***Heart Of Midlothian Vs Rosenborg*** OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD

Masonic

Jambo Buckets

All of X Upper has just gone on sale except for 6 rows in the middle.

About 280 released there in total in addition to 300 other tickets dotted around the stadium. Tickets sales have been very good, would be terrific to get this sold out. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamboozy

• iantjambo

• Clark Griswold

• Ricardo Quaresma

Portable Badger
51 minutes ago, Jambo Buckets said:

All of X Upper has just gone on sale except for 6 rows in the middle.

About 280 released there in total in addition to 300 other tickets dotted around the stadium. Tickets sales have been very good, would be terrific to get this sold out. 

Remind me please - I seem to recall more seats are made unavailable because of UEFA  rules - what's the max Hearts crowd possible during Europe & how many seats made available for Rosenborg?

Jambo Buckets
58 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Remind me please - I seem to recall more seats are made unavailable because of UEFA  rules - what's the max Hearts crowd possible during Europe & how many seats made available for Rosenborg?

I think that's only for the group stages. I think in the groups the lowest couple of rows can't be used because of higher advertising boards or something like that. 

For this the whole stadium is on sale apart from the 3 sections in Gorgie which is for away fans and segregation. 

Portable Badger
Just now, Jambo Buckets said:

I think that's only for the group stages. I think in the groups the lowest couple of rows can't be used because of higher advertising boards or something like that. 

For this the whole stadium is on sale apart from the 3 sections in Gorgie which is for away fans and segregation. 

👍

3 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

Along with @Jambo Buckets answer, I think for Thursday that translates to around 17,500 home tickets plus whatever away fans come across from Rosenborg.

2 hours ago, Jambo Buckets said:

I sit row 3 in the main stand,  and last season my row and the two infront were packed

Jambo Buckets
22 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

I sit row 3 in the main stand,  and last season my row and the two infront were packed

Yeah right enough, I think it might just have been the stands behind the goals

Edited by Jambo Buckets

Portable Badger
42 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Along with @Jambo Buckets answer, I think for Thursday that translates to around 17,500 home tickets plus whatever away fans come across from Rosenborg.

many thanks

Ricardo Quaresma
12 hours ago, Jambo Buckets said:

Yeah right enough, I think it might just have been the stands behind the goals

Yes, sure that's right because of the main camera angle, so that the ad boards are not obscured by the goals, or whatever

18 minutes ago, Scott980612 said:

Starting 11 for this game?? 🤯🤯 

Midfield is the worry and who can be trusted especially middle of the park 

Clark and the back 4 pick themselves, I prefer Sibbick over Rowles but it seems the management disagree. 

Haring must start. 

The other spot for me is between Denholm or Devlin. 

Oda and Shankland will start. So that leaves two, I'd go Boyce in the 10 and Tagawa on the left. 

1 minute ago, Bunny Munro said:

Clark and the back 4 pick themselves, I prefer Sibbick over Rowles but it seems the management disagree. 

Haring must start. 

The other spot for me is between Denholm or Devlin. 

Oda and Shankland will start. So that leaves two, I'd go Boyce in the 10 and Tagawa on the left. 

Boyce got to start me thinks

Clark

Atkinson 

Kent

Rowles

Corchrane 

Haring

Devlin (only because he plays well in Europe)

Oda

Boyce

Vargas

Shankland 

Hopefully we had one eye on this game today. Boyce,  Vargas and Denholm must be in contention to start after today's performances.

I’d be tempted to put Cochrane in the midfield alongside Haring… I know, out of position, etc, but he has the right attributes - energy, movement, passing, tackling, that everyone else seems to be missing just now.

Denholm is the only other option for me right now, but I think his inexperience is a bit too much of a risk for this game - definitely start him against Partick, though.

4 hours ago, Weonly151 said:

Clark

Atkinson 

Kent

Rowles

Corchrane 

Haring

Oda

Boyce

Vargas

Shankland 

Devlin?  Did you watch the first leg?

PhoenixHearts

Clark

Atkinson

Kent

Rowles

Cochrane

Haring

Grant (if fit)

Oda

Boyce

Vargas

Shankland

Bring on Lowry and Tagawa later in the 2nd when things are hopefully opening up.

49 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Clark

Atkinson

Kent

Rowles

Cochrane

Haring

Grant (if fit)

Oda

Boyce

Vargas

Shankland

Bring on Lowry and Tagawa later in the 2nd when things are hopefully opening up.

Yep that's probably what I would go with as well, given our options, could also see us going a 4-3-3 with Hoff in there as well, but who knows, I just hope we can move the ball quicker and press them high from the first minute, we seem very passive at the moment, need to start games with more intent and quickness, hopefully McKay can make the bench too, strengthening our options.

Shooter McGavin

Weirdly, still feeling pretty positive about this one.

We need a fast start though, a goal before half-time would be huge.

Despite the disappointment yesterday I am confident we can get through this tie.  3-1 Hearts possibly after ET

I'm hoping yesterday's poor performance was because we were saving ourselves for Thursday night. However, if we play like we did for the first 70 minutes yesterday we are out 

We defo have the players to win this match at home. A more dynamic approach is required fingers crossed hopefully Naisy gets it right this time. Funny thing if he gets it wrong by Saturday he will be the main man out front and the sharade for last few months can be put in the bin.

18 hours ago, Weonly151 said:

Clark

Atkinson 

Kent

Rowles

Corchrane 

Haring

Oda

Boyce

Vargas

Shankland 

Aside from that first half against Zurich at Tynie, what are you basing that on? Don't recall him being a standout in any other European games.

Pasquale for King

We need to make a fast start to keep the crowd into it, pressing high hopefully. We will need our most fit and energetic players to start and the clever ones to come on later in the game. 

Clark

Cochrane

Rowles

Kent

Atkinson

Vargas

Haring

Denholm

Oda

Shankland 

Tagawa

I'm interested to see if Naisy will start Kingsley or Cochrane. Kingsley has started reasonably well although he wasn't brilliant yesterday. Cochrane in the last few games for us hasn't been great defensively and positioning has been poor. Was at fault for the first goal against Rosenborg. The red cards at the end of last season were daft too and that was again down to being caught out due to lack of awareness and inexperience. I still really rate him as a player though with great potential but I'm not sure he deserves to come back in ahead of Kingsley at the moment. Both on form are fantastic players and we really need to get them back up to the standard they are capable of.

4 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Weirdly, still feeling pretty positive about this one.

We need a fast start though, a goal before half-time would be huge.

Yeah I’m in this camp. 

Fast start , with a goal to show for it , crowd involved early on , yes I’d like to think hearts can get the job done.  

Zurich performance but more clinical in front of goal - no daft red cards 

28 minutes ago, Chimp said:

I'm interested to see if Naisy will start Kingsley or Cochrane. Kingsley has started reasonably well although he wasn't brilliant yesterday. Cochrane in the last few games for us hasn't been great defensively and positioning has been poor. Was at fault for the first goal against Rosenborg. The red cards at the end of last season were daft too and that was again down to being caught out due to lack of awareness and inexperience. I still really rate him as a player though with great potential but I'm not sure he deserves to come back in ahead of Kingsley at the moment. Both on form are fantastic players and we really need to get them back up to the standard they are capable of.

Kingsley was dire yesterday - couldn't implement any good passes and was dreadfully slow in taking throw-ins. Denholm looked really good took some pretty heavy (illegal) challenges, dusted himself down and reentered the game. Vargas did himself a lot of good with his cameo appearance. Team for Thursday IMO - Clark, Atkinson, Kent, Rowles, Cochrane, Haring, Devlin, Nieuwhoff, Oda, Shankland, Tagawa. Bench: McGovern, Sibbick, Denholm, Boyce, Vargas, Grant, Wilson, Halliday, Forrest, Kingsley.

Graham Thomson

Boyce And Haring a must for me, 

My issue with Devlin is a guaranteed booking in usually in the first half, Denholm looks good but we also have a few options.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Everyone seems to be dropping Kingsley to the bench. Yet we looked much more solid at the back when he came on in the first leg and Cochrane was pushed up to the middle. Obviously, Haring was the big difference in the middle. Not sure Tagawa has done anything to make him a starter yet. Lowry was also posted missing in the first leg. Boyce could be kept for later in the game when the pace drops. I'd go with:

Clark

Atkinson

Kent

Rowles

Kingsley

Devlin

Haring

Cochrane

Oda

Shankland

Vargas

David McCaig

Will we be releasing Section K for sale?  There are now only single seats left apart from one block of 4 in Section X.

David McCaig
19 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Will we be releasing Section K for sale?  There are now only single seats left apart from one block of 4 in Section X.

Correction:  The block of 4 has gone and it is now single tickets only.  I know Monday is the day off for the ticket office but surely someone has the access to release Section K rather than waiting to Tuesday morning?

1 hour ago, TWF said:

Kingsley was dire yesterday - couldn't implement any good passes and was dreadfully slow in taking throw-ins. Denholm looked really good took some pretty heavy (illegal) challenges, dusted himself down and reentered the game. Vargas did himself a lot of good with his cameo appearance. Team for Thursday IMO - Clark, Atkinson, Kent, Rowles, Cochrane, Haring, Devlin, Nieuwhoff, Oda, Shankland, Tagawa. Bench: McGovern, Sibbick, Denholm, Boyce, Vargas, Grant, Wilson, Halliday, Forrest, Kingsley.

Much like the entire team. He has started the season well though and Cochrane didn't do anything against Rosenborg last week to deserve a starting spot. Was at fault for their goal.

Boyces beard
2 hours ago, Chimp said:

Think Cochrane will start but its a tough decision for Naisy.

On current form, if Devlin plays we're out. At the moment sadly its like playing with 10 men.

Denholm would be a better option if Grant is unavailable - he appears to have the ability to pick a pass to a degree.

Very worrying the new Aussie was deemed behind these 2 on Saturday - not a good sign - Kio mk2 perhaps?

Right.  I'm ignoring anything about Shanks for my team selection

Zander

Natty Kent Kye Kingsley

Haring Devlin

Oda Shanks Boyce Cochrane

Not sure who our left winger is until Barrie is back.  Vargas, but maybe a bit early for him.  Lowry strikes me as still a bit green, talented, but can he have a big influential game, and Forrest will do his yards, but is he enough of a threat, does he have that wee spark?  Not really.  Could Tagawa, simply be way of being left footed, play out there?!

So I've gone with this.

I know lots of sighs around the CM pairing, but I want full throttle up n at'em stuff and Cam can give us this.  Pete will hold it togeher.  If the rest of the team are motoring, we need that. The Hoff maybe not ready, would be a lot to ask of Denholm.  So this is the best option - if Cam is allowed to tackle without being booked for farting, he'll be just fine.  Go chase 'em, boy!!!!

Want to see us getting it forward quickly.  Don't worry about working it through the midfield.  Use Boycie and Shanks, get it to them and let them try make it stick - hit their feet if you can, but chests, or even the odd 50/50 for them to bully Rosenborg's shaky defenders.  Let's see Kingsley hitting switches to Oda.  I don't want to see Kingsley to Kye, to Kent, to Natty, to Oda, who then has the whole Roesenborg defence and midfield so comes back.  Switch it - hit him early and get them running backwards.  Win the scraps, see if they're up for a fight.

A lot might come down to the ref, especially if we go smashing in like Id like us to.  If he gives a foul every time we challenge for a header and a yellow every time we tackle, it'll be tricky.

pettigrewsstylist

Its all irrelevant if nobody has the balls to force to game.

The SN "carrying threat" mantra has not maifested itself in extremis.

His move!

112 or so tickets left to buy, place should be rocking on Thursday night. If they are to open K would be better to get it open now to sell some of the tickets. 

GorgieFifeLife

Staggering that some are still putting Devlin in their side🤦🏻.  He cannot pass the ball with any accuracy.  Never a player at this level.  Rowles and Kingsley also drop out for me along with Shankland whose body language says he is not interested and wants away.  

Clark

Atkinson

Kent

Sibbick

Cochrane

Haring

Denholm

Oda

Boyce

Vargas

Tagawa

5 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Staggering that some are still putting Devlin in their side🤦🏻.  He cannot pass the ball with any accuracy.  Never a player at this level.  Rowles and Kingsley also drop out for me along with Shankland whose body language says he is not interested and wants away.  

Clark

Atkinson

Kent

Sibbick

Cochrane

Haring

Denholm

Oda

Boyce

Vargas

Tagawa

I agree Devlin passing can be poor at times but we dont want to make a decision like last week with Beni and starting Denholm when he might not be ready. I would start Devlin as he can win us the ball back high up the par. We know what Devlin can offer when on his game and i would start him with Haring and play Oda Boyce McKay/Vargas and Shankland

2 hours ago, David McCaig said:

I don't think we opened K for the European matches last year. I'm presuming this must have something to do with UEFA segregation rules or something. It's a shame to have so many unusable seats.

21 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

I agree Devlin passing can be poor at times but we dont want to make a decision like last week with Beni and starting Denholm when he might not be ready. I would start Devlin as he can win us the ball back high up the par. We know what Devlin can offer when on his game and i would start him with Haring and play Oda Boyce McKay/Vargas and Shankland

It’s amazing all of a sudden the anti feeling for Devlin.  Ok, people can and are entitled to say he’s not been in great form since the end of last season and had a rusty start this one, but have they short memories?

The lad’s industry for the best part of the last two seasons has played its part in some good results and overall form.  

I’d be looking at a 3 in midfield. There’s an argument to let the current system have a chance to settle with the new players, but we’ll need to dominate the centre v Rosenberg. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Its all irrelevant if nobody has the balls to force to game.

The SN "carrying threat" mantra has not maifested itself in extremis.

His move!

He'll not play the game. 

I really really want us to get through to the next round. I was so upset when we blew it against Zurich, and that was with a fallback of the Conference league. I know we can do it but can they turn up? who knows.

David McCaig
1 hour ago, JALBO said:

I don't think we opened K for the European matches last year. I'm presuming this must have something to do with UEFA segregation rules or something. It's a shame to have so many unusable seats.

Segregation seemed unaffected at Ibrox last week

11 minutes ago, indianajones said:

After the Killie game.... zero hopes of progressing. 

I am fully behind the club and hope we manage to get the result that sees us through. 

But after the first 3 games, Anyone who thinks we've gone into this season properly prepared has got their head up their arse.

Not optimistic.