***Heart Of Midlothian Vs Rosenborg*** OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD

Masonic

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

112 or so tickets left to buy, place should be rocking on Thursday night. If they are to open K would be better to get it open now to sell some of the tickets. 

Hopefully they are not keeping it empty for a ridiculous OTT segregation like they did last season 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamboozy

• iantjambo

• Clark Griswold

• Ricardo Quaresma

heartsfc_fan
9 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Hopefully they are not keeping it empty for a ridiculous OTT segregation like they did last season 

I think they are unfortunately. Probably not Hearts call either.

indianajones
20 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I am fully behind the club and hope we manage to get the result that sees us through. 

But after the first 3 games, Anyone who thinks we've gone into this season properly prepared has got their head up their arse.

Not optimistic. 

Yep. Nowhere near fit or sharp enough from what we have seen so far. Not entirely sure why this has happened? 

Signing players quite late on probably hasn't helped matters.

26 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Segregation seemed unaffected at Ibrox last week

I know .... I was thinking about plenty of European games where the segregation is nothing like ours before I posted. But I can't think why else the club would leave a whole section empty.

On the otherhand, segregation at Easter Road last Thursday was enormous......:D

Edited by JALBO

pettigrewsstylist

3 games into season and im trooping along on Thu with only faint hope and nowt else.

Club really needs to sort itself out.

We are drifting into complacent mediocrity quickly. 

Results are not the issue; performances, across pretty much whole squad, combined with serious lack of style and bottle are.

19 hours ago, Sherbet said:

Devlin?  Did you watch the first leg?

Devlin? I know he has his supporters but to me he's a booking waiting to happen. If he gets booked in the 1st 20 minutes then I'd be panicking every time he goes in for a tackle. His passing isn't great. We have zero chance with 10 men. I appreciate this is a negative post 🤷‍♂️

KyleLafferty
4 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

3 games into season and im trooping along on Thu with only faint hope and nowt else.

Club really needs to sort itself out.

We are drifting into complacent mediocrity quickly. 

Results are not the issue; performances, across pretty much whole squad, combined with serious lack of style and bottle are.

Lol

32 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Yep. Nowhere near fit or sharp enough from what we have seen so far. Not entirely sure why this has happened? 

Signing players quite late on probably hasn't helped matters.

St Jonstone played in the league Cup group stages. So they were ahead by 3-4 competitive games

Rosenborg 18 games into their season.

Kilmarnock same as St Johnstone. 

So we've played 3 games against 3 teams who have an advantage of playing competitive football in games that really matter. 

We haven't prepared for that. Knowing that at the very least we would likely play against a European team deep into their competitive season. 

Portable Badger
48 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

That's dictated by UEFA I believe

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

I think they are unfortunately. Probably not Hearts call either.

Totally unnecessary, the club should not be just accepting this as it is costing us thousands in lost ticket revenue 

Portable Badger
Just now, The Treasurer said:

Didn't seem to apply at Ibrox last week. 

Old Firm Rules trump all other rules - you should know that by now !!

Sorry I didn't watch their game at all last week.  I seem to recall from discussions on here about the segregation at Tynie and there was a comment (from memory now) from the club mentioning the UEFA stipulations.

50 minutes ago, Bauld said:

St Jonstone played in the league Cup group stages. So they were ahead by 3-4 competitive games

So we've played 3 games against 3 teams who have an advantage of playing competitive football in games that really matter. 

We haven't prepared for that. Knowing that at the very least we would likely play against a European team deep into their competitive season. 

I’m not trying to catch you out but what was different about this close season to last close season (just for a recent example). I agree we look rusty and it would’ve been better getting signings in earlier. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m not trying to catch you out but what was different about this close season to last close season (just for a recent example). I agree we look rusty and it would’ve been better getting signings in earlier. 

It would be better getting signings in earlier but that's not always possible unfortunately. 

Kent looks a fantastic signing and has settled in super quick, I think Calem is going to be another excellent signing  and i think he will settle in reasonably quickly.

We are going to have to give Vargas , Tagawa and Lowry time to find their feet imo. 

Personally i think we are going to be in a really good position in a month or so once the new payers get fully up to speed and that's nobodies fault really,  just the way it's panned out. 

6 minutes ago, ramrod said:

It would be better getting signings in earlier but that's not always possible unfortunately. 

Kent looks a fantastic signing and has settled in super quick, I think Calem is going to be another excellent signing  and i think he will settle in reasonably quickly.

We are going to have to give Vargas , Tagawa and Lowry time to find their feet imo. 

Personally i think we are going to be in a really good position in a month or so once the new payers get fully up to speed and that's nobodies fault really,  just the way it's panned out. 

I really hope Vargas starts on Thursday. He looks like he has been here for years and bleeds maroon already. Make the most of him by the way because we’re not keeping him long.

Remaining positive but we'll need to majorly rethink the midfield setup..We'll get picked off on the counter by Rosenborg otherwise.

1 hour ago, Bauld said:

This seems to happen every year.

Maybe the answer is just to finish 6th and play in the League Cup...?

9 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I really hope Vargas starts on Thursday. He looks like he has been here for years and bleeds maroon already. Make the most of him by the way because we’re not keeping him long.

I don't think Vargas is available. He isn't in the squad listed on the UEFA website.

3 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I don't think Vargas is available. He isn't in the squad listed on the UEFA website.

I might be wrong but if he is 21 or under he doesn’t need to be registered. Think the only reason we have registered our Scottish u21s is because we need to register 4 players trained by the club

7 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

I might be wrong but if he is 21 or under he doesn’t need to be registered. Think the only reason we have registered our Scottish u21s is because we need to register 4 players trained by the club

I think he'd still need to be registered on the B list (meaning he doesn't use up a space in the 23-man A list). The UEFA website has all the B list players listed as well and he's not there.

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaconferenceleague/clubs/50120--hearts//squad/

15 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Hmmmm right enough, and we can’t add him between legs I don’t think. Maybe we put an amendment in that isn’t showing ?

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Hmmmm right enough, and we can’t add him between legs I don’t think. Maybe we put an amendment in that isn’t showing ?

Possibly, although I think Tagawa's international clearance didn't come through til the Friday (6 days before the first leg) and Lowry was signed on the Friday as well. Suspect those might account for the maximum two changes we were permitted in the last week.

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Totally unnecessary, the club should not be just accepting this as it is costing us thousands in lost ticket revenue 

Absolutely.  And it reduced the atmosphere having most of the Roseburn empty, with most away support that you could have put into two minibuses. 

19 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Did we not sign him before the first leg registration though? Maybe the UEFA website never updated 

I think Will Fish signed the Thursday they got pumped in Andorra, didn't play that game... then played in the return leg. So we might be able to register Vargas between legs?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

We didn’t start last season playing all that well either although results were the same league wise, after hastily arranged friendlies. 

1 minute ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Just over 30 tickets left by my counting, all single seats.

If we can't use K for whatever reason, I hope the club manages to find some seats to sell over the next few days. As far as I can see, the end/corner section of lower T, the seats in lower A normally used for the half-time kids, and a couple of rows in X have never appeared for sale. Maybe they're being used for something - if not, hopefully the club haven't forgotten about them.

Rocky jamboa
2 hours ago, marcus said:

I think Will Fish signed the Thursday they got pumped in Andorra, didn't play that game... then played in the return leg. So we might be able to register Vargas between legs?

McAvoy said in an interview with the Scotsman that "We’ll have more options next week – Tagawa, Nieuwenhof and Vargas as well. It’s set up nicely.”

So Vargas seems to be available. 

Rocky jamboa

Think this is going to be one of those epic Tynecastle European nights!! Looks to be a sell out crowd. A nice high tempo start and early goal will get the atmosphere pumping! Can't wait. 

3 hours ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Think this is going to be one of those epic Tynecastle European nights!! Looks to be a sell out crowd. A nice high tempo start and early goal will get the atmosphere pumping! Can't wait. 

I cannot imagine for a minute that we’ll get the same low key slow start never really got going type performance we got against Kilmarnock. They’ll be courting mass anger and serious questioning of their commitment and ability (the team and the coaching staff) if we see anything resembling that type of performance. We need to score at least twice on the night. You don’t do that against this standard of team by passing along your back line probing for an opening.

35 minutes ago, JamboMaddy said:

What is the latest with Beni?

Hamstring recovered or not, he’s not ready to be starting football matches, especially one of this importance

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

I cannot imagine for a minute that we’ll get the same low key slow start never really got going type performance we got against Kilmarnock. They’ll be courting mass anger and serious questioning of their commitment and ability (the team and the coaching staff) if we see anything resembling that type of performance. We need to score at least twice on the night. You don’t do that against this standard of team by passing along your back line probing for an opening.

Hope so!! hope players and coaching team prove it on the pitch.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Attack attack attack from the off and we'll get through this tie in my opinion because they're defence there weakest point

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Anywhere in Krakow where I could watch this? 

When we were there we saw some English Prem game in 442 sports bar. They must’ve had at least 20 screens so maybe a chance there. 

34 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

When we were there we saw some English Prem game in 442 sports bar. They must’ve had at least 20 screens so maybe a chance there. 

Cheers bro. 👍

8 hours ago, Rocky jamboa said:

I hope this happens.   
Fast start - crowd reacting positively to what’s on the park. 

An early goal aswell - get us on the front foot.  

basically all things that rarely  happen 🙈

12 hours ago, GinRummy said:

We were very poor first game of the season last season against Ross County. Zurich performance was similar to Rosenborg, our only good performance around the start of last season was against a completely demoralised Dundee United team. I think the lack of competitive football is a big factor, and if we can get through this tie and past Partick Thistle, then we will be in much better shape going into the next round and Dundee away. 

kingantti1874
5 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Hamstring recovered or not, he’s not ready to be starting football matches, especially one of this importance

would give him 60 mins against thistle 

pettigrewsstylist
5 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Yip. Doing that for 45mins and then getting counterbashed in 2nd half would be dissapointing.

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Attack attack attack from the off and we'll get through this tie in my opinion because they're defence there weakest point

Och aye , Rosenborg will come apart, if subjected to that.

We dont appear to have players that can do that though unfortunately.