Shankland

Thomaso

The guy has scored 30 goals in 49 appearance and some zoomers on here are still finding a way to pick holes in that.

This place  is  beyond embarrassing at times.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Robbo was too fat

Zeefuik was too fat

Shanks is too fat

All goal scorers 

The forum sometimes is laughable. 

Yup, I understand folk’s frustration, especially on the match day thread, but, we should try and stay away from the personal insults, its not productive, imagine being a football player at our club, in a transfer window, and so called supporters throwing insults at you? Way to go.👍

His job is to score goals...nothing else...he does his job superbly well...yet gets pelters from his own fans...you are all idiots

Bungalow Bill

It’s the folk who think because Shanks hasn’t touched the ball means he’s having a poor game. Playing upfront is the hardest position in football. Strikers need service. Their job is to be in the right position and to put the ball into the back of the net. 

JamboJoker98

My main worry is how we replace him if he goes. That amount of goals is not easily replaced and as yet not seen much threat from elsewhere in the team

10 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

"alleged"

Get in the bin man. People are allowed an opinion. 

Just like players are allowed a dip in form but some of the words used against players on this forum are over the top Shirley ?

31 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

His job is to score goals...nothing else...he does his job superbly well...yet gets pelters from his own fans...you are all idiots

gets pelters from a few idiots who clearly know nothing. On the match thread yesterday these idiots went very silent when he scored. They are hobos or don’t even go and watch hearts. I’ve put the lot in ignore as they are off their heads.  
these same folk would say the same about Robbo. Which says it all about them. Clueless

Edited by 1971fozzy

4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

gets pelters from a few idiots who clearly know nothing. On the match thread yesterday these idiots went very silent when he scored. They are hobos or don’t even go and watch hearts. I’ve put the lot in ignore as they are off their heads.  

Yip . Any Hearts supporter who pays to go and watch us knows exactly what Shankland is all about 

John Findlay
34 minutes ago, ramrod said:

The guy has scored 30 goals in 49 appearance and some zoomers on here are still finding a way to pick holes in that.

Actually no.

The modern day striker has to do alot more than just score goals.

Shankland can finish that's not in doubt.

However he is to static at times and has to improve his movement. His first touch let's him down too. He can be knocked off the ball to easily too, so his hold up play needs improving.

Shankland is a good striker in the SPL, but if he works harder improving what I have mentioned above, then he will become an exceptional striker.

5 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Neil McCann is his agent 

Don’t be shocked if we get a few bids for him before the end of the window 

that would keep the roasters who go on about his weight happy. Then if we lose our captain who scores 28 goals a season I look forward to hearing from them who replaces him. 

Shankland struggles when he plays as the lone striker leading the line. He doesn't want to run into that channels, that's not his game.

When he drops back into the 10 role he's class on the ball, holds it up well, people play off him and he still scores goals for fun.

I'm also not having the attitude thing. The moment people picked up on was when he was getting frustrated as **** that we were sitting way too deep and he was getting absolutely no service. Someone lumped a ball miles away from him, he chased the ball out to the left and then threw his hands up when a Rosenborg player was able to easily play it back to their center back. 

To me that's a player that really cares.

When he scored he was the first to calm the others around him down, pointing to his head to say 'think', making sure everyone switches on. That to me is a captain. 

He's also played 2 full 90 mins and has still been running by the end up it so if he's fat and unfit then I must have missed when he's been fit because he must have been Ronaldo-esk.

1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

As others have said thank god kickback wasn’t around in the 80’s or 90’s when Robbo was playing! There were loads of games he didn’t do much but pop up with a goal! It’s what these players do and are invaluable. Shankland is a tremendous player but needs service and support, namely someone with pace to get in behind. He’s great at holding the ball up but even better if you play it into the 6 yard box in front of the posts for him. 

these folk would find fault with Messi for being too wee and he doesnae score enough headers 🤣

think they need to just play FIFA on the PlayStation and create their own superstar avatar 

11 hours ago, Thomaso said:

“Fat”

”Not interested”

”Isn’t trying a leg”

”Terrible Captain”

Just some of the absolute shite posted on here by alleged Hearts fans!

Played in total isolation with no service but dug us out AGAIN with a cracking goal.

So lucky to have him.

👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻 This is what happens when you read a forum infested with vermin, then the lazy media come out with “Hearts fans question his fitness”.

Shankland is an absolutely top class player.  End of. 

2 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Anyone got any pics yet of Shanks looking fat and overweight?

you’ll no get any. Just like they all went silent when he scored last night.  Imagine their rage 🤣

Criticising the ability of our almost 30 goal a season striker is a new one . Some place this . Two games played , two goals scored this season ………. disinterested though 

The Treasurer
56 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

He is the best goalscorer we've had since Robbo, but there's so much more to his game 

Absolute Scenes

Hearts fans are some of the biggest arseholes on the planet. Just Stop Oil at least have an end goal. Our fans dont when it comes to slagging off some of the most impactful players we've had. 

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

If he played for another scottish side this place would be crying out for us to sign him. When you take into account the other attributes he has and what he does to bring others in to play and drop back to link play it is some record. 

Wait 30 year for someone to hit 20 in a season and then moan like **** about him :lol:

"There's only one Jambos Kickback...

One Jambos Kickback!!..."

MR INCREDIBLE

We missed out last night on being able to slip a ball down the channels for a speedy striker so at times there was no options apart from going side to side.

Tagawa will offer that pace then the question is who is the better no. 10 (Boyce for me)

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Take a look at who they are. Most of them constantly pick holes in everything to do with the club. 

Edited by Deevers

This opinion tactic is just a way of starting a rumour which then gets jumped on by others in the jolly band of interlopers. 

Said rumour then grows legs and idiots fall for it. All of a sudden you have people arguing over something that clearly isn’t true.

Need to wise up to the tactics being used against us.

The Goalscoring Knee
57 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

His first touch let's him down too. 

Don't agree with this one, I'm afraid - there were a couple of bombs which came steepling down at him last night which he killed stone dead under pressure, and he's also extremely adept at first-time flick-ons for runners. I don't see too many where the ball bounces off him.

Shanks has been a great signing, one chance last night and he took it. Hopefully we can hang on to him. Give him the support up there and he'll keep on scoring.

Two things can be true at once.  

1) He is one of the best goal scorers in the league and undroppable. 

2) even by his standards he does not currently look his fittest and needs someone rapid near him. 

He is a fantastic striker, deadly on the chance/half chance.

We are lucky to have such a threat. 

FFS enjoy him while he is here! Talent like his is very rare at our level.

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

2) even by his standards he does not currently look his fittest and needs someone rapid near him. 

Spot on

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

makes you wonder why the top players  earning upwards of 250k per week bother getting themselves as fit as they do when carrying a bit of weight is no hindrance to performance (according to the “roasters” on here)

fortunately shankland doesn’t maximise his potential because if he did we’d definitely lose him sooner rather than later

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
19 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

no mate anyone who comments about shanklands weight / fitness (even temporarily) wants him out the team immediately and replaced by a thinner player who only produces about 30% of what shankland does

its not about maximising performance it’s about having thinner players (irrespective of ability) in the team

as for point (2) that’s your eyes deceiving you (or you are hibby) he’s exactly the same weight and fitness as last season not one lb above - exactly the same 

12 hours ago, Thomaso said:

“Fat”

”Not interested”

”Isn’t trying a leg”

”Terrible Captain”

Just some of the absolute shite posted on here by alleged Hearts fans!

Played in total isolation with no service but dug us out AGAIN with a cracking goal.

So lucky to have him.

Ahhhh the wonders of hindsight - he was having a honking game until his goal.  

We need to find a way of maximising his talents more.

37 minutes ago, sjh1874 said:

He is a fantastic striker, deadly on the chance/half chance.

We are lucky to have such a threat. 

FFS enjoy him while he is here! Talent like his is very rare at our level.

yep. Took us 30 years to get someone like him

42 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Very true. Any pictures of Shankland not “looking his fittest”?

Not as much running from shankland so far. Last year he was all over the place. Just looks a bit disinterested so far. Do think he will move.

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

Robbo was too fat

Zeefuik was too fat

Shanks is too fat

All goal scorers 

This forum sometimes is laughable. 

Also

Kris Boyd - fat

McCoist - fat

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
8 minutes ago, briever said:

We need to find a way of maximising his talents more.

we definitely don’t want to be maximising his talents otherwise he won’t be here

we can probably have him improve a wee bit though through one of the most basic requirements of being an elite(ish) sportsman

27 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

makes you wonder why the top players  earning upwards of 250k per week bother getting themselves as fit as they do when carrying a bit of weight is no hindrance to performance (according to the “roasters” on here)

fortunately shankland doesn’t maximise his potential because if he did we’d definitely lose him sooner rather than later

I think the difference with the 250k pw players is they play on tv and stuff, so if anyone accused them of being fat, they’d easily be able to back it up with pictures of them looking fat.

1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

Not as much running from shankland so far. Last year he was all over the place. Just looks a bit disinterested so far. Do think he will move.

Let the bidding start at 5 million then...

2 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

we definitely don’t want to be maximising his talents otherwise he won’t be here

we can probably have him improve a wee bit though through one of the most basic requirements of being an elite(ish) sportsman

🙄

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Also

Kris Boyd - fat

McCoist - fat

all very good players but their physique means they find their level

assuming robbo retained all his attributes but also had Wayne fosters pace he would have been a completely different level of player - that’s not down to fitness though that’s just a genetic lack of lightening pace

the margins on fitness will be lower but all those players would probably have been slightly better than they actually were if they had the fitness regime of Cristiano ronaldo or Drogba etc

is not about being good or bad it’s about whether they could be doing better

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
5 minutes ago, WageThief said:

I think the difference with the 250k pw players is they play on tv and stuff, so if anyone accused them of being fat, they’d easily be able to back it up with pictures of them looking fat.

you’re sounding like one of those “I want.  .” children

im sure in the fullness of times pictures of shankland will become available or you will be able to see him in the flesh soon

might turn out that some of us have been mistaken and he’s at peak fitness or at least at last years fitness - a day or two’s patience to find out may be required though :(

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, EH11 2NL said:

2 games in, 2 goals. He's gonna score a shit load again, wouldn't bet against him on Saturday. 

I’ll wager any amount you want that he will defiantly not score on Saturday.

25 minutes ago, WageThief said:

aside from my exclusive and clearly genuine pics of fatty arbuckle, no one seems able to provide the evidence.

not even a side by side comparison pic.

Disser Pointon
2 hours ago, EH11 2NL said:

2 games in, 2 goals. He's gonna score a shit load again, wouldn't bet against him on Saturday. 

I'd bet my house against him on Saturday personally.

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

that would keep the roasters who go on about his weight happy. Then if we lose our captain who scores 28 goals a season I look forward to hearing from them who replaces him. 

As long as replacement is slim and runs about a lot, they'll be happy. Forget goals, it's all about appearance apparently.

Shankland is about as far away from fat as you will find. Anyone who calls him fat/heavy or other derogatory term is an imbecile best ignored. 

2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

these same folk would say the same about Robbo. Which says it all about them. Clueless

It's sad that we ate even having this conversation...if shanks wasn't at the club ut eould have been 2-0. Game over yet he gets pelters from a few...we are also only 2 games in and yet to be at full speed...we will destroy teams this season 

I didn't think Shankland would be up to much. How wrong I was. He's been absolutely brilliant for us. 

Opinions on this site (and from fans in general) are just really polarised, in both directions on things.

The criticism is way over the top, but equally on this page alone we've got someone saying he's 'top class'. The two are equally as false and just entrenches people to become even more reactionary at both ends of the spectrum.

Is this like in Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels where every one keeps calling Tom ( skinny guy ) fat ? Am I just not getting the joke 

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is this like in Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels where every one keeps calling Tom ( skinny guy ) fat ? Am I just not getting the joke 

sort of.

with a bit of "anyone not having an utterly scintillating game is <<insert lazy ill found derogatory characteristic here>> "