• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamboozy

• iantjambo

• Clark Griswold

• Ricardo Quaresma

Ex member of the SaS

We need to start faster and get more players forward, The slow tappy football around the defense is killing us. I don't care if others think this is the way to draw out the opposition as so far  I have yet to see it working. Get stuck in, move the ball quicker and push them from the start.

If we go for it and don't dally around we will win.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

On 15/08/2023 at 06:58, GinRummy said:

When we were there we saw some English Prem game in 442 sports bar. They must’ve had at least 20 screens so maybe a chance there. 

Thanks for that, spoke to the barman, he says he'll put the Hearts game on for me. 👍 Lovin it 😁

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Thanks for that, spoke to the barman, he says he'll put the Hearts game on for me. 👍 Lovin it 😁

Nice 👍

Has to be a fast start, go at them from the off !

The mobility in midfield needs to be sorted for this game, or they will just break and score.

I would have sibbick in at CB , purely for his pace , with Kent mopping up any high balls etc.

Shanks starts...regardless of what some trumpets on here have convinced themselves of.

Mon the Gorgie, get Tynie rockin and we are through !

It's much easier coming on and finding space when the opposition are tired. Look at Lowry in the STJ game. Popped up everywhere. Rosenborg and Kilmarnock less said the better.

I don't envy Naismith because if we lose people will say he got the team wrong. I can see the argument from both sides. Leave the pace/creative guys on the bench to come on when they are knackered. But also the let's just try and blow them out the water approach too.

An early goal will make so much of a difference. We should have beaten Zurich, let's right that wrong.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Daveandal said:

Might be a "babe" fan.

No reason to use the word pig, though, is it?

Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

No reason to use the word pig, though, is it?

It's quite a common phrase. That'll do pig, that'll do.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

It's quite a common phrase. That'll do pig, that'll do.

What? When taking a kicking from a policeman?

Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

What? When taking a kicking from a policeman?

Possibly, but it's not the time I'd use it 🤣

6 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Vargas not registered in time so won't be involved according to Evening news.

Didn't someone post a quote from McAvoy on here saying he was available?

Hearts are preparing to do without the injured midfielder Peter Haring against Rosenborg in Thursday’s European return leg, whilst recent signing Kenneth Vargas is unavailable having not been registered. Beni Baningime returns after a hamstring complaint and young midfielder Aidan Denholm could be involved again.

“Peter rolled his ankle at the weekend,” explained the Hearts head coach, Frankie McAvoy, after Haring was pictured in a protective boot. “We will give him every opportunity right up until tomorrow to see how he is. Everyone else is in contention, including Beni Baningime. The only one missing is Kenneth [Vargas] because of the registration procedure. We had already submitted our guidelines. Denholm has done himself no harm, has he? Calem Nieuwenhof is in contention for that position as well. We are well covered

Captain Lawrence Shankland is the subject of interest from clubs in Saudi Arabia and the English Championship, but McAvoy stressed the player has not asked to leave Tynecastle Park. Sporting director Joe Savage and technical director Steven Naismith are in charge of incoming and outgoing transfers.

Joe and Naisy deal with recruitment and transfers. As far as I’m concerned, he [Shankland] hasn’t intimated to me that he wants to move on,” said McAvoy. “I’m not surprised if there is speculation regarding him because he’s a top player and he’s our captain. I would expect interest, if I’m honest, but nothing I’m aware of at the moment. He’s our captain and hopefully he is available to lead our line on Thursday.”

Another new arrival, Kyosuke Tagawa, is available to play along with Nieuwenhof despite missing the first leg against Rosenborg in Trondheim. Hearts are also keen to strengthen their defence with a loan deal for Brighton and Hove Albion’s Odel Offiah.

“We’ve looked at him,” said McAvoy. “He is a big, strong, powerful defender who is quick and he is one we are interested in getting through the door. Joe and Naisy will deal with the recruitment side of things but we like him and, if we can get him in here, we think he will be a good asset to the squad.”

2 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Hearts are preparing to do without the injured midfielder Peter Haring against Rosenborg in Thursday’s European return leg, whilst recent signing Kenneth Vargas is unavailable having not been registered. Beni Baningime returns after a hamstring complaint and young midfielder Aidan Denholm could be involved again.

“Peter rolled his ankle at the weekend,” explained the Hearts head coach, Frankie McAvoy, after Haring was pictured in a protective boot. “We will give him every opportunity right up until tomorrow to see how he is. Everyone else is in contention, including Beni Baningime. The only one missing is Kenneth [Vargas] because of the registration procedure. We had already submitted our guidelines. Denholm has done himself no harm, has he? Calem Nieuwenhof is in contention for that position as well. We are well covered

Captain Lawrence Shankland is the subject of interest from clubs in Saudi Arabia and the English Championship, but McAvoy stressed the player has not asked to leave Tynecastle Park. Sporting director Joe Savage and technical director Steven Naismith are in charge of incoming and outgoing transfers.

Joe and Naisy deal with recruitment and transfers. As far as I’m concerned, he [Shankland] hasn’t intimated to me that he wants to move on,” said McAvoy. “I’m not surprised if there is speculation regarding him because he’s a top player and he’s our captain. I would expect interest, if I’m honest, but nothing I’m aware of at the moment. He’s our captain and hopefully he is available to lead our line on Thursday.”

Another new arrival, Kyosuke Tagawa, is available to play along with Nieuwenhof despite missing the first leg against Rosenborg in Trondheim. Hearts are also keen to strengthen their defence with a loan deal for Brighton and Hove Albion’s Odel Offiah.

“We’ve looked at him,” said McAvoy. “He is a big, strong, powerful defender who is quick and he is one we are interested in getting through the door. Joe and Naisy will deal with the recruitment side of things but we like him and, if we can get him in here, we think he will be a good asset to the squad.”

Ffs, that's disappointing about Vargas.

Need to get the centre midfield right. 

Need to harass this team into mistakes and relying on wide players to play like midfielders doesn’t work.  

They start too high up the pitch and get smothered, as we saw at the weekend. We need to control that area for ourselves as much as we can and feed our front men, be right up with them.  

Need to dictate our own play much more from that area, imo. 

19 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Oh man.  If Haring is missing, not sure what we do.  None of us do!!! Would need to see training to know who is best to start.  Devlin and Grant were superb together against Zurich..... maybe??  Otherwise you are looking Denholm, Newy and Beni in the eyes to see who looks most fearless!!!  Or its the much vaunted "Sibbick fur ra midfield" I guess.  He wouldn't dare play Halliday would he?!!?

Pete, get some nurofen doon ye big man!!!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
15 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

How have they not got Vargas registered. :vrface:

JFC we don’t half make it hard on ourselves sometimes! 

Tbf, I doubt the club have forgotten. It will just be a paperwork process which isn’t quick. 

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Big dose of Codeine would be better :lol:

1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Big dose of Codeine would be better :lol:

Anything! Smack him up, shrooms, whatever, get him playing!

LarrysRightFoot

Apologies if already mentioned but I think Sibbick in midfield with Beni and Pete injured would be a good move. We need as much pace, energy and mobility in the team as possible.

Ricardo Quaresma
6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

That gave me visuals of Pete swinging on the bar thinking he's an Orang-Utan :lol:

Which reminds me, who was the keeper we all sang 'swing on the bar' to? He did it too!

There may have been more than one

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
? to !

2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

That gave me visuals of Pete swinging on the bar thinking he's an Orang-Utan :lol:

Which reminds me, who was the keeper we all sang 'swing on the bar' to? He did it too!

-

Banksie??

18 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Oh man.  If Haring is missing, not sure what we do.  None of us do!!! Would need to see training to know who is best to start.  Devlin and Grant were superb together against Zurich..... maybe??  Otherwise you are looking Denholm, Newy and Beni in the eyes to see who looks most fearless!!!  Or its the much vaunted "Sibbick fur ra midfield" I guess.  He wouldn't dare play Halliday would he?!!?

Really did look a sore one on Sunday.  His ankle buckled.  Surprised he managed to play on.

29 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Get Denholm on that young 16 year old?

Rosenborg manager saying the winger Nelson is unlikely to play but he did also say the same about the captain last week and he played so fully expect him to start

Ricardo Quaresma
6 minutes ago, WalterEgo said:

Kello?

I think I do remember Kello doing it and we sang Kello, because Marian didn't fit :)

6 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Rosenborg manager saying the winger Nelson is unlikely to play but he did also say the same about the captain last week and he played so fully expect him to start

He was a real problem last week.

We came into the game more once he went off.

1 hour ago, MattyK82 said:

Peter Haring was born injured 

A_A wehatethehibs

Vargas signing was announced “subject to UK visa approval and international clearance” clearly this didn’t go through in time to be registered for the first leg. iirc you can’t add new singings between 1st and 2nd leg of a tie.  New players can only be registered when you advance to next round. Could be wrong on that. 

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

https://x.com/sked21/status/1691824240301854910?s=46&t=1O4UI5btXkUHhsTOYeb1gg

Barrie McKay back in contention though. Good news, particularly if him and Boyce can recapture the form they had while playing together (which seems like a lifetime ago!)

been in a boot for while.  Would be good to see him get half an hour against thistle.  Same with beni

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

been in a boot for while.  Would be good to see him get half an hour against thistle.  Same with beni

Sounds like McKay may have a chance for tomorrow too..

4-1-2-2-1 to try to win the middle of the pitch.

Clark

Atkinson  Kent  Rowles  Cochrane

Sibbick

Devlin  Denholm

Oda  Tagawa

Shankland

1 hour ago, MattyK82 said:

‘Hopefully he is available to lead our line on Thursday’

You could read a lot into that. 

Just now, Victorian said:

4-1-2-2-1 to try to win the middle of the pitch.

Clark

Atkinson  Kent  Rowles  Cochrane

Sibbick

Devlin  Denholm

Oda  Tagawa

Shankland

I like that team!

One thing that I'm kind of struggling to understand is why Shankland ends up playing as a 10 a lot of the time. Grant or Hof are both attacking midfielders by my understanding, so could surely play that role and allow Shankland to be more of a poacher? With Oda and McKay (and whoever else) doing the wing work and getting the ball into the box, I'd back Shanks to score more often than not. Its that Zeefuik knack for knowing where to be, some strikers have it, others don't. Shanks has is. 

pettigrewsstylist
52 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Shrooms..🤣🤣🤣

pettigrewsstylist
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yip, there is clearly some smoke in the room.

4-3-3

Clark

Atkinson 

Kent

Rowles

Cochrane

Devlin

Grant/Lowry

Hoff/Denholm

Oda

Shankland

Tagawa

Boyce available from bench

9 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Sounds like McKay may have a chance for tomorrow too..and 

And be another Beni? Thrown into an important game with zero preseason! Maybe a wee cameo at the end if were cruising it.

Ronald Villiers
17 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Was just going to post the same thing.  Everything he said sounded fine until he said that.