bucket loads and great feet still pay 1 mil 😀 maybe start a thread lowry how much this week with sliding scale graph. 

Edited by jtkb

He's 28. He's got 2 - 3 years left to make decent money then he's 30 - 31 and its a sliding scale down to he's 34/35 then its retirement or £500/week at Dunfermline or whatever. 

Cant blame the lad if he's going to get 5 - 10 times his salary away from Hearts.

Hope he stays but I can understand it if he goes for the money.

Edited by Pans Jambo

25 minutes ago, jtkb said:

Thing is if say we did get 5 mil what would we do with the cash. Could we replace his goals with it. We did buy those goals for around 400k. So could we get lucky again? Hmmm. 

And Motherwell got Van Veen for free, Aberdeen got Duk for around £400k and Cosgrove for next to nothing, County got Charles Cook and Boyce for free, Hibs got Nisbet for £250k. 

They're maybe not all as good as Shanks overall but they all scored plenty at our level and were amongst the top scorers in the league whilst here. I love Shanks and would be gutted to see him go but if we got offered silly money then we have to take it, his goals aren't irreplaceable for a modest fee as other clubs have shown, we've just generally been poor at finding these players in the past. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
38 minutes ago, jtkb said:

Being serious the interlopers spreading this nonsense about his weight must be very pleased with themselfs . But tell you this when he smashes the ball in the net many times this season we will have the last laugh for sure.

:lol:

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

in defence of the slightly burly (at times) robbo sports science and nutrition etc not as advanced as now and also he did extra training with George McNeill etc so maybe he was just big-boned :)

Who put the ball in the hibees net?shankland, shankland 

who put the ball in the hibees net? Laurence shankeland 

it was always meant to be!!! 

4 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Who put the ball in the hibees net?shankland, shankland 

who put the ball in the hibees net? Laurence shankeland 

it was always meant to be!!! 

I think we can work out who wants shanks sold . 😄 our little green neighbours 😛

Shankland was away with Scotland, so I suspect he was given extra time off before reporting back for pre season. He simply looks like he's a week or two behind his teammates in terms of sharpness. That'll come.

If we get an offer of £3m, it should be up to Shankland. He's been excellent and proved a few doubters wrong (myself included). If he stays, great, if he gets a move like that, who could grudge him for taking it.

highlandjambo3
57 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Ok enough fat jokes remember “out of condition” is the politically correct term 

He’s not fat…….he’s just easier to see is all 🤣🤣

All roads lead to Gorgie

I think match day threads maybe need to be avoided for a time for a lot of folks that post spur of the moment comments when passions are running high at certain times in matches. There are interlopers and they can GTF but people saying that Shankland is not fully up to speed with fitness yet or he doesn't look as switched on as he was last season they are intitled to express that and not be accused of being vermin!

1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I think match day threads maybe need to be avoided for a time for a lot of folks that post spur of the moment comments when passions are running high at certain times in matches. There are interlopers and they can GTF but people saying that Shankland is not fully up to speed with fitness yet or he doesn't look as switched on as he was last season they are intitled to express that and not be accused of being vermin!

I honestly don’t know how people find the time. I go to home games and maybe a couple of always a season but stream almost all the aways. When you’re constantly commenting on match day threads you’re missing half the game. I do post on them but rarely during games, other than briefly after we score or lose a goal. 

2 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Of course mate. Overweight or not he has scored twice. If and when and dip occurs people should remember that he is a class act. 

And I agree. We have some utter welts on here who throw crap at players all too often. 

My point is, they remain fans. Not alleged fans. They just happen to be arseholes. 😂 

YAAAAASSSSSS !!😅

28 minutes ago, blairdin said:

Shankland was away with Scotland, so I suspect he was given extra time off before reporting back for pre season. He simply looks like he's a week or two behind his teammates in terms of sharpness. That'll come.

If we get an offer of £3m, it should be up to Shankland. He's been excellent and proved a few doubters wrong (myself included). If he stays, great, if he gets a move like that, who could grudge him for taking it.

Are professional football players in any way related to seal pups? Cause I know of nothing else that puts on so much weight in such a short time. I've not been in the gym for years and don't pile it on as easily, allegedly, as our players do.

35 minutes ago, blairdin said:

For doing a year of work he signed up and is paid to do?

Nonsense, imo. He's worth much more than £3m to the club and it'll be the club who decides if he's sold. You're talking like he's given us 5 years or something on peanuts.

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I honestly don’t know how people find the time. I go to home games and maybe a couple of always a season but stream almost all the aways. When you’re constantly commenting on match day threads you’re missing half the game. I do post on them but rarely during games, other than briefly after we score or lose a goal. 

As a season ticket holder I'm at all the home games and like you a few away games if I have the time and money available. I rarely watch any streams so I do read match threads to keep up to date and I will sometimes post on them but it's usually responding to what I am hearing from others who are watching the action. I have posted things I wish I hadn't and I'm sure many are in the same boat. Some posts are in jest but not all people have a sense of humour so that can be problematic too 😁 

Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

As a season ticket holder I'm at all the home games and like you a few away games if I have the time and money available. I rarely watch any streams so I do read match threads to keep up to date and I will sometimes post on them but it's usually responding to what I am hearing from others who are watching the action. I have posted things I wish I hadn't and I'm sure many are in the same boat. Some posts are in jest but not all people have a sense of humour so that can be problematic too 😁 

Aye I should have said, if I’m not actually watching it and listening on the radio I’ll post but when you read through it there’s folk who are obviously watching and posting at the same time. I’ve tried that but end up missing half the game. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Aye I should have said, if I’m not actually watching it and listening on the radio I’ll post but when you read through it there’s folk who are obviously watching and posting at the same time. I’ve tried that but end up missing half the game. 

I know it's tricky getting the fat fingers to type at the best of times and then when you're in the middle of writing something some fat fecker like Shankland scores a goal 😉

It's a joke people 😄

Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I know it's tricky getting the fat fingers to type at the best of times and then when you're in the middle of writing something some fat fecker like Shankland scores a goal 😉

It's a joke people 😄

😂😂😂

FarmerTweedy
16 hours ago, boag1874 said:

We have some power of idiots on this board. Hope he does **** all & scores again on Saturday

That's one way of preparing for Sunday's game!

5 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

That's one way of preparing for Sunday's game!

D'oh! Aw well, the fat prick needs the exercise :lol: 

Edited by boag1874

5 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Not as much running from shankland so far. Last year he was all over the place. Just looks a bit disinterested so far. Do think he will move.

What kind of offer do you think Hearts would consider?

If he's fat, then some of the folk slagging him off are going to be categorised as the size of whales!! 

Ridiculous shit-stirring. Hibs interlopers I sorta get, as much as they are the saddest pricks on the internet - but Hearts fans feeding this crap need a word with themselves. 

Shanks looked a tad frustrated last night, granted you would be if you were a bit isolated and the game isn't going our way. He still buried the single decent chance that came his way and is a far better striker than anything Hibs have. 

His detractors can go piss up a rope. :P

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Just because a group of idiots notice something doesn't make it more correct than one idiot noticing it.

A larger number of idiots saying the same thing does not make it evidence. 

I agree with the rest.

HeartsandonlyHearts
7 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The evidence is, the number of fans noticing it. I certainly noticed it against leeds. THAT GROUNDSWELL of folk who can see it, is sufficient evidence. 

He’s not that fat!!

His size is not the issue to me - its his body language.  A couple of times in the last 2 games he's behaved like kevin the teenager when things dont go his way - he's our Capt FFS.

alicante jambo
6 minutes ago, briever said:

His size is not the issue to me - its his body language.  A couple of times in the last 2 games he's behaved like kevin the teenager when things dont go his way - he's our Capt FFS.

Possibly frustrated like the rest of us mate who watched the 1st halves of the 2 matches. Hes started where he finished. If he continues like this he will hit 25 plus this year.

Both games this season he's been isolated and looked frustrated.  Yet as soon as we get subs on and players close to him he comes alive and contributes brilliantly, hopefully now we have a few players back we start like that and don't rely on our subs.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

I haven’t been on this thread for a bit.

Is he still fat?

He's actually trying to gain weight so he can roll and add pace to his game.

Training is going well, he's putting in the extra hours.

e9sDrb.gif

1 hour ago, briever said:

He is two for two , surely that is far more important than his body language . Not really noticed too much different about him any way my self 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Sooks said:

He is two for two , surely that is far more important than his body language . Not really noticed too much different about him any way my self 

Body language.... we have experts on everything here.

Wtf do folk watch at the football?

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

What food players have smuggled in their boot bag apparently. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, gjcc said:

What food players have smuggled in their boot bag apparently. 

Aye. The bacon roll brigade will be on the case soon.

😱

Malinga the Swinga
8 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

What a crock of shit from start to finish. For groundswell of folk, read as half a dozen Hibs fans who post on here.

As usual, they pass off their drivel as 'its my opinion' but really it's just shit stirring.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
1 hour ago, briever said:

If he scores a goal every game I couldn’t give a ****.

13 minutes ago, Angry Haggis said:

Personally speaking, I man love him just the way he is. 

What a player and captain 😙

Yip I like them on the bigger side too mate 

anyone slagging off shankland is not a hearts fan.  Personally I think there is interest but obviously the team havent offered enough money yet.  More than likely rangers offering 2 million because they loaned us lowry.  

Absolute Scenes
22 minutes ago, Angry Haggis said:

Personally speaking, I man love him just the way he is. 

What a player and captain 😙

Correct answer

this thread is absolutely hoaching

48 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Noticing body language is a human trait.    So, if you are watching 22 men running around or focussing on a certain passage of play, or looking away from the play at something off the ball,  you may notice body language.  

You don’t have to go to college to learn it.