• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dawnrazor

• Tazio

• Homme

• Malinga the Swinga

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Manics were excellent.  Showed a few averages what rock is.  Guns will be another level above.

My mate is there, recons GnR will play New Rose and Dave Vanian will join them on stage, now, he may be very drunk or stoned but that would be great if it happened🤣

6 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

My mate is there, recons GnR will play New Rose and Dave Vanian will join them on stage, now, he may be very drunk or stoned but that would be great if it happened🤣

Vanian is a Rolls Royce of a singer but Brian James' songs don't really suit him now.  I would bet a lot of money on Axl Rose sounding miles better on his own. 

Just now, Victorian said:

Vanian is a Rolls Royce of a singer but Brian James' songs don't really suit him now.  I would bet a lot of money on Axl Rose sounding miles better on his own. 

I'd just love to see Dave Vanian headlining Glastonbury 😄😄

2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I'd just love to see Dave Vanian headlining Glastonbury 😄😄

They were on Fields of Avalon.  Nowhere near enough mass interest to be on a big stage.

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

They were on Fields of Avalon.  Nowhere near enough mass interest to be on a big stage.

Aye, sadly 😔

But if does get on stage to sing one song, then in my mind The Damned will have headlined!!

One for all you Damned fans. One of my crap claims to fame is that I once had a joint with Captain Sensible in the stone circle at Glastonbury. Can't remember the chat being exactly riveting from either of us... 

1 minute ago, Craig_ said:

One for all you Damned fans. One of my crap claims to fame is that I once had a joint with Captain Sensible in the stone circle at Glastonbury. Can't remember the chat being exactly riveting from either of us... 

I cadged him a fag in the Liquid Room once.  

22 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The Damned do New Rose in every set, so I think he can handle it.

They did far better music after Brian left.  Current line up is largely the one on Strawberries and The Black Album.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

The Damned do New Rose in every set, so I think he can handle it.

They did far better music after Brian left.  Current line up is largely the one on Strawberries and The Black Album.

I'm aware of all those things.  :)

Just my opinion that James' songs suited the Vanian who couldn't yet sing as currently.  

Just now, Craig_ said:

Is there anything decent on tonight? Struggling to find anything to watch... 

Guns at 10.  

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, Craig_ said:

Is there anything decent on tonight? Struggling to find anything to watch... 

Just don't put BBC1 on right now. Thank me later

29 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Good vocal by Chrissie Hynde there.

My mother was aghast when she saw her..."she looks older than gran!"

My gran is 94. 😁

Samuel Camazzola
30 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Her songs were sleep inducing though! 😴 

periodictabledancer

Crowd outsinging Capaldi here.  

This is feckin brutal to listen to. 

1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Just don't put BBC1 on right now. Thank me later

Your post goaded me into having a look. Just as he was starting a song. Pretty much the whole audience singing along from the first word. I really don’t get this modern thing of going to a gig just so you can sing/shout the words. Maybe if a certain song has a big singalong type chorus but every fecking song. Pay a fortune for a ticket and have tonedeaf bams overwhelming the talent you’ve come to see. 

Letting them sing more due to his tourettes.

Capaldi basically unable to sing Someone You Loved due to his tourettes. Amd that's after 3 weeks off to prepare. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Never been a big fan of the Manics but I’m enjoying this set on BBC4 just now. 

Yep, likewise. Have to admit, they're a decent live outfit. 

Just now, periodictabledancer said:

Sake, Capldi was bad enough , who's this Lizzo ? Brutal. 

Sponsored by McDonald's, KFC, Pizza hut, Tate & Lyle, Mars, Lurpak and Eli Lilly.

3 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Sake, Capldi was bad enough , who's this Lizzo ? Brutal. 

She’s big in America, apparently 

periodictabledancer
Just now, Dawnrazor said:

Sponsored by McDonald's, KFC, Pizza hut, Tate & Lyle, Mars, Lurpak and Eli Lilly.

The whole "ensemble" is an advert for junk food. 

south morocco
5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Never been a big fan of the Manics but I’m enjoying this set on BBC4 just now. 

Watched it earlier, enjoyed it too although he ain’t a singer 

periodictabledancer
4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Capaldi basically unable to sing Someone You Loved due to his tourettes. Amd that's after 3 weeks off to prepare. 

Just to be clear . I'm not mocking his condition, just the dirges he's singing and the droning sing-along crowd. 

gordiegords

Not a fan of capaldi’s music but i feel for the guy, really struggled there, hope he can get through it and crack on in the future.

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Your post goaded me into having a look. Just as he was starting a song. Pretty much the whole audience singing along from the first word. I really don’t get this modern thing of going to a gig just so you can sing/shout the words. Maybe if a certain song has a big singalong type chorus but every fecking song. Pay a fortune for a ticket and have tonedeaf bams overwhelming the talent you’ve come to see. 

It was his taps aff moment that gave me the boak not just the singalongs 🤢I suppose you have to give him credit for overcoming his tourettes but all his songs seem the same to me and crowd could sing any one of them at any given time and they would fit whatever he was singing.

All roads lead to Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

She’s big in America, apparently 

She needs a big seat on an aircraft, a whole row in fact

Capaldi did an interview on the radio couple  weeks back,  came across quite down to earth and likeable must admit thought before the wise guy glesga patter ,na no for me but seem like he’s where he is by chance and no really cut out for it, no don’t like his music 

hmfc_liam06
6 minutes ago, gordiegords said:

Not a fan of capaldi’s music but i feel for the guy, really struggled there, hope he can get through it and crack on in the future.

Yep, it was pretty hard to watch at the end of his set. He was struggling big time, and visibly upset. His music isn't for everyone but he deserves a break from any criticism for that today.

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Manics were excellent.  Showed a few averages what rock is.  Guns will be another level above.

didnae get anywhere near the level of respect they deserved from the crowd IMO. Too many bairns there 😡

47 minutes ago, Victorian said:

immense for 71 year auld Victorian 👌🏼

15 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Boy was struggling. Why the **** someone in his management team doesn’t take him out the firing line until he gets help to ease his mental health I dunno. Oh aye, silly me, of course I know. It’s all about the doller 🙄

15 mins until GnR. Never been their biggest fan but lookin forward to turnin the telly to full beans if they sing Welcome To The Jungle 😊👍🏼

2 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

Capaldi did an interview on the radio couple  weeks back,  came across quite down to earth and likeable must admit thought before the wise guy glesga patter ,na no for me but seem like he’s where he is by chance and no really cut out for it, no don’t like his music 

By chance in what way?

Just now, Mr Sifter said:

didnae get anywhere near the level of respect they deserved from the crowd IMO. Too many bairns there 😡

Boy was struggling. Why the **** someone in his management team doesn’t take him out the firing line until he gets help to ease his mental health I dunno. Oh aye, silly me, of course I know. It’s all about the doller 🙄

15 mins until GnR. Never been their biggest fan but lookin forward to turnin the telly to full beans if they sing Welcome To The Jungle 😊👍🏼

They’re up in Scotland Tuesday?

2 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

His doc on Netflix is a real eye opener mate. He seems a right decent lad, but the pressure to be the mad cap funny dude seems immense. And it’s not all comin from external influences either. Seems a real troubled guy 😐

1 minute ago, Mr Sifter said:

Guns are already on the iPlayer feed of the pyramid stage. 

gordiegords

Was hearing for weeks that Axl rose sounded terrible but he sounds pretty good to me 🤷‍♂️

hmfc_liam06
2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

By chance in what way?

Yep, just by chance he's written a few massive selling pop songs :lol: