• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dawnrazor

• Tazio

• Homme

• Malinga the Swinga

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Christine and the Queens is a bit different.

Aye its alright isn't it :lol:

Fire_At_The_Disco
7 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Tbf Axl used to smoke god knows how many a day and absolutely hammer it thru a set well out of a normal range it's bound to catch up with you at some point. It's weird cos at times he's sounded fine tonight and at others awful. I'm going to cut him slack tho. Look g forward to seeing GNR on Tues, bern waiting about 3 years to go see them as it got cancelled twice for COVID and once for Axl falling ill. 

I’m a GNR fan bud, but it wasn’t great tonight from Axl

Christine and The Queens.  

BOOM! So far, so ****ing excellent.

Very unsuited to a festival. It’s a performance piece as opposed to just a gig. I’m not sure where I am about it. Great performance but some heavy handed gender politics thrown in. 

Brilliant performance I must say. Not familiar with her but one to check out tomorrow. Current song that she is singing is excellent. 

periodictabledancer
Just now, Tazio said:

Very unsuited to a festival. It’s a performance piece as opposed to just a gig. I’m not sure where I am about it. Great performance but some heavy handed gender politics thrown in. 

Real foot tappin' stuff this.

At least she's got her t*ts out though. 🙄

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Yes.

But the music.

2 minutes ago, Homme said:

Aye its alright isn't it :lol:

Just said to my misses that whatever this song is I like it a lot.

1 minute ago, Homme said:

Brilliant performance I must say. Not familiar with her but one to check out tomorrow. Current song that she is singing is excellent. 

Er, him. 

Just now, Ulysses said:

Clara Amfo sez "rock opera" and I wouldn't disagree.

Gig theatre was a popular term in the last few years and that sort of does for me. 

Just now, Tazio said:

Gig theatre was a popular term in the last few years and that sort of does for me. 

Makes sense.

Quality musicianship, btw.

will-i-am-a-jambo
7 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

I’m a GNR fan bud, but it wasn’t great tonight from Axl

No worries mate, was just thinking about why is voice has gone. I agree he was a bit hit n miss tonight.  

1 minute ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

No worries mate, was just thinking about why is voice has gone. I agree he was a bit hit n miss tonight.  

Hit and miss is a good way to describe it.  I commented earlier about, ahem, the voice and being in yer 60s, but he also handled some of the set really well.

2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Quality musicianship, btw.

Very much so. And a properly designed show. At a festival where so much stuff outside the headliners is just random flashing lights and bad choices the lighting was clearly a big part of the show. I appreciate when an act does that. 

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Very much so. And a properly designed show. At a festival where so much stuff outside the headliners is just random flashing lights and bad choices the lighting was clearly a big part of the show. I appreciate when an act does that. 

If memory serves, you would indeed.

will-i-am-a-jambo
13 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Hit and miss is a good way to describe it.  I commented earlier about, ahem, the voice and being in yer 60s, but he also handled some of the set really well.

Definitely, he wasn't all bad. He reminded me of Paul Stanley in Kiss. I went to see them a few years ago and he's gone the same way with his voice. Gene Simmons had to cover for him for quite a few songs. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
9 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

Just to be clear . I'm not mocking his condition, just the dirges he's singing and the droning sing-along crowd. 

Capri is awful. I'd never heard him before, turned off 2 seconds into us first song. Music for Take That fans.

Put Young Fathers on this morning but my wife is sleeping in the next room so, to avoid any recriminations, I've switched for The Lathums who are a cracking band. 

6 hours ago, Ulysses said:

20230623-181938.jpg

All the points are for humour apart from the last one. That’s 100% accurate for so many people

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Gutted for Capaldi.

I hope he’s got the support he needs. 

His Tourette’s has got worse as his mental health has become more shaky. 

I saw him at a small music festival just after he broke through and he is awesome live, even though they are mostly ballads which I generally detest.

But in two albums he has more anthem type songs than most bands.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Capri is awful. I'd never heard him before, turned off 2 seconds into us first song. Music for Take That fans.

Not the best gig to judge him on to be fair.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Generally speaking though Glasto needs to sort its headliners out for next time.

I quite enjoyed AMs but no way was that a “headliner” set.

I love GnR but either his voice is ducked or the sound guys screwed up (or both). 

Slash effectively was the one who held the whole set together.

So to back up the point about the BBC sound team. from their report this morning. 

(Some TV viewers complained his microphone was too quiet, but in the field he cut through the swathes of guitar like a knife through butter).

It'll be Queens of the Stone Age this evening for me over Elton. 

Sure Elton will knock it out the park though. I'm off tomorrow so will watch him then. 

I watched the Elton John gig that's on Disney. At thr Yankee stadium maybe? Thought it was pretty low energy and dull.

9 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

Real foot tappin' stuff this.

At least she's got her t*ts out though🙄

Wait....what?

5 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Wait....what?

you wont be able to get mrs dawnrazor to hook that performance up to the tv

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

you wont be able to get mrs dawnrazor to hook that performance up to the tv

😂 What happened?

Bindy Badgy
12 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

Not watching but I've heard his voice is shot.

It's been shot for decades. 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

So to back up the point about the BBC sound team. from their report this morning. 

(Some TV viewers complained his microphone was too quiet, but in the field he cut through the swathes of guitar like a knife through butter).

Thought it must be something like that, as at first you could see him singing but not hear a thing a lot of the time,but then later he was crystal clear. When they seemed to get some of the problems sorted out in the second half of the set, it was much better. Two and a half hour set though, not bad for a 61 year old energetic stage performer.

Slash was as magnificent as ever though.

Axl's sound weirdness was annoying but they were brilliant.  I don't think just the outstanding Slash.  They're still a great live act.  Slash is a bit special though.