• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamboozy

• iantjambo

• Clark Griswold

• Ricardo Quaresma

Absolute Scenes

Canny get a worse ref so that’s a positive. We’re still in it. Vargas and Tagawa to still play too. Reckon we’ll have a similar performance to Zurich at home but with the goals this time 

Just now, Masonic said:

still got a chance. with a better ref, performance and the home advantage it could be a late night. 

And a full strength team playing a good old Scottish blood and thunder style in front of a full Tynie ! Cannae wait !!

4 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Wtaf

..you are a hibee 

😂😂 it’s called watching what’s in front of you without tinted specs

8 minutes ago, pointon said:

8 minutes ago, pointon said:

You need help m8

Beni aside we are still looking a bit rusty. Hopefully we’ll sharpen up a wee bit by next week.  Our chances of progression are 50/50 imo. 

We'll be struggling with the demands of playing Thursday/Sunday and slump to a limp 0-0 draw next week. 

6 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

We'll be struggling with the demands of playing Thursday/Sunday and slump to a limp 0-0 draw next week. 

That’s the spirit! 5E941E11-8E1D-4B23-AAB5-114CBA4C5C84.gif.4f0e896a31c88530c5fca187c3c0a7b9.gif

14 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Not sure if mentioned elsewhere but Boyce went straight up the tunnel at full time. Never let on to anyone.

Quite liking this new leaner meaner take no shite and playing with rage Boyce :D 

Early goal gives us a great chance but it it doesn’t come we have to stay with the team & not lose out shit! They look very good on the counter! Hopefully shanks in the 10 & tagawa up top will make a big difference! Vargas to come on for a cameo & bag the 3rd in a 3-0, or am I being too optimistic after tonight’s first half 

24 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Not sure if mentioned elsewhere but Boyce went straight up the tunnel at full time. Never let on to anyone.

Probably pissed off he didn’t get on earlier 

Clark

Atkinson

Kent

Kingsley

Cochrane

Oda

Devlin

Haring

Lowry

Shankland

Tagawa

Rowles was ok tonight but it was a noticeable tactic of theirs to let him have the ball when he came out from the back. I wonder if it might be an idea to slot Kingsley or Sibbick in there next week instead.

Lord Montpelier

Kingsley into LB

Haring and Cochrane in for Beni / Devlin

Tagawa for Forrest

Boyce for Lowry

Will win the game

3 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Clark

Atkinson

Kent

Kingsley

Cochrane

Oda

Devlin

Haring

Lowry

Shankland

Tagawa

Rowles was ok tonight but it was a noticeable tactic of theirs to let him have the ball when he came out from the back. I wonder if it might be an idea to slot Kingsley or Sibbick in there next week instead.

They were more than happy to let Rowels and Kent come forward.... Sibbick might change that thus creating more space in midfield.

I think we'll go through.

Absolutely crucial that we have Tagawa up top with Shankland in behind, tonight showed just how much of a miss not having Ginnelly is, hopeful Tagawa can fill that slot.

Jambo Buckets

Ticket sales look pretty good for this one. Positive result at the weekend and we could get close to a sell out. Bit surprised considering we didn't sell out the group stage games last year but hopefully the fans get right behind the team. 

Looks like about 16,500 tickets have gone up until tonight, so given we're still in the tie, I imagine the rest will go quickly. A full house right behind the team will make a difference.

lisburnjambo

Last time the “bring the noise” was asked for last year Tynecastle didn’t really live up to its “famous roar” (as it hasn’t for years 

it’s needed next week that’s for sure 

Very poor in the first half. Second half we were much better and very much alive.

It should be a totally different game at Tynie and still confident we can progress. We, the fans need to play our part and get the place absolutely rocking!

Edited by D4nny_

1 minute ago, lisburnjambo said:

Last time the “bring the noise” was asked for last year Tynecastle didn’t really live up to its “famous roar” (as it hasn’t for years 

it’s needed next week that’s for sure 

Thats because we were 1 behind within 5 mins having never had the ball. 

1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

Clark

Atkinson

Kent

Kingsley

Cochrane

Oda

Devlin

Haring

Lowry

Shankland

Tagawa

How can you possibly expect Devlin to start? Grant and Hoff should be in the starting 11 before him. We want players that will carry the ball and have the ability to pick a pass. We need momentum and should be constantly looking at going forward. 

I think provided we watch ourselves on the counter, we have more than enough to take care of this at home. A full squad to choose from, another game under our belts by then, it’s in our hands 👍🏻

Just now, tiger Rudi said:

How can you possibly expect Devlin to start? Grant and Hoff should be in the starting 11 before him. We want players that will carry the ball and have the ability to pick a pass. We need momentum and should be constantly looking at going forward. 

I was swithering over including him, but:

1) we need to play with an intensity similar to the Zurich home game last year (preferably we'll put the ball in the net this time). Devlin was instrumental to that intensity.

2) Nieuwenhof could be a shout but is an unknown.

3) I don't necessarily trust Grant either.

Just now, liam11 said:

I think provided we watch ourselves on the counter, we have more than enough to take care of this at home. A full squad to choose from, another game under our belts by then, it’s in our hands 👍🏻

Yes, watch ourselves on the counter. Sibbick should be brought back for this one. We may need his recovery pace if we are camped in their half and they launch it. They looked quite nippy up front and out wide to me. 

2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I was swithering over including him, but:

1) we need to play with an intensity similar to the Zurich home game last year (preferably we'll put the ball in the net this time). Devlin was instrumental to that intensity.

2) Nieuwenhof could be a shout but is an unknown.

3) I don't necessarily trust Grant either.

Grant was outstanding in that tie...... Then had his brain fart moment and never really recovered from it. Dumped to the bench afterwards and forever the villain in the eyes of the fans. He's got a lot to do to get a place in the starting line up, but just offers more than Devlin in a team that "should" expect far more possession in forward areas on the night. 

buzzbomb1958
7 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

I thought we showed them too much respect tonight. If we really go at them I think we can score a few at Tynecastle.

I think Mcavoy is a dinosaur and should be nowhere near the first team , that reminded me of a Robbie team , not even playing from the first whistle and try to start playing when we go behind , sorry but we need naisy to get his badges asap Mcavoy is a Dundee Utd manager that’s his level and I am sick of these no mark guys in football getting a living from Hearts

We will be at home and will have a much stronger team.

Even tonight, away from home, I fully believe that if Haring starts and Beni doesn't we don't lose the game.

2 hours ago, bigdav said:

Maybe needed a tam kite

I think we will see the same approach from Rosenberg next week as in the first half tonight. They will sit with a low block and hit us with fast breaks. It worked perfectly for them tonight. We need to be disciplined in defence. Perhaps Sibbick’s pace would be helpful. We need the same approach as with Zurich last year but with taking our chances and avoiding a Grant-like brain fart. Hopefully we can progress, but we don’t half make life difficult for ourselves.

BackOfTheNet

I’m not sure if we can do it. But I believe we can do it.

However, my belief about our chances should we progress is much slimmer after tonight.

34 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

Like how the new ticket site shows you tickets remaining in each section.

By my count, a total of 856 remain.

Game on. 

Potential to be up there with the best atmosphere at Tynie if we get an early goal. Even if we don't score early I reckon it'll still be hostile. I fancy the Norweigens to shit it. Hopefully :)