many thanks for replying

👍

Just now, Portable Badger said:

Sorry I thought I had replied to you directly - that's brilliant

many thanks for replying

👍

No worries 🇱🇻

hearts 4 the cup

Having just read the embarrassing interview from the guy that manages the team that hibs knocked out, was wondering, was there any Rosenborg reaction to us knocking them out?

hoping it’s more gracious if so! 

1 hour ago, hearts 4 the cup said:

Having just read the embarrassing interview from the guy that manages the team that hibs knocked out, was wondering, was there any Rosenborg reaction to us knocking them out?

Think I read that he thought we handled the ‘occasion’ better than they did and his players found the atmosphere difficult. Thought they should have finished the tie at home as we were poor but we had a lot more energy in the second leg. Can’t argue with much of that. Didn’t seem bitter at all at going out to us.

18 hours ago, Newton51 said:

What was the story last night that uefa weren’t happy before the game and it might not have gone ahead

someone on here said the size of the goals or something similar was the potential issue

26 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

someone on here said the size of the goals or something similar was the potential issue

:what:

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Think I read that he thought we handled the ‘occasion’ better than they did and his players found the atmosphere difficult. Thought they should have finished the tie at home as we were poor but we had a lot more energy in the second leg. Can’t argue with much of that. Didn’t seem bitter at all at going out to us.

Decent. We got them at a good time - that side has a lot of promise and clearly building for the future with some decent young players.

On 18/08/2023 at 10:36, rudeskaboyuk said:

17,942 at the game ....but it was sold out ? 

Yes, I can never understand these stats.  Apart from the odd empty seat and that section of the Roseburn stand for the Rosenborg fans it looked a full house.

However we have never posted anything more than 18,000 plus despite extending the ground to hold 20,000.

Puzzling.

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Never seen this. Reminds me of our trip to Mallorca in 98. 

1 minute ago, chrystaf said:

Yes, I can never understand these stats.  Apart from the odd empty seat and that section of the Roseburn stand for the Rosenborg fans it looked a full house.

However we have never posted anything more than 18,000 plus despite extending the ground to hold 20,000.

Puzzling.

Must be a chunk of seats taken up with the awful looking barriers in the Roseburn.

22 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Puzzling.

The away sections (on Thursday) account for around 1100 seats I think, and I believe they sold 61 tickets or so.

Full capacity is somewhere around 19,500 give or take a few hundred.

With European matches there probably a fair bit more tickets for 'delegates' and possibly players etc get an extra couple of tickets to give out. Those won't be classed as tickets sold, or available for sale. So add up the 17,942, plus the 1,000+ empty in the away end add in a a couple of hundred 'comps' and that'll be about the capacity. 

5 hours ago, hearts 4 the cup said:

Just checked, he wasn't much more gracious haha!... He mentions some shite about trying to play football the Rosenborg way, but we were too good in the air and in duels.

Several from both teams' support staff were up and arguing with each other. Among other things, Svein Maalen was at the front with his index finger to give a clear message.

- I'm surprised that what are supposed to be tough Scots just whine, fall, and whine so much at the referee. I don't understand any of that. 

I am disappointed that we are not able to knock them out. I think we are actually a better football team than them.

7 minutes ago, marcus said:

Just checked, he wasn't much more gracious haha!... He mentions some shite about trying to play football the Rosenborg way, but we were too good in the air and in duels.

Several from both teams' support staff were up and arguing with each other. Among other things, Svein Maalen was at the front with his index finger to give a clear message.

- I'm surprised that what are supposed to be tough Scots just whine, fall, and whine so much at the referee. I don't understand any of that. 

I am disappointed that we are not able to knock them out. I think we are actually a better football team than them.

Thats brilliant could just tell from there reaction at the full time whistle they expected to beat us. There coaching staff looked like they had seen a ghost when McAvoy and Naismith went to shake there hands. He should maybe look closer to home about falling and whining though as there big striker spent the whole game trying to buy fouls.

hearts 4 the cup
6 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Thanks mate, couldn’t see anything anywhere. 

hearts 4 the cup
1 hour ago, marcus said:

Haha that’s a bit more bitter than the other one shared, love it! 

The coach that shaked macavoys hand really didn’t want too!

And maybe biased but thought we deserved it over the 2 legs 

thanks for sharing! 

FarmerTweedy
On 18/08/2023 at 01:55, Mdoug79 said:

Just in the door!! Wow what a night! What a performance after conceding with the 1st ball into our box!! 
I thought the game was done but that lovely finish from Shanks sent us on the way to an amazing turnaround, a superbly determined and dogged performance backed up by an amazing support at THE best stadium in Scotland!! Amazing! My 10yr old had tears in his eyes at the winner! 
What a night!! Would of far rather stayed for a few beers to celebrate rather then the 3yr drive home but wow it was worth it!!

What do you drive, a milk float???

Good angle for the Oda shot off the post.   Shanklands pass to Boyce took a deflection it looks like, I didn't notice it so much off the BBC Scotland live match.   Devlin celebrations 😍

gorgierulesapply88
3 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Good angle for the Oda shot off the post.   Shanklands pass to Boyce took a deflection it looks like, I didn't notice it so much off the BBC Scotland live match.   Devlin celebrations 😍

Was a good save from the keeper, who I thought saved from Rowles header aswell?

14 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

What do you drive, a milk float???

😂😂 No I live on a planet far far away

17 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

36 seconds in, just emerging from the tunnel... :lol:

image.thumb.png.3d7b95f4fc3ce76e5cf85e9f2b067b2e.png