Shankland

Thomaso

45 minutes ago, jtkb said:

Intresting how can we have interest in him with out a bid being made. Is it like note of interest for a house 🤣 

Agents, and agents agents. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

7 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Ken eh.  Genuinely wasn't impressed and straight back to trusty auld steak pie.  Kebab pies from McKirdys in Port Seton is how it's done.  However, if you know them, this doesn't help the Hibs infiltrator accusations leveled against me!!!! Ye buy yer pies fi a hibby, pies fi a hiiiibby, ye buy yer pies fi a hiiibby....

Either that or you are actually lawrence shankland and all you are intrested in is pies all makes sense now fatty 😁

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Agents, and agents agents. 

Always the same I guess when big money on offer the spivs show up . 

Just now, jtkb said:

Always the same I guess when big money on offer the spivs show up . 

Shanklands agent is a good guy, not sure about the Saudi agents. 

reading saudi league are implementing some kind of foreign player cull/limit , so maybe not the best destination ? 

Also, not one person on here knows if any bids have been tabled for any of our players.

All just rumours at the moment, suspect there has been interest but everyone just assuming he is going to leave! He might not fancy going to Saudi although money does talk. I don't think he has downed tools either, think his lack of support in the last couple of games have resulted him looking a bit frustrated more than anything. He was a red card waiting to happen on Sunday but he's always had that in his game. Lets hope he is still here for Thursday, we need goals and he's the best man in the squad to get them. 

bringonthesevco

One of the reasons we’re getting quality players at the club now is that we’re selling them the message “play well for us and you’ll get a big move” - it looks like it’s Shanklands turn.

we bought him for c£500k got 28 goals from him and may sell him for £3m - that’s tremendous business …

We’ve known this is a likely scenario for a long time - I’m sure we have a plan , whether that plan is Oda/Vargas/Tagawa or whether we have our eye on someone using part of the Shankland fee we’ll have to wait and see.

can we also drop the $hite about him downing tools , 2 goals in 3 games and chasing back on Sunday like we’ve seen very rarely in recent years from our strikers.

im absolutely certain that Shanks will be 100% professional until his last day at Hearts whenever that may be ….

5 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

reading saudi league are implementing some kind of foreign player cull/limit , so maybe not the best destination ? 

Also, not one person on here knows if any bids have been tabled for any of our players.

8 foreigners per team.

18 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Ken eh.  Genuinely wasn't impressed and straight back to trusty auld steak pie.  Kebab pies from McKirdys in Port Seton is how it's done.  However, if you know them, this doesn't help the Hibs infiltrator accusations leveled against me!!!! Ye buy yer pies fi a hibby, pies fi a hiiiibby, ye buy yer pies fi a hiiibby....

I bought pork link sausages and a steak pie from them on Saturday morning :cry_smile:

8 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

So?

That's not how this made up (sorry ITK) shit goes!!!

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

So?

That's not how this made up (sorry ITK) shit goes!!!

:greggy:

7 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

And the European teams are kicking off about FFP, so fifa may have to get involved… I don’t really know the whole story just heard it mention on the radio.

A_A wehatethehibs
19 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Same principle.  Wallace was bigger than Shankland in his day, by a country mile.  Got news for this generation, the one thing you can be sure about is that people don't learn from history.  You are the perfect example.

if you think history is bunk, i take it you'll want to opt out of 150 years; Bobby Walker is an irrelevance; won't be long and they'll be saying the same about Rudi.   What a pathetic attitude.

Tell me then, how long did Wallace have left on his contract? Did he even have one?
Did his contract reflect the same market complexity as today?

Was the market global as it is today, had a foreign player even played for us at that point? He joined Celtic with 100% born within 2 miles of the stadium.

Did they even have transfer windows?  
What size was the squad? 
Did the bosman route exist? 

The principle is not the same, at all, because the football has completely commercially transformed into a different beast in the last 30 years. 

If Shankland done what Wallace done, down tools with 2 years left on his deal, and get himself dropped from Hearts team and completely out of the spotlight, there will be no big bids for him next summer. He won’t be the flavour of the month anymore. His best offer would probably be Dundee United bid £150k to take him back there. I suppose you think that’s good money as it’s 5x what Celtic paid for Wallace. 

Folk keep bringing up these transfers from the past, sorry, anything prior to the mid 90s is basically not relevant, strictly in terms of transfers and contracts. That’s when it all changed. History is what it is but if Wallace did that today, it would be 2 completely different situations if he had 2 or 1 years left on his deal. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Thunder and Lightning

I think we need to be serious for a moment.

If Shankland goes, we can probably get Rudi out of retirement.

Shankland staying is stopping Rudi from returning, ****ing Boooooo.

10 minutes ago, bringonthesevco said:

One of the reasons we’re getting quality players at the club now is that we’re selling them the message “play well for us and you’ll get a big move” - it looks like it’s Shanklands turn.

we bought him for c£500k got 28 goals from him and may sell him for £3m - that’s tremendous business …

We’ve known this is a likely scenario for a long time - I’m sure we have a plan , whether that plan is Oda/Vargas/Tagawa or whether we have our eye on someone using part of the Shankland fee we’ll have to wait and see.

can we also drop the $hite about him downing tools , 2 goals in 3 games and chasing back on Sunday like we’ve seen very rarely in recent years from our strikers.

im absolutely certain that Shanks will be 100% professional until his last day at Hearts whenever that may be ….

This. If he wasn't there is no way Naismith would be playing him. 

25 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Same principle.  Wallace was bigger than Shankland in his day, by a country mile.  Got news for this generation, the one thing you can be sure about is that people don't learn from history.  You are the perfect example.

if you think history is bunk, i take it you'll want to opt out of 150 years; Bobby Walker is an irrelevance; won't be long and they'll be saying the same about Rudi.   What a pathetic attitude.

What relevance does a transfer from 60 years ago have today though?

Edited by Taffin

He's going to get booed and GTFed on Thursday,  aint he?  Months after a 28 goal season.   It's the way of things in these here parts.

:sob:

Auld Reekin'
15 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

I think we need to be serious for a moment.

If Shankland goes, we can probably get Rudi out of retirement.

Shankland staying is stopping Rudi from returning, ****ing Boooooo.

:lol:

21 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I bought pork link sausages and a steak pie from them on Saturday morning :cry_smile:

At last we agree on something!haha.  Brilliant butchers, great guys too, despite, well, you know....

Shooter McGavin
6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

He's going to get booed and GTFed on Thursday,  aint he?  Months after a 28 goal season.   It's the way of things in these here parts.

I’d be amazed and really disappointed if this was the case.

A_A wehatethehibs
7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I don’t think so, folk will just hope he’s got a big performance left in him to get us through. His career has been very up and down, he’s moved around clubs a lot. Right now he is at his career biggest club and he’s a talisman, he’s back in Scotland contention.

Yes there could be big money on the table for him, but I think Shanks will really still just want to play his football and score goals. That will take care of itself, unfortunately for Him Hearts are in the driving seat due to his contract length. He will be desperate to play and get a big win. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

23 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Tell me then, how long did Wallace have left on his contract? Did he even have one?
Did his contract reflect the same market complexity as today?

Was the market global as it is today, had a foreign player even played for us at that point? He joined Celtic with 100% born within 2 miles of the stadium.

Did they even have transfer windows?  
What size was the squad? 
Did the bosman route exist? 

The principle is not the same, at all, because the football has completely commercially transformed into a different beast in the last 30 years. 

If Shankland done what Wallace done, down tools with 2 years left on his deal, and get himself dropped from Hearts team and completely out of the spotlight, there will be no big bids for him next summer. He won’t be the flavour of the month anymore. His best offer would probably be Dundee United bid £150k to take him back there. I suppose you think that’s good money as it’s 5x what Celtic paid for Wallace. 

Folk keep bringing up these transfers from the past, sorry, anything prior to the mid 90s is basically not relevant, strictly in terms of transfers and contracts. That’s when it all changed. History is what it is but if Wallace did that today, it would be 2 completely different situations if he had 2 or 1 years left on his deal. 

Good grief.

Wallace could not go to Celtic unless Hearts let him, tighter than a contract, pre-Bosman.

Hearts have Shanks on a contract, so he can't go anywhere unless Hearts let him.

THAT is all I was saying and different outside circumstances don't make any difference to that PRINCIPLE.

However, if you want to waffle on with whatever it is you are trying to say, go ahead, I've made my point.

SIMPLES!

1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I wasn't suggesting living of that; I was suggesting being smart with it

Did you quote the other 2 posters who wrote similar stuff too?

Never saw any other posts. 

Malinga the Swinga
36 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Saudi culls can be quite severe, especially if you fall out with them. Just ask Jamal Khashoggi.

Now now, how can you possibly question the ITK experts we have? As if they would like, just to make their sad lives appear relevant.

19 minutes ago, Taffin said:

What relevance does a transfer from 60 years ago have today though?

OMG.   All I said was it was a similar situation, in that both were/are tied to the club at the point of outside interest and could not leave unless the club agreed.  Do you disagree with that simple point?   Some of us were more upset with the Wallace situation than we would be if Shanks went.

If you think it's totally irrelevant, that's your problem and is bordering on ageism, which I believe is now the latest woke crime you can be arrested for.

F***'s sake, this generation know nothing but what is staring them in the face today, if that.

I think we should sell him, then buy him back and try and make money on the trade.

That way, we'll Arbitrage Shanks.

11 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

OMG.   All I said was it was a similar situation, in that both were/are tied to the club at the point of outside interest and could not leave unless the club agreed.  Do you disagree with that simple point?   Some of us were more upset with the Wallace situation than we would be if Shanks went.

If you think it's totally irrelevant, that's your problem and is bordering on ageism, which I believe is now the latest woke crime you can be arrested for.

F***'s sake, this generation know nothing but what is staring them in the face today, if that.

Who's being ageist now?

Do I agree it's a similar situation? No.

14 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

I think we should sell him, then buy him back and try and make money on the trade.

did the Leef Brazil do this with Diver Boyle  ?

18 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

😁

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Maccabi Tel Aviv Selling their top forward to Basel…..just saying.

A bidding war would be a bonus. Not sure Israel is in the same league financially as the Saudis though I wouldn't have thought.

28 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Decent 😂

Unknown user
6 hours ago, Bungalow Bill said:

He’s scored 2 in 3. There is nothing to suggest he’s downing tools. He tracked back the length of the pitch on Sunday. 

Several times, I was really impressed with his workrate

36 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

very good

1 hour ago, bringonthesevco said:

Shankland goes we need another striker in asap.

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Sunday's kebab pie at Tynecastle was burnt to a crisp and absolute guff. I'll be away doon to see Murray on Saturday morning I reckon. I've seen the foties on Facebook and the cheese topping looks the bizzo!

Donner Kebab Pies - our own Donner kebab meat combined with homemade chilli sauce, garlic sauce and topped with oozing cheddar cheese. All packed into a scotch pie shell! Trust us, these are goooooodddd!

mckirdy kebab pie 2.jpg

mckirdy kebab pie.jpg

Edited by Shaggy2

Thunder and Lightning
11 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Shankland goes we need another striker in asap.

You think? 

You should email the club just incase they haven't thought of that mate. 😂 

57 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

🤣🤣🤣

Calm down and/or turn the other cheek old timer!

Psychedelicropcircle
43 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Sunday's kebab pie at Tynecastle was burnt to a crisp and absolute guff. I'll be away doon to see Murray on Saturday morning I reckon. I've seen the foties on Facebook and the cheese topping looks the bizzo!

Donner Kebab Pies - our own Donner kebab meat combined with homemade chilli sauce, garlic sauce and topped with oozing cheddar cheese. All packed into a scotch pie shell! Trust us, these are goooooodddd!

mckirdy kebab pie 2.jpg

mckirdy kebab pie.jpg

Only on a Jkb transfer thread could you find out about port seton kebab pies 🥧 

6 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Of course Saudis are buying  our pie recipe and we will have to use the money to get a new recipe is what I heard from Banderson. 😄 so very on topic 🤣ps this is not the transfer thread. Shanks Thread

Edited by jtkb

17 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

😂

Footballfirst
4 hours ago, Deviskan said:

If it was down to me, I'd also look at that 16 year old midfielder at Rosenborg whio played our midfield off the park last week. 

There are some big clubs looking at him...but we could splurge some money on him as a future investment. If he continues to develop well, he would easily make us a decent transfer fee in the future. 

You can't make international transfers until the player is 18 (barring a few geographical exceptions, like the UK or living close to a border).

2 hours ago, gorgieheart said:

But at least one has already claimed to know something the rest of us don’t. In a couple of hours another one will be along who knows just a little bit more and they’ll have an ITK cat fight for a couple of days before it becomes apparent they’re both talking shite.

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

But at least one has already claimed to know something the rest of us don’t. In a couple of hours another one will be along who knows just a little bit more and they’ll have an ITK cat fight for a couple of days before it becomes apparent they’re both talking shite.

10% of the Saudi population are Shiite.

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

We would be flushed with money.

Somebody has to pull the plug on the deal

All roads lead to Gorgie
53 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

It should be renamed Pork Seton if that's what the locals are consuming 😄