Shankland

Thomaso

4 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

You do realise we won?

🤡

Can you read or are you simple? I don’t care. This is a Shankland thread, not Scotland.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

Portable Badger
11 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

There's another game on Tuesday,  he might well be involved then. Clarke regularly rotates who misses out as he's got to leave someone. It was also evident Dykes would be the main backup sub tonight and Clarke has earned the right to pick who he wants.

If Shanks keeps scoring he'll be there or there about the squad. If we make Germany, what an incentive for him to be involved.

Not sure Shankland will necessarily get a look in  against England.  I think Clarke will go full strength so he can gauge the team against one of the better Euro teams in preparation for Germany.  Shanks may be in the wider squad but, like last night, he may not make the bench unless there's any call-offs between now and Tuesday. 

Ricardo Quaresma
21 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Not sure Shankland will necessarily get a look in  against England.  I think Clarke will go full strength so he can gauge the team against one of the better Euro teams in preparation for Germany.  Shanks may be in the wider squad but, like last night, he may not make the bench unless there's any call-offs between now and Tuesday. 

Reckon the England friendly is with the spain game in mind, firstly

Thunder and Lightning
6 hours ago, DS98 said:

Can you read or are you simple? I don’t care. This is a Shankland thread, not Scotland.

A thread about Shankland where him not playing is being discussed. Even by you. 

Or are you too simple to comprehend your own posts. 😂 

7 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

Yeah he might not be involved, I just know Clarke rotates it a bit.   

2 hours ago, Imaman said:

"renowned pundits such as Kris Boyd and Neil McCann have said in recent weeks that they can't believe why either of the Old Firm haven't set about pursuing the signature of the former Dundee United marksman for the season ahead."

FFS, why do supporters keep falling for this kind of 5h1te

41 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Black touting Shanks to Rangers 🤦🏻

Really a bit shocked at that.  Mind you it never surprises me what some come out with after supping the bile in the blue room. It seems to alter their senses. 

2 hours ago, GBJambo said:

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

Really a bit shocked at that.  Mind you it never surprises me what some come out with after supping the bile in the blue room. It seems to alter their senses. 

Asked a question by a reporter and gives a honest opinion. I don't see the issue if I'm honest. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Rangers will be looking at someone more mobile than Shankland anyway. I wouldn't worry about it. 

3 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

"renowned pundits such as Kris Boyd and Neil McCann have said in recent weeks that they can't believe why either of the Old Firm haven't set about pursuing the signature of the former Dundee United marksman for the season ahead."

FFS, why do supporters keep falling for this kind of 5h1te

Exactly.  Even HeartsLive is peddling the sh*t.  Merely so we continue to read such crap.

11 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Asked a question by a reporter and gives a honest opinion. I don't see the issue if I'm honest. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Rangers will be looking at someone more mobile than Shankland anyway. I wouldn't worry about it. 

Probably right there. I just get a wee bit heaved off with the media looking for quotes from our ex players looking to link our players with either side of the Old Firm. It’s an age old problem. It irritates me. As far as the MSM here are concerned it’s all about the Old Firm and nothing else.

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Yip, his lack of pace is glaringly obvious.

That football Scotland site is garbage. Never any substance, click bait pish headlines on the back of a loaded question they've asked someone who has little influence in the matter (Kris Boyd, Neil McCann, Ian Black etc). 

13 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Tell them it's cash up front,  they don't have it, if they did they would not spend it in scotland

15 hours ago, GBJambo said:

He posts on here. Surely knows a comment like that wouldn't be well received. 

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Really hope we can get a new contract sorted for him.

It would be very stupid if we've not started those talks already. 

This should have been done at the end of last season along with Devlin....But it's the same people running the club and the same mistakes being made.

8 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

This should have been done at the end of last season along with Devlin....But it's the same people running the club and the same mistakes being made.

Yep. Goal should have been to have went into this season with a round of extensions being doled out - Shanks, Devlin, Cochrane, Sibbick... 😕 

I'm fairly confident Shanks will run his deal down and go West. So was keen to have heard something about us trying to sort out a new deal this window, because I don't think its likely to be doable as we get closer to its end point. 

As Lafferty showed, players are quite happy to go there without clear expectations on playing time. 

Edited by OTT

2 hours ago, Deevers said:

Probably right there. I just get a wee bit heaved off with the media looking for quotes from our ex players looking to link our players with either side of the Old Firm. It’s an age old problem. It irritates me. As far as the MSM here are concerned it’s all about the Old Firm and nothing else.

It’s definitely getting worse, they don’t even try to hide it anymore.

in this social media world it’s all about the clicks and to hell with everyone else.

Contrary to the old belief, back in the day,  very regularly Sportscene and Scotsport would show games not involving the old firm, everyone got a fair share, bearing in mind they only showed one Scottish game per show.

I can remember they would often have a game from the lower leagues as the highlight match

Now I’m afraid it’s all about the old firm and no one else matters, 

If they left and moved to England it would only get worse, remember they would still be based here, and we would be regarded as not much better than Junior clubs in comparison to the OF in the eyes of the Scottish media 

Any thoughts of even a minuscule Tv deal at that point would be pie in the sky 

Edited by jbee647

If Shankland wants to go,then fine let him go for the right price. No player is bigger than the club. Yes he scores goals,but we should not be relying on just one striker. Surely the club realised,  if Shankland scored goals, he would be off elsewhere. We should already be grooming his successor, for when he does go. Seems,sometimes our club lacks any forward thinking and only live in the present. 

1 hour ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Interesting that we didn’t get any decent offers for those two in the summer. Certainly nothing in the public domain about decent offers.  Maybe there’s a reason for that and maybe why we ain’t rushing in with new contract offers. Fingers badly burned with a premature contract offer to Rowles so maybe more caution being exercised now. 

18 hours ago, GBJambo said:

18 hours ago, Deevers said:

16 hours ago, Cruyff said:

4 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

That’s what gets me too.

Boils my pish.

3 hours ago, indianajones said:

He posts on here. Surely knows a comment like that wouldn't be well received. 

A said nothing wrong in the slightest and didn’t tout him for a move to the old firm at all.. Boydy n McCann mentioning it no me a was asked 🤷🏼‍♂️ A posted on here a couple months ago saying Rangers we’re seriously thinking about gone for him n that’s info a got from a good pal there who is high up but they’ve went the opposite and went for boys from Serie A and the Eredivise spent big money for them aswell. Look at Shanks last season for Hearts and the goals he bagged n he’s already got a few already in a team that’s no been at the races so far this season so aye if Rangers keep struggling as such then most likely they’ll go for someone who knows the league and is banging them in that’s just how it is. As a Jambo a don’t want to see any player like him leave 

16 minutes ago, Ian Black 8 said:

A said nothing wrong in the slightest and didn’t tout him for a move to the old firm at all.. Boydy n McCann mentioning it no me a was asked 🤷🏼‍♂️ A posted on here a couple months ago saying Rangers we’re seriously thinking about gone for him n that’s info a got from a good pal there who is high up but they’ve went the opposite and went for boys from Serie A and the Eredivise spent big money for them aswell. Look at Shanks last season for Hearts and the goals he bagged n he’s already got a few already in a team that’s no been at the races so far this season so aye if Rangers keep struggling as such then most likely they’ll go for someone who knows the league and is banging them in that’s just how it is. As a Jambo a don’t want to see any player like him leave 

Tell them to GTF Blackie. Just say shanks would be better staying in Gorgie and lift a cup with Hearts. Then he could leave a legend. Just like you 😍

38 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Tell them to GTF Blackie. Just say shanks would be better staying in Gorgie and lift a cup with Hearts. Then he could leave a legend. Just like you 😍

This! Be an awkward bugger and just pointedly refuse to give them their soundbite :D 

19 hours ago, Ian Black 8 said:

It's easy to take a few words, remove the context, add a slant and a headline, and make you look like you're saying whatever they want.