Shankland

Thomaso

29 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

Indeed. You were correct to call it out.

👍

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

1 hour ago, chefjambo1 said:

Someone in Norway said today 

Ingrid the barmaid? 🤔

11 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Absolutely, he’s had better games for sure. The issue comes when you’re reading nonsense like

”****ing useless”

”Can’t play as a no 9” (that one was bizarre)

”Lazy”

”Fat”

”Heads been turned”

”Canny be arsed”

”Disinterested“

”Strip him of the captaincy”

That’s just a load of shite. 

That stuff is just nonsense as you say. Shankland definitely needs pace around him though. His lovely bit of skill to play Tagawa through on the keeper on Saturday was sublime. He needs that around him though as he has no legs at all. 

1 hour ago, Shanks said:

A thread having a go at Hearts fans after a decent result. Oh goody 

Hearts fans? 🤔

1 minute ago, Carter said:

That stuff is just nonsense as you say. Shankland definitely needs pace around him though. His lovely bit of skill to play Tagawa through on the keeper on Saturday was sublime. He needs that around him though as he has no legs at all. 

Him plus Tagawa and a fit Boyce and I think we’ll not have much to worry about 🤞

30 goals in 49 matches 😳 Fully expect him to reach at least the 50 goal mark (in total) this season. To do so, in 2 seasons would be incredible. 

1 minute ago, FJT said:

Him plus Tagawa and a fit Boyce and I think we’ll not have much to worry about 🤞

Boycie looks in great shape btw 👍

Just now, MattyK82 said:

30 goals in 49 matches 😳 Fully expect him to reach at least the 50 goal mark (in total) this season. To do so, in 2 seasons would be incredible. 

Very impressive return. As is 35 goals + 15 assists in 88 for Boyce. 

Just now, Carter said:

In the short time he’s been back, I think he has looked hungry and sharp. Bodes well. 👏👍

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

To paraphrase -

“He’s fat”

”He’s not interested”

”He’s not trying a leg”

”Terrible Captain”

”Sell him”

I heard he was being scouted by Lizzo.

As long as you have Shanks you have a chance, absolute class and we are so lucky to have him.

Thunder and Lightning
21 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Yup and we all know the state of you…🤣

And what state would that be? 

Certainly not a raging mess because I got called out for calling people who hold a different opinion 'alleged' fans. 

Put your beer down. 

He does look to be carrying a little timber. However he got fitter as the season went on last year and don’t doubt he will again this year. Who cares as long as he can bang them in 🤷

12 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

And what state would that be? 

Certainly not a raging mess because I got called out for calling people who hold a different opinion 'alleged' fans. 

Put your beer down. 

Think you’re the one getting called out on here buddy. 🤣

Thunder and Lightning
4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Think you’re the one getting called out on here buddy. 🤣

Really? Then you are drunk or stupid. 

Let me explain my post as its clearly beyond you. 

You called them 'alleged' fans. 

They are no less of a fan for holding an opinion than you (regardless of the opinion being wrong). 

Thinking he is carrying more weight than they would like is subjective. He and Hearts know his ideal playing weight, we don't. If you can't handle people holding a different opinion perhaps the Internet isn't for you. 

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

He does look to be carrying a little timber. However he got fitter as the season went on last year and don’t doubt he will again this year. Who cares as long as he can bang them in 🤷

He is, that's as clear as day, but you can't really blame him. He was still on Scotland duty on 20th June, which was only about 5 days before the rest of the guys came back for pre season! Poor guy hasn't had much of a break.

16 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Agreed.

Never stopped wee Robbo banging them in ❤️ 

50 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Ingrid the barmaid? 🤔

No unfortunately 😂😂he might stay  hopefully but his agent wants to cash in 

8 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Really? Then you are drunk or stupid. 

Let me explain my post as its clearly beyond you. 

You called them 'alleged' fans. 

They are no less of a fan for holding an opinion than you (regardless of the opinion being wrong). 

Thinking he is carrying more weight than they would like is subjective. He and Hearts know his ideal playing weight, we don't. If you can't handle people holding a different opinion perhaps the Internet isn't for you. 

Typical arrogant post from you - bit of nasty work aren’t you.

The comments I referred to weren’t “opinions” they were ridiculous personal insults against Shankland. Being “fat” was only one of them!

Plenty on here have expressed the same view as myself - are they also “drunk and stupid”?

Thunder and Lightning
19 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Typical arrogant post from you - bit of nasty work aren’t you.

The comments I referred to weren’t “opinions” they were ridiculous personal insults against Shankland. Being “fat” was only one of them!

Plenty on here have expressed the same view as myself - are they also “drunk and stupid”?

No, just you.

Personal insults.

Aye, he was on here reading them. 

Oh, and it was 'drunk or stupid'. 

Thanks for clarifying which tho. 😂 

If social media had been around when John Robertson played for Hearts, there would have been clowns on here calling him fat and lazy and demanding we sell him.

difference was then, we would have told them to feck off, taken there season ticket from them and banned them from  Tynecastle for life.

unfortunately nowadays every arsehole thinks they are entitled to an opinion no matter how ridiculous 

3 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

If social media had been around when John Robertson played for Hearts, there would have been clowns on here calling him fat and lazy and demanding we sell him.

difference was then, we would have told them to feck off, taken there season ticket from them and banned them from  Tynecastle for life.

unfortunately nowadays every arsehole thinks they are entitled to an opinion no matter how ridiculous 

Apparently folks criticised Willie Bauld in the day. Nothing changes. 

sandylejambo

Shankland looked like he couldn't be arsed till he scored, then started acting like a captain. Be nice if he did this for 90 minutes.

Edited by sandylejambo

Must admit I have been harsh on Shankland at times.

3 against celtic was a turning point for me.

I realise he needs the team to create chances more than other strikers we have had in the past but he is deadly in front of goal.

Let's smash Killie then send the Norwegians home crying HHGH

17 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

No, just you.

Personal insults.

What a pile of pish even for you! 🤣

I’m off to bed but you bash on chum. 👍

Unknown user
29 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

No, just you.

Personal insults.

Give it a break ffs 

Thunder and Lightning
10 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

What a pile of pish even for you! 🤣

I’m off to bed but you bash on chum. 👍

Even for me? Glad you follow my posts. 

Can't say I have noticed yours. I will look out for them tho. You seem like a fun guy. 

Thunder and Lightning
Just now, Smithee said:

Give it a break ffs 

Have a joint mate, or pop me on ignore. Either works for me. 

Just a reminder. Shanks seemingly still having a whole packet of Morrisons own brand digestives with his tea (18 sugars). Even AFTER scoring yet again.

IMG_2780.thumb.jpeg.6453c66f47e6205d109bcf9014395378.jpeg

4 hours ago, Thomaso said:

“Fat”

”Not interested”

”Isn’t trying a leg”

”Terrible Captain”

Just some of the absolute shite posted on here by alleged Hearts fans!

Played in total isolation with no service but dug us out AGAIN with a cracking goal.

So lucky to have him.

Completely agree.  He's a vital member of our team.  All this chat about his weight is chronic.

Unknown user
18 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Have a joint mate, or pop me on ignore. Either works for me. 

Just stop being that guy for 5 minutes

3 hours ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Had idiots behind me once moaning about Rudi’s work rate and that he was a lazy b******. Rudi was sitting on 16 goals by the way. Some folk are absolutely clueless about football. They’re genuinely wasting their money watching it. 

There were fools that used to criticize Willie Bauld for being lazy.  He scored 354 goals for Hearts, and none of them were penalties. Aye, lazy.

There was a young lad playing up front for us when I started watching Hearts. He was regularly called fat and lazy. Shankland is the closest we have had to that legend in decades. 

Doctor FinnBarr
10 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

There were fools that used to criticize Willie Bauld for being lazy.  He scored 354 goals for Hearts, and none of them were penalties. Aye, lazy.

Was VAR bad in them days Maple?

:robboyas:

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Great player

great goalscorer

great captain - leads by example - goal tonight all those high pressure penalties gets stuck in physically

right now - overweight

everyone knew he had no pace before he signed and would struggle if isolated - he needs a simms type partner etc etc was said

the last thing a player with no pace needs is to be overweight

however good he is being overweight won’t be helping to maximise his performance

Him and the fitness guys need to get it sorted out

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
41 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

There was a young lad playing up front for us when I started watching Hearts. He was regularly called fat and lazy. Shankland is the closest we have had to that legend in decades. 

I don’t remember robbo ever being called lazy

he carried his weight better than shankland tho - wasn’t lightening quick but miles quicker than shankland albeit shankland like robbo is very quick in speed of thought

also a completely different set of physique expectations back in those days

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

Completely agree.  He's a vital member of our team.  All this chat about his weight is chronic.

he is a vital member of the team but potentially could be even better

watched the James English interview with Rickie lambert - the football chat was really good - was a very decent player scoring tons of goals while carrying extra weight - despite scoring goals and doing quite well was branded a “disgrace” by Purdue for being overweight and given a fitness regime so save his career at the club (not suggesting we bin shankland for the dafties out there) and his career went up about 5 levels

Doctor FinnBarr
16 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Neil McCann is his agent 

Don’t be shocked if we get a few bids for him before the end of the window 

From who? He's fat and lazy according to Kickback........not all mind.

He obviously is and will remain a key player, wondering what difference Lowry may make to Shankland's role and his goal haul. I fully expect Lowry to be absolutely desperate to make an impression, that's obviously good.

As others have said thank god kickback wasn’t around in the 80’s or 90’s when Robbo was playing! There were loads of games he didn’t do much but pop up with a goal! It’s what these players do and are invaluable. Shankland is a tremendous player but needs service and support, namely someone with pace to get in behind. He’s great at holding the ball up but even better if you play it into the 6 yard box in front of the posts for him. 

Walter Bishop

Another side of him tonight we don’t see enough of, He is fantastic in the air, we just don’t get enough crosses into the box. 

Boyce starts beside him on Sunday for me. 

Edited by Walter Bishop

A_A wehatethehibs
9 hours ago, Carter said:

Excellent header but his all round performance wasn't great tonight. Its actually ok to admit and state that. 

It does not matter 

Folk need to get clear on that. It’s unbelievable that folk haven’t learned by now. 

The “all round performance” of a CF does not matter. 

He only needs 1 touch. 

Give him chances he will put them away. 

9 hours ago, Thomaso said:

“Fat”

”Not interested”

”Isn’t trying a leg”

”Terrible Captain”

Just some of the absolute shite posted on here by alleged Hearts fans!

Played in total isolation with no service but dug us out AGAIN with a cracking goal.

So lucky to have him.

Totally agree . Some proper shit stirring going on regarding him . Weird behaviour from Hearts supporters 

Gimme an H...

If Shankland ever added 'overall performance' to his near goal a game ratios he wouldn't be a Hearts player.

You have to take the bad with the good at Hearts - that's the way it is.

i wish jj was my dad
7 hours ago, Carter said:

He has looked outstanding in his two competitive cameos. We will have a whole host of options to scare the life out of opponents. If Boycie can't get a regular start then we will be some ****ing team!

22 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It does not matter 

Folk need to get clear on that. It’s unbelievable that folk haven’t learned by now. 

The “all round performance” of a CF does not matter. 

He only needs 1 touch. 

Give him chances he will put them away. 

Correct 👍 

Robbo was too fat

Zeefuik was too fat

Shanks is too fat

All goal scorers 

This forum sometimes is laughable. 

Edited by Marvin