• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dawnrazor

• Tazio

• Homme

• Malinga the Swinga

Just now, Dawnrazor said:

I saw Thunder in the Venue, quite good.

One of the best live bands I have seen ( 13 times)....😁, you could say I'm a fan.

2 minutes ago, Homme said:

505 destroyed by crooning. 

What a farce this is :lol:

Agreed. Close to turning it off. 😞 

6 minutes ago, micole said:

One of the best live bands I have seen ( 13 times)....😁, you could say I'm a fan.

I've only seen them the once, not my cup of tea but it was a good night, I'd rather they played tonight!

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Come on, you can't honestly say this has been anywhere near a memorable set when you look back at other bands from other years?

Just now, Tazio said:

Who's bitching ? I really wanted to hear them in fact I still am. Would I do it again....no, as I said not impressed but I had to find out what all the fuss was aboot. Just giving my opinion....😁

Nookie Bear

AM totally disappeared up their arses the last few albums. 

This is like something Lloyd Webber would write in his sleep. 

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

In terms of “their generation” I’ve always thought Kasabian are a superior band in almost every way to Arctic Monkeys. I actually really like Arctic Monkeys but I cannot believe they’re headlining Glastonbury for a 3rd time. I remember seeing them at TRNSMT in 2018 and being slightly underwhelmed. Again I thought Kasabian the year prior was miles ahead 

Definitely 

Come on, you can't honestly say this has been anywhere near a memorable set when you look back at other bands from other years?

I’d say it was an interesting set hearing some of their newer stuff I didn’t know. And it was a Friday headliner not one of the big 2 nights. I’d rather festivals mixed it up a bit instead of the same few bands that do “festival friendly” sets. 

AlphonseCapone
17 minutes ago, micole said:

Ok then I'll stick to Zeppelin, Sabbath, Free, Purple ,Stones, Beatles, Eagles, ect, as I grew up with them and all you young whippersnappers can do one....😁.

Yeah, yeah 😝 

heartsfc_fan

Impressive 505 from AM

From the earlier chat, yes, I'd always prefer Kasabian.

AlphonseCapone
19 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

They're still going but all the cleaning and cooking back stage gets done quicker and to a higher standard these days.

:isee:

17 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Serge has took over the frontman role. I feared the worst but saw them at the hydro last November and they were better than ever. They’re main support at TRNSMT on the Saturday this year and they’re headlining Kendal Calling which I’m buzzing for. Don’t think they’ll quite ever reach the status they had before but still an incredible band 

Ah nice, glad to hear it. Was a big fan back in the day. 

Weel I made it to the end.....oh wait!! an encore maybe the crowd are going wild.....yes, no,yes...hurry up the suspense is killing me......here we go....😁

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’d say it was an interesting set hearing some of their newer stuff I didn’t know. And it was a Friday headliner not one of the big 2 nights. I’d rather festivals mixed it up a bit instead of the same few bands that do “festival friendly” sets. 

Ok, I understand that they played a few new songs, but honestly it was poor compared to previous years, some band I'm not a fan of were way better, it was dull, slow and not a festival set, at a festival "Festival Friendly" is what is required I'd say, this would be fine in the O2 in front of their fan base but not at Glastonbury or anywhere else, we can agree to differ hopey 👍

south morocco
3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I thought it was poor I won’t lose any sleep either. Was expecting a bit better but hey ho. 

5 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

:isee:

Ah nice, glad to hear it. Was a big fan back in the day. 

👍😄

3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Ok, I understand that they played a few new songs, but honestly it was poor compared to previous years, some band I'm not a fan of were way better, it was dull, slow and not a festival set, at a festival "Festival Friendly" is what is required I'd say, this would be fine in the O2 in front of their fan base but not at Glastonbury or anywhere else, we can agree to differ hopey 👍

I’m just enjoying seeing live bands on telly. Today so far I’ve enjoyed Sparks, Young Fathers, Carly Rae Jepsen, and most this Arctic Monkeys set. And I’m looking forward to Guns And Roses tomorrow.

invernessjt
1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

How the **** are they a headline act at something the size of Glastonbury 🤷

Who would you have as the 3 headliners?

Just now, Tazio said:

I’m just enjoying seeing live bands on telly. Today so far I’ve enjoyed Sparks, Young Fathers, Carly Rae Jepsen, and most this Arctic Monkeys set. And I’m looking forward to Guns And Roses tomorrow.

I enjoy seeing bands on TV too, that's why I'm watching it, I just don't think this has been anywhere near good enough for Glastonbury.

Just now, invernessjt said:

Who would you have as the 3 headliners?

Not these. Elton John is a brilliant choice, so many upbeat hits and festival friendly anthems, G n R again, a good choice, even if they play just the first album, I don't know who would be available but even Coldplay (and I hate Coldplay) have bigger hits and more of them that Arctic Monkeys, U2 are another, Fatboy Slim, The Killers again, Biffy even.

Meh. 

Still beats watching any other Friday night pish on TV. 

Musician general is just the mutts nutts :lol:

Not these. Elton John is a brilliant choice, so many upbeat hits and festival friendly anthems, G n R again, a good choice, even if they play just the first album, I don't know who would be available but even Coldplay (and I hate Coldplay) have bigger hits and more of them that Arctic Monkeys, U2 are another, Fatboy Slim, The Killers again, Biffy even.

Stereophonics would be a good shout.

Made it to the end.....never again....😁

2 hours ago, stevieboobs said:

Watching Sparks and enjoying them more than I thought I would. They just had Cate Blanchet dancing on stage for them. 

Sparks were fantastic.

1 hour ago, micole said:

Stereophonics would be a good shout.

Made it to the end.....never again....😁

Far From Saints are playing/have played.  Check them out - Kelly Jones with The Wind and The Wave - who have supported him and Stereophonics previously.

5 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Upbeat hits/festival friendly anthems…you’re opinion is basically null and void when you consider Radiohead and The Cure are a couple of the best headline sets to ever grace Glastonbury.

Coldplay…one of the most beige, boring bands in the history of music…I’d rather watch 100 crooning, lounge lizard AM sets that watch their pish!

The Killers and Biffy are nowhere near headline material…same goes for Fatboy Slim.

The new West End
8 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

I liked them early doors, not sure about them now.

I remember the buzz when I saw them at Marcos

Loads trying to skive in / buy tickets

He should keep the moody stuff for Last Shadow Puppets

conn artist
7 hours ago, Tazio said:

I’m just disappointed they didn’t do Fake Tales Of San Francisco. 

The only song of theirs I like. Never got into AM. 

Really liked Fred Agains set from earlier in the night. 

Fairly surprised that the BBC didn’t show The Hives set…instead we get to see the likes of Texas ffs.

4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Some good watches on tonight 

The Pyramid Stage today…bar Guns n Roses, is absolutely horrific.

The entire lineup is fairly average…not as bad as Leeds Festival though, which has plunged new ‘pop’ depths, fully morphing into T4 on the Beach nowadays.

32 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

The Pyramid Stage today…bar Guns n Roses, is absolutely horrific.

The entire lineup is fairly average…not as bad as Leeds Festival though, which has plunged new ‘pop’ depths, fully morphing into T4 on the Beach nowadays.

Capaldi, G&Rs and Fatboy Slim

Plus 1 or 2 other smaller acts.

4 hours ago, Deviskan said:

Upbeat hits/festival friendly anthems…you’re opinion is basically null and void when you consider Radiohead and The Cure are a couple of the best headline sets to ever grace Glastonbury.

Coldplay…one of the most beige, boring bands in the history of music…I’d rather watch 100 crooning, lounge lizard AM sets that watch their pish!

The Killers and Biffy are nowhere near headline material…same goes for Fatboy Slim.

The killers are nowhere near headline material? Despite headlining, aye ok!

Coldplay are beige, I don't even like them but they've more big festival anthems than The Artic Monkeys, Radiohead headlined, so what? And to say that my opinion is null and void is a more than a bit childish.

17 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

The killers are nowhere near headline material? Despite headlining, aye ok!

Coldplay are beige, I don't even like them but they've more big festival anthems than The Artic Monkeys, Radiohead headlined, so what? And to say that my opinion is null and void is a more than a bit childish.

So just to confirm, you moaned about Coldplay headlining most of last night…saying they were not headline worthy (whilst they were headlining)…but now, say that The Killers are decent enough to headline because they’ve headlined before?

Contradicting yourself there methinks!

Coldplay have more headline anthems than the Arctic Monkeys? Utter nonsense…and I don’t like the Arctic Monkeys.

Your opinion was to make a great headliner you needed uplifting songs for the masses…like Coldplay. 

What uplifting songs do Radiohead and The Cure have in that way…two of the best headliners Glastonbury has ever had?

Put stupid opinions on the Internet, expect to get called out about them!