Shankland

Thomaso

4 minutes ago, theshed said:

If bids have came in I refuse to believe he wants to stay as he’d be getting a huge pay rise and probably his last big pay deal so no way he’d be knocking that back 

Imagine how sunburnt that napper would get out in Saudi!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

7 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

He's not going anywhere.

Guess work at best. Hope you're right tho although everybody has a price. Time will tell. 

I think its right that the Saudi transfer window closes 3 weeks later than in the UK? Seem to remember Klopp banging on about it. Saudis could destabilise a lot of clubs after the window closes in the UK if true. 

* just see  on another thread

Edited by Vansen
Just seen on another thread

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Hickey was Levein and hid contract wasn't long iirc. Actually the mistake was the bizarre sell on fee.

The sell on fee was someone’s fault in the current board, McKinlay would be my bet. 

50 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Has anyone made any Lawrence of Arabia jokes yet  .

Yes ..Lawrence of to Arabia comment 😂

MarkDevriesScores4
3 minutes ago, Vansen said:

I think its right that the Saudi transfer window closes 3 weeks later than in the UK? Seem to remember Klopp banging on about it. Saudis could destabilise a lot of clubs after the window closes in the UK if true. 

Yeah, a lot of folk saying that when the U.K. window closes it should be closed for sales too so that random countries can’t do exactly what Klopp was talking about. Does seem ridiculous that a team could lose a player (or more) and are not able to replace them for at least 4 months.

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

Imagine how raging we're all going to be when it turns out that it's Stoke that's in for him and their bid is only £2.5M :vrface:

Why would he want to go to a country that doesn’t let girls play football 🤷🏾‍♂️? Scary stuff when girls have better access to play in Saudi. 

KyleLafferty
8 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

ITK?

Kind of know someone who works at Hearts. No idea how he would actually know though. He tells me a load of shite majority of the time 😂

Pasquale for King
Just now, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Yeah, a lot of folk saying that when the U.K. window closes it should be closed for sales too so that random countries can’t do exactly what Klopp was talking about. Does seem ridiculous that a team could lose a player (or more) and are not able to replace them for at least 4 months.

Why does the UK window gazump every other country’s window? The UK isnt an entity in football terms. 
If it’s possible the FA could say you can’t sell after a window closes in your own country. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, KyleLafferty said:

Kind of know someone who works at Hearts. No idea how he would actually know though. He tells me a load of shite majority of the time 😂

Joe Savage 🤔?

GorgieFifeLife
13 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

👍🏻😂

1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Has anyone made any Lawrence of Arabia jokes yet  .

Very good

but you would be a bit if o tool

Arthur Morgan

How deluded are Hibs fans? Like really. Got a Hibs fan on twitter telling me that Nisbet is twice the player Shankland is 🙈

Edited by Arthur Morgan

3 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

How deluded are Hibs fans? Like really. Got a Hibs fan on twitter telling me that Nisbet is twice the player Shankland is 🙈

Exactly the kind of halucagenit ranting you'd expect after snorting a line from across your own sisters butt cheeks.

Fitzroy Pointon
7 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

They also think Paul Hanlon is better than Rowles and Halkett. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, Negan said:

Could never afford his wages but I would actually take the wee scrote

He’d see red every 4 games. His scampish behavior wouldn’t be seen that way with us.

54 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The sell on fee was someone’s fault in the current board, McKinlay would be my bet. 

Not the case. (McKinlay wasn't even on board then I don't think? ) Anyway, we had someone in helping out temporarily, and he did that deal. 

Greedy Jambo

How much are the rich barstewards offering? 

I'd take 10 million, as long as the majority of it went to getting decent players in. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Imagine how sunburnt that napper would get out in Saudi!

giphy (2).gif

5 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

How much are the rich barstewards offering? 

I'd take 10 million, as long as the majority of it went to getting decent players in. 

Don't have faith the money would be used wisely rather we gave him 15k a week and kept him for 5 years. If I was in charge of club it would have to be crazy money to make me sell. We need to start spending more money on the team. None of this spending money on a women's team(should be paid by the women's revenue) or hotel. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, troonmaroon said:

Not the case. (McKinlay wasn't even on board then I don't think? ) Anyway, we had someone in helping out temporarily, and he did that deal. 

Get your facts right, McKinlay took over in August 2020 and Hickey was sold 5 weeks later? Are you blaming Jeffries?

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, skacel103 said:

Don't have faith the money would be used wisely rather we gave him 15k a week and kept him for 5 years. If I was in charge of club it would have to be crazy money to make me sell. We need to start spending more money on the team. None of this spending money on a women's team(should be paid by the women's revenue) or hotel. 

Yeah, it's like Ann lost interest after losing her boys, Craig Levein & Robbie Neilson, the women's team seems to be her priority now. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Was it not JJ that was involved in negotiating transfer deals when Hickey went ?

Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

Yeah, it's like Ann lost interest after losing her boys, Craig Levein & Robbie Neilson, the women's team seems to be her priority now. 

Don't have a problem with money giving to women's team but should be in proportion to the revenue it generates.  I have no idea how much has been invested but if this is draining money from the men's team it's very silly. 

7 minutes ago, skacel103 said:

If he goes to Saudi then he likely gets 50k - 100k per week tax free. 

If a bid comes in and he wants to go then there is little we can do to keep him. 

As it stands he's achieved about all he can with us, he's scored a lot of goals and played in euro group stage football.

Greedy Jambo
3 minutes ago, skacel103 said:

Don't have a problem with money giving to women's team but should be in proportion to the revenue it generates.  I have no idea how much has been invested but if this is draining money from the men's team it's very silly. 

I don't know how much has been invested either, but it seems like we just keep signing the same calibre of players, with not much improvement, still relying on Boyce and Beni, still playing a craig levein signing who is on a 1 year contract (haring) still playing Devlin who is nowhere near good enough, and we chose the cheap option in Naismith who doesn't even have his coaching badges. 

5 minutes ago, skacel103 said:

Draining money from the men’s team lol 

4 minutes ago, Rods said:

Draining money from the men’s team lol 

Sorry but how many here have a season ticket for the women's team? 

I hope people aren't too attached to the idea that Hearts will be screaming around signing £2m or £3m players.  Those tend to expect wages of at least £12k per week,  probably more.  3 year contract to go some way towards protecting the residual value of the capital expenditure,  that's another £2m+ to budget for in wages.  

Our glass ceiling is around £1m for one signing.  

Just now, skacel103 said:

Sorry but how many here have a season ticket for the women's team? 

no point in arguing on your laughable post. I hear this all the time. Your next point is hotels then onto Budge/McKinley/Savage your played out nonsense only get traction on Facebook pages we’re people eat this crap up. 

1 minute ago, Rods said:

no point in arguing on your laughable post. I hear this all the time. Your next point is hotels then onto Budge/McKinley/Savage your played out nonsense only get traction on Facebook pages we’re people eat this crap up. 

Nope I think savage is doing a great job. Budge looks like she little to do with club now, if it's probably mckinley and board not spending more dough last season. Kuol on loan, hill on loan and signing oda. Just seemed cheap. We had known by then of all the injuries. Should have spent more and cemented 3rd. Clearly spent more money this window so we had the money. 

alicante jambo
40 minutes ago, troonmaroon said:

JJ?

14 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I hope people aren't too attached to the idea that Hearts will be screaming around signing £2m or £3m players.  Those tend to expect wages of at least £12k per week,  probably more.  3 year contract to go some way towards protecting the residual value of the capital expenditure,  that's another £2m+ to budget for in wages.  

Our glass ceiling is around £1m for one signing.  

Wonder what players at that price range are available bearing in mind we would only have a couple of weeks to get his replacement in should he go. 

Probably sign an Australian u23 player 🤣

Thunder and Lightning
3 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Get your mate to follow you too, triple redundancy, no chances taken :smuggy:

Might start a thread so we can sign up loads of people.  😂 

9 minutes ago, skacel103 said:

Nope I think savage is doing a great job. Budge looks like she little to do with club now, if it's probably mckinley and board not spending more dough last season. Kuol on loan, hill on loan and signing oda. Just seemed cheap. We had known by then of all the injuries. Should have spent more and cemented 3rd. Clearly spent more money this window so we had the money. 

What if the benefactors said we are going to plough money into the club but we need a women’s team. So the women’s team have given us upwards of 12 million pound maybe more and a stand which will generate unknown amounts of cash in the future.

Seeing as you are just making things up I can also do it aswell.

No women’s team = no benefactors at least my made up story is more plausible than yours 

1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

Wonder what players at that price range are available bearing in mind we would only have a couple of weeks to get his replacement in should he go. 

Probably sign an Australian u23 player 🤣

I think we would be looking for an overseas option on a loan with option to buy,  possibly similar in structure to Vargas,  but at a higher level.  We could commit to fairly competitive wages (contribution towards) + reasonable fee (£500k or so) for the loan for a season.  Cast iron first skelp to buy,  if successful.

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Was it not JJ that was involved in negotiating transfer deals when Hickey went ?

He was an advisor, if McKinlay signed off on it he shouldn’t be in the job and surely the manager had some sort of input also? With all due respect JJ hadnt done deals for a while and was a bit like Levein when it came to deals, allegedly. 

Jambof3tornado

Sooooooooo, is this just his agent throwing his name out there to drum up interest given shanks stock is as high as its ever been?

Maybe told shanks there would be plenty interest etc etc. Certainly shankland doesnt look like last seasons shanks.

Thunder and Lightning

I love this thread, people chucking about made up numbers like they are real. 

Seems to be going for between 3 and 10 million and will be on a wage between 20 and 100k per week. 

😂 

Thunder and Lightning
3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Sooooooooo, is this just his agent throwing his name out there to drum up interest given shanks stock is as high as its ever been?

Maybe told shanks there would be plenty interest etc etc. Certainly shankland doesnt look like last seasons shanks.

Agents don't decide to do that on their own. They act on the instructions of their client. 

If the agent is whoring him about. It's on Shanklands instruction. 

FWIW. If the Saudis want him..he’s off ski. 

Likewise, If someone in England wants him  he’s gone as well. We are a selling club and players come here with the promise if they do well we won’t stand in their way for pastures new should they wish. 

Doesn’t mean we have to be mugs but we can’t be seen to hold players and clubs to Ransom whether. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

This seasons Shanks is missing  last seasons Gino.