• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

5 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Yep that is the hope and would give him time to get up to speed.

Meantime as he gets up to speed, 2 goals in 2 games….😊

Just now, Carter said:

Excellent header but his all round performance wasn't great tonight. Its actually ok to admit and state that. 

Of course it is. That’s not the point though, I’m referring to the personal shite posted during the game!

MarkDevriesScores4
2 minutes ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

Listening to the scarves around funnel podcast Ryan McGowan says the exact opposite when he played against him. Says he is vocal , demanding, instructive and encouraging and a very good player

Fair enough. It’s just not obvious watching him from the stands (or tv). He looks selfish which is what I want from my main striker. I’m not sure it ever appears that he cares what the defenders are doing and that’s not necessarily a bad thing. I want him focused on scoring. I’ll take Ryan’s word for it and I’m happy to be wrong. Just wish his influence on others was more apparent.

15 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

30 goals in 49 games. Unbelievable 

That is ballon d’or stats. 

ps. Hibs trolls GTF. He ain’t fat but he certainly Ken’s where the onion bag is as you tramps will find out yet again very shortly. 

Bungalow Bill

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Meantime as he gets up to speed, 2 goals in 2 games….😊

Aye but but, he was quiet in periods. Aye but but he shouldn’t be captain. 

Just keeping putting the ball into the back of the net Shanks. We’re lucky to have him. 

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Of course it is. That’s not the point though, I’m referring to the personal shite posted during the game!

Never saw any of that. 

4 minutes ago, Carter said:

Excellent header but his all round performance wasn't great tonight. Its actually ok to admit and state that. 

Yes it is.  Is it OK to say he's fat/overweight but when asked 10 times for pictures to respond with nada?

Anyone got any pics of him looking fat btw?

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

Never saw any of that. 

To paraphrase -

“He’s fat”

”He’s not interested”

”He’s not trying a leg”

”Terrible Captain”

”Sell him”

Absolute Scenes
48 minutes ago, Sergemcmurto said:

If we get the service to him he will win the golden boot.

Room service?

joking aside I love the guy and hearts fans really need to cut out the absolute shite that is being spouted about some of our best players

11 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Old ‘Wind and Piss’ thinks it’s just “opinions”……😜

10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

probably the same wankers who claimed he wasn’t good enough a year ago. 2 games / 2 goals when we aren’t at our best.  30+ for shanks this year

Tbh, it's Kickback all over anytime we're getting beat on a matchday thread or on the transfer thread when we hadn't signed loads of players in the first few weeks.

It's like the sky has fallen in and the only response is a scorched earth one to players and the club :laugh:

11 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Yes it is.  Is it OK to say he's fat/overweight but when asked 10 times for pictures to respond with nada?

Anyone got any pics of him looking fat btw?

Doesn't look as sharp as he could be. Definitely wants to drop into deeper pockets which isn't ideal when we don't have pace to go in behind. He really does lack pace in a big way. 

10 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

To paraphrase -

“He’s fat”

”He’s not interested”

”He’s not trying a leg”

”Terrible Captain”

”Sell him”

Name the hobos

No one is saying he is not a top goal scorer but having played football at a reasonable level, there is no way you can say Shankland is trim and fully fit. …….fact! To get called out as a Hobo etc is out of order. It’s a fair observation.

25 minutes ago, Carter said:

Correct. Natural finisher but far from a natural athlete at the moment. 

7 minutes ago, Carter said:

Doesn't look as sharp as he could be. Definitely wants to drop into deeper pockets which isn't ideal when we don't have pace to go in behind. He really does lack pace in a big way. 

We knew this first game of last season. No change, apart from he is less in shape than he was last season. 

Still undropable however. 

Go for it 1308
14 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

We should make a move for Morelos. 

Loves a goal at Tynie and hates the IRA. 

Hates the IRA...grow up...this is a football forum 

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

“Fat”

”Not interested”

”Isn’t trying a leg”

”Terrible Captain”

Just some of the absolute shite posted on here by alleged Hearts fans!

Played in total isolation with no service but dug us out AGAIN with a cracking goal.

So lucky to have him.

Absolutely. 

Dick Dastardly

He didn't play as well as we are used to tonight but he still scored so job done. He did look a bit overweight against Leeds but seems to have shifted most of that. 

Thunder and Lightning
38 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Old ‘Wind and Piss’ thinks it’s just “opinions”……😜

The actual state of you. 😂 

1 minute ago, chefjambo1 said:

Why is it funny ?? His agent wants to cash in while his stock is high

Someone in Norway.

👀

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Agree with your considered comments however some of the shite posted against Shankland was out of order - in my opinion….

Indeed. You were correct to call it out.

At mcdiarmid last week there was a guy not far from me bawling and swinging his monkey arms around every time Shankland went near the ball.

”Look at uhm, he dusnay want tae be heeyur. He’s no interest it. F off then ya layzey cant. Ah wid rather hae sumbudy thit wants tae be heeyur. He’s away ahm tellin youz. Aff tae israel or sumplace’ Ad nauseam.

Everyone in the vicinity was cringing and looking at each other, rolling their eyes about the absolute welt. He was very obviously an irrationally angry dimwit, but too much of a bam to be told to sit down and shut the f up. Along with his entourage they left just before the end… 

Just before Shankland scored 🙄

Some of the crap posted about him is just disgusting. Hearts fans my arse. No way. Either they are Hibs or just don’t go to games or just weird.  They can frankly GTF it’s a disgrace and no way acceptable so for that reason I say they are not hearts supporters

Салатные палочки
2 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

The shite on that match thread was laughable. He’s an excellent striker.

I'm pretty sure it was the same on Saturday. What happened then? He scored. What happened tonight? He scored. 

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Absolutely, he’s had better games for sure. The issue comes when you’re reading nonsense like

”****ing useless”

”Can’t play as a no 9” (that one was bizarre)

”Lazy”

”Fat”

”Heads been turned”

”Canny be arsed”

”Disinterested“

”Strip him of the captaincy”

That’s just a load of shite. 

Just now, boag1874 said:

Absolutely, he’s had better games for sure. The issue comes when you’re reading nonsense like

”****ing useless”

”Can’t play as a no 9” (that one was bizarre)

”Lazy”

”Fat”

”Heads been turned”

”Canny be arsed”

”Disinterested“

”Strip him of the captaincy”

That’s just a load of shite. 

Indeed it is absolute crap. We haven’t had anyone who can score like him since Robbo. 
The hibs infiltrators are obviously always going to stir it with such crap, but the knee jerk stuff from a minority of supposed hearts fans on here is beyond pathetic at times! Most of them are adults too. Embarrassing themselves. 

No Idle Talk

I sometimes find myself wishing that he had more pace. I then have to remind myself that if he had more pace he would not be a Hearts player and would be playing at a higher level.

His goals are priceless for us. His hold up play and link up play are also very important. I saw someone in another thread questioning his leadership. Ryan McGowan debunked that argument on SATF this week. He said that Shankland is very vocal on the pitch and is always demanding more from the players around him. Which is what you want from a captain.

He's been a terrific signing.

28 goals last season . 
2 scored in 2 games this season

yet these hobos who post that he’s fat etc ? Should be binned from this website. Fans my arse. Never hearts fans

Pasquale for King

Didn’t have a great game but we aren’t really playing to his strengths, once Tagawa or Vargas go up front he will prosper again, but still scored a goal a game so far. What a player, and credit where it’s due to RN for signing him. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I sometimes find myself wishing that he had more pace. I then have to remind myself that if he had more pace he would not be a Hearts player and would be playing at a higher level.

His goals are priceless for us. His hold up play and link up play are also very important. I saw someone in another thread questioning his leadership. Ryan McGowan debunked that argument on SATF this week. He said that Shankland is very vocal on the pitch and is always demanding more from the players around him. Which is what you want from a captain.

He's been a terrific signing.

Spot on 

2 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

I'm pretty sure it was the same on Saturday. What happened then? He scored. What happened tonight? He scored. 

We have some power of idiots on this board. Hope he does **** all & scores again on Saturday

Stupid Sexy Flanders
3 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

We have some power of idiots on this board. Hope he does **** all & scores again on Saturday

Exactly. I hope he continues to do **** all and score/assist every game. 

51 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

The actual state of you. 😂 

Yup and we all know the state of you…🤣